Vita: Teck4 ports TN’s eCFW to a new game exploit

If you missed both the Ubanix and the Mad blocker alpha exploits, today might be your lucky day. Japanese Developer Teck4 has ported TN’s eCFW to a new game exploit. The game is, as I type this, still available on most stores.

A few weeks ago, developer frostegater announced he was working on a new game exploit in order to bring Total_Noob’s eCFW to even more Vita owner. Sadly, he discovered while working on international versions of the game, that porting his exploits to all locales would not be as easy as expected. Luckily for us, Teck4 also had his own exploit in the work, and was nice enough to share it with the world. Frostegater eventually contributed to this exploit as well, by porting it to the US and EU versions of the game.

The game with the vulnerability is Gravity Crash Portable. In order to run TN’s eCFW through Teck4′s exploit, you will need a legit copy of that game, that you need to purchase online for your Vita on Sony’s PSN. It is available in most stores, but not all of them. If your locale doesn’t have the game and you still want the exploit, it is recommended you create an account in another locale, and buy the appropriate PSN card (for the right store) online.

As for the previous game exploit releases on the Vita, we have gone through a “Ninja” release over the past few weeks in order to let people know about the game a few days before the public announcement. If you’re interested in joining our future Ninja releases, you just need to subscribe to our forum at /talk. On that topic, I might have an article to write about leakers and the sites that blindly let them leak…but on the other hand I am not sure I want to provide free advertising to the sites that jeopardize the scene.

The files for the exploit will be distributed in a few days. In the past, Sony has usually removed exploited games from their stores within 48h, and we have generally released the files after that.

Please note that I haven’t personally tested the JP exploit or its ports to the EU and US versions, but Teck4 and frostegater are both trusted members of the scenes, as well as their testers.

1. Ass’s avatar

Damn i see it on us store but it wont let me download fuck!!

1. lordnoble’s avatar

Mmmhmm

2. randombullsh*t’s avatar

Gravity crash portable is now down in the US PSN, sorry for the guys who missed it (again!) lol!!! anyways i hope this thing is worth the $10…. :/

3. zac123’s avatar

can u guys please just release the file :( bin waiting for almost 3
    Days lol I apprichate your hard work and hack they be super wicked.
    But please release them today :) I can’t get it then I will be at a
    Kinder garden lol

1. LsLove’s avatar

oh youve been waiting for THREE days, how about the guys who worked for MONTHS, so you can have this. Day and night asking for no money or anything in return. People who demand and beg make these great guys less likely to do stuff, stop being a fucking animal and wait. Like the rest of your life, continue to do nothing and in time your non contributing self will get your damn files. Why are you so entitled, if you want it that bad, theres a bunch of tut’s on how to find and create and exploit. Jesus H Christ, STFU and sit down!!

2. Chrono’s avatar

kids this days…

seriously just wait for it

4. NTSC’s avatar

Good news is the game just keep 47 Mb on my data storage, bad news is it just sucks ^_^, unuseful and horrible crappy game ^_^, but its lovely cuz i can finally play my psp iso again ^_^

1. E’s avatar

I would not call it crappy per-se. I think it is crappy for a $10 price tag but for the file size I would say it would be a great grab if it were free. It is an awesome time killer. Especially the little mini-game Gold grabber or whatever it is called.

1. oreo’s avatar

Yeah i could see it even being like a dollar or two but it it not worth ten….. unless it gives us ECFW haha

1. E’s avatar

hahahaha Truer words have never been spoken haha lol

5. powerman’s avatar

Would I still be able to copy files through content manager after sony releases a firmware ,because in the past the forced me to update and I wan’t able to use the cm not even the open cm on wololo’s website .Thank you Wololo ,Teck 4 and Frostegater for existing in our world withouth you we would be hopeless.

6. strayhearted’s avatar

counting the minutes… ;)

7. NTSC’s avatar

also the seconds…. ^_^

1. E’s avatar

And finally the Milliseconds (^ω^)

8. Sneax673’s avatar

It’s been pulled off the U.S store :(

1. strayhearted’s avatar

yep, pulled off like an hour ago

9. Dara’s avatar

Question: Should I return the PSP Vita (just bought it for exploit) having missed the download??

