eCFW TN-C Coming soon

Developer Total Noob has announced TN-C for eCFW. TN is also looking for testers for another project and those with TN corruption issues.

Developer Total Noob has some incredible news as he has announced that TN-C eCFW will be coming soon for the Vita. He hasn’t said what will be included but you can expect various bug fixes. There is a possibility a new game exploit could be released but there is nothing confirmed yet, so stay tuned. TN is also looking for any VHBL users that are on firmwares under ofw 1.80, which is basically official firmwares 1.6x.  He is also looking for users with corrupted ISO issues that break TNmenu, so if you have those errors he is asking for you to also contact him via email.

If you’d like to help you can contact Total Noob via email at: total_noob@hotmail.com

Soon. “Screenshot” thanks to The Z
Note: this is not an actual screenshot, just a trick on the Vita’s update system. TN’s CEF will not be installed like this

1. Darton Staker’s avatar

A fake XMB menu would be awesome. But then again I’m not complaining!!! Haha awesome news! Looking forward to it, hope it patches bugs and compatibility issues

1. TransX2’s avatar

Dude, That’s an amazing idea! I’ve been thinking that since I heard they got rid of XMB, I like it way better.

2. Yes’s avatar

Very nice good work man

3. YcO96Ps’s avatar

Great news :D
    Looking forward to it!

4. knarlockk’s avatar

The Vita, even in psp mode sorely needs some more brightness. I can’t play it for very long without getting eye fatigue.

1. Dragng8’s avatar

Have you held your home button?

2. WolfRamiO’s avatar

WTF mine is too bright maybe you got a faulty unit

5. kosuke’s avatar

i would like to be a tester even though im on 1.81 cause i would like to test a few things the bug up the menu personally and some games that didnt work for me

6. Linkedot’s avatar

Apreciate Your work (Hobby||developping) for the Psvita, This is what makes the Scene Alive and also the most creative NINJA Concept and News update and much more things i didn’t mention in the Wololo/Talk ! you guys rock… a BiG Community is being Formed Here :D Thanks a lot !

7. CJW’s avatar

Wololo….just want to give a little love to you and all the Vita scene devs. You are doing great work not only in the vHBL, but Wagic, and this website is THE place to come for PSP/Vita homebrew and mod discussions and info.

Don’t listen too much to the ignorant out there as they just sit with their hands up their asses and wait for something new to be released and don’t understand all the time and effort that goes into discovering these expliots and then coding the modifications.

You keep up the good work and even though I had no problem with TN-B I really look forward to TN-C to see what Total Noob comes up with. Thanks to you all for releasing GC exploit as I was on 1.8 MHFU and wanted to go to 1.81 so I could play the new cart releases that just came out. I like others hope TN-C has more VSH control (UMD movie mounting and playback would be awesome), built in FTP or FileManager would be awesome, and ofcourse working PSX with sound would be unreal, but I am sure no matter what in improved or added will be appreciated by many.

Thanks……you and the rest of the gang ROCK!!!!

1. tehe loulzy’s avatar

U want to give him love?….: \

1. iRainbows’s avatar

You can has my love. :p <333

2. MacksG’s avatar

*im sure he ment to add NoHomo, but honestly i’m with this guy, i would like all of the above and not only would i find you woman to have your babies, i’d grow your bud too ;) But honestly.

FasledXMB that ran exactly as psp1000- would be a dream,
      FTPNatively into that; It seems realistic honestly. + if we were really running a shadowedXMB Why wouldn’t our psp files show? :c <3 I Love Noob because he gave us what sony couldn't. our freedom back.

8. daniel’s avatar

well, im an ordinary customer of sony ps vita, and discover this webpage and wololo`s vita scene, because this, i dont have too much to say, just appreciate your work on the vita, and wish the best luck to you, because this work open the eyes of the programmers to understand, the important that this forum could be for the rest of the company, world, comunity, keep on dude.

9. Trunk208’s avatar

Okay, so this is a Custom FIrmware right? If it is, then If I install it into my PSP then wouldn’t my PSP ISO’s and Homebrew be gone?

1. Roland’s avatar

Using this on a PSP would be almost pointless given the CFW options out there for PSP. But if you need/want to use it for some reason no it would not erase your homebrews and ISOs.

2. SantaVitaClause’s avatar

That made no sence. This is A Emulator Custom Firmware that will only work on all 4 Vita expoits.

1. Roland’s avatar

I don’t have a PSP to test it anymore but it was my understanding that these exploits also worked on PSP.
        They are all designed to match the 6.60 firmware of the PSP (as that is the fw that is sandboxed)

1. Roland’s avatar

I could be confusing this with VHBL though now that I check back…
          I’ve had 2 versions of vhbl and 2 versions of the cfw so I could very possibly be confusing myself in whether or not ecfw was usable on a psp…

1. tehe loulzy’s avatar

It could work but not in the way it works on the vital, the vit’s version emulates it with no CNN while the vital has the rest of the files like Bag CNN ect

2. tehe loulzy’s avatar

Wow autocorrect fail to the fullest xD

3. Roland’s avatar

Also you don’t install this into the psp per-say like you would with actual firmware, it’s more akin to a hen loader than a fully loaded firmware.

10. Binary’s avatar

Great news! I’m loving TN-B with the GC exploit.

11. McLoven’s avatar

Hey gents and lady gets.
    Tell me. The TN-B/TN Menu 0.2 we have running now with GRavity CRAsh thanx to ya’ll, BIG UPS by the way, does it support mini’s downloaded from a site other then PS STORE?

Cause I downloaded NOVA.ISO and upon opening NOVA, within TN menu, my screen just goes black and return with an error.

