SKFU got his hands on a Vita devkit…says it has vulnerabilities that could help hacking it

Jd8531

Blogger/ Amateur Journalist. Indie Developer. Hacking and console security. Follow me on Twitter.

You may also like...

1. Squiggs says:

I want one, I might start saving money and raise some money to get one, because I have the know how but not what I need to start developing and that would be a great lea
    p forward.

2. Mr-Shizzy says:

FOR THE RECORD:

SKFU led the way in PSP xmb hacking and was the first to release a POC that allowed the XMB icons to be changed. Eventually that ended up leading to ZiNgA BuRgA releasing rcoMage which led to animated PSP themes. And honestly, PSP themes are a large part of what kept the scene going so strong for so long. So ppl need to get their facts straight before making outrageous insults to this guy ;)

3. power_bi says:

I’ve seen it before, probably
    because I have devVita at work =D
    but that one is slimer then ours =`
    maybe ps vita slim is coming.

• iownaBLACKVITA says:

Where do you work @ power bi

• DeadPixel99 says:

If he’s under contact he isn’t at liberty to say unless he want’s his ass handed to him. For the last ten years i worked for Nintendo but i can only say now that i did ( when it comes to being on hacking , homebrew sites i mean). I was recently offered a job at Sandlot and as soon as i sign that contract i will no longer be able to say that i do, especially if i continue to contribute to hb scenes.

• gunblade says:

yea it does seems slimmer then the normal version but i thought i herd that the dev kits dident have the game port idk… i want one vita dev now starthing to get sdk working..would be fun. n wats with sony nasne waithing for a american realse so i can get uniktone for the vita…

4. auron says:

this is great I hope to see a full CFW on the vita on full access on psp and vita sections on the system.

5. kanemack says:

sonys gonna be pissed

6. skfu says:

Hello guys, i have a revelation to tell you all. First, i am sorry to offend the donators who helped me get a dev. Kit. All of your efforts have not gone to waste as i have successfully hacked the psvita and run a cfw on it. As much as i want to release it in public, we are facing a huge problem, the 2.0 update that will be released on the 19th. It would not be ideal to release the cfw as of now for 2 reasons. #1 vita cfw isn’t stable as of now. Some games dosen’t run on the vita cfw and crashes randomly
    #2 if i release the vita now, all work will go to waste as sony will definitely patch and fix this exploit. Please be patient guys, a cfw for vita will come sooner or later.

7. fpstps says:

Go download all the old AR games and keep them safe

8. Chris says:

You lot are fucking scum. Can you not just be happy with the machine Sony provided? It’s a great device and doesn’t need fucking up by you bunch of cunts.

9. stfb1055 says:

I would like to see ps vita hack a working one… All i wanted to get cheats for vita games. Keep up the good work!! :)

10. bigjoe says:

Holy sh!t !! so the dev kit is basically a future PS Vita Slim. Why the hell Sony didnt provided a HDMI port for retail too?

• gunblade says:

cuz they was probly going have compasit cables like they did the psp go

• Jd8531 says:

I think they did, there’s another port on the top right of the Vita under the flap. They’ve never confirmed what it actually does but I’m pretty sure that’s a special video out cable that Sony hasn’t used yet.

11. Felixbxb says:

I have hacked the vita , send donations to release.

12. ZeKatembe says:

xeueeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee im going to buy a vita now if felix just hacked the vita =D

13. Bobby Harrell says:

I want it but not for hacking, I would use it for legit developing :-), $1900 is a bit steep for a test device though. I wish Sony would make a Dev SDK that was more affordable but you could use your personal Vita with, (not the mobile suite crap)

14. Laserking7 says:

Actually, it’s not $1900, it’s closer to $2600 USD after conversion. I looked into buying it myself, but who has $2600 just lying around for a gaming device lol. We can only hope the unused port will be for video out, or that the next Vita will have a standard miniHDMI or something.
    Anyways, keep it up SKFU! Take all the time you need to make a polished product!

15. engineer says:

Did anyone try to braze a hdmi or usb solder terminal to the consumer vita? Do you think it will be recognized without a modified firmware?

16. Heya i’m for the primary time here. I found this board and
    I in finding It really helpful & it helped me out a lot. I am hoping to present
    one thing back and help others like you aided
    me.

1. November 18, 2012

[...] [...]

2. November 18, 2012

[...] more here: SKFU got his hands on a Vita devkit…says it has vulnerabilities that … var hupso_services_t=new Array("Twitter","Facebook","Google [...]

3. November 19, 2012

[...] Wololo Gostou desse artigo? Então assine nosso feed RSS e fique por dentro de todas as novidades. Se [...]

4. February 12, 2013

[...] Whats important to note however is some of its inherent similarities to the Dev Kit Vita that we’ve seen [...]

5. February 13, 2013