1. strayhearted’s avatar

nope, totally great console! just get the best games for it (nfs most wanted, uncharted golden abyss, call of duty, resistance, others) and youll be totally fine until the next exploit! ;)

2. jok3r0314’s avatar

yea id say keep it and enjoy the great games that are out now then in the future when another exploit comes out youll be prepared

3. E’s avatar

Definitely keep it. Do not 4get: Assassins Creed and Ninja Gaiden 2 SOLID Vita games. But who buys a $250 console just for ONE exploit? I mean, it is not even a permanent hack yet lol. But who am I to judge? I just spent my last $10 to get a game for an exploit leaving me with $5 for the week. A Gamers life is full of hard decisions. #GamerProblems #HackerProblems But definitely keep it though!

10. strayhearted’s avatar

goddammit guys!!! thank you all so much for making this things possible! (wololo, teck4, frostegater, total_noob’s) but i think you are driving most of us crazy!! the game has been removed from the major psn stores around the world, now we are only waiting for the files like street dogs looking for food… but anyway THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH!!!

1. E’s avatar

Patience my friend, patience. Whining about it will not make it happen any faster. It is actually likely to happen slower by pissing off the people making this happen. They already said it will happen when it happens so go play a game, or get some work done. It will be released in due time. :)

11. ghg_1992’s avatar

patience is all we need

1. Brandondavis071281’s avatar

I haye patients

12. Dilan P’s avatar

Hey @wololo it has been pulled off the store :( but I have bought it during the ninja release. I really would like the files released please! I will do everything I can to help you. My email is parmar.dilan@gmail.com

13. Addison’s avatar

For those of you that say this game sucks, you must be kids still that didnt grow up on these style games. I feel like its worth the 10 bucks. Plenty of content packed into that 47mb

1. DeadPixel99’s avatar

I semi agree with you it is a very cool game i have spent about 2 hours on it now, but i would say its worth like 5$ but since i get the game plus the mod that together make it worth the 10$ :) .

2. Nick15’s avatar

Kids indeed! Just reading the comments here… there are so many kids here who feel they are entitled to these hacks, and the fact that they have to spend TEN WHOLE DOLLARS to get a “crappy” game AND they need to be patient and wait for the exploit seems way too much for them. What a pity; I hope situations like this teach these kids a lesson or two about how the world works, and that life doesn’t revolve around their every WHIM.

3. E’s avatar

I say it is a pretty fun game, definitely a great time killer, but I think the game would be better free. The exploit and other possibilities are what really make it worth the $10 price tag.

14. NTSC’s avatar

Sorry Guys for me this game is SHIT :D

1. strayhearted’s avatar

agreed! :D

15. teck4’s avatar

1. Roberto’s avatar

This is definitely a troll. Disregard it guys

2. jok3r0314’s avatar

release the files and let us see for our selves cause for most of us this game is useless

3. Brandondavis071281’s avatar

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHY I WAS SO FUCK INTO THIS GAME AND INTIISOPATED! I JUST SPENT MONEY ON THIS GAMES GUYS CONE ON! BE SURE BEFORE PEOPLE PUT THERE TRUST IN YOU

4. wololo’s avatar

Not the real teck4. Chill out guys, and give us a bit of time, we all have a real life to deal with. The files are coming.

1. ETphoneHome’s avatar

Thanks for confirming that he is full of it. I almost had an aneurysm for a minute there. Patience is a virtue

2. jok3r0314’s avatar

understandable, and thanks for the update

3. ransidpowerup’s avatar

wololo i think people need to read the forum rules, they do apply here somewhat. just saying…

5. Mr.Flap’s avatar

Watch this video,http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jFR-5MA4Kg
      lol this guy above is obvisouly trolling!!

6. E’s avatar

Hey Fake Tech4, You really are a jerk you know that? I want to punch that Troll in the face. Thank you 4 clearing that up Wololo. I was about to be pisssssed. lol

16. jok3r0314’s avatar

im on the fence i wouldnt call it shit but i wouldnt necessarily spend 10$ if it wasnt for the exploit aspect but hey we all have our own opinions i suppose

17. NTSC’s avatar

People is this a joke ???

18. renato’s avatar

Man, This game is pretty rough. I don’t know if someone here knows but it looks like a game called Subterrania for Mega Drive (Genesis). It had an amazing graphic, sound and so on. i hope i can play it again on my psvita. Eager for the files to come soon.

19. Dan J’s avatar

You telling me I spent $10 on this shitty game for nothing?

1. Chrono’s avatar

And you really believe the troll?

20. teck4’s avatar

And i’m a retard!!

1. jok3r0314’s avatar

this has got to be one twisted joke

1. Roberto’s avatar

It obv is

21. NTSC’s avatar

I wasted 7,99 euro for this fucking shit for anything??? UNBELIEVBLE, Before making people buy this shit game you didnt’test the exploit ???????

