Release: Total_Noob’s CEF TN-B for Gravity Crash (port by Teck4 and Frostegater)

Despite conspiracy theorists who would love to see us not deliver, here’s, as promised, Teck4′s port of Total_Noob’s eCFW to a new game exploit for the game Gravity Crash Portable.

As “expected”, the game Gravity Crash Portable was removed from all Sony PSN locales yesterday, following our announce 3 days ago of a vulnerability being discovered in that game, that would allow a malicious attacker to run Super Mario Bros on your Vita.

Hopefully, people who missed the Monster Hunter AND Urbanix AND Mad blocker alpha exploits had enough luck this time to catch this 4th game in time before it got pulled.

Teck4 ported TN’s CEF to the Gravity Crash game in JP, while Frostegater adapted this work to the EU and US versions. Total_Noob’s CEF is a tool running within the PSP Emulator of the Vita, which will allow you, among other things, to run most PSP homebrews (see a good selection of great homebrews and emulators here) and PSP plugins. Tools such as the Vita FTP will also simplify your file transfers, compared to the tedious official Content Manager Assistant.

Thanks to TheZ for a video of the tool in action:

Donations

If you like the work done by these guys, please consider a donation:

(sorry, no donation link available for Teck4. Teck4, please get in touch with me if you have one)

Donate to Frostegater with the button below

Donate to Total_Noob Here

If, for some reason, you’re so happy with this release that you’d also like to donate to me (wololo), please consider making a donation to the Red Cross instead, thanks :)

How to instal and use

Installation and usage are explained in the readme (thanks Frostegater!), but here they are again:

1. Copy both savedata folders to PSVita by CMA(Open CMA is preferred)
  2. Run game->Editor->Press START->Load level->Choose “exploit”->
  3. Save level
  4. Enjoy ;)

Download

Download on this page. Be sure to download the files for Gravity Crash, not the ones for Urbanix or Mad blocker Alpha

1. King’s avatar

If you guys are having problems with the iso files ,you must name the iso file 8 characters long in upper case ,even the extension example:DGBTTT10.ISO ,once you have the iso file ready place it into the savedata 01. Start the exploit to the menu and you must see the icon of the game and press x to place it to mso:Iso ( i don’t what that is but when i do that my game freezes for so long and i have to restart , it does work after the third try pressing x repeatly ,I need some help too } I know it works you guys should try it n see how it goes .Hopefully superwololo makes a more specific tutorial on how to put homebrews and iso to the cfw ,THANK YOU DEVELOPERS!!!

2. madphx’s avatar

I’m at work so I can’t post any samples but i will tonight if you people need them. If someone else wants to create some zipped folders with home brew already prepackaged I’m sure many will appreciate it.

I will try to put some stuff up tonight so that you can see how it’s supposed to be set up. If someone else can beat me to it I would appreciate it.

Also people please be patient exploit was just recently released so not everything may be compatible. Give Wololo and friends thanks and be patient cause I’m sure they will be working to make sure homebrew and whatever else may come to run on your Vita like it should and not damage your system.

3. Gessekai’s avatar

I have Gravity Crash downloaded on my PS3, but it’s not showing up in CMA. Did Sony do something to prevent people from transferring it?

1. wololo’s avatar

If they did like with the previous exploits, then yes.
      Alternatively, it is possible you downloaded Gravity Crash (for PS3) instead of Gravity Crash Portable (the game for PSP/Vita)

1. Gessekai’s avatar

Ah, darn. Is there any work around for this? I double checked and made sure it was for PSP.

1. wololo’s avatar

The workaround is to travel in time back to the past, and read this: http://wololo.net/talk/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=17862

In particular, read where it says “The best method of absolutely assuring you have the chance to run VHBL or eCFW is to download the exploited game directly to your Vita. Not to your PS3, not to your PC, Not to your PSP. Straight onto your PS Vita”. QFT

1. Gessekai’s avatar

Im afraid traveling back in time to that moment wouldn’t help me.
            I saw where it said that, but I had misplaced my memory card at the time.
            I downloaded it on my PS3 as a last resort until I found my memory card.
            Maybe next time I’ll be prepared.

