eCFW TN-C Coming soon

I write about news, tech and other interesting things. Follow me on Twitter.

You may also like...

1. Saul says:

This is great news 😀

2. Choppa says:

3. Brady says:

This is awesome!!!

4. chingon says:

Just what I’ve been w8ting 4…

5. NakedFaerie says:

Great to hear the Vita scene has someone willing to release things and keep working on them too. Awesome work TN :)

• wololo says:

Not to sound arrogant or anything, but TN is not the only one who’s been providing for the Vita scene. I guess I don’t like your choice of word “someone” which seems to imply he’s the only one who’s driving the vita scene.

VHBL was built upon HBL, and the improvements came from myself, TheCobra, Acid_Snake, Teck4, Neur0n, JJS, wth
      yMenu is the best menu for both VHBL and TN’s CEF, it was made by wth.
      We’ve released many user mode exploits since the Vita was released. Exploits from Teck4, wth, TheCobra, Neur0n, xerpi, Frostegater,…. CEF would not run without those.
      The FTP Server was made by Coldbird, OpenCMA was done by Virtuous Flame.

Not to mention the people who indirectly contributed to all these tools and might (or might not) want to be named here.

It’s easy to forget the amount of people who willingly gave their free time and released stuff without asking for anything in exchange, but your choice of words feels inappropriate here :)

• Domingo says:

Nicely said wololo

• Ross Aus says:

Wololo as i stated previously, i don’t usually write on forums but i have to say, you really do a great job.

Firstly your website is the first to post any updates relating to any exploit news regarding PSVITA department.

Secondly as you stated you are one of the helping people to achieve these goals.

Keep doing your great job, i am sure people such as my self are very thankful to you and others who are involved.

• Mr MaGoo says:

Wololo, deffinately was probably misspoken. We all appreciate everything that you have done together community. If it werent for you, we would never have seen countless vhbl on every firmware update. Thanks go to everyone involved in creating a community that has a future. I just picked up a second one (traded a console) so that I can still support the developers and enjoy my owned psp iso’s. I definitely think I am going to contact tn to see if I can help in any way. This will have to wait till tomorrow as I have to get up for work in less than 4 hrs. O the joys of adultoum 😛

• StepS says:

the VitaFTP looks very similar to psp-ftpd, except it freezes on Vita due to maybe emulator specifics (or the “Free size” bug).
        Coldbird most likely modified and improved it to work on PSP emulator on Vita.

6. Dovlek says:

Keep up with the updates JD8531
    And TN keep it up!!!!! Thankz for your hard work!

7. IgnusArmagadan says:

Not sure if the screenshot was just put together or what, but does this mean that eCFW TN-C is going to actually be on the Vita side? If so, heck YEAH! If not, not AS exciting but still patiently waiting for this even better version of an already awesome thing!!

8. owanef says:

So this is actual vita cfw or is it just another psp emulator exploit

9. dhai says:

but where is the HK ver for GC?

10. Bdubsrocks says:

this is going to be fun. cant wait to get my hands on this

11. owanef says:

So this is actual vita cfw or is it just another psp emulator exploit. REPLY PLEASE

12. wartaf says:

how could i become a tester?

13. V says:

TN, you’ve always been successfull but today you’ve successfully join the footpath of your guru DA. Thanks for making it happen.

14. darsien says:

I have 1.81 u.u

15. KING says:

Asia version also want to enjoy ..Please!

16. huz says:

ps vhbl gravity crash 1.81? with TN-C might

17. garrei says:

I hope he got PSX sound working :)

18. Spring_yan says:

This is a good news!

19. speedbump says:

would a corrupted iso be like when castlevania dracula x chronicles crashes once symphony of the night is picked?

20. speedbump says:

great news by the way

21. traveller says:

Anybody know what the “corrupted iso issues” means? Game compatibility problems, or issues in the launcher itself?

I noticed today that Venus & Braves (JPN) has corrupted audio (movie after start, and voices) but not sure if that’s what TN is asking for info about.

22. fresno says:

Good news, thank you Wololo and good work TN.

23. joeng says:

I wonder what tn-c will provide :) pretty excited..awesome work guys!

