2.0 OFW update live now, not forced but blocks ALL exploits and Open CMA

The 2.0 official firmware update for the PlayStation Vita is now out, earlier than previously noted.

If you live in the US (reports say some areas of EU and Mexico can update now too) you can now update to the new 2.0 Vita Official firmware via the settings. As this is typed it is not a forced update, so those who are on lower firmwares can still access PSN. Of course this can change at any given time, all Sony has to do is flip the switch. Could Sony have had a change of heart? Most likely not, but its best that you go download what you want off of PSN in case lower firmwares get shut out and it becomes a forced firmware update. The update comes out in waves, so the rest of you in other regions or territories should receive the update soon.

Along with the firmware update, as expected all exploits are patched and do not work. That includes the recent Urbanix, Mad Blocker and Gravity Crash exploits. I am currently doing an investigation to see if only the exploits released so far are patched or if Sony implemented a bigger update that would block all future exploits as well. There is a possibility that this may be the case, but we can not be positive yet. It does look however to be patched once again, through the Vita’s OS instead of the PSPemu, a tactic we saw with the Monster Hunter exploit on the 1.81 update. Sadly as I predicted too, Open CMA does not work anymore on the new firmware update. Sony has patched Open CMA but to what extant is unknown right now until further investigation. Hopefully Open CMA can at least be salvaged.

Along with the update other users are confiming that the update also is causing some technical glitches with their Vita. One specific user is unable to unlock his Vita even after rebooting multiple times. OFW could be unstable so that is something to keep in mind when considering to update. Again Open CMA and all exploits are patched on the new update. Please stay tuned for more developments on this and hopefully an update for Open CMA.

1. JMQMOfficials’s avatar

1 :D

1. Ukdna’s avatar

1 what? First in line Black Friday at the lose my virginity store?

1. AyeGuy’s avatar

That insult was terrible

1. Different55’s avatar

^this.
            If you’re going to insult the firstnubs, do it good or not at all.

2. Keyblade Spirit’s avatar

Not possible. I’ve been first in line there for weeks.

2. JMQMOfficials’s avatar

Hotmail 2.00 won’t work on the incoming btw :S Works on the outcoming!

1. Jd8531’s avatar

Yea, looks to be very unstable from what im hearing

1. huesos_96’s avatar

for hotmail their servers are
        pop3.live.com
        and
        smpt.live.com

3. Poec’s avatar

I missed all exploits, so I’m updating, ain’t even mad lol
    I live in Mexico and update 2.0 is available.

4. JMQMOfficials’s avatar

NVM Got them working :D

5. JMQMOfficials’s avatar

It takes a while to get the incoming :S Tweet feature doesn’t work well, won’t let me sign in with my email or my username.

6. Ukdna’s avatar

I always wondered why they never attacked open CMA, seems like the weak link, no doubt

7. MousE0910’s avatar

Just now, I tried accessing the PS Store but couldn’t – the update is forced.
    I repeat, as of now, THE UPDATE IS FORCED!

1. Jd8531’s avatar

What region are you? I am still able to get in.

1. SofaKing™’s avatar

FORCED UPDATE in CANADA too!

1. cosvel’s avatar

Forced update on spain too..

8. The Budds’s avatar

They might have re-written the psp emulator, when I first checked to see if eCFW was blocked…I got a message that popped up is as if I used it for the first time.

1. wololo’s avatar

Sounds like too much hassle for the psp emulator, which they don’t really care about… I don’t think they would rewrite it “entirely”

2. Jd8531’s avatar

Their teams are mostly Vita oriented anyways imo.

1. The Budds’s avatar

Now has some weird option to have the vita delete stuff that a psp game might save.

9. razor’s avatar

I’m on the update menu right now.
    To update or not to update is the question.

10. Qaisar rehman’s avatar

its force update! I tried to access the PSN on vita! its asking for update! US! :\ Damn! not updating!!

11. AshTerra’s avatar

OMG im an hour too late!! can’t buy Monster hunter on my 1.81 anymore.. PSN ****blocked me with the stupid update! How am I gonna do the exploit for the game now??

1. Jd8531’s avatar

Monster hunter doesnt work on 1.81 anyways btw

12. hard_boy’s avatar

Update is available in Italy whit the online game of Everybodys Golf (lobby mode).

