The New PlayStation Store Now Available

It was announced earlier this morning that the newly refreshed and redesigned PlayStation Store is pushing out to all PlayStation 3 users in the United States, Canada, Brazil, and Mexico.

If you are apart of any of these four regions and you have yet to fire up your PS3 and check out the fresh design, I highly recommend you do so.

I, personally, find the new store to be very appealing, while others have a differing opinion.

Let me know what you think in the comments below, as well as any problems or concerns you might have regarding the new redesign.

“As you may have noticed, the new PlayStation Store for PlayStation 3 is now available in the United States, Canada, Brazil and Mexico. Great new features like streaming trailers, improved search, new filter and sort options, as well as improved graphics, more game and video information, and easier access to add-ons are just some of the highlights.

With so much content available, it’s a great time to jump in and check it out. We value your feedback and will continue to make enhancements, so please let us know what you think in the comment section below.”

- The PlayStation Blog

1. Ukdna’s avatar

Sweet, I agree… Very nice

2. Jan’s avatar

second. an imitation of xbox store

1. SsJVasto’s avatar

Seems to me like a classier version of the PSVita’s store.

3. Videoman1313’s avatar

wololo talk about the congress making the PS3 hacking illegal :(

1. Hahussle’s avatar

I truly hope you are kidding about this

1. poop’s avatar

Why? Wololo explains things very well.n I wouldn’t mind understanding the decision a bit better

1. UKDNA’s avatar

Ripping DVDs that you own is now also ridiculously illegal, so just ignore the whole DMCA now.

1. PlayerGG’s avatar

hey sony today is your birthday.
            “happy birth day to you, happy birth day to youuu,
            happy day to yo………….uuu??” Shut up that song is Copyrighted!

4. Freedom’s avatar

And dear European owners enjoy your forced SingStar game icon after the 4.30+ update…

1. OuahOuah’s avatar

Just discovered it… what a bullsh*t !

5. yosuke’s avatar

i wish they could create a ps2 emulator for the ps vita

1. Vita Hacker’s avatar

I agree PS2 Emulator for the PSVITA, Sounds great..
      May be also An Ipod Ios Emulator would be great…..

6. albie85’s avatar

I think it looks great but it takes to long to load also I don’t like the new search function

7. Michael’s avatar

why does it sound like a piano died when it starts up. this sound. it’s just so awful. who thought this was good.

8. Eazon’s avatar

It looks very much like the new windows 8 with those tiles. Looks fresh and I like it.

9. chaoswar’s avatar

Looks great and all but reminds me of windows 8. It also looks like it would work better on the vita, as it works by the screens sliding. I could just imagine using the vita to scroll left and right and tapping on the icons.

Was a bit disappointed that they remove the video previews of all the games, the screenshots are so low resolution and doesn’t tell much about the game. Instead of giving me a download button for a game preview (it waste time and HDD space), I want to see the preview stream in a new windows or like the old PSN a player pops up infront of the store. I want to see previews of games I might download instantly, not boot up a computer/exit store, boot up youtube app to watch a preview of the game, boot up store again.

10. gungah’s avatar

I love this store much easier to find things and its awesome i can search for things based on price

11. gunblade’s avatar

from how the thing look like the windows 8 (xbox360) think the ps4 going be like the nintendo wii u n have like touch screen controller atleast would be cool…

12. ItzBlitz’s avatar

I’ve had this almost a week now???

13. AMTF’s avatar

It does look nice, but it doesn’t work with Remote Play on my Vita

14. Itherian’s avatar

I hate the new store hard to find anything especially addons. Why show all the addons seperated why not leave them in folders like before.

1. brownsensation’s avatar

i agree and it’s ironic cause they said it was supposed to make addons easier to access

15. OuahOuah’s avatar

Present in EU since few weeks…

16. thedicemaster’s avatar

it takes too long to start and to load the game icons.
    it doesn’t work remotely anymore(I now can’t buy ps3 games while watching a movie)
    and they still haven’t fixed a real problem: several games don’t appear for compatible consoles(mostly psp games not appearing on a vita or psp)

1. gunblade’s avatar

noticed the psn when i was on the vita had some psx game was in psp section but that was like before they updated the ps3 psn..

17. mr.sigint’s avatar

It’s a little bit more sophisticated, guess we’re just gonna have to get used to it.

18. spokmoppa’s avatar

Can’t find psone games or mins on new store?

19. Andre104623’s avatar

I love the new store on my hacked ps3 with rebug 4.21.1 thanks sony

20. SofaKing™’s avatar

HATE IT! might be ok if we all had TOUCH SCREENS, trying to be like WINDOWS8, LAGGY, hard to navigate, no option to change views, epic fail that we all have to get used to!

21. oreo’s avatar

I like the interface but the loading time is unbarable, i wish they would of made it quicker to use too. Other wise it looks great!

22. Zimond’s avatar

yeah great :(

takes minutes to load.

23. oO Flowzilla Oo’s avatar

The PS3 has officially been Metrofied. ♪ Dun dun dhum danana nuhhhh ♫ *Pimp My Ride theme song*

24. owanef’s avatar

IM SORRY BUT THIS NEWS SHOULD NOT BE ABOVE THE NEW PS VITA EXPLOIT. THE GAME IS STILL UP FOR DOWNLOADS AND PEOPLE CAN STILL GET IT. The exploit news should be above all news for a while

1. JVC’s avatar

owanef,blind?
      This news is little and is still seen even without touching the mouse to navigate…..

2. Cheesethief’s avatar

The less noticeable, the better. Remember, the more it is plastered everywhere, the faster Sony will hurry with taking it down.

25. CJW’s avatar

I heard a lot of people complainign that it ran slower and was less responsive….I haven’t checked it yet but I am sure $sony will iron out the bugs and perforances issues in the coming weeks.