Top 10 franchises that need to come to the Vita

Jd8531

Blogger/ Amateur Journalist. Indie Developer. Hacking and console security. Follow me on Twitter.

You may also like...

Tales of Symphonia
    Talse of Vesparia
    The Last of US
    The last Remnant
    Tomb Rider and the Guardian of Light
    Two Souls

Skip the rest of the top 10!

• Chasez671 says:

I agree with most of your choices! Tales of Series would be nice. There’s already Tales of innocence R, but that wasn’t localized here in the U.S.

Sony needs to step it up BIG time. It’s funny how gamers know what is needed to boost sales, but Sony themselves don’t.

• Deagle275 says:

Resident Evil , not 6 , 4!

• BigCockSurprise says:

psp2 is playable legitly with EU vita account…

• Leires says:

Ar Tonelico 3 is kinda…iunno if it’s something you could play in public with the sound on..;P 15 (according to the in-game thing) year old girls stripping and making sexual noises..It’s not a bad game, but my god is it something you need willpower not to feel awkward about.

Would enjoy a tales series on vita, that indeed would be nice.
      They have Atelier Meruru on vita for japan only :/ Hugely sadfaced about that.
      Kingdom hearts seems a bit trickled down in terms of quality as compared to what it used to be..maybe that’s just me, though.
      Fallout I’d be all for, that actually sounds like a legit good idea.
      Monster hunter, of course, though i hope it doesn’t have gimmicky touchscreen controls. People with big hands have issues touching one tiny specific spot on touchscreens. ._.
      It definitely needs Disgaea 4 or something along those lines for it, as portables and RTSes go hand in hand due to some unwritten law of the world.
      I’d also enjoy some visual novels, though that’s highly unlikely as the US seems to have a ‘lol vns = tentacle rape’ mentality.
      Would love some more White Knight Chronicles..I played WKC and will be playing WKC2 when i get my PS3 back, never played the PSP one but with the vita it should be closer to a console experience, I’d think.
      Make another Dark Cloud! Or at least remake them for the vita. The photo thing in DC2 comes to mind and would work just fine with the touchscreen. Really Sony, get on this one. T.T
      Would also like to see a remake of Odin Sphere. The game has mad slowdown on the actual PS2, so seeing it played without slowdown or lag would be phenomenal.

I could make a list muuuch larger than this, but i think this is already going to take up half the page. Really though, there’s so much damn potential, even in remakes. Sony needs to figure it out, man. :/

• Hellinferno says:

1. Grand Theft Auto? are you kidding? there are tons of games better than that shit,im surprise that you didnt put Counter strike shit on the list.I agree with you men,by the way…I LOVE YOU,CAN I MARRIED YOU? AJAJAJAJAJAJA,Skies of arcadia is one of the best games of sega dreamcast awesome choice my friend,tales games?,shit why the hell not,they have to be on vita,you also forget these:
      Castlevania like Nintendo Ds Style 2d and 3d,not like the ps3 version or ps2,ps2 game was awesome but i love the Symphony of the night style and Ds.
      Final Fantasy like the old ones,not like Phantasy star online shit.
      Crash Bandicoot
      Croc 3
      Skullmonkeys 2
      King Of Fighters UM Collection
      Metal Slug
      Rage Of The Dragons
      Bloody Roar
      Soul Calibur
      Power Instinct New game
      Parasite Eve 1 Remake
      Medievil 3
      Rockman (Megaman)love the japanese version because of the intro and the voices.
      Grandia 4
      WILD ARMS!!!!!!! not tacticts.

What do you guys think?.

• Hellinferno says:

I forgot to mention Dragon Ball,Naruto,a new and better rpg for Fairy Tail and a new old style of silent hill im not saying that the the game sucks but i was expecting the old style but i will get it next year,instead of that game i will get Tales of innocence r,sfxt,nfs and blaze blue.

2. Kim See says:

I wish also the graphics where in the same as the picture above.

3. Afster says:

Hell yeah to Kingdom Hearts!! Birth By Sleep for the psp was brilliiant Square Enix have to make one for the vita, there is already one for the 3ds!

