Working PSP Kernel Exploit on Vita 2.0! Future releases….

A message for gamers as the holiday season is here:
Hey Folks, it is the shopping season and that means most of us will be buying gaming stuff in November and December. Wololo.net will be looking for the best deals and let you know about them. For example in July 2016, our twitter followers and mailing list subscribers were among the first to know about an Uncharted 4 Special edition deal for $19, a 75% discount at the time! Follow us on twitter to stay up to date. I also suggest to subscribe to our deals mailing list below for full deal updates. Note: this mailing list is mostly useful for people in the US.

We do not share your email with any third party

1. huz says:

i want kernel exploit v2.00
    sign in acount 1.81 block cmd need update 2.00
    but ftp file fail to again ps vita restart miss format memory
    i have ps vita cma backup copy pc apps gravity cash .

2. dan says:

WHEN, HOW, NEED MORE INFO, COME ON MAN INFORMATION INFORMATION!

3. DBG says:

I think all of this is great work and have supported the homebrew community for ~15 years now and I know the hope is to one day have Vita homebrew. Until then, I am sticking with my PSP-1000, as I love the fact that I can run CFW, have access to all of my legit titles (although I think the same UMD that is in the slot now has been in there for years as I backed up all of my games into iso format then compressed them into cso for storage/ease of use), access to PSN/official multiplayer as well as XLink Kai and homebrew.

On a slightly unrelated matter, I am slightly annoyed that Sony made it possible to backup games/content/etc to your PC via Wifi but not to your PS3 (of which I still have my 60GB launch unit, albeit with a 320GB replacement drive on OFW). I thought the days of physically hooking up your handheld to your console ended with the PSP (although I still love the term “transfarring” =p)… maybe we’ll get an update in the future. Keep up the good work guys!

4. huz says:

ps vita v2.00 wifi device app to pc cma network ip address automatically cma device easy work !! XD gc kernel exploit 2.00.

usb cma 1.81 ftp fail

5. mlc says:

I almost think it might be more beneficial to do some VHBL releases and save the kernel exploit, though it’s entirely possible that this announcement will earn enough attention from Sony that the kernel exploit will get patched.

So, basically, devs that know about this exploit need to judge how simple it is to find, and how easy it might be to patch, and determine a release schedule based on that. Because personally I think that several VHBL releases might encourage Sony to release future firmware updates more quickly, so we might be able to preserve this kernel exploit for a month or two so as to make it more “useful” than a full eCFW released immediately after the first eCFW.

But if it appears that there are lots of kernel exploits, then this doesn’t matter. I’d just hate to see one wasted if we’re going to run out of software methods and have to move to hardware hacks.

6. mlc says:

Wahh, my comment is awaiting moderation? i guess due to length, i dunno, haha.

But my point was that it might be best to preserve this kernel exploit for a later firmware, unless we’re certain that there are other kernel exploits to find. Because 2.0 isn’t really that much better than 1.80/1.81 – it would be much better to save this for 2.5 or 3.0 or whatever (if they come within the next year or so) rather than release two major exploits essentially back to back.

7. PsVITAHackbeginner says:

Why we repatch the game? why we dont programm a game filer to modify the game?

8. PsVITAHackbeginner says:

so we can program a cfw or a hackprogram with icon,.. and istall this with a exploit ,then if comes a new fimeware with patch then the files are loading

9. Sir Howard Stringer says:

Pretty soon more exploits will be on the way due to the upcoming PS4 so don’t worry your pretty little faces and have a great Thanksgiving weekend!

10. Foleyfactor says:

The iPhone 4s scores 386 plus 9 bonus points :O

11. Foleyfactor says:

whoops! wrong thread, sorry 🙂

12. Pirate says:

I know all everything!

13. AyeGuy says:

I want to see a new opencma.

14. Riku says:

Haha, didn’t think it would be this quick.

Hopefully some fame monger doesn’t *** this one up

15. Dirtabd says:

Anyone got PS AllStar Battle Royal working on 1.81 CFW? Or is there a way to transfer from PS3?

• Kratosreven says:

attach it to your psn account via your ps3, then go to the psn on your vita and download it there… thats what i did at least xD

16. psh posh says:

“Reply
    Pirate on November 21, 2012 at 10:56 pm
    I know all everything!

erugh on November 21, 2012 at 10:56 pm
    ^This.

All of this.

You, guys are very intelligent Pirate does know it all!”

Agreed you guys know it!

17. Samidare says:

It would be cool to know if we, who got already an exploit (or more) can just sit tight and wait for a sure port of the tnc for these older exploit to work on 2.00 or if we have to update and buy another game for the new exploit.
    At least it would be cool to know it in advance, because we all know that files don’t get released with the new game name, but aftet, and waiting is not a great option because as soon as the files come out the game will be gone from the store. If frostegate would be so kind to clarify this, at some point, I would be glad.

18. andrea82it says:

this is a good news… but for now i can’t update, my old psp don’t work very well and i need the eCFW for use backup of my umd game on psv… at same time i use more the web browser of psv and the update of wb are very very good, but i can’t update without a exploit for 2.00… this is not a goot position for me 🙁

19. Moi says:

Good news, and I’m a noob and all, but wouldn’t it be kinda pointless if we have no open CMA to accompany the newfound exploit?

20. marlewuk says:

excellent news frostgater. i guess the exploits in the psp part of the vita will always be around, just like the wii u running wii homebrew & r4 cards on 3ds. Will there ever be an exploit on main systems? Hopefully sooner rather than later…

21. Soldier says:

hmmm, so opencma won’t work with it so what is the point of this exploit if we can’t use opencma? Do we even need opencma tho? I don’t even think I use opencma and I can install games onto my PS VITA still through the ftp.

• vbfan says:

Restoring your vita (bad memory card or upgrade) is one important use for OpenCMA now.

• wololo says:

You answered your own question. But openCMA is useful for people who don’t want a forced update, or who don’t want to be forced to be connected when they copy regular files on their vita

22. wololo says:

Shut up, Meg.

23. andrix10 says:

So that means I can update safely and get the awesome PS+ deal?

24. Alex says:

A new Kernal exploit so soon? 0_0 Is it easier to find these exploits on the emulator than when the psp was being hacked?

• wololo says:

More people have the knowledge, more people are willing to share. That being said, the Vita is almost 1 year old and we only had one psp kernel exploit so far. Compare to how many kernel exploits we had on the PSP just last year… almost 1 for each new firmware.

25. E says:

I think it is high time for them to find another Method of running TN-C through the Kernel exploit in addition to the current method. Just in case Sony gets wise and decides to Patch that method.

26. jacob says:

is anyone tring to get a cfw that isnt a sandboxed psp

• Moi says:

I’m not sure I’d want that, honestly. There are some games I enjoy playing online with Vita and I’d like to rest easy knowing some punk won’t CFWCheat his way to victory, thanks.

27. jamesssss says:

An idea…

would it make more sense for the devs to try and see if they can find 5-6 Kexploits if possible (I know they are difficult to find) and keep them secret. Then build a release schedule say every 6 months they will release a new eCFW based on one of these exploits.

That way people can stop complaining that they want it NOW, and people who are on it know that every few months they will be able to upgrade the Vita to the latest version so that we don’t end up in PS3 CFW where we were stuck for months until recently.

If they found 5-6 exploits thats 3 years of exploits (and a good chunk of the PSV life), who knows by then they might have cracked the Vita itself and we don’t need them anymore.

Just an idea…

28. NinjaTune says:

Found out that if your one of the snitches that finds out about the game exploits Sony Entertainment Of America or Europe or so forth will give you a year free of psn+ and a game of your choice no wonder why it takes less than 48hrs for sony to take these games down my source is solid because I listened to a recording that sony uses to train their employees.

29. Westsideconnection says:

Who needs proof when it’s possible facts continue to spy on Sony anyone questioning that is automatically suspect.

30. SomeGuy says:

As much as i support the hacking scene and enjoy the work of you guys.
    I really wish that we hadn’t *** up the only product sony have left.
    When sony leave the hardware industry like sega , what will we have left apples *** and the wiiu and endless microsoft consoles.

All This to get some free games on ur psvita , dont tell me its about homebrew the homebrew on the ps3 is hardly an example of greatness. The only good apps that exist on the ps3 are for playing free games lets face it.

• wololo says:

The ps3 might be a bad example, but look at the psp. Localizer, cspsp, lamecraft, pimpstreamer, the browser hack to use more ram, support of birth by sleep on the psp go, not even mentioning the legion of emulators…

31. ivo says:

hello,

ive just updated to 2.00
    launched the webpage of my favorit game card
    browser froze with power and ps buttons not responding

is ther like ps3 infectus solderless flash solution
    is ther a solution for solderless read/write for vita ?

its some schp brick 🙁

32. Does this mean we dont need those impossible to get psp
    games on the psn store to work these exploits, will we
    be able to run PSP ISO Directly like the psp cfw, Please
    Confirm….

33. NobleVita says:

Will this most likely be released as a NinjaRelease?

34. The reason why I need to get this for serious thing is, “PSP Games could not be stop in my mind” >.< . . .

35. swordchi says:

when will it be released?!?!?!?!?!?!?! i’ve been waiting for far to long!!!!

1. November 22, 2012

[…] todavía puede que tengan la posibilidad de hacerlo en un futuro próximo, y es que Frostegater ha anunciado que ha encontrado un nuevo exploit para el kernel de PSP en PS […]

2. November 22, 2012