Ps1 games and hacking the Vita: Why it won’t work

I like beer.

You may also like...

1. criticalmass says:

2. tracer22jhayahr says:

aw.. First?

3. JmqmOfficials says:

Raise your hand if you care. You don’t see anybody raising their hands up.

4. Jd8531 says:

Psone games run in the psp emulator on the Vita too

5. najmico says:

today i have gain some knowledge

6. GouRuft says:

Why not find exploits in vita games ?

• FZFalzar says:

If it were that easy, the vita would have been hacked to bits by now :>

• Aces says:

its not that easy, with psp we have psplink and pspsh for crash dumps, the only such way for vita is for hardware to take crash dumps, aaaand vita saves are encrypted, and need to be decrypted before changes can be made to the file, and reencrypted again before its loaded and the crash analysed, then it has to be reinjected using a modified content manager.
      because the psp had 1.00 security problems and 1.50 Kexploit, crash exploits were able to be taken very early and GTA liberty was born.
      just look for vita game exploits is not that easy when you look at whats actually needed

7. yo esperare a que tengan un VHBL corriendo sin tener que usar algun juego , como paso con el demo de patapon en la psp, seria mas facil asi como ahora existen CFW para psp sin tener que usar un demo o juego, y claro que para eso falta tiempo, pero confio plenamente en el trabajo e inspiracion que wololo pone para que pronto sea posible su desarrollo y explotar al maximo la Vita, saludos ….

8. Thecoldest1 says:

Nice job explaining that you rock Acid_Snake

9. Gerry says:

Acid snake you are a legend man thanks for the info respect and kudus to you

10. Mr MaGoo says:

Thank you acid_snake for your incites. However disappointing, its better than trying and spending countless hrs and $ for something that wont help.

11. HaHussle says:

Nice Explination

12. Nemesis`Q says:

How bout the one that plays PS2 games? I think the link to youtube was posted from CB asia version release comment section. please enlightened me :)

13. mypengpengli says:

I hpoe PS1 GAME

14. soad26 says:

good article acid_snake. good read :)

15. NEO says:

I’ve kissed the PS vita hackiing goodbye, last night i got rid of my ecfw , formatted my vita’s memory card and bought new games, i just didn’t see the point of going backward, playing psp vita on the vita somehow look out dated, i’m happy with my choice and i’m looking forward to Black ops declassified, yeahhhh!!!!,

• criticalmass says:

yeah look forward to your one quality title every 3 months or so. Why would you ever do this? if you really want a game why not just buy the physical copy? The only thing I miss is Hot Shots online play, and I’m sure LBP online is sweet too, but not as sweet as emulators and home brews. I guess congrats, but I hope you don’t regret your choice, if this is a legit comment.

• why? says:

Why not both, I play new games and eCFW, I didn’t understand there was a conflict.

16. Minimur says:

okay, but why doesnt the ps1 emulator have sound?

• Acid_Snake says:

because pops (the ps1 emulator for psp) used the Media Engine (the psp second CPU) to emulate sound, and the Vita does not emulate the Media Engine.

17. quetz says:

thanks for the post, now i understood..
    beside, any news about PS1 games into TNCFW?
    there’s a lot i want to play again on PS1..

18. jamesssss says:

Stupid question…

I know that it is pretty useless to hack the PS1 because it has such little resource available to it BUT as we can’t use the PSP eCFW with the PS1 due to the media engine not being emulated, can we not blow open the PS1 emulator and then use that in a similar way we do a PSP game.

I know we won’t get more resources but do we need more resources? you could have 1 game for PSP based games like we have now and 1 for PS1 with a very basic game loader for PS1 games only then we get the best of both.

Or am I missing something stupid here!

• Acid_Snake says:

Like I said, the ps1 emulator has no control over what disc is “inserted”, the vita OS does that, so the other option would be loading the game through memory card, which is impossible (you can’t fit 700mb in 128kb)

• jamesssss says:

Gotcha I misunderstood that bit! damn shame that we have no control over that drive to load an ISO.

I bought the PS1 games I like to play anyway and just loaded them on my Vita so no big loss for me.

For some reason when I play SNES and Megadrive I don’t find the graphics offensive but for some reason I find the PS1 game graphics quite jarring nowadays. Maybe I just prefer 16 bit classics :)

19. Ali says:

Hey wololo can we hack the vita with PlayStation Mobile games?

20. huz says:

333mhz won’t “seplugins pops.txt” psx for ps vhbl
    might that ps1 emulator tekken.bin test slow? for ps vhbl

21. Gerry says:

Any psp emu for ps3?

• Acid_Snake says:

it already exists, but sony has restricted it to minis only (most likely because a psp game o a big screen would look horrible)

22. tehe loulzy says:

I guess we have no other option than to release UVL RIGHT, I MEAN EVEN THE PSP KERNEL HACKS ARE USELESS SINCE THERE IS LIMITED PSP GAMES AND HOWEVER DOESN’T EVEN WORK FULL SPEED TO ADD TO THAT IT LOOKS LIKE crepe ON THE PSP EMU BECAUSE OF THE RESOLUTION BEING LOCKED AT 472X240 :( WE NEED UVL PLEASE YIFANLU WE NEED IT TO TRULY UNLOCK THE VITA, BETTER HOMEBREW, FASTER SPEEDS, FASTER EMULATORS, FULL VITA NATIVE RESOLUTION AT 960X544 (EVEN IN PSP GAMES!) ,

23. Darenvy says:

I would like to see an exploit for the PS1 and have it be just something simple like PONG. Then see if sony blocks it for kicks haha.

24. g00fy says:

Hmm, sounds challenging! a PS1 homebrew, loaded via an exploit in a PS1 game, stored on a PS1 memory card… reminds me in 64k demo scene :-D
    but as said: there is no real use of this…

25. gunblade says:

what about the disk them self .. cd wise that still 750 n i think i remeber sony use to add like data loads to the cd so they load faster or sumthing. still sumwork though. ps1 to ps.p/p.s vi.ta . the digitals seems not to have most of that….

• gunblade says:

but i guess i see why still hard for homebew on the ps1 why i wonder on the game shark ofr the ps1 becuz i once played final fantasy tactics with gamshark yeah sum werd disk changing thing but not to much gamecheats for the ps1. but still i guess homebrew would load better onther games.. but the psp saposed to be the ps2 potable. why game like gtA n god of war came out first run for the system.(ps2 final fantasy online,everqest, nice on the vita?maybe.)…..(end note)ooh i if i remeber the ps1 had a adapter that lets u play certain game with for players it also add an extra two memory card but the memroy space was still small at the time..

26. Messi says:

Para cuando los juegos gratis de vita?

27. Ps vita owner says:

Doesn’t the vita use the psp mode for the ps1 games? I have 10 different ps1 games on my vita via my old psn acc and im kinda sure they use the psp mode. I can be wrong but why wouldnt it when the psp have am excellent psx emu?