24. Dilan P says:

I am on the Gravity Crash exploit and I love it but after transferring the SBK 07 CSO it wouldn’t show up. I haven’t tried the ISO yet so bear with me! But THANK YOU ALL

25. Eddie says:

Off topic….hi wololo i just want to ask if this totalnoob is the same person who release the psp hen back in 2010? I thought playing psp back game is not his will? Did he change up his mind?….anyways this is so cool…planning to buy vita next week

26. Leires says:

I wonder what FW my vita will be..Won’t know for a few days, and by then he’ll probably have all he needs for testers but you never know! Also, come onnnn sony, give me just a few more days!

27. jlove19 says:

can someone tell me is this a proper lcfw or is it a sandboxed psp

28. Eddie says:

Thanks wololo for quick feedback…..i just hope new games for vita is coming…..this scene is what makes sony products so cool….

29. buena noticia mejorar la carga de isos ps mas no un custom only picture is moded

30. XxtheeliminatorxX says:

31. XxtheeliminatorxX says:

• Mr MaGoo says:

Easiest way is to install the ftp client and use that. if I am not mistaking, u need to have each iso listed as 8 letters cap’d with .ISO at the end (will not show ). I had the same issue, I opened my ftp client and browsed to the specific folder. From there u can rename the extention. Hope this helps.

32. mangosteam says:

WEll my only corrupted issue is one’s you made a mistake on copying an iso the temp files doesnt show up so i dont know where to delete it and it eats up my memory and it also doesnt show up on ftp or pspfiler but at least not break my tn menu still playable so i guess ill just ignore the 1 gig plus memory that is missing lol for now and wait for the new tn c and again tnx for all the staff of wololo and all the devs thats is behind it your all great tnx.

33. kash says:

So let me get this straight, this is basically another Pspemulator, to be run onthe gravitycrash exploit? Or is this for a new exploit coming soon?

34. Sam says:

good News ^^

35. steveothekilla says:

36. Zyphs says:

Too bad i’m on the 1.81 update :/
    But i can always wait if it gets updated to the newer updates :)

37. Tonakai says:

Awesome! Thanks for the update JD. Looking forward to it! 😀

38. quetz says:

GREAT NEWS ;))

39. Simk0024 says:

But, so far is there any CFW for GC Asia?

40. Byatsuke says:

If you guys are about to release another exploit, I say you guys should wait till the next update.

There already has been 4 freaking exploit on this firmware.

41. Gamer says:

@wololo hey man could you or anyone else tell me if this is a sandboxes psp or a proper cfw/lcfw for the psvita could someone please reply

42. xentar says:

It’s still TN’s eCFW version C; the e is for emulator so it is within the psp emu.

If any devs do/have found a way to access vita functions outside of the emulator I doubt it will be released any time soon. As far as I can tell all contributing devs are against piracy and most certainly against hurting this struggling console any more.

43. rdlfo says:

just want another xploit please… i corrupt gravity crash and i cant play anymore :S

• CJW says:

Why on earth didn’t you back it up to your PC with oCMA before you started messing arround with it?

It is pretty simple, get the expliot game, backup to PC with oCMA, make a copy of your oCMA files to another HD or mem stick and then if anything goes wrong you can always restore…..taking just a few minutes of precaution goes a long way when hacking/modding stuff!

44. c-zero says:

Wow that was fast. Anyway, does this mean that I can upgrade directly from 1.81 OFW, or will I need to install TnB first and then upgrade? If so, will the new exploit work with TnB? I missed the last exploit because of a simple mistake, so I am not missing this one!

45. Okasen says:

Has there been any progress or attempts towards a native vita hack?
    I know there is work being done on the psm, but that’s just inside another box.

Either way, great job to all that have been putting countless hours into what we have thus far all I can say is Thank You, but we all know you deserve much mord than that.

46. marjowikid says:

soooo hum will this be using the same psp emulator to run the exploits or is this going to be an actual vita exploit?