4. Simk0024’s avatar

I download ‘Gravity Crash Portable’ from PSS Singapore
    which one should i use? UE or US one?
    I have tried both but ‘error occurred C1-2858-3′.
    What happened ??
    Can anyone help me and told me what should I do next?

1. srsteam’s avatar

because asia ver dont have port yet
      only work on jp.us,eu

2. walala’s avatar

I can make a port of exploit for you if you give me gravity crash portable.iso (HK version)!! thats all I need to help the scene!!

1. xysscn’s avatar

I’ve got ‘Gravity Crash Portable’ from PS Store HongKong,however it’s a .pkg file,will this be a help?

2. Msnk8’s avatar

i downloaded from singapore psn account,,,,the game reads gravity crash portable(english version)
        will dat do? can u port it if i send u the file…..m also gettin the same error everytime

if yes plz instruct me how to sent it

5. rahul vyas’s avatar

Any Hope for 1.61 Firmware (Everybody’s Tennis Exploit) Owners ?

6. huz’s avatar

PS VITA GRAVITA CRASH 1.81 WORKING “FILER” COPY MOVE MSO:/PSP/GAME/”BUBBLE TRUBBLE.CSO” :D!! NOT ISO AND SNES9X 0.43 ,OU_SNES9X,RIN,DEADALUS

7. marlewuk’s avatar

Thanx wololo and all who made is hack possible. got it working in the end – ran angry birds and wipeout to test. i’m actually using my mate’s vita and hacking it for him.
    PSP are childsplay compared to this.

8. lion’s avatar

Is there any possible to port hk ver gravity crash exploit? thank you!

9. raymond hemphill’s avatar

Hmm if you losers game shared with me earlier I coulda had it u fuckers. Now I just forget hacking my vita. *Uses thunderbolt on all users*

10. raymond hemphill’s avatar

This is straight BS because u kids don’t no shit about gs

11. raymond hemphill’s avatar

And I was really looking forward to see that small screen in the middle again

12. VitaBoy’s avatar

Guy…. i cant believe me what happend today… after finally make my vita work with the exploit and i was SO SO SO HAPPY , i jsut come from my work to transfer some PSP games to my vita and… i cant just unlock my vita

i have the same password since i buy my vita and i cant unlock it , i got error wrong password

Can sony change it to force me restore the system?

if i restore the system and i remove the memory card i can loose my exploit ?

1. marlewuk’s avatar

Hopefully u backed up the game on the pc, then if you need to restore you can then use cha to copy game back to vita and redo hack

2. S1L3NTJ’s avatar

you can try the ps3 master unlock code 0074 it might work not sure havent forgot my password yet. might be different for vita.

13. steveothekilla’s avatar

WEN I CLICK ON EXPLOIT FROM MY VITA IT DOES NONTHING THIS IS THE ONLY THING IVE EVER TRIED BUT I COPPIED THE TWO FLODERS FROM THE US-….FOLDER AND FROM CMA I COPIED THE SAVE DATA BUT NONTHING HAPPENS CAN SOME ONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT I SHOULD DO? THANKS

1. marlewuk’s avatar

U need to then click save

14. steveothekilla’s avatar

ITS LIKE I I GO TO LOAD EXPLOIT AND ITLL TAKE ME BACK TO THE START MENU WITH THE LIST OF “TEST LEVEL/INSTRUCTIONS/CLEAR MAP…. DO I NEED NEW FILES OR SOMTHING

1. ploppy’s avatar

Stop posting in bloody caps

15. Jacks’s avatar

Hey, im new to this website, and to the hacking community. I missed the first 3 exploits like an idiot. I got Gravity crush so im extremely gratefull. I need help because when i turn on gravity crush and click level there is no exploit it is all empty please help

16. steveothekilla’s avatar

DUDEEEEEEEEE I LOVE UUUUUUU THANNKS IT TOOK ME TO THE SCREEN BUT NOW I NEED TO KNOW HOW TO PUT GAMES ON IT

17. marlewuk’s avatar

Check forum people, tutorials on there and also videos on youtube

1. Jacks’s avatar

I tried buddy for like 2 hours im stumped and upset

1. JJ’s avatar

Yea i’m lost. i got the xploit working but thats about it. all the tutorials say install ftp install this, but how do you install those. a complete walk thru would be great. For people that don’t do this everyday.