13. Mr MaGoo’s avatar

Ok so I updated thinking I would check out ps+ and do not see an option on psn store any where. It looks exactly as it did before

1. Jd8531’s avatar

PS plus on the store should be coming when the ps store gets updated which is usually Tuesday or Wednesday.

1. Mr MaGoo’s avatar

Cool beans, that is what im looking forward to.

2. Mr MaGoo’s avatar

On a side note, the browser is extremely fast and definitely does wonders to bridge the gap between the vita and a tablet. On playstation.com it states that you have to download the games via the ps3 store.

14. kevin roger’s avatar

calm down people the store looks exactly as before cuz sony still dont update the store .wait till tomorrow

15. razor’s avatar

I won’t update till there’s an OpenCMA for v2.0
    Don’t want to be connected to the internet when transferring files to my Vita. X(

16. itsMeMimi’s avatar

what FW 2.00 have glitch? hmmmm not to update yet…i will stay 1.81…hehe

1. kevin’s avatar

2.00 dont have any glitch

17. wartaf’s avatar

its a relief to have party and the friends apps! sony should not be harsh about requiring it on 2.0

also the trophies!

18. richard_sampana’s avatar

Force download here in philippines.I dunno if ill go with ofw 2.0 or not?

19. Maxilus’s avatar

Hey.. Lucky me.. I still can access PSN store even 2.00 has released. Im still on 1.81. Wee~ :)

20. ogogo’s avatar

Same here in EU forced to download cant access anymore
    PSN >.< MEH CRY ,!, FU SONY

21. Jose’s avatar

It’s forced now for me, I’m in the U.S.

22. SpikyHairedFreak’s avatar

The update is indeed now forced : P

23. Moi’s avatar

High time to go out and grab a crystal Assasins’s Creed bundle, given the news.

24. Josh’s avatar

Confirmed to be forced in US

25. Skars’s avatar

It is force, I’m on 1.81 and can’t access PSN without system update.

1. youbadboy’s avatar

That’s funny because i downloaded a couple of add-ons only yesterday and i’m still on 1.81. You must be doing something wrong, or not doing the right thing. Either way

26. Hellinferno’s avatar

I wonder why they block Open CMA,what happen if we dont have a ps3 or a pc but without internet?.Its stupid i was using that because my internet sucks as hell 1mb imagine that,they want to see what videos or music we are uploading to our consoles?.

27. rep’s avatar

i know this may have already been answered somewhere but i cant seem to find a straight one. this is my question, i run 1.81 and tn-c with open CMA, can i still use my vita like i have been ? copying my ISO/CSO collection to vita via open CMA? copying my mp3s and mp4s to vita via open CMA. if the update isnt forced then i should be running ok and not worry about it right? i just dont want to accidently update, which stops my eCFW and my psp collection being playable. i sold my psp cause of the vita i got but i have copies of all my games and its awesome that i can still play them. but i dont want to accidently mess everything up. thanks for your time.

1. Jd8531’s avatar

Your fine, everything will work as usual. Nothing to worry about :)

1. rep’s avatar

thanks so much and for the quick response. you may not be wololo, but u da man!

28. carsauce’s avatar

Is this forced or what??! IF i buy a new game Persona 4 Golden is it forced update?

1. Jd8531’s avatar

Right now it has become a forced update. Persona 4 will not require an update unless using online features.

29. carsauce’s avatar

Yes confimed, did not update and Persona can be played offline=)

30. keyz16b’s avatar

It looks like Sony flipped the switch and made 2.0 firmware a mandatory update (for US customers). I’m running 1.81 firmware with the MBA game exploit. I just turned on my PSV to get on PSN and got the update message in order to proceed. Same message popped up when I tried playing COD: Black Ops -Declassified online. This was done Nov. 21, 2012 @ 1240p EST.

31. optimus’s avatar

i have NOT updated my vita to 2.0 FW but i cannot open CMA or use psn on my vita what do i do

Please Help

32. klyde blind’s avatar

my ps vita v2.0 works on opencma r3. 1st i updated my OFW to 2.0, then i downloaded latest version of cma. after that i connected my ps vita to the cma then run the patch, then i had to uninstall my cma, then i deleted the remaining patched files on the root folder of cma and install again the cma and to my surprise opencma works for my vita v2.0. this not a joke just try it.