eCFW TN-C Coming soon

Developer Total Noob has announced TN-C for eCFW. TN is also looking for testers for another project and those with TN corruption issues.

Developer Total Noob has some incredible news as he has announced that TN-C eCFW will be coming soon for the Vita. He hasn’t said what will be included but you can expect various bug fixes. There is a possibility a new game exploit could be released but there is nothing confirmed yet, so stay tuned. TN is also looking for any VHBL users that are on firmwares under ofw 1.80, which is basically official firmwares 1.6x.  He is also looking for users with corrupted ISO issues that break TNmenu, so if you have those errors he is asking for you to also contact him via email.

If you’d like to help you can contact Total Noob via email at: total_noob@hotmail.com

Soon. “Screenshot” thanks to The Z
Note: this is not an actual screenshot, just a trick on the Vita’s update system. TN’s CEF will not be installed like this

1. Saul’s avatar

This is great news :D

2. Choppa’s avatar

definetly

3. Brady’s avatar

This is awesome!!!

4. chingon’s avatar

Just what I’ve been w8ting 4…

5. NakedFaerie’s avatar

Great to hear the Vita scene has someone willing to release things and keep working on them too. Awesome work TN :)

1. wololo’s avatar

Not to sound arrogant or anything, but TN is not the only one who’s been providing for the Vita scene. I guess I don’t like your choice of word “someone” which seems to imply he’s the only one who’s driving the vita scene.

VHBL was built upon HBL, and the improvements came from myself, TheCobra, Acid_Snake, Teck4, Neur0n, JJS, wth
      yMenu is the best menu for both VHBL and TN’s CEF, it was made by wth.
      We’ve released many user mode exploits since the Vita was released. Exploits from Teck4, wth, TheCobra, Neur0n, xerpi, Frostegater,…. CEF would not run without those.
      The FTP Server was made by Coldbird, OpenCMA was done by Virtuous Flame.

Not to mention the people who indirectly contributed to all these tools and might (or might not) want to be named here.

It’s easy to forget the amount of people who willingly gave their free time and released stuff without asking for anything in exchange, but your choice of words feels inappropriate here :)

1. Domingo’s avatar

Nicely said wololo

2. Ross Aus’s avatar

Wololo as i stated previously, i don’t usually write on forums but i have to say, you really do a great job.

Firstly your website is the first to post any updates relating to any exploit news regarding PSVITA department.

Secondly as you stated you are one of the helping people to achieve these goals.

Keep doing your great job, i am sure people such as my self are very thankful to you and others who are involved.

3. Mr MaGoo’s avatar

Wololo, deffinately was probably misspoken. We all appreciate everything that you have done together community. If it werent for you, we would never have seen countless vhbl on every firmware update. Thanks go to everyone involved in creating a community that has a future. I just picked up a second one (traded a console) so that I can still support the developers and enjoy my owned psp iso’s. I definitely think I am going to contact tn to see if I can help in any way. This will have to wait till tomorrow as I have to get up for work in less than 4 hrs. O the joys of adultoum :P

4. StepS’s avatar

the VitaFTP looks very similar to psp-ftpd, except it freezes on Vita due to maybe emulator specifics (or the “Free size” bug).
        Coldbird most likely modified and improved it to work on PSP emulator on Vita.

6. Dovlek’s avatar

Keep up with the updates JD8531
    And TN keep it up!!!!! Thankz for your hard work!

1. Jd8531’s avatar

I definitely will :D

7. IgnusArmagadan’s avatar

Not sure if the screenshot was just put together or what, but does this mean that eCFW TN-C is going to actually be on the Vita side? If so, HELL YEAH! If not, not AS exciting but still patiently waiting for this even better version of an already awesome thing!!

1. wololo’s avatar

It was put together by TheZ. This is not how the update will be made

1. Dovlek’s avatar

The power of illusion

2. IgnusArmagadan’s avatar

Alrighty, lol, thanks for clearing that up :p I got a little excited about that xD Having emulators and Homebrew buttons on the Vita would just feel pretty nice ^_^

2. Sorun’s avatar

Haha I had the same reaction because I saw the image before I read the post.

8. owanef’s avatar

So this is actual vita cfw or is it just another psp emulator exploit

9. dhai’s avatar

GJ..
    but where is the HK ver for GC?