47. ramenking says:

hey wololo you think with this update we will just need to install it from expolitable game then we can use his menu from home screen or you think it will be the same as before and have to load a save file to get to the menu. if you know i know its still early but curious lol anyway thank tn for giving me the chance to play my hombrew/backup and wololo for vblh and keeping us uptodate big props 2 you both

48. MajorSnipes says:

Btw, can the psp emulator on the vita use the Prometheus online stuff to play games like MHFU etc.?

49. deniz says:

looking forward to tn-C
    Hoping for some cool features:)

50. Darton Staker says:

A fake XMB menu would be awesome. But then again I’m not complaining!!! Haha awesome news! Looking forward to it, hope it patches bugs and compatibility issues

51. Yes says:

Very nice good work man

52. YcO96Ps says:

Great news 😀
    Looking forward to it!

53. knarlockk says:

The Vita, even in psp mode sorely needs some more brightness. I can’t play it for very long without getting eye fatigue.

54. kosuke says:

i would like to be a tester even though im on 1.81 cause i would like to test a few things the bug up the menu personally and some games that didnt work for me

55. Linkedot says:

Apreciate Your work (Hobby||developping) for the Psvita, This is what makes the Scene Alive and also the most creative NINJA Concept and News update and much more things i didn’t mention in the Wololo/Talk ! you guys rock… a BiG Community is being Formed Here 😀 Thanks a lot !

56. daniel says:

well, im an ordinary customer of sony ps vita, and discover this webpage and wololo`s vita scene, because this, i dont have too much to say, just appreciate your work on the vita, and wish the best luck to you, because this work open the eyes of the programmers to understand, the important that this forum could be for the rest of the company, world, comunity, keep on dude.

57. Trunk208 says:

Okay, so this is a Custom FIrmware right? If it is, then If I install it into my PSP then wouldn’t my PSP ISO’s and Homebrew be gone?

• Roland says:

Using this on a PSP would be almost pointless given the CFW options out there for PSP. But if you need/want to use it for some reason no it would not erase your homebrews and ISOs.

• SantaVitaClause says:

That made no sence. This is A Emulator Custom Firmware that will only work on all 4 Vita expoits.

• Roland says:

I don’t have a PSP to test it anymore but it was my understanding that these exploits also worked on PSP.
        They are all designed to match the 6.60 firmware of the PSP (as that is the fw that is sandboxed)

• Roland says:

I could be confusing this with VHBL though now that I check back…
          I’ve had 2 versions of vhbl and 2 versions of the cfw so I could very possibly be confusing myself in whether or not ecfw was usable on a psp…

• tehe loulzy says:

It could work but not in the way it works on the vital, the vit’s version emulates it with no CNN while the vital has the rest of the files like Bag CNN ect

• tehe loulzy says:

Wow autocorrect fail to the fullest xD

• Roland says:

Also you don’t install this into the psp per-say like you would with actual firmware, it’s more akin to a hen loader than a fully loaded firmware.

58. Binary says:

Great news! I’m loving TN-B with the GC exploit.

59. McLoven says:

Hey gents and lady gets.
    Tell me. The TN-B/TN Menu 0.2 we have running now with GRavity CRAsh thanx to ya’ll, BIG UPS by the way, does it support mini’s downloaded from a site other then PS STORE?

Cause I downloaded NOVA.ISO and upon opening NOVA, within TN menu, my screen just goes black and return with an error.

Any assistance or redirecting to a FORUM will be highly appreciated.

• Yes says:

Why do you want to download the Minis from another place than the PS Store? You’re already on the latest Vita firmware, so you have easy access to the PS Store.

• Mr MaGoo says:

Call me crazy but I dont think he wants to pay the $4.99 to support the devs and encourage them to continue releasing quality games for a reasonable price. I purchased that game and played it several times, especially after they added dual analog support to the minis/ psx.

• oreo says:

Yes it supports ISO’s if it askes you to move the file to the psp memory stick then press no and click on the game again then it will ask if you want to just start the game. (Thats what happens to me)

• wololo says:

Please don’t talk about Warez sites here. Just buy your games, or rip them yourself.

60. Fickfackerei says:

61. PsVITAHackbeginner says:

work this on the urbanix exploit?

62. bigjoe says:

keep it up guys! hope CFW will arrive soon too.