4. gunblade says:

one of the (mpog)…. i kinda want like old school ps2 games (.hack sign) 9Dirge of Cerberus).. ps3 wise probly
    (skyrim) and (soul caliber) i jus hope that there more like ps3 game then like better looking psp game cuz yea game play for most vita game is not to long i guess becuz if u think sony card base game can hold like probly 64 32 gb but since sony into donwload game n there memory card hold only 32 they probly have like shity limits to game so why i guess it took me like a day n half to beat ressisatnce the final boss was preety good..see i was thinking they could have like game wea most of it is like online so u would need internet but u would save space on ur memory card but i guess on 3g game like (free realms) would still lag…

5. missred says:

Where is the Resident Evil? That’s one the best series ever made.

6. dem0n says:

Gta will be on the ps vita in 2013 made by rockstar north edinburgh, united kingdom. I have it from good sources they have it in game testing now.

May I add they were the one that made Gta san andreas the best of all the gta series. Jet packs and planes could be used as well as character progression. gta 4 went backwards in fetures, it only had better graphics and sucked compared to what rockstar north did with san andreas on the ps2.

7. soad26 says:

and where the hell is MASS EFFECT!!!?

8. E says:

YES to GTA! Screw Battlefront, I want some Force Unleashed II/III action! I would LOVe to see some Ultimate Ninja Storm and DBZ Ultimate Tenkaichi: The ability to create your own Character on your Vita would just be phenomenal.

9. keane says:

Out of the games you put as the top 10, the only ones I would be wanting is Grand Theft auto, loved Liberty City and vice city on psp, then Battlefield, I’d prefer Skyrim to Fallout, and Metal Gear solid 4 for stealth though a new game would be better ;D.

And for me personally I would like a new YuGiOh game hehe love that card game since I bought tag force on psp all the way til tag force 3 to then accidently delete my save data, I had like at least 2 Perfect Decks, gone forever :(

10. Chema says:

Devil may cry and Tekken.

11. svenn says:

At my work we have a supercomputer, 15 TF calculating power. But I can’t play DOOM on it. So its just useless for me.

All these games should have been out already long time, the vita failed, just like the psp GO failed. psp was the last of its kind. (mobiles, tablets, laptops, raspberry pi’s, …)

When i bought my psp, i din’t have money nor time enough to play all games, now I really am waiting for a must-play game on the vita.

borderlands, MHU and GTA waiting for me @ vita ? insta-buy.

12. Hunter138 says:

Really? Dat care list.

Demon’s Souls / Dark Souls
    NieR
    LocoRoco
    Patapon
    Darksiders
    Valkyria Chronicles
    Platinum Games stuff (Max Anarchy, Vanquish, Bayo You whould no, obviously)
    Resident Evil ahahalol
    Batman Arkham Stuff
    Ys series HD remastered

13. ryujinn says:

YEEAHHH GOD OF WAR!!!!!!

14. iSWORD says:

Burnout Paradise & Just Cause 2 should be added to the list.

15. Deagle275 says:

Vta, definately needs , a decent rpg , like elder scrolls . Not those bad sky view ones.

16. Minimur says:

i hope sony read this

17. Minimur says:

and btw, Devil May Cry !!! it was supposed to come to psp but it was scrapped, how gay

18. bboyjeans says:

Damn, this article should be sent to Sony!!

19. natejr says:

Back in the 2006-7 there was a Elder Scrolls for the Psp in development but was in the time when the sales of psp going down,there is screenschoot around the web,and was stopped..it’s s a shame..the Elder Scrolls for N-Gage was a great title(and run in a processor 100mhz),and with the power of the ps vita…..but for me the Vita is nearly dead..if Sony don’t sleep early..

20. fox0o says:

I would say hitman instead of splinter cell but besides that, nice list :)

21. Marto says:

This ain’t right, Gran Turismo is missing. We know that game shifts a lot of copies and unit sales.

22. johnnymullen says:

Skate 3 please

23. AyeGuy says:

Give me a cool free roam game like GTA V or FALLOUT 3/NV and i will be good.

24. Reaper666 says:

a working skyrim would be cool

25. Danny says:

If GTA came out for the vita, my ps vita would be on fire from so much online playing!

26. Nimbulan says:

Probably doesn’t help but to be honest i’d still be pleased as punch with the remastered FF7 with revamped graphics we were all promised a few years back. I even remember the preview for an FF8 where you could even change gear(And had voice overs!)

27. BakedOnSomeSour says:

An elder scrolls game the on psvita would be awesome im disappointed they decided to cancel it for the psp for some reason

28. zaga says:

and don´t forget pro evolution soccer…

29. Jo-Eng says:

I think they should have put tekkentagtournament2 on the vita rather than the WiiU, also monsterhunter is a must I think they are just waiting till more people buy the vita. God of war on the vita is surely coming, I think its just a matter of time.

30. SofaKing™ says:

more multiplayer, and Xplay games, World series of Poker, Risk, Uno, just to get the ball rolling, this thing was built for FPS so lets get some in, i think an RTS might work with this nice touch screen and all, in Canada we are still waiting for things like “wake up club” and ps1 classic CRASH Bandicoot, still no “t@g” and a RADIOPLAYER.

31. Telgar Drakore says:

I honestly agree with your article, but sometimes I think Sony does not want the Vita to succeed. Sony passed up on Monster Hunter, which was one of the best selling games for the PSP with almost exactly the same sales as God of War in the US, and it literally SOLD MILLIONS of psp’s in Japan, and yet Sony shrugged it off. God of War and GTA both have been defining moments in the psp’s life and sold millions of the consoles for Sony, and yet both of those are absent. I just dont think Sony really cares anymore about their system.

32. Dcdoz says:

a dissidia 2 anyone?? and what ever happened to FFX??

33. Hellgun says:

So many great ideas. i’d have to hide my credit card bill from my wife if half of what ppl said here were released. Also, i’d need to get cancer to have enought time to play :D

34. Ca$HQuake says:

Oh, it those games mentioned above shouldn’t be free. A huge game such as GTA will be a large development and I will be pissed if it took me almost a year to develope a game and its free. Nah, just buy it. Just because we have PS Plus doesn’t mean we should get every game in the library.

35. CycloneFox says:

My reason to buy a PSP was Metal Gear Solid. (Ac!d 1/2, Portable Ops and most of all Peacewalker)
    Now I already have a Vita and already played the HD Collection in PSVita and PS3 but well… I’m hoping for an exclusive Metal Gear game for the Vita. Altogether I’m hoping for more Japanese games in Vita. Gravity Rush, Persona 4 and Ragnarok Odyssey for example are a good start, but I’m really hoping for more games like Gravity Rush.

36. marjowikid says:

battlefield and battlefront thats what i want hell i play battlefront renegade squad and elite squad on my vita right now games i loved on the psp that i bought now playing them on the vita and making it so i can use the right thumb stick to turn does make it AWESOME!!!!! also me and my brother playing together him on his psp me on my vita makes it even more epic DAMNIT SONY GET YOUR FUCKING SHIT TOGETHER!!!!!!

37. Skars says:

Good list, very good list.

I just don’t agree with Battlefield. Surely vita can’t handle all that BF have to offer, and the game is mostly CPU bound, so features need to be cut to make vita handle it, is better to don’t come.

Instead, I would swap Battlefield for Onimusha.

– Onimusha is a good mix of action and RPG game, mostly action, and Onimusha 3 for PS2 for example, takes place in Japan and France, featuring guns and swords, it was a big hit, making fans over the East and West.

Please a new onimusha! for ps3 or vita, or maybe both!

38. Jan says:

I prefer the Monster Hunter and Digimon series

39. Aardy says:

Not a very good list. It doesnt even have a single real rpg.

(Kingdom Hearts and Monster Hunter are close, but not true RPGs)

40. mr.evo says:

Skyrim , GTA V release in 2013 ….PsVita is best seller in 2013

41. mr.evo says:

I mean Skyrim , GTA V for PSVita ,or Fallout Las Vegas is good . i love it but i dont know when it happen ..hixhix

42. geohot says:

fuuck you where is the MGS ?

43. Cloud says:

As long as they’re not a bunch of ports. The Vita needs exclusives.

44. shades says:

DARK SOULS. That’s all.

45. david says:

Fallout on ps vita will make me shit bricks

46. DavidBN says:

Throw all those franchises to the trash and gimme all new and original games! I love when a new game comes with an original idea, instead all those burned franchises.

47. filodude says: