Vita: Teck4 ports TN’s eCFW to a new game exploit

If you missed both the Ubanix and the Mad blocker alpha exploits, today might be your lucky day. Japanese Developer Teck4 has ported TN’s eCFW to a new game exploit. The game is, as I type this, still available on most stores.

A few weeks ago, developer frostegater announced he was working on a new game exploit in order to bring Total_Noob’s eCFW to even more Vita owner. Sadly, he discovered while working on international versions of the game, that porting his exploits to all locales would not be as easy as expected. Luckily for us, Teck4 also had his own exploit in the work, and was nice enough to share it with the world. Frostegater eventually contributed to this exploit as well, by porting it to the US and EU versions of the game.

The game with the vulnerability is Gravity Crash Portable. In order to run TN’s eCFW through Teck4′s exploit, you will need a legit copy of that game, that you need to purchase online for your Vita on Sony’s PSN. It is available in most stores, but not all of them. If your locale doesn’t have the game and you still want the exploit, it is recommended you create an account in another locale, and buy the appropriate PSN card (for the right store) online.

As for the previous game exploit releases on the Vita, we have gone through a “Ninja” release over the past few weeks in order to let people know about the game a few days before the public announcement. If you’re interested in joining our future Ninja releases, you just need to subscribe to our forum at /talk. On that topic, I might have an article to write about leakers and the sites that blindly let them leak…but on the other hand I am not sure I want to provide free advertising to the sites that jeopardize the scene.

The files for the exploit will be distributed in a few days. In the past, Sony has usually removed exploited games from their stores within 48h, and we have generally released the files after that.

Please note that I haven’t personally tested the JP exploit or its ports to the EU and US versions, but Teck4 and frostegater are both trusted members of the scenes, as well as their testers.

1. marlewuk’s avatar

cant believe ppl were freaking out over a message from “Teck4″.
    1. Anyone could post using a name of their choice – including teck4 (the was a similar post on the frostgater release – probably the same guy pranking).

2. if this were true, there would be an official post from wololo on the site.

Chill out relax, it will be released when its ready.

1. teck4’s avatar

just to point out as an example of how easy it is, i’m replying to my own message as “teck4″.

1. teck4’s avatar

No that was really me….(jk i’m proving it again)

1. E’s avatar

hahahaha This is hilarious and so True! Good job guys! Honestly though, Wololo should consider doing like most mainstream sites do and having legit Profiles where you can edit Profile pic, info, and NOT user name. lol It would decrease chances of things like this continuing to happen. Just one Gamer’s opinion…

1. fgsfds’s avatar

Then you lose potential anonymity, compounded with them being forced to maintain/secure a database of some sort.

2. algorithm’s avatar

funny this is one of the reasons i stopped doing exploits for the jailbreaking community we work our butts off with little to know pay and you have jerks getting mad because we didn’t release the newest jailbreak so they can unlock their phones if you want it unlocked that bad go buy an unlocked phone otherwise wait patiently…… this stuff isn’t easy what takes you guys a few minutes to download and install takes months and months to come up with

2. harimackenzie’s avatar

why do this retarded people keep popping up at this site,demanding they got the right to have the file ASAP while they only been here “transiently”?i say that this people who just keep demanding sh*t will make dev pull out from the scene.just wait patiently for the exploit file,not like you’re the one who do the job,its those dev who does.you guys who keep demanding and use caps is retard,full of yourself,think the world revolve around you guys alone and dev only there to serve you guys and don’t have real life to deal with,sh*t a**ho** and f**king arrogant
    sorry for the foul language,but i watch this post from the post count only one until today it reach almost 700,i see lot of this retard species who demand and i can’t keep silent

1. marlewuk’s avatar

Amen to that!

2. Nick15’s avatar

Because these kids were all raised with a sense of ENTITLEMENT… Because their parents ALWAYS gave them what they wanted, WHEN they wanted it, without teaching them the social skills necessary to handle having to wait for something.

Because these kids think the world revolves around them, and that it starts and stops at their command.

Sorry you little brats, but welcome to the real world. Things don’t happen because you wanted them to. You gotta learn to grow up and wait for things, otherwise you will have a difficult time trying to survive reality when people don’t treat you like the little Prince/Princesses that your parents raised you to be.

