SKFU got his hands on a Vita devkit…says it has vulnerabilities that could help hacking it

Jd8531

Blogger/ Amateur Journalist. Indie Developer. Hacking and console security. Follow me on Twitter.

You may also like...

1. skfu says:

Hello guys, i have a revelation to tell you all. First, i am sorry to offend the donators who helped me get a dev. Kit. All of your efforts have not gone to waste as i have successfully hacked the psvita and run a cfw on it. As much as i want to release it in public, we are facing a huge problem, the 2.0 update that will be released on the 19th. It would not be ideal to release the cfw as of now for 2 reasons. #1 vita cfw isn’t stable as of now. Some games dosen’t run on the vita cfw and crashes randomly
    #2 if i release the vita now, all work will go to waste as sony will definitely patch and fix this exploit. Please be patient guys, a cfw for vita will come sooner or later.

2. fpstps says:

Go download all the old AR games and keep them safe

3. stfb1055 says:

I would like to see ps vita hack a working one… All i wanted to get cheats for vita games. Keep up the good work!! :)

4. Felixbxb says:

I have hacked the vita , send donations to release.

5. ZeKatembe says:

xeueeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee im going to buy a vita now if felix just hacked the vita =D

6. Bobby Harrell says:

I want it but not for hacking, I would use it for legit developing :-), $1900 is a bit steep for a test device though. I wish Sony would make a Dev SDK that was more affordable but you could use your personal Vita with, (not the mobile suite ***)

7. Laserking7 says:

Actually, it’s not $1900, it’s closer to $2600 USD after conversion. I looked into buying it myself, but who has $2600 just lying around for a gaming device lol. We can only hope the unused port will be for video out, or that the next Vita will have a standard miniHDMI or something.
    Anyways, keep it up SKFU! Take all the time you need to make a polished product!

8. engineer says:

Did anyone try to braze a hdmi or usb solder terminal to the consumer vita? Do you think it will be recognized without a modified firmware?

9. wololo says:

Not the real skfu, dont trust just based on nickname.

10. skfu says:

stop encouraging joseph to post more stupid comments its abvious he is lying and yes im the real deal sorry joseph no happy ending.

11. >_> says:

abvious? ABVIOUS??? Wrong vowel there slappy. Learn how to spell if you’re going to impersonate someone, and insult others.

12. gunblade says:

think his spell check not working..

13. wololo says:

Please stay polite next time, so I don’t have to salvage your message from the spam folder, I won’t do it again :)

14. wraddek says:

If you don’t like homebrew than why are you on this site?? …idiot. GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR PROGRESS SKFU!

15. solala says:

agreed agreed agreed

everyone who was there at the start of the ps3 hacks knows that

16. gunblade says:

and i wana add a hard drive n 3d camera n a subwofer to my vita…

17. M_ELITE says:

I would like to add a 12mp cell phone camera and a micro sd card slot to my Vita think it’s possible?

18. gunblade says:

cuz they was probly going have compasit cables like they did the psp go

19. Jd8531 says:

I think they did, there’s another port on the top right of the Vita under the flap. They’ve never confirmed what it actually does but I’m pretty sure that’s a special video out cable that Sony hasn’t used yet.

20. Aces says:

if you can find a way, good luck to you.
    if that was sarcasm, you failed.

1. November 18, 2012

[…] […]

2. November 18, 2012

[…] more here: SKFU got his hands on a Vita devkit…says it has vulnerabilities that … var hupso_services_t=new Array("Twitter","Facebook","Google […]

3. November 19, 2012

[…] Wololo Gostou desse artigo? Então assine nosso feed RSS e fique por dentro de todas as novidades. Se […]

4. February 12, 2013

[…] Whats important to note however is some of its inherent similarities to the Dev Kit Vita that we’ve seen […]

5. February 13, 2013