63. Khyle says:

“There is a possibility a new game exploit could be released but there is nothing confirmed yet”
    Damn, Sony just can’t keep up with all the new exploits coming, that’s why they haven’t fixed anything xD

64. miguel says:

please help me

65. marc says:

i wouldn’t say i was a noob but i am willing to brick my vita to help TN out!!!

66. nonolerobot says:

Damned perfect i am stucked in 1.60 :o)

67. BarbJohnson says:

Gosh its gonna be such a hastle installing TN-C, GAWRSH! SUCH a HoOsTlE. Tranzferin’sav data loike a boss. Enjoying eeglass ooh scotch with theemisses. Living like SonyPeeStation and its kisses <3

68. Tony says:

Psx support please :/

69. fresno says:

To begin a good eCFW you start here:

70. PlayerGG says:

71. bellBottomBarn says:

Total noob &=========> ~~~ Sony’s face

72. JMQMOfficials says:

Bug fixes, didn’t see much. But this next release will probably have a new menu maybe? :)

73. an inquirer says:

Why doesn’t a sony guy just join the community so he can get the Name early and take the game off before lots of people can get it. Someone explain this to me

• chingon says:

They probobly already do…

• wololo says:

Sony has better fish to fry than register a guy on this little website. Also, even if they registered now, they wouldn’t be in the main trusted circle, so thousands of people would still get the info before them

• Deagle275 says:

Probably they had, but someone caught him and because of tha we had a huge time to get gravity crash(just conspiracy):D.

74. vhblfans says:

TN-C Can run PSone games?

75. siuam says:

Hope that doesn’t mean TN-C not support 1.81….

76. poterk says:

I hope the exploit is from the commercial game 😀

77. PSVFanboy says:

Bring back XMB’ please!

But I’m not complaining’ and TN menu is a good menu

78. mcnico says:

79. Dilan Parmar says:

Hey I would loveto have XMB also when playin psp games on vita hold your thumb in the middle of thescreen till you see a menu

80. Dilan P says:

Hey! Guys I just want to say THANK YOU ALL!!!!
    Also the Mini Nova Crashes TN with error C1-2858-3

81. Dilan Parmar says:

Hey all. I want to say that all the minis I have used have crashed TN Menu.

82. Se7EN says:

i actually love the current tn menu i hope he keeps the menu layout

83. AsDraS says:

I really hope there will be psx support
    Would be great to play those games which are not in the PSN..
    Anybody knows if the eCFW will be released in a week or more like in a month? Cause I am about to buy a new battery for my PSP-1000 bacause I want to play Spyro while sitting in the train^^

84. Chuck norris says:

85. biohazard says:

Hello, I unfortunately missed the game Gravity crash, has you he another possible weakness there 1.81?

86. CaptainStupid says:

Hello, I have been on this website a few times and I seem to have got the impression that this is ‘the’ place to go for anything psp related.

I am not too familiar with the psp lingo any more. (Have a psp 2000 which I liked to messed around with and got in to, but have not done for years now and hence forgot).

I am planning on trading in my old psp for the new vita, but have heard that the vita only supports Sonys own type of sd and micro sd card. Will this ecfw allow support for other sd and micro sd cards or is it like putting a floppy disk into a usb drive (i.e. they are entirely different cards despite looking the same, so they are in fact not an sd or micro sd card but something else entirely).

I would like to try and play the old gameboy roms from my childhood. Am I correct in thinking that the emulation software is available to allow emulators to run on this despite this ecfw not being available yet?

Appreciate any help and apologies for noobness 😛

87. tehe loulzy says:

U want to give him love?….: \

88. MacksG says:

*im sure he ment to add NoHomo, but honestly i’m with this guy, i would like all of the above and not only would i find you woman to have your babies, i’d grow your bud too 😉 But honestly.

FasledXMB that ran exactly as psp1000- would be a dream,
    FTPNatively into that; It seems realistic honestly. + if we were really running a shadowedXMB Why wouldn’t our psp files show? :c <3 I Love Noob because he gave us what sony couldn't. our freedom back.

89. iRainbows says: