Why the PS4 will probably not be named the PS4

You may also like...

1. TelcoLou says:

Will it actually look like that concept picture?!??!? If so, WOW! :D

2. w7y7a7t7t says:

i hope orbis or orbix or whatever sticks, as that sounds pretty badass.

3. 9rockky says:

Playstation is really famous brand,so if not use this name
    for the console … really stupid idea.

4. stoneskull says:

they’ll use the name ‘playstation’ for sure.. just not 4, apparently.

i think playstation orbis is ok.. something like that

• DBG says:

Yeah, just like we have the “Playstation Vita” we’ll have the “Playstation Orbis”. It’s best to break the number cycle now anyway. Also Vita and Orbis go rather well together.

5. tiutslit2569 says:

Orbis roughly translates “the whole world”, so it’s definitely just a code name. I assume this means that the console will be very well connected, I guess, but it certainly won’t be released without an actual name.

• Hking0036 says:

That could actually be a pretty solid name if it works like that, because vita is life (at least I think) so it could kinda go well… (Just my thoughts)

6. Z3N says:

I agree with what stoneskull said. I think they will stick with the Sony Playstation part and they’ll add some crazy ending like Microsoft did with Xbox 360. I find it kind of silly that Microsoft will probably name their new console Xbox 720. Will it be Xbox 1080 after that? :)

7. SupahLeecha says:

PlayStation Android HD much better, lol. Maybe it will have a chance in the market.

8. w7y7a7t7t says:

they cold also go with an android style name like “the playstation ex4g HD2″

9. NNNRT says:

What about PSU (ultimate) or PSE (extreme) or anything related to the product, like glass in a different language? They could call it Super PlayStation or PS itself, wouldn’t be bad. Not saying that they should name it “PlayStation” like the original PSone but I mean PS itself. In my opinion, let it be named PS four, & in Japan they pronounce it “four,” not yon…

10. ramenking says:

anything new ?

11. Linkedot says:

I am also tired of the ps(numbers)
    it will give more confidence to new customers who never tried sony’s consoles before, and also it will free fanboys from their obligations and it will certainly bring new flavor to the gaming industry … at the end it’s more of a marketing stratege.
    And Personally i don’t give a s**t about the name, i just hope for a mature and elegant design, as i am leveling up biologicaly i still keep my interests in video games.

12. Night says:

Well… Orbis = Circle = Circulo
    Vita = Life = Vida

Result = Life Circle Or Life Cycle Or Circulo de la Vida

13. CycloneFox says:

Sony could do it like Winamp and just skip the 4 to call it (PS2+PS3=) PS5. But that would somehow be stealing the idea…

14. JR says:

I think it’s going to be called the PS4. I remember back in the day when they code-named the PS2… PS2, and they actually went with it since all the fans already knew it as such.

And remember the first PS2 commercial? It was actually a PS9 commercial which then showed the PS2 at the end saying that it was “just the beginning”. It kind of shows that Sony planned on continuing this traditional name.

15. Rufus says:

Duh, it’s just a code name. They use code names for all new devices before release. We aren’t playing with our shiny NGPs now are we? No, we’re playing with Vitas.

16. NNNRT says:

FOUND A NAME! PS Quattro is very good!

17. HIMFan says:

You’re ***. Go home.

18. neverthewiseone says:

i’m also from east asia to us “4” means you dont have money. get it?

19. ue says:

Hehe so I have a better phone, a psv and likely a better computer… woot for me.

I mean while we are just mocking people.

20. Yes says:

Good that you got to return your Vita if it was something wrong with it. Luckily there is nothing wrong with my Vita :)

21. n1nurt4 says: