Some more VHBL on Vita’s Firmware 2.0

A few days ago we showed you a work in progress of Acid_Snake’s port of VHBL to Vita’s Firmware 2.0. The Z replied quickly with his own youtube video showing VHBL running a few homebrews, using a VHBL port by Frostegater himself (yeah, expect to hear that name more and more, as he seems unstoppable these days).

I’m a bit late on that (sorry, I was busy with work and getting sick, both seem to be prerequesites for me around thanksgiving), as TheZ actually posted the video a few days ago already.

How is this different from Acid_Snake’s port? Well, for a starter, they are probably not using the same game exploit, but more importantly, The Z’s video of Frostegater’s new VHBL port shows actual running homebrews (more than the VHBL menu, I mean). In the video below, we see a Vita 2.0 running Wagic, GPSP, Masterboy, and PSP Filer.

There’s no confirmation on a release date yet, although theZ and frostegater hinted that this might happen as soon as this month or the next. That being said, if you can’t wait for a release, remember that we provide guides here on how to find exploits and port VHBL to them. People with a bit of training have been able to port VHBL to a new game exploit within 1h.

Source The Z

1. kim see’s avatar

cant wait -.-

2. kim see’s avatar

does this exploit doesn’t need any exploit games? such as mad blocker, urbanix and gravity crash.

1. WolfRamiO’s avatar

You need a new game for this

1. koSiukaS’s avatar

Um the VHBL loaded too fast for it to be a save game exploit, I think they found a new way to load VHBL

1. Kim see’s avatar

But this is a kernel exploit right? So it means that I don’t need some save files of exploit games or any exploit games for this?

3. mariusrhpsd’s avatar

will the kernel exploit be released too? if so im updating my vita like the motherfucking fist of the north star

1. Minimur’s avatar

they said there wont be a kernel exploit released for a while because their so rare

2. WolfRamiO’s avatar

NO, you have to wait like 1 or 2 years for that…

3. Kenshiro’s avatar

UPDATE! –> AHHHHHHHTATATATATATATATATATATA!
      AAAAAHHHHHH TAAAAAAAAA!

4. tracer22jhayahr’s avatar

Great news as always.. :) i’m so excited for this to come.. Thanks a lot!

5. Waleed’s avatar

hey wololo when we will see the ps vita hack without psp game exploits?
    I don’t have money to buy the games.

1. ballsucker’s avatar

me too

1. nCadeRegal’s avatar

Do what every normal person does these days, Get A Job! if you think 20 bux is alot to pay for what you get then you hve not been in the scene very long. Hell I remember when it waqs 60 bux for an NES game. the vitas titles are very reasonably priced

1. poop’s avatar

reasonable if you have a good paying job and no family to support! haha most of these vita games have been pooop only game im glad i spent 40 on was disgaea and even that was a little steep considering its just a ps2 port. oh well im blalalalbbbllling

1. kupomogli’s avatar

Disgaea 3 was PS3 port, but I see your confusion on thinking it’s a PS2 port since just like the rest of the games it has PSX graphics.

2. wololo’s avatar

Do you think we intentionally release exploits that require you to buy a game?

1. Leires’s avatar

Of course! You gather up the most expensive titles and then ‘find’ an exploit! And then you link to them on amazon (which usually doesn’t even sell the specific exploit) and you and sony laugh all the way to the bank! /troll

As for a post (not directed at you, i just didn’t want to make two posts) Heck yeah. I can’t wait til we get homebrew for the vita. I’d love to do an LP of P4TG and show off the differences between the two games. Not to mention i updated already and this is spectacular news. Thanks again, frostyG and Zman, really looking forward to this with glee : D

1. Acid_Snake’s avatar

how the hell is sony related to amazon? worst yet, how the hell dou you buy the game in amazon when it is only available in psn?
          people these days have no brains

1. poop’s avatar

I think hes saying that before the exploit is released he sells the name of the game on amazon and then ppl go to psn n buy the game. (like he lists a random game and banks off it even though there’s no exploit on it)
            I could be way off but that’s what I’m gathering?

2. Leires’s avatar

It um..It was a joke..Hence the /troll >_>

3. Leires’s avatar

I can’t edit my previous post, so i gotta make a second to elaborate. /troll is there to say ‘this previous sentence or sentences beforehand was me acting like a troll who doesn’t understand how it works’, with the /troll meaning it was a joke and it’s ended. I guess i should have made it clearer that i was joking and making fun of people who think like that. I’d apologize but uh..i really didn’t do anything wrong, outside of not putting in bold *JOKE* x_x

4. poop’s avatar

its cool acid snake does a great job for the scene but hes kinda of an asshole :/

5. wololo’s avatar

Leires, I got the joke, not everybody else did though, apparently :p

2. wtf’s avatar

Cool story bro, Next time add some dragons and shit.

1. McLoven’s avatar

lmao. where is that LIKE button

2. errm’s avatar

So.. from exploit 2.0 and above there won’t be anymore keploits? Wow way to save the scene guys.:) now were the he’ll is yifanlu with his UVL

1. wololo’s avatar

Hu? Where did I say that?

3. WolfRamiO’s avatar

its the only know way that we have to run exploits on the Vita!!! this also happend on the PSP before kernel PSP kernel xploits

3. Revear’s avatar

Mashallah, you can buy a Vita but can’t afford a game.

4. Mart’s avatar

If you don’t have money to buy games, where the heck did you get money from to buy a PSVita?

Buy them 2nd hand, they are cheap. You can get some for 10 to 15 bucks. Get PS+, it costs you 50 bucks for a year and gets you Uncharted, Gravity Rush and more.

Or what is said already, get a job. Sell other stuff you own.

1. Soada7x’s avatar

Personally I only had enough money for my vita because I saved my Christmas money for it. As for getting a job, everywhere I’ve gone to get one they said I’m not old enough

1. WolfRamiO’s avatar

then dont get consoles if you dont have money for games, they are not free…

5. Sladey’s avatar

But u can afford a Vita? If ur a cheapskate then subscribe to the Playstation Plus and ull have lots of free games each month

1. taj1994’s avatar

Except when you stop paying for PlayStation Plus, you lose all your free games when the subscription runs out…

6. Biohazard’s avatar

Yeah cool, thx for the news..

7. crow132’s avatar

Question: As an exploit, would be possible to run Kernel on it in a future?

8. Dario’s avatar

fuck the vhbl , the top is cfw tn-c

1. WolfRamiO’s avatar

with this one you can run TN, if you are on 1.81 or below

9. DESTROYER_ONER’s avatar

“Frostegater himself (yeah, expect to hear that name more and more, as he seems unstoppable these days)”

10. nCadeRegal’s avatar

sry to hear that you were sick over the holiday, Wololo. Hope ya feel better bud, yea frostegator is an unstoppable force, hes like a mad hacker, props and congrats to you sir. Unlike Mr. Snake who is selfish, you my friend have an undying loyalty to the scene. your efforts do not go unrecognized i shall donate to you some snacks and brew. Thank you my friend.

11. huz’s avatar

gravity crash exploit tn-c 2.00 frostegater
    or psn store when day

1. WolfRamiO’s avatar

mmmm… what?

1. HaHussle’s avatar

do we know how this is done ?

1. WolfRamiO’s avatar

is not that a PSP game running in CEF?

1. HaHussle’s avatar

i was under the impression this doesnt work on the vita

12. Dario’s avatar

cf tn-c is top , vhbl is obsolete exploit

1. thedicemaster’s avatar

vhbl is not an exploit, and tn-c is harder to port.
      vhbl can be launched through a usermode exploit, but tn-c also needs a kernel exploit which is harder to find.
      the kernel exploit used in the past no longer works, so 2 new kernel exploits need to be found(one to keep secret for hacking and testing, one to publish for everyone else)

13. N0TR0LL’s avatar

For those with no money you missed Urbanix…

14. TobeyDemon’s avatar

still not sure the vita is a good deal. i like my lite cfw pro b10 6.60 & my lite cfe me 1.8 6.60 cuz of plugins & homebrews, & iso’s.

15. Hellinferno’s avatar

Obsecion with pokeshit,does he like other game than that shit?,Snes,clock tower,castlevania,donkey kong,ff iv,turrican.My god only pokeshit?,we will be able to play psp games too?,because im sick of waiting for sony to put games that worth like tales games,kingdom hearts,Fairy Tail and others.

16. Silverh@mmer’s avatar

This is good.
    But is it possible that another CFE TN will be released anytime soon?

17. TheWish’s avatar

Without a new Release of an Expolit, this is uninteresting for most Vita User! Respect for the work.

If this ist true: “NO, you have to wait like 1 or 2 years for that…”

Than no one cares about Hacks on Vita … no one wait and read every Day 2x 365 Days News to wait for a Release of an Exploit.

18. bgame2’s avatar

Anyone know why my vita and open CMA insisted on updating? I had no plans to update from TN to 2.00, but my vita and open CMA would not let me do anything without updating. I tried disconnecting from the internet but then it just insisted that I be connected to the web.

19. BeautifulBLACKbabyBITCH’s avatar

Wololo can do what he want it his site and if he want to he can do or say anything if you like it kiss my ass and his too.

20. wololo brother’s avatar

i have found a kernal exploit in the vita not the psp an i will be releasing it on december 25 2012 stay tune

1. wololo's brother's dad’s avatar

i’m releasing a dookie in your mom’s mouth the same day… stay tuned to my ass, dipshit

21. wololo brother’s avatar

oh an if you guys dont believe im wololo brother if you look closly we have the same colour face as the picture you see so thats proof enough an also i will soon have my own wololo site name wololo second.com stay tune.

1. SuzieJoeBob’s avatar

Pics or it didn’t happen.

22. PotatoChip’s avatar

I’ve been jumping around this site the past few days taking a look a the progress being made towards running CFW on the Vita. Somebody tell me if my understanding of this is correct.

A User mode exploit is one which exists somewhere in a specific game or piece of software for the console, and will allow a basic level of freedom with running custom firmware on the machine.

A Kernal exploit, on the other hand, is the holy grail and exists at the OS level of the console, and allows for full access to the system including editing the original Firmware. This is what you need for true CFW.

Is that right? Or am I totally misunderstanding.

1. Tha boss’s avatar

Allmost, a kernel exploit is also found in a game in the Same way a usermode is, but a kernel exploit gives you indeed more options and more acces to your consol. But these exploits are for now only found(running) in PSP games. Thats why you are not Able to get the Full options That the vita offers you. You are stuck in the PSPemulator and not Able to use all the features that the vita features like running psvita games or using the touch screen.

Hope i made it clear :P

1. PotatoChip’s avatar

Yeah, that makes a bit more sense. So on the original PSP, were all of the exploits found via games? I noticed while looking at the original PSP’s CFW listed somewhere on this site that you didn’t actually need to own a specific game to get CFW working correctly. Or were the exploits used to modify the PSP found using different methods?

Just trying to put 2 and 2 together, I’m interested in how all of this works. And thanks!

1. tha boss’s avatar

With the original psp there was another kind of exploit found witch You where able tot activate with a Pandora battery(hacked battery), Thuis exploit was not able to be patched by Sony because it was triggerd by hardware. These days we know how to find exploits in pspgames en because there is a PSP emulator in the vita we can plat with thise exploits. However we dont know how the vita works so we have trouble finding exploits and using them

2. thedicemaster’s avatar

psp had a few other kinds of exploits, but they where based on features not present in the emulator.

the m33 firmwares for the 1k and early 2k models used an exploit in the bootloader, which goes a bit further than kernel mode and even lets you replace system files completely.

the first hen for all psp models(“chickHEN”) and temporary custom firmwares based on it made use of an exploit in the xmb, specifically the loading of certain types of image files in the image viewer.

several exploits where also based on free demo versions I think, which where not available through psn and thus can’t be installed on a vita.
          other than that they are pretty much the same as current vita exploits.

and the latest exploits are actually in the signature verification, allowing the cfw launchers to be signed as if they where official demo games.

1. PotatoChip’s avatar

I think that answered pretty much every question I had, thanks for the great reply. I guess I’ll keep watching the Vita scene to see what happens.. It will be cool if they finally discover an exploit that will allow us take advantage of all of Vita’s features. I’m guessing that will probably take a while.

23. tracer22jhayahr’s avatar

anyone got info about open cma development on 2.0 ofw? Coz i read to some post saying exploit will be useless if there’s no open cma..

1. Tha boss’s avatar

It wont be useless you just have to get your pc and your vita off the internet

1. tracer22jhayahr’s avatar

but i think u can’t use cma w/o internet connection..

1. Tha boss’s avatar

Dont know it for sure but in the beginning you Will be Able to use the normal cma and if you put the ssh client on the vita you Will be Abel to get files on it without cma or opencma

1. tracer22jhayahr’s avatar

what is this ssh client thing? Can i also transfer video, pic, etc.. with this?

2. WolfRamiO’s avatar

did you mean FTP? SSH its other protocol to enter command via a secure shell on a remote terminal -_-

3. Tha boss’s avatar

Yeah i mixed Those two up

24. Tha boss’s avatar

Ey wololo do you have any idea how far They are with the vita exploit( without the psp emulator)???

25. woIolo’s avatar

can some one make playstation plus free game permanent?

