SKFU got his hands on a Vita devkit…says it has vulnerabilities that could help hacking it

1. MikeBeav3r says:

First :p

Nice work on getting it though, looking forward to more info 🙂

2. Konrad says:

without reading this blog….

… what hacks did come ever out with the help of skfu???!
    this guy sucks

• wololo says:

Yeah… SKFU is a nice fellow with apparently lots of connections, but I must admit I’m having a hard time finding any time he’s done a major contribution to the PS3 or Vita scene. We’ll see, I guess 🙂

• SuperiorKnightZ says:

It’s people like you that makes people like SKFU quit the ps scene. If you don’t like what you see or read then don’t leave a comment. Have some respect for this guy who takes time from his life to help out most of the immature little children like you who just don’t really care how hard it is to do this. There are other people like wololo who care and give attention to his work. Anyways keep on going SKFU and thank you wololo for the update.

3. MikeBeav3r says:

Perhaps the reason he want’s to sell it now is that he has found a way to convert a standard Vita into a dev unit, and wants to get some money for it before it becomes worthless?

4. Danger says:

Man im waiting for this *** cuz ive missed every freaking exploit

5. wartaf says:

for sure i am ready for it!! btw, SKFU only gonna sell the license or the Vita unit only?

6. diceaurora says:

I am ready for an exploit, but do you think sony may stop making games for the vita if that exploit is ever released?

• Medu says:

ieap, how is it going to leave the console alone

• Jd8531 says:

Highly unlikely, they’re still making psp games and that’s been exploited and hacked to no ends.

• oreo says:

No they signed a 10 year agreement saying that they will support the Vita for at least the next 10 years.

• Loketar says:

That agreement being signed to whom? Themselves? After all it’s their console, their software, their hardware, if they wished they could say today you know what we can’t be arsed with the Vita anymore, let’s ditch it. No-one on the face of the planet could change a thing.

7. lonton16 says:

Alot smaller than the original. Any one want to get the ps vita slim beforehand can buy it, lol

8. N0TR0LL says:

9. Snipe says:

I wonder what dev kits do. If he’s able to do signed games and whatnot, is it possible he can sign homebrew or try out homebrews on his dev kit Vita?

10. BATMAN says:

11. idontknow says:

most likely he has a means to run unsigned self on retail vita 😀

12. mlamont30 says:

This is great news. I only hope we can have a v hack by xmas.

13. Fickfackerei says:

14. ASH says:

Where can you purchase one of these units from?

15. Maxilus says:

Yes.. This is what I want to see.. Congrats bro. Hope to see more news regards on this.

16. CJW says:

My hope is something like a rap2rid process for Vita. I think CFW firmware on the ps3 with oCMa feature coud lead to good things. So you downlooad a vita as a pkg file then use a ps3 app to sign it then tranfer to vita thru a ps3 oCMA. Dont know if this woukd be a path but it woukd be cool.

17. Keyblade Spirit says:

Is it just me, or does the dev Vita actually look a little cooler than the retail model? I’m loving those black buttons on top instead of the silver colored ones.

18. gr8n00d1e says:

yap!I can’t wait!

19. joseph says:

hey skfu its me joey from ps3hax i used to be a mod on there
    we talked a couple a times back in the psp hacking days i dont know if you remember me but any way i hope you did find a exploite in the vita that would be great news dont listen to the people saying you never gave nothing good to the ps3 seen or psp scene thats bs if you did find something you will be praised by alot of people even the ones that said you never gave anything good to the scene i guess some people dont know what it takes to find exploites these days
    good luck man and thanks for all your work

20. duran says:

Mi brother is seeing vita cfw soon the true cfw,i am wating for that and mi brother who is in the hospital too.

21. skfu says:

@joseph never heard of you an secondly i dont think i would talk to anyone with a stupid name as joseph so you must be drunk thinking you have a talk with me.

• n1nurt4 says:

As I highly doubt someone who is involved in the scene and has a basic level of intelligence would be a complete a-hole to someone he’s apparently never heard of, I would suggest that you don’t impersonate other people. Anonymity is your friend, but it’s not a free pass to be a little sh*t. Poser.

22. michael says:

i cant wait cfw for my ps vita

23. joseph says:

skfu wow are you for real i was a mod on ps3hax
    i use to talk to you this was years ago i congrat you and you disrepect me wow *** you then people are right you never gave anything good to the scene to talk about

24. joseph says:

thank you wololo sorry in that case i should have known better he wouldnt have acted like that

25. jlo138 says:

He’s selling it either because it no longer serves his purpose as he got what he wants out of it. Or because he doesn’t want to deal with possible repercussions from Sony. I mean keep your eyes open, but don’t get to excited yet as nothing is definite nor guaranteed at this time. That’s what I think. Either way, progress has been made.

26. skfu says:

@jlo138 you have nothing to worry about i am working on it.

27. Dario says:

Very nice job! Keep it up! I am ready for a Vita hack. 😉

28. andrea82it says:

a vita hack is good… but only if is oriented to homebrew and not for run illegal copy of any ps vita game.
    if someone is capable to make a hack without psv iso reader i tell yes to the hack of psv.

29. luis67 says:

skfu if you would like to tell us to update or not to 2.00 ofw?

30. WHOwantsPIZZA says:

Amazing how the dev kit happens to have features most vita owners would like such as a HDMI port and the LED’s sony *** you ya overpricing cheapskate ***!

31. Darton Staker says:

Lol if it is possible to recreate dev firmware on any vita I think the world as we know it could flip on its head. I would love to see this happen, since I heard of the dev kits capabilities I’ve said that it should be used for vita since Sony doesn’t incorporate it to begin with! Cloud gaming, developing, free games, etc etc. this I hope will progress and those knocking SKFU you might just burn one day.

• gunblade says:

i think the usb for the dev is just used to excess to the memory card like the psp were u can just copy to the memory card as from a folder on ur computer. idk wy the dev vita need hdmi out unless is for checking graphic on 720 or sumthing since the psp go the wire used for video out was the same port as the psp usb n charger port… wandering is it to check the remote play on the ps3 systems.. cuz was think can video out the thing right in to the vita unless is jus on out port n not one in port but is hdmi…

32. neverthewiseone says:

man, it’s great if the ps vita get’s hacked, i’ll be able to unlock it’s simcard and use it but I’m also having 2nd thoughts about it. would this really cause fewer games to be released by game developers or ported games from japan? because of fewer people going legit? i guess it’s way to early in my opinion.

33. kosuke says:

lol wish mine had an hdmi port

34. vicsidious says:

I’d kill a hobo for a dev vita!

35. geniushzw says:

That’s amazing!Looking forward for more information.

36. About7fish says:

Can’t wait to see where this goes! eCFW is nice and all, but native Vita cfw would open homebrew up to a whole new world of possibilities!

37. Foleyfactor says:

Did @Skfu get this dev vita from donations and now he is trying to sell it already? pretty poor on the users that donated towards it in my opinion, unless he is ready to share something big!

• gunblade says:

think they released sumwat wat he found out ..think said found the internal memory were the vita store the internal apps n stuff wich from what seems like nice that they have uvl.. but its just the paths that i seen… but i think the game card install are keep in the same location..

38. hammer says:

SKFU I say *** . This guy solicits money for a dev kit, to help the scene by finding exploits. Well he got the dev kit and says there are exploits in it, but for some reason he wants to sell it.
    sounds to me like he got the dev kit, found out its useless for exploits and now wants to make a buck.If it really is useful then he should be selling it to wololo and friends,for whatever he had to pay out of pocket for it (the money that was donated for the kit,was to find exploits not fatten his wallet)

I say shame on SKFU and good like getting donations in the future

• hammer says:

lol like =luck

• Byatsuke says:

What are you fussing about? it’s none of your problem.

1st and foremost, it’s his decision, he bought it and therefore he can do what he wants.

If you are so wanting to help the hacking community, do it urself. Otherwise, see things as it is and remember that they are doing it on their freewill.

• hammer says:

I do help ,like donating for a dev kit that SKFU is now selling.
        and he didn’t buy it we the people who donated bought it.

• hammer says:

1st and foremost SKFU didn’t buy it we the people who donated bought it
        2nd I’m not a dev but I do help the community by donating $ when I can

ps I would never rag on a dev for not releasing something or taking too long to release or scrapping promised projects ,but when you beg the community for money to buy a dev kit then turn around and sell it, that just shady

• n1nurt4 says:

2nd that. However perhaps he is merely tested the waters for people who would use the dev kit for monetary gain, i.e. the bad pirates.

39. §☺§ says:

How in the world did he Get the DEVKIT?!?!?