10. Bdubsrocks’s avatar

this is going to be fun. cant wait to get my hands on this

11. owanef’s avatar

So this is actual vita cfw or is it just another psp emulator exploit. REPLY PLEASE

1. owanef’s avatar

so we install this by using system update on the vita settings app

1. thecoldest1’s avatar

Sorry man just another vita exploit but its suppose to have bug fixes

2. gunblade’s avatar

update to tnb

3. blackjesus’s avatar

You are retarded. please READ before you post shit

12. wartaf’s avatar

how could i become a tester?

1. Jd8531’s avatar

He’s asking for people to contact him if on VHBL and on ofw lower than 1.80. He isn’t asking for TN-C testers

1. wartaf’s avatar

Ok, thanks. i just want to help :D i’m on 1.81 already so maybe i can’t help but be a tester only :D

2. SSJ-Vita’s avatar

That’s what I’m saying, I wanna be a tester.

13. V’s avatar

TN, you’ve always been successfull but today you’ve successfully join the footpath of your guru DA. Thanks for making it happen.

14. darsien’s avatar

I have 1.81 u.u

15. KING’s avatar

Asia version also want to enjoy ..Please!

16. huz’s avatar

ps vhbl gravity crash 1.81? with TN-C might

17. garrei’s avatar

I hope he got PSX sound working :)

18. Spring_yan’s avatar

This is a good news!

19. speedbump’s avatar

would a corrupted iso be like when castlevania dracula x chronicles crashes once symphony of the night is picked?

20. speedbump’s avatar

great news by the way

21. traveller’s avatar

Anybody know what the “corrupted iso issues” means? Game compatibility problems, or issues in the launcher itself?

I noticed today that Venus & Braves (JPN) has corrupted audio (movie after start, and voices) but not sure if that’s what TN is asking for info about.

22. fresno’s avatar

Good news, thank you Wololo and good work TN.

23. joeng’s avatar

I wonder what tn-c will provide :) pretty excited..awesome work guys!

24. Dilan P’s avatar

I am on the Gravity Crash exploit and I love it but after transferring the SBK 07 CSO it wouldn’t show up. I haven’t tried the ISO yet so bear with me! But THANK YOU ALL

25. Eddie’s avatar

Off topic….hi wololo i just want to ask if this totalnoob is the same person who release the psp hen back in 2010? I thought playing psp back game is not his will? Did he change up his mind?….anyways this is so cool…planning to buy vita next week

1. wololo’s avatar

Yes, this is the same person.

26. Leires’s avatar

I wonder what FW my vita will be..Won’t know for a few days, and by then he’ll probably have all he needs for testers but you never know! Also, come onnnn sony, give me just a few more days!

1. Mr MaGoo’s avatar

He is also the one to introduce a dual analog to the psp’s (have one on my phat)

1. Mr MaGoo’s avatar

sorry, this was ment for Eddie

27. jlove19’s avatar

can someone tell me is this a proper lcfw or is it a sandboxed psp

1. blackjesus’s avatar

READ the article idiot

28. Eddie’s avatar

Thanks wololo for quick feedback…..i just hope new games for vita is coming…..this scene is what makes sony products so cool….

29. kikershadow’s avatar

buena noticia mejorar la carga de isos ps mas no un custom only picture is moded

30. XxtheeliminatorxX’s avatar

OK SO I GOT THE CSO GAMES TO WORK BUT EVERYTIME I PUT A ISO IN IT NEVER SHOWS UP AM I DOING SOMETHING WRONG DO I NEED TO DO LIKE THE PSP AND PUT PSP,GAME,ISO INTO FOLDER IN THE GRAVITY CRASH SAVE FILE? I CAP ALL 8 WORDS IVE INCLUDED ISO IN CAPS AND NO CAPS ASWELL AND NO ISO EITHER BUT IT SEEMS THAT ISOS DONT LIKE VITA ECFW. COULD SOMEONE EXPLAIN TO ME IF THATS NEED

1. Mr MaGoo’s avatar

Lol. It looks like u forgot to uncap yourself

31. XxtheeliminatorxX’s avatar

CSOS I JUST THROW INTO THE SAVE FILE WITH ALL 8 LETTER CAPS AND CSO AND IT WORKS WITH NOT BEING IN A SEPERATE FOLDER

1. Mr MaGoo’s avatar

Easiest way is to install the ftp client and use that. if I am not mistaking, u need to have each iso listed as 8 letters cap’d with .ISO at the end (will not show ). I had the same issue, I opened my ftp client and browsed to the specific folder. From there u can rename the extention. Hope this helps.

32. mangosteam’s avatar

WEll my only corrupted issue is one’s you made a mistake on copying an iso the temp files doesnt show up so i dont know where to delete it and it eats up my memory and it also doesnt show up on ftp or pspfiler but at least not break my tn menu still playable so i guess ill just ignore the 1 gig plus memory that is missing lol for now and wait for the new tn c and again tnx for all the staff of wololo and all the devs thats is behind it your all great tnx.

33. kash’s avatar

So let me get this straight, this is basically another Pspemulator, to be run onthe gravitycrash exploit? Or is this for a new exploit coming soon?

34. Sam’s avatar

good News ^^

35. steveothekilla’s avatar

HEY WOLOLO I BELIVE WITH VITA FIRMWARE PS2 IS DEFINATLY POSSIBLE POSSIBLY XBOX

1. Mr MaGoo’s avatar

Yea, why is he yellin for?

1. blackjesus’s avatar

What?

1. Roland’s avatar

I believe he is saying that with the Vita firmware he feels it would be possible to run ps2 games on our vita’s and possibly xbox games.

Just leave him believe it. It’s easier that way…

2. chingon’s avatar

Dude read the rules and stop CAPPIN…

36. Zyphs’s avatar

Too bad i’m on the 1.81 update :/
    But i can always wait if it gets updated to the newer updates :)

37. Tonakai’s avatar

Awesome! Thanks for the update JD. Looking forward to it! :D

38. quetz’s avatar

GREAT NEWS ;))

39. Simk0024’s avatar

Good~
    But, so far is there any CFW for GC Asia?

40. Byatsuke’s avatar

If you guys are about to release another exploit, I say you guys should wait till the next update.

There already has been 4 freaking exploit on this firmware.

41. Gamer’s avatar

@wololo hey man could you or anyone else tell me if this is a sandboxes psp or a proper cfw/lcfw for the psvita could someone please reply

42. xentar’s avatar

It’s still TN’s eCFW version C; the e is for emulator so it is within the psp emu.

If any devs do/have found a way to access vita functions outside of the emulator I doubt it will be released any time soon. As far as I can tell all contributing devs are against piracy and most certainly against hurting this struggling console any more.

43. rdlfo’s avatar

just want another xploit please… i corrupt gravity crash and i cant play anymore :S

1. CJW’s avatar

Why on earth didn’t you back it up to your PC with oCMA before you started messing arround with it?

It is pretty simple, get the expliot game, backup to PC with oCMA, make a copy of your oCMA files to another HD or mem stick and then if anything goes wrong you can always restore…..taking just a few minutes of precaution goes a long way when hacking/modding stuff!

44. c-zero’s avatar

Wow that was fast. Anyway, does this mean that I can upgrade directly from 1.81 OFW, or will I need to install TnB first and then upgrade? If so, will the new exploit work with TnB? I missed the last exploit because of a simple mistake, so I am not missing this one!

45. Okasen’s avatar

Has there been any progress or attempts towards a native vita hack?
    I know there is work being done on the psm, but that’s just inside another box.

Either way, great job to all that have been putting countless hours into what we have thus far all I can say is Thank You, but we all know you deserve much mord than that.

46. marjowikid’s avatar

soooo hum will this be using the same psp emulator to run the exploits or is this going to be an actual vita exploit?

47. ramenking’s avatar

hey wololo you think with this update we will just need to install it from expolitable game then we can use his menu from home screen or you think it will be the same as before and have to load a save file to get to the menu. if you know i know its still early but curious lol anyway thank tn for giving me the chance to play my hombrew/backup and wololo for vblh and keeping us uptodate big props 2 you both

48. MajorSnipes’s avatar

Btw, can the psp emulator on the vita use the Prometheus online stuff to play games like MHFU etc.?

49. deniz’s avatar

looking forward to tn-C
    Hoping for some cool features:)

1 · 2 ·