PSVita OFW update 2.00 live (for real this time)! Could block eCFW

The PSVita OFW update 2.00 is now live! This update could block the eCFW kexploit but considering the past, it surely does block all the user mode exploits (Sony why won’t you ever understand!). This firmware update adds a lot of new features, the main highlight being Playstation Plus(For a full list of highlights : http://wololo.net/2012/11/18/to-update-or-not-to-update-that-is-the-question/ )

Many users may be tempted to update but, it is recommended that users who wish to keep eCFW wait until it is known if the exploit has been patched or not. For other users it is their choice as no one knows what will happen next but, it is still recommended to refrain from updating until we have more information about the update and what it does.

Tags: , ,

1. Hurarah’s avatar

3rd LOLs, this update isn’t live in the EU yet.

2. Devilmax’s avatar

In my location ofw 2.0 ar not available at this time

3. Tonakai’s avatar

This is a bit of a shame. I was really enjoying the use of the internet on my Vita.

Anywhoo, I signed up for my free PSPlus, but never got it, so I guess I can’t complain about not having internet connection, as it doesn’t really effect me.

Anyway, I believe it’s pretty safe to bet that this does block eCFW, but if not, I will most certainly update.

4. todd flanders’s avatar

I am going to update my MHF2 exploit and considering 1.81 blocked this I am definitely saying bye bye to ecfw. It was fun while I had it.

5. Jd8531’s avatar

I don’t think the update is out yet

1. wololo’s avatar

Urg… probably depends on the region, but I’ll double check with hgoel0974

1. Rafael707’s avatar

U.S psn is still up and no update yet..

1. Jd8531’s avatar

I think he’s US but Im not receiving an update and haven’t seen any reports of such anywhere.

6. zanor’s avatar

I was wondering, what are the six free games?

1. Jd8531’s avatar

PlayStation Vita’s PlayStation Plus 11/20 Lineup
      Uncharted: Golden Abyss
      WipEout 2048 (US ONLY)
      Chronovolt (EU ONLY)
      Gravity Rush Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack
      Jet Set Radio (US ONLY)
      PSP title Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions (US ONLY)

1. NakedFaerie’s avatar

The games I would want from that list I already have.
        The other games I dont want.

I’ll wait to hear back from others about the update.
        Lets hope there is no fix from Sony about the eCFW so we can keep it with the next exploit we find. :)

7. Jan’s avatar

Goodbye Ragnarok Odyssey Online Play,,

1. what’s avatar

What? Why?

1. Jd8531’s avatar

Because you wont be able to play online unless you update to the newest firmware.

8. Linkedot’s avatar

I’m on 1.81 without an exploited game… Should i update ?

1. Brandon B.’s avatar

If you have no exploited game or form of eCFW there really is no reason for you NOT to update. Any new exploit release (if any) will likely be targeted at 2.0+.

9. Jo-Eng’s avatar

I really hope they didnt patch it coz I want to use my free 30 day trial :D

10. xfreyr’s avatar

heloo!!! did,you ever been satisfied with a free service

11. NakedFaerie’s avatar

Where is the update live? Its not here in Aus.

12. MC’s avatar

Quick question, will all new games coming out this holidays require the update? Battle Star Royale etc, reckon it will force update to 2.0 to play (or even past 1.81 for that matter)? Cause that will be my biggest concern…

1. ViRGE’s avatar

None of the impending holiday games require 2.0. They all went to press long before 2.0 was finished. Now you probably won’t be able to get on PSN to play PABR with other people, but it will be perfectly usable on its own.

13. Shrek is Dreck’s avatar

It’s not live

14. xfreyr’s avatar

me… defenitly dont upgrade to 2.0

15. The Budds’s avatar

2.0 does block the savegame from loading, comes up as corrupt data.

16. AshTerra’s avatar

Mommy I’m scared!!

17. AshTerra’s avatar

So…. I can’t see nay PS+ Icon anywhere. It’s not out yet? Or its for PS3 only?

18. Jurian’s avatar

2.0 is live in u.s. right now. Seems to be no plus right now. If it is somewhere, there must be some convoluted way to access it that i can’t figure out.