1. psyguy’s avatar

Instructions only for Gravity Crash.

If the exploit for Gravity Crash is working on your vita (follow readme). Here’s how to install the ftp program.

1. Grab the vitaftp problem. Extract the zip, and then extract the INSTALL.ZIP . You only need the EBOOT.PBP
          2. Create a couple of folders inside each other with the following order PSP, GAME, FTP
          3. Put the EBOOT.PBP that you have extracted into the FTP folder
          4. Install or use the program called 7zip (this example) – right click on the PSP folder from step #2 and select “Add to archive…” . Make sure the archive format is ZIP and compression level is STORE. It is important that you name the file INSTALL.ZIP in all CAPS.
          5. The new zip file should have the folders in order of depth as step #2. Place the new INSTALL.ZIP
          6. Locate on your computer where Open CMA backs up your gamesaves. For example mine is d:\Vita\PSAVEDATA\(random_numbers_letters\NPEG00020DATA01
          Put the ftp INSTALL.ZIP in the NPEG00020DATA01 folder
          7. Now use Open CMA to upload the updated Gravity Crash exploit folder.
          8. Load the exploit and install the ftp. Now, you can ftp any homebrew without using the above method.

2. Jacks’s avatar

i got it to work now somehow, and when i click save it says error c1-2858-3

1. psyguy’s avatar

Gravity Crash. I had a issue where I was uploading some old(probably incompatible) homebrew apps via ftp and got c1-2858-3 error when I tried to get back into the TN-B menu. Resolved this by going to the PS Vita’s data manager menu and deleted the corrupt data out of the memory card. Ran the exploit again and no more errors.

2. Msnk8’s avatar

same here buddy…m shattered

18. mark90’s avatar

Works fine for me, thanks sooo much! XD

19. Dilan Parmar’s avatar

As soon as you can install vitaftp and then transfer iso through filezilla(I have had no luck with psp filer and such but internet is decent like 18 mbps or something)

20. Addison’s avatar

i’ve been reading from a couple posts to transfer pep isos through cma and then use psp filer to move it to the right folder. however doing that is a two step process which in the end seems to take just as long as the ftp method. just my opinion. think i’ll stick with the ftp method

1. ploppy’s avatar

if you use ymenu you dont need to move them

21. tatsuya’s avatar

look like i missed at 4th time now ~_~ XD
    i just bought psn card to buy that GCP but the sony already delete it already oh well must go on and keep up the good work wololo

22. Save my day plz’s avatar

i only have a game from HK store can you plz make for HK version plz

1. walala’s avatar

I can make a port of exploit for you if you give me gravity crash portable.iso!! (HK version for PSP)..

23. TokiDoki’s avatar

Can somebody please post all the files needed to run isos on Gravity Crush. I’ve tried everything and every step like 40 times but I think I’m doing something wrong because the exploit works fine but no isos or HB appear….

1. S1L3NTJ’s avatar

make sure you are not naming the file FILENAME.ZIP.zip to fix this use 7zip for the archive and rename it in the archive manager. What I did was get some homebrew any will do put it in PSP/GAME/ folder in your PSAVEDATA folder. For Isos put them in ISO/ next highlight PSP and ISO and use 7zip to create FILENAME.ZIP archive. put archive in first save file for gravity crash and copy to psp. second load CEF it should show the random homebrew you chose install it and when it installs it will install isos along with it which will show after installation. I’m sure there is an easier way to do this but it works for me. just make sure you have all the homebrew you need in the first archive because it is a pain to manage homebrews without losing stuff with this early cef

24. MHero’s avatar

Gravity Crash Asia Please

25. totoru’s avatar

Gravity Crash Asia Please

26. totoru’s avatar

Gravity Crash Asia Please….

27. 天神’s avatar

亚洲没有吗?Asia…

28. Totoro’s avatar

This is awesome guys, congrats to everyone who was able to receive this gift. And to those who leaked the name I honestly hope you’re perma-banned and not ruining someone else’s day.