1. Addison’s avatar

i’m not that old but old enough to understand patience and the meaning of working for the things you want. while i’ve noticed kids these days are getting smarter with technology (hardware and software), they are getting worse in regard to appreciating things, seeing the true value of something, and overall just taking care of their things.

2. E’s avatar

Sadly our society nowadays has conditioned people to want things NOW. Everyone wants things when they want it, have to get to places faster than anyone else, and get mad when they have to stand in line at a store for 10 minutes. Whatever happened to the good parents (like mine) who trained their kids (sometimes with the belt) to chill the heck out and have patience? Lol Once you realize your whining will not make this process go any quicker, you realize hey, waiting is not so bad. I mean, it is not like they are like a Sony or something who are paid to follow through with their promised releases to the public yet, constantly have delays. THEN you can be a little more frustrated with the wait. These guys are doing this out of the kindness of their hearts and because they love the scene. Do not let them regret it. Patience is a virtue. -Just one Gamer’s Opinion-

3. NTSC’s avatar

The Tension is High ^^

1. Nick15’s avatar

The tension is high only with people who have a sense of entitlement and had demanded that the files be released at their command.

There is no tension for people who know how to wait for things… like anyone who downloaded the exploitable game and won’t be back for the exploit for another three weeks, because they have no problem coming back “whenever” for it.

1. Addison’s avatar

that also separates the adults who have real jobs and the kids who have all the time in the world.

4. Brandondavis071281’s avatar

I WANT THE FILES RAWR!!

1. Nick15’s avatar

And posting that you want them will make the release happen sooner, right??

lol I luv this guy^ [NH]

5. NTSC’s avatar

I guess i will go bed now, let’s hope tomorrow ^_^
    Cya Guys, Goodnight everyone ^_^

6. sony is here’s avatar

Good night

7. Brandondavis071281’s avatar

Will there be cfw for this exploit

8. Brandondavis071281’s avatar

I mean will there be cwcheat for this exploit

9. Houston’s avatar

Itll happen in a few days like wololo said a few is 2 days and that ususally what happens after the release if you dont pay attention to the post and not come here often then your just a stuck up brat that doesnt deserve to even have it. so shut up!

10. Kingskidd268’s avatar

Gravity crash is removed from the Us store.

1. teck4’s avatar

I beleive that it was removed from JP, and EU too.

2. Mr.Flap’s avatar

Nice noticing after 100+ post lol

11. TOMAS RAMIREZ’s avatar

Hola amigos, saludos desde mexico!! Por fin logre hacerme de un juegos exploit, despues de perder urbanix y Mod alpha, a; igual que ustedes estoy impaciente por los archivos, pero espero los liberen pronto, gracias a todos los que hacen posible las hazañas!!

1. Metarortiz’s avatar

tio si no es mucha molestia crees que pueda usar tu cuenta para bajar este juego? se que es mucho pedir pero lo iba a comprar pero cuando puse mi tarjeta de credito no me dejó accederlo, por favor te pido este favor espero que entiendas

12. Metarortiz’s avatar

when will the next one be released :/, can someone lend me their account so i can do this please

1. Mr.Flap’s avatar

I can lend you dez nutz!

1. Mr.Flap’s avatar

Lol……JK

1. Brandondavis071281’s avatar

I LOLED SO HARD

2. E’s avatar

hahahahahahahahahaahahaha +1

2. Addison’s avatar

sorry man. as much as it sucks, you’ll just have to wait for the next one. i know your pain 2/3 of the way as i missed the first two games for this specific exploit. the only thing i can tell you is to constantly check this site… like, 24/7. or register for the ninja release.

13. TuckDezi’s avatar

Im new to the vita scene…. Somehow I Completely Missed The PSP Scene (life!) & I missed the other games just wasnt plugged in i guess playin umvc3 too much & not payin attent so…. Any advice about problems i might run into….. the directions for the others seem str8 enough but i mean come on when does anything go that smooth…. just want to be prepared…. thnx in advance…. oh and im decent with patching apps and tinkering with game code on my own

14. Dat'calm'guy...’s avatar

*sigh* patience it’s all we need…. And love!

1. Dat'calm'guy...’s avatar

No homo

15. owanef’s avatar

for those who missed it, DAM. TIME FOR THE RELEASE OF THE FILES :}

16. AyeGuy’s avatar

Since the game has been removed the files should be released by tomorrow, but then again I am not sure of the release time.

17. thekornerkids’s avatar

if i have a psn account with which i bought and backed-up this game to my computer can i sell it to another ps vita owner and have it work on their system?

1. Thekornerkids’s avatar

Why not? Whats preventing this from being done?

18. c-zero’s avatar

Man, I missed it again….

I didn’t have my Vita with me when the exploit was announced, so I tried using my laptop and Media Go to purchase the game and download it. Little did I know that Media Go doesn’t work with the Vita, and I had to download the game from the Vita itself. By the time I figured it out, it was too late lol.

At least I got a nifty game out of it. From now on, I’m bringing the Vita with me….

1. Jd8531’s avatar

If you bought it, users are reporting that its still available to download via your download history.

1. TuckDezi’s avatar

Its not in mine

2. c-zero’s avatar

I checked the history through the PS Vita and it didn’t show up. I didn’t buy it from the store using the Vita; I used Media Go. So I have a copy of the game for the PSP, but until someone finds a way to format the files for the Vita, it’s pretty much stuck on my PC.

I’m pretty much going to shelve the Vita until I would be able to run CFW on the PS3, so I can remote play my games. That’s all I bought the Vita for anyway.

1. Jd8531’s avatar

I understand that but the purchase should still be on your psn account history regardless where you buy it. But Sony could have removed it from the download history since those reports. I suppose you are out of luck.

1. c-zero’s avatar

Yeah, being out of luck seems to be my M.O. when it comes to the Vita. The purchase did show up on the transaction history, but not in the downloads.

Oh well, at least I like the game, so It’s not a total loss. In the meantime, I’ll just wait for the chance to upgrade the PS3 to CFW from 4.11 OFW.

19. Brandondavis071281’s avatar

Narutodays is my psn name if you want to talk abou the exploit

LOVE the name! :)

20. bewrong’s avatar

there’s already a video out :)where’s the exploit :)

21. Dat'calm'guy...’s avatar

Haven’t done my school project yet… Lol I’m so tired I’ve been up lately this days, the video looks legit!

22. roberto’s avatar

what if the guy who made the video is teck4 O.O

1. oreo’s avatar

I don’t think it is… the guy is a member on the fourms and it a mod I beleive.

23. TheKidder’s avatar

Last.

1. Mr.Flap’s avatar

LETS GO!!!

24. roberto’s avatar

lets get 1000 comments WOOO

25. wait’s avatar

let’s go!

26. oreo’s avatar

LETS GOOOO!

27. Mr.Flap’s avatar

Thats the spirit!!!!

28. Brandondavis071281’s avatar

Will tueexploitlet me play music ingame

1. Brandondavis071281’s avatar

Will the exploit let me play music ingame i mean

1. oreo’s avatar

I found a tool that does that but i don’t know if it works on the vita (its made for the psp).

2. Jd8531’s avatar

Yes you can.

29. Thomas’s avatar

Hi all !! Lets go to 1000 comments!! But i have a question guys, can i play online my purchased games when i do exploit? thanks

1. oreo’s avatar

Probally before they make the update with the patch.

2. DeadPixel99’s avatar

What exactly do you mean? Can you still play your PS Vita games online and have the exploit? YES ….until they make a Vita update then you will have to choose. If you meant can you play your psp backups on your vita online this im not sure about.

1. Mr.Flap’s avatar

Couldnt have said it even better, but ya hes right!

30. PissedOffHacker’s avatar

Sony if ur reading this. FUCK YOU west side for life

31. roberto’s avatar

come on guys 200 more comments!

32. hao53487240’s avatar

I just wait a very long time!

33. Robert’s avatar

I bought gravity crash portable on my PS3 a few days ago and it’s in the bubble on my XMB, I was going to transfer it from my PS3 to my Vota but BAM, It doesn’t work! I go to PS3 to vita – PSP/Other and it says there are no items available. HELP ME!

1. Dante69’s avatar

Should have downloaded it on your Vita instead. That way you can transfer a copy of it to your pc via opencma so you would have a backup copy.