Any assistance or redirecting to a FORUM will be highly appreciated.
    Thanks

1. Yes’s avatar

Why do you want to download the Minis from another place than the PS Store? You’re already on the latest Vita firmware, so you have easy access to the PS Store.

1. Mr MaGoo’s avatar

Call me crazy but I dont think he wants to pay the $4.99 to support the devs and encourage them to continue releasing quality games for a reasonable price. I purchased that game and played it several times, especially after they added dual analog support to the minis/ psx.

1. oreo’s avatar

Yes it supports ISO’s if it askes you to move the file to the psp memory stick then press no and click on the game again then it will ask if you want to just start the game. (Thats what happens to me)

2. wololo’s avatar

Please don’t talk about Warez sites here. Just buy your games, or rip them yourself.

12. Fickfackerei’s avatar

Nice!

13. PsVITAHackbeginner’s avatar

work this on the urbanix exploit?

14. bigjoe’s avatar

keep it up guys! hope CFW will arrive soon too.

15. Khyle’s avatar

“There is a possibility a new game exploit could be released but there is nothing confirmed yet”
    Damn, Sony just can’t keep up with all the new exploits coming, that’s why they haven’t fixed anything xD

16. miguel’s avatar

please help me

17. marc’s avatar

i wouldn’t say i was a noob but i am willing to brick my vita to help TN out!!!

18. nonolerobot’s avatar

Damned perfect i am stucked in 1.60 :o)

19. BarbJohnson’s avatar

Gosh its gonna be such a hastle installing TN-C, GAWRSH! SUCH a HoOsTlE. Tranzferin’sav data loike a boss. Enjoying eeglass ooh scotch with theemisses. Living like SonyPeeStation and its kisses <3

20. Tony’s avatar

Psx support please :/

1. EFUS09’s avatar

nice, the next time take a video with you and one horse TROLL

21. PlayerGG’s avatar

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

SHUT UP AND ENJOY!!

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

22. bellBottomBarn’s avatar

Total noob &=========> ~~~ Sony’s face

23. JMQMOfficials’s avatar

Bug fixes, didn’t see much. But this next release will probably have a new menu maybe? :)

24. an inquirer’s avatar

Why doesn’t a sony guy just join the community so he can get the Name early and take the game off before lots of people can get it. Someone explain this to me

1. chingon’s avatar

They probobly already do…

2. wololo’s avatar

Sony has better fish to fry than register a guy on this little website. Also, even if they registered now, they wouldn’t be in the main trusted circle, so thousands of people would still get the info before them

3. Deagle275’s avatar

Probably they had, but someone caught him and because of tha we had a huge time to get gravity crash(just conspiracy):D.

25. slimjim3k’s avatar

Just an awesome optional thing id like.

XMB

Id fucking love to have the xmb on my Vita. Especially if stuff like CXMB and that one Categories plugin work on it.

26. vhblfans’s avatar

TN-C Can run PSone games?

1. sniper.jay’s avatar

He hasn’t said what will be included

27. siuam’s avatar

Hope that doesn’t mean TN-C not support 1.81….

28. poterk’s avatar

I hope the exploit is from the commercial game :D

1. sniper.jay’s avatar

PSP games are not commercial ??
      for VITA games you can dream… ^^

1. sniper.jay’s avatar

oups I read for commercial game instead of from commercial games ^^

29. PSVFanboy’s avatar

Bring back XMB’ please!

But I’m not complaining’ and TN menu is a good menu

30. mcnico’s avatar

AN XMB LIKE IN CEF <3

31. Dilan Parmar’s avatar

Hey I would loveto have XMB also when playin psp games on vita hold your thumb in the middle of thescreen till you see a menu

32. Dilan P’s avatar

Hey! Guys I just want to say THANK YOU ALL!!!!
    Also the Mini Nova Crashes TN with error C1-2858-3

33. Dilan Parmar’s avatar

Hey all. I want to say that all the minis I have used have crashed TN Menu.

34. Se7EN’s avatar

i actually love the current tn menu i hope he keeps the menu layout

35. AsDraS’s avatar

I really hope there will be psx support
    Would be great to play those games which are not in the PSN..
    Anybody knows if the eCFW will be released in a week or more like in a month? Cause I am about to buy a new battery for my PSP-1000 bacause I want to play Spyro while sitting in the train^^

36. Chuck norris’s avatar

I NEED HELP WITH FINAL FANTASY DUODECIM IT WONT RUN ON TN-B THE SCREENS TURN BLACK BUT TEKKEN 6 work

37. biohazard’s avatar

Hello, I unfortunately missed the game Gravity crash, has you he another possible weakness there 1.81?

1. wololo’s avatar

With OFW 2.0 around the corner, this is very unlikely

38. CaptainStupid’s avatar

Hello, I have been on this website a few times and I seem to have got the impression that this is ‘the’ place to go for anything psp related.

I am not too familiar with the psp lingo any more. (Have a psp 2000 which I liked to messed around with and got in to, but have not done for years now and hence forgot).

I am planning on trading in my old psp for the new vita, but have heard that the vita only supports Sonys own type of sd and micro sd card. Will this ecfw allow support for other sd and micro sd cards or is it like putting a floppy disk into a usb drive (i.e. they are entirely different cards despite looking the same, so they are in fact not an sd or micro sd card but something else entirely).

I would like to try and play the old gameboy roms from my childhood. Am I correct in thinking that the emulation software is available to allow emulators to run on this despite this ecfw not being available yet?

Appreciate any help and apologies for noobness :P

· 1 · 2