Top 10 franchises that need to come to the Vita

Jd8531

I write about news, tech and other interesting things. Follow me on Twitter.

1. razor says:

I want to see something really fresh for the VITA than franchises.

2. starfall05 says:

goddamnit sony try to release monster hunter before vita games gets pirated so you will gain all monster hunter sales from all players!! and that would trouble your ps vita sales no more!

3. James Way says:

I would never let go of the vita if fallout came to it. I spent 120 hours playing FF7, 50 playing vagrant story and about 40 playing chrono trigger. You know what, maybe I don’t need it to come to the Vita. Gotta get back to kindle reading someday.

4. ionwave says:

I think they should port resident evil to the vita that would be amazing can you imagine RESIDENT EVIL ORIGIN on vita

5. dude says:

Monster Hunter!!!!

6. alpha decay says:

i saw this post with the fallout photo and immediately i was like “*** YEAH!” fallout would be amazing to take around and play anywhere. maybe even add a little AR tech and turn your surroundings into a wasteland to explore for extras or something would be absolutely awesome.

7. shaitan says:

Resident Evil, hopefully revelations because that was pretty awesome on the 3ds

8. Tree Fiddy says:

Sadly it’s just not going to happen…so keep dreaming people. Lol

9. youngoz says:

Castlevania, Guilty Gear, Bleach, Naruto, Final Fantasy 7 (HD/REMAKE), Need for Speed, Gran Turismo, Marvel vs Capcom 2, Manhunt, Devil May Cry, Rockband, Fight Night, Grand Theft Auto (San Andreas HD/remake), Tony Hawk, etc… they just need more titles.

10. FullMoon says:

Tales of Symphonia
    Talse of Vesparia
    The Last of US
    The last Remnant
    Tomb Rider and the Guardian of Light
    Two Souls

Skip the rest of the top 10!

• Chasez671 says:

I agree with most of your choices! Tales of Series would be nice. There’s already Tales of innocence R, but that wasn’t localized here in the U.S.

Sony needs to step it up BIG time. It’s funny how gamers know what is needed to boost sales, but Sony themselves don’t.

• Deagle275 says:

Resident Evil , not 6 , 4!

• BigCockSurprise says:

psp2 is playable legitly with EU vita account…

• Leires says:

Ar Tonelico 3 is kinda…iunno if it’s something you could play in public with the sound on..;P 15 (according to the in-game thing) year old girls stripping and making sexual noises..It’s not a bad game, but my god is it something you need willpower not to feel awkward about.

Would enjoy a tales series on vita, that indeed would be nice.
      They have Atelier Meruru on vita for japan only :/ Hugely sadfaced about that.
      Kingdom hearts seems a bit trickled down in terms of quality as compared to what it used to be..maybe that’s just me, though.
      Fallout I’d be all for, that actually sounds like a legit good idea.
      Monster hunter, of course, though i hope it doesn’t have gimmicky touchscreen controls. People with big hands have issues touching one tiny specific spot on touchscreens. ._.
      It definitely needs Disgaea 4 or something along those lines for it, as portables and RTSes go hand in hand due to some unwritten law of the world.
      I’d also enjoy some visual novels, though that’s highly unlikely as the US seems to have a ‘lol vns = tentacle rape’ mentality.
      Would love some more White Knight Chronicles..I played WKC and will be playing WKC2 when i get my PS3 back, never played the PSP one but with the vita it should be closer to a console experience, I’d think.
      Make another Dark Cloud! Or at least remake them for the vita. The photo thing in DC2 comes to mind and would work just fine with the touchscreen. Really Sony, get on this one. T.T
      Would also like to see a remake of Odin Sphere. The game has mad slowdown on the actual PS2, so seeing it played without slowdown or lag would be phenomenal.

I could make a list muuuch larger than this, but i think this is already going to take up half the page. Really though, there’s so much damn potential, even in remakes. Sony needs to figure it out, man. :/

• Hellinferno says:

1. Grand Theft Auto? are you kidding? there are tons of games better than that ***,im surprise that you didnt put Counter strike *** on the list.I agree with you men,by the way…I LOVE YOU,CAN I MARRIED YOU? AJAJAJAJAJAJA,Skies of arcadia is one of the best games of sega dreamcast awesome choice my friend,tales games?,*** why the heck not,they have to be on vita,you also forget these:
      Castlevania like Nintendo Ds Style 2d and 3d,not like the ps3 version or ps2,ps2 game was awesome but i love the Symphony of the night style and Ds.
      Final Fantasy like the old ones,not like Phantasy star online ***.
      Crash Bandicoot
      Croc 3
      Skullmonkeys 2
      King Of Fighters UM Collection
      Metal Slug
      Rage Of The Dragons
      Bloody Roar
      Soul Calibur
      Power Instinct New game
      Parasite Eve 1 Remake
      Medievil 3
      Rockman (Megaman)love the japanese version because of the intro and the voices.
      Grandia 4
      WILD ARMS!!!!!!! not tacticts.

What do you guys think?.

• Hellinferno says:

I forgot to mention Dragon Ball,Naruto,a new and better rpg for Fairy Tail and a new old style of silent hill im not saying that the the game sucks but i was expecting the old style but i will get it next year,instead of that game i will get Tales of innocence r,sfxt,nfs and blaze blue.

11. Kim See says:

I wish also the graphics where in the same as the picture above.

12. Afster says:

heck yeah to Kingdom Hearts!! Birth By Sleep for the psp was brilliiant Square Enix have to make one for the vita, there is already one for the 3ds!

13. gunblade says:

one of the (mpog)…. i kinda want like old school ps2 games (.hack sign) 9Dirge of Cerberus).. ps3 wise probly
    (skyrim) and (soul caliber) i jus hope that there more like ps3 game then like better looking psp game cuz yea game play for most vita game is not to long i guess becuz if u think sony card base game can hold like probly 64 32 gb but since sony into donwload game n there memory card hold only 32 they probly have like shity limits to game so why i guess it took me like a day n half to beat ressisatnce the final boss was preety good..see i was thinking they could have like game wea most of it is like online so u would need internet but u would save space on ur memory card but i guess on 3g game like (free realms) would still lag…

14. missred says:

Where is the Resident Evil? That’s one the best series ever made.

15. dem0n says:

Gta will be on the ps vita in 2013 made by rockstar north edinburgh, united kingdom. I have it from good sources they have it in game testing now.

May I add they were the one that made Gta san andreas the best of all the gta series. Jet packs and planes could be used as well as character progression. gta 4 went backwards in fetures, it only had better graphics and sucked compared to what rockstar north did with san andreas on the ps2.

16. soad26 says:

and where the heck is MASS EFFECT!!!?

17. E says:

YES to GTA! Screw Battlefront, I want some Force Unleashed II/III action! I would LOVe to see some Ultimate Ninja Storm and DBZ Ultimate Tenkaichi: The ability to create your own Character on your Vita would just be phenomenal.

18. keane says:

Out of the games you put as the top 10, the only ones I would be wanting is Grand Theft auto, loved Liberty City and vice city on psp, then Battlefield, I’d prefer Skyrim to Fallout, and Metal Gear solid 4 for stealth though a new game would be better ;D.

And for me personally I would like a new YuGiOh game hehe love that card game since I bought tag force on psp all the way til tag force 3 to then accidently delete my save data, I had like at least 2 Perfect Decks, gone forever 🙁

19. Chema says:

Devil may cry and Tekken.

20. svenn says:

At my work we have a supercomputer, 15 TF calculating power. But I can’t play DOOM on it. So its just useless for me.

All these games should have been out already long time, the vita failed, just like the psp GO failed. psp was the last of its kind. (mobiles, tablets, laptops, raspberry pi’s, …)

When i bought my psp, i din’t have money nor time enough to play all games, now I really am waiting for a must-play game on the vita.

borderlands, MHU and GTA waiting for me @ vita ? insta-buy.

21. Hunter138 says:

Really? Dat care list.

Demon’s Souls / Dark Souls
    NieR
    LocoRoco
    Patapon
    Darksiders
    Valkyria Chronicles
    Platinum Games stuff (Max Anarchy, Vanquish, Bayo You whould no, obviously)
    Resident Evil ahahalol
    Batman Arkham Stuff
    Ys series HD remastered

22. ryujinn says:

YEEAHHH GOD OF WAR!!!!!!

23. iSWORD says:

Burnout Paradise & Just Cause 2 should be added to the list.

24. Deagle275 says:

Vta, definately needs , a decent rpg , like elder scrolls . Not those bad sky view ones.

25. Minimur says:

i hope sony read this

26. Minimur says:

and btw, Devil May Cry !!! it was supposed to come to psp but it was scrapped, how ***

27. bboyjeans says:

Damn, this article should be sent to Sony!!

28. natejr says:

Back in the 2006-7 there was a Elder Scrolls for the Psp in development but was in the time when the sales of psp going down,there is screenschoot around the web,and was stopped..it’s s a shame..the Elder Scrolls for N-Gage was a great title(and run in a processor 100mhz),and with the power of the ps vita…..but for me the Vita is nearly dead..if Sony don’t sleep early..

29. fox0o says:

I would say hitman instead of splinter cell but besides that, nice list 🙂

30. Marto says:

This ain’t right, Gran Turismo is missing. We know that game shifts a lot of copies and unit sales.

31. johnnymullen says:

Skate 3 please

32. AyeGuy says:

Give me a cool free roam game like GTA V or FALLOUT 3/NV and i will be good.

33. Reaper666 says:

a working skyrim would be cool

34. TtahaD says:

gta v 🙂

35. Danny says:

If GTA came out for the vita, my ps vita would be on fire from so much online playing!

36. Nimbulan says:

Probably doesn’t help but to be honest i’d still be pleased as punch with the remastered FF7 with revamped graphics we were all promised a few years back. I even remember the preview for an FF8 where you could even change gear(And had voice overs!)

37. BakedOnSomeSour says:

An elder scrolls game the on psvita would be awesome im disappointed they decided to cancel it for the psp for some reason