1. Robert’s avatar

Too bad my vita charger broke and my vita was juiced for the last 4 days. DAAAAAAMMIIITTT

34. Robert’s avatar

I’m guessing the PS3 performs a check on the content to see if its on the store, and if it isn’t, they deny you the rights to your games which YOU paid money for. Fuck Sony.

35. Brandondavis071281’s avatar

This will he my first hack on the vita, im not sure its gonna work for me cause my bad luck

1. DeadPixel99’s avatar

You must have “special needs” i swear i just threw up my cheerios.

36. Robert’s avatar

I had MBA Urbanix and This game but for some fucking stupid reason Sony won’t let me transfer these games to my Vita. Ugh.

37. Brandondavis071281’s avatar

Hey when i get it so i just ut tue save data in

1. Mr.Flap’s avatar

IT WILL BE EXplained when the files are released bro!

1. Brandondavis071281’s avatar

Ok mr flap

38. Brandondavis071281’s avatar

He is there cwcheat for this exploit yet

39. Agentdjluis’s avatar

WOOT

1. urdumb’s avatar

stop being dumb

^hahahaha lol

40. Chuck norris’s avatar

I need this exploit

…There…Are…No words. This is hilarious! (using that user name) lol

41. Thomas’s avatar

I need it too bro

42. E’s avatar

The reasons I am waiting so patiently you ask? The thought of finally being able to play DBZ, Naruto, and Bleach HTS 7 on my Vita. :))

#OtakuGamerProblems

1. Chuck norris’s avatar

I love plaing naruto games, waiting for storm 3 right now

43. Chuck norris’s avatar

I cant wait to play naruto impact and dragon ball tag team

1. E’s avatar

Tag Team YES! But Impact? Honestly, I am not much of an Impact fan. I am more of an Ultimate Ninja Heroes kind of guy.

1. Chuck norris’s avatar

Oh i love all the heroes (hero 2 my favorite) including impact, whats wrong with impact?

1. E’s avatar

Idk dude, the graphics quality was just not up to previous games like Heroes. But it is an okay play do not get me wrong, but just because I am a huge Naruto fan in general lol. Akatsuki rising is pretty good too.

1. Chuck norris’s avatar

Ya me too yoi read the manga?

44. Chuck norris’s avatar

CHUCK NORRIS SAYS THE FILES WILL BE RELEASED TOMORROW

1. E’s avatar

^ X’D One thing we CAN always count on is Good ol’ Chuck!

45. Vita Hacker’s avatar

PLEASE SOME BODY MAKE A HACK WHICH DOESNT NEED PSP PSN GAMES TO RUN PSP ISO ON THE PSVITA….AS THE PSN STORE
    HARDLY OPENS OVER AND WE CANT AFFORD TO KEEP BUYING THESE GAMES…

1. E’s avatar

With time, with time, but probably not any time soon. You have to take under consideration the fact that there are so many more obstacles for Devs to overcome with this new Hardware. It is so much more Advanced than the PSP was and has so many more security measures set in place to deter such things (because Devs just ran rampant all over the PSP). So I am confident it will happen, it will just take significantly longer than it did with the PSP as devs get more familiar with the Hardware (just think of how long it even took to get a PARTIAL/non-permanent CFW on the PSP Go & 3000) .

46. carsauce’s avatar

Oh hush,alot of people got this and await for the exploit and we all are thankful, its shows alot of people missed out on the last one.

1. Chuck norris’s avatar

How the fuck you miss this exploit

2. E’s avatar

I know I did, but NOT this time! Huzzah!

1. Chuck norris’s avatar

Hell yea!

47. Chuck norris’s avatar

I missed all the exploits too but i finally got one

1. E’s avatar

It is a good feeling when you FINALLY get one is it not? And now we can join the others in laughing at the people who STILL managed to miss yet another one. Ahh it feels good being on top. lol XD

1. Chuck norris’s avatar

Dude thats the exact same way i feel, sucked going on this site just to find you missed the game

1. E’s avatar

hahah FOR real! All you could do at that point was one of two things: 1) {Facepalm}; 2) D’OH! I chose the former. lol XD

48. Chuck norris’s avatar