29. Chicago_Ghost’s avatar

Where do you put roms at for the emulators

30. Otropom’s avatar

Working like à charm its perfect !!!
    It take long to run the game then load/save into the level Éditor
    But at least its Working . Hope the vita Will be really hacked soon !!

31. CreepOnIn320’s avatar

finally got it to run my psp iso/cso thanks u guys, ill shell not forget this.

32. Nemesis`Q’s avatar

simply waiting for HK port :/
    btw, great work :)

1. walala’s avatar

I can make it for you,
      if you can give me a Gravity Crash Portable.ISO for PSP!!
      w/HK region…

1. Simk0024’s avatar

how do we know which region we are as there is no label on the game?

2. cullet’s avatar

psp game GC HK can be downloaded on the link bellow

need some help on porting GC HK region
        trying to port it my seft but its gonna take some time coz im new at this

33. johnny’s avatar

thank for your gift look forward to HK Version

34. bosanovaX’s avatar

SO Happy with this,

So far Ive tested CPS1, SNES, NES, Neogeo Pocket, Megadrive, Gameboy, Megaman Powered Up (PSP)

All working beautifully

Thanks

1. Renato’s avatar

Hey man, can you show us how you did those things? I only could run ISO’s. Game boy, Snes and so on I couldn’t make it. Thanks

1. bosanovaX’s avatar

You need to put all your homebrew in the PSP/GAME folder, basically the same as PSP. I transferred the files fia the FTP method. As yo know it takes time so just have your fave selection of back up roms, you already own ;)

I used my pre existing homebrew from my PSP with custom made png’s so its nice and personal. But the icing on the cake was my save states were still intact. :)

I love this scene !!!

1. Renato’s avatar

Thanks for the replying. I will try that later on at home. I tried to put the homebrews via PSAVEDATA and CMA. Which emulators did you use for which one? I mean for GAme Boy you use GPSP, for GENESES is PICODRIVE and so on… Thanks again

1. bosanovaX’s avatar

No worries man, your right on the emulators by the way.(Picodrive, snesTYL GPSP etc). If you were in the PSP scene, the ones you used back then should work just fine.

I cant wait to get home to test MVS and CPS2 !!!!

35. Ross’s avatar

Guys i am all good but found to be getting an error when loading more than one ISO

I think TN menu cannot display many isos or load them and simply crashes with the 1-2 somthing error.

Any one know how many ISO i can put in the folder ?

36. bewrong’s avatar

I have a question. How do change the UMD driver after opening the TN-B menu? (ie. m33 to sony)

1. Darton Staker’s avatar

Press [] (square)

1. bewrong’s avatar

when I press [ ] it prompts me if i would like to delete the file. I’m currently using ymenu as the original TN-B menu corrupted

37. eapple’s avatar

there’s no exploit level in my gravity crush.. :(
    what should I do?

38. Simk0024’s avatar

will it have a exploit for GC asia??

1. Mr.Flap’s avatar

no one knows at the moment

39. Mimar’s avatar

All friend.For error use YMENU

40. lion’s avatar

although no hk ver exploit, U guys are amazing, really, from bottom of my heart. thx.

41. Rayman’s avatar

Thank you all.

42. bosanovax’s avatar

Just experienced a problem with nesterj, I pushed ps home the game hung and the psvita went to a weird safe mode promting me to format memory card. I didnt :) now im playing cave story :)

43. Addison’s avatar

So where can one get these game emulators such as gba? ive seen the nes and n64 on this site but i cannot find others. also, i’ve read through all the comments and no one has said where you can get them.

44. carsauce’s avatar

Emulators are on the forums

45. elexrto’s avatar

how install PSPFILER in my ps vita a need a tutorial plz..a need install in gravity crash savedata folder tnks

46. John’s avatar

I still wonder, can the VITA be online at all? How does the ftp work?

47. gd074’s avatar

i deleted the gravity crash portable game because of freezing and error problems i watched this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4nv48bGIDes&feature=plcp

so i thought i would be able to get it back but its looking like i cant.
    any suggestions?