22. Teck4’s avatar

Yeah me too @_@

23. Dan J’s avatar

I hope it’s a Joke, I bought a Vita and this bad $10 game yesterday. Waiting for patiently for exploit

1. jok3r0314’s avatar

im sure wololo will inform us that this is a joke so dont let your hopes down

2. E’s avatar

Guys it was just a Troll. Wololo cleared it all up

24. NTSC’s avatar

Me too i bought a vita and this game just after this news ç_ç
    What a hell ç_ç

25. Dara’s avatar

Guys it’s just 10 bucks, it’s nothing. Not to mention I paid for the game but it got removed before it downloaded :(

Thanks Teck4 for update and giving another chance for us

1. Brandondavis071281’s avatar

Just ten bucks? Thats money i could have used for gas

1. Mr.Flap’s avatar

ya for like a quarter of a gallon

1. jok3r0314’s avatar

more like 3 gallons but whos counting

1. E’s avatar

Lol @ Jok3r. And that IS actually money I used instead of getting gas. But it is all good because it was just a Troll

2. jok3r0314’s avatar

im still waiting on an official word from wololo. not taking any others word for it, and to say its only “10 dollars” is an understatement cause for that same 10$ i could enjoy plenty of other games… final fantasy 9 for example, is a better 10$ game but thats just my opinion

3. Dan J’s avatar

$10 is nothing, I just really wanna run my old ISO on the Vita. Hopefully it’s a joke and we are awaiting the exploit files

26. To Dara’s avatar

Just 10 bucks? u must be trolling… since someone already posted an youtube video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jFR-5MA4Kg), we’ll wait for news! But for u my friend, u can still download the game after the new vita ofw! So dont QQ about it!

27. Brandondavis071281’s avatar

I just mad aw hell cause when i finally get the game after countless misses its fuck corrupted

28. To Dara’s avatar

And teck 4 doesnt update comments like someone just randomly did before!!!!!

1. Roberto’s avatar

Exactly,^ this dude knows what’s up
      Although I am suspicious because you have the same icon as the second guy who posted as teck4…hmm

29. NTSC’s avatar

Yeah,with that money i could buy something else, and also i hate that game, i really feel shit now :(

1. jok3r0314’s avatar

just wait for an offical word from wololo

30. ransidpowerup’s avatar

so if the exploit don’t work, then how has this guy got it working?
    (if link dont work just search PS Vita: Gravity Crash exploit for firmware 1.81 on youtube)
    just saying? seems like he has everything in order. should never trust a comment? until a proper post release. well that’s what i do.

31. Dan J’s avatar

This community fascinates me! And I love it!

The game is down in All major stores I feel like the exploit is just around the corner.

All my old ISOs are just a few files away from running on my new Vita!

32. Roberto’s avatar

It’s amazing how mad people can get from a troll comment though. Well, at least were getting closer to 1000 comments! Yeah!

33. To Dara’s avatar

Ye, it was me, so u can see how easy it is for some of us get mislead! Just chill.. Even if that was Teck4, wololo would have prefered to update info on forums, not writting coments here! Ok?

1. jok3r0314’s avatar

still not cool ….funny…but not cool

1. To Dara’s avatar

Wait! i didnt write :”First of all ,I don’t want to cause any panic but I have bad news for you.Unfortunately we won’t be able to deliver the exploit files to public ,we have encounter files that are corrupted .Therefore,the exploit is useless and we can’t make it work it out.However,the base of the exploit is in good condition meaning that we can still work out a new exploit we found in games like God of war Ghost of sparta ,Gta vice city ,metal slug anthology and other games that we will be announcing .The process will take us just one more day and If money is the matter you guys can’t get acces to any of these games we will find a better resolution .Thank you guys for understanding and your support ,we will be giving you a feedback on the new exploit.”

I just said: ”and i’m a retard”. Dont want no misunderstanding!

1. jok3r0314’s avatar

oh ok cool thanks for the clarification

1. To Dara’s avatar

No problem m8 ;)

34. Roberto’s avatar

I’m sitting here wondering if wololo is just chuckling at all of this. What if he posted that comment? Lol

1. jok3r0314’s avatar

he posted telling everyone that it was not real and that they are working on the release so no worries

35. NTSC’s avatar

Very Funny……Very Very Funny -_-

36. ransidpowerup’s avatar

just saying? don’t trusted members get the release first days even weeks before public release? surely they would of been trusted members testing it out checking for bugs in