26. razor’s avatar

Are Vita demos completely free of exploits ?
    Can’t we concentrate for exploits on game demos like the Patapon PSP exploit, so that everyone could get their hands on VHBL..?//

1. wololo’s avatar

Urbanix was free for several months and we tried to make it very clear it had an exploit. PSP Demos on the Vita are sparse, let alone the ones that actually let you control save data. As far as “Vita” games are concerned, we can’t dream of a Vita game exploit until we know much more about the internal ram/OS structure

27. Waleed’s avatar

Hey guys PSP Loco Roco Midnight carnival demo is available in the US Store. So please somebody can check it if it contains exploit? I don’t have PSP. sorry for the bad english

1. wololo’s avatar

I’ve checked this one several times and never found anything useful. But other people can give it a try :)

28. shield_of_aiur’s avatar

i dont know shit all about exploit or anything but i am curious how sony patch the game. do they analyze the vhbl? if so, is there a way to code some garbage and hide the actual code that make the difference? so even when they release it back onto psn again there might be a chance it still can be used as a exploitable game?a

1. wololo’s avatar

In theory I guess it would be possible, although given enough time they would find it eventually. Practically, we almost always use the same bug (buffer overflow in the player’s name), and the same code for loading binaries, so by now Sony probably always know where to look and what to fix.

29. Stranno’s avatar

Masterboy 2.10? SERIOUSLY? The last Brunni release was 2.02, the other was some fake stuff released by an idiot that only changed the version (probably through an hex editor) and invented fake changelogs.

Really, throw this shit to the recicle bin. Better, dont recicle it.

30. josh’s avatar

can the vita if hack can have a ps2 emulator or gamecube? with the power it has.

1. DK’s avatar

Ps2 emulators such as PCSX2 are incredibly processor intensive, meaning you need a high end PC to play games at a decent speed. Unless we can get some insane levels of optimization on the Vita, I doubt it’ll happen. I’d be happy with a decent N64 and hopefully a Dreamcast emulator.

31. Jeppe’s avatar

What is the game we need to get the new vhbl

1. WolfRamiO’s avatar

no body is gonna tell you that until the realse day!

2. neverthewiseone’s avatar

or he can just get a ninja release sooner than the release that.

32. Hellinferno’s avatar

By the time the Vita get free download copies of the games i will be able to understand how to use this kind of things JAJAJAJA i made it the first time but i didnt have those games to test it.

33. hacker’s avatar

i want a ps2 emulator soo fckin bad :D

34. Krayziezay’s avatar

I cant wait till they release it I’m one the unlucky few who is stuck on 1.81 and cant do nothing but wait till the 2.0 is released. I hope its out by the end of the week

35. neverthewiseone’s avatar

correct me if im wrong, but in my observation the vhbl exploits released here has kernel exploit also. remember mhfu, super collapse and the other title(i forgot the name). before wololo said that it was only in user mode and it’s only for vhbl but later someone found a kernel exploit on them. i’m assuming now that there is a big probability that the next title would have a kernel exploit on it!? given that someone finds an exploit like tn did.

36. Kim see’s avatar

37. crazycat36’s avatar

I have a working open CMA working on the newest 2.00 firmware for the ps vita. I am not a dev but i used PSN’s original CMA.exe file in conjunction with OPEN CMA r4 files it seems as though i have bypassed sonys update i give all credit to Vir Flame for the hacked CMA. i will be posting a link where you can download open CMA along with instructions on how to install open CMA tomorrow. I hope this helps.

1. luda1’s avatar

AWESOME WORK !!

Where will you post it? :-)

38. coog_cool’s avatar

IT’S good NEWS

if need test ,PLS give me massage

tks

39. Kim see’s avatar

40. Kim see’s avatar

What’s the difference between this kernel exploit to the previous exploit “CEF 6.60 TN” ??????? Does the kernel exploit needs some games to run VHBL? Pls reply ASAP.

41. SARS1983’s avatar

perfect news can’t wait any more O(∩_∩)O

42. SARS1983’s avatar

nija release right?

43. Dario’s avatar

release the exploit for 2.00 vita

44. andré’s avatar

did anyone tried the old patapon 2 save exploit?

45. Matthew’s avatar

When can we expect new exploit for 2.00?

46. Krayziezay’s avatar

Who really knows only the devs know

47. stue’s avatar

I was hoping that it would’ve been released.by the end of.the week but I guess I’m wrong. What I think is gonna happen is that either A. Its gonna come out before the newest update B. By Christmas or C. Like how the iPhone hacks was that they might wait till 2.1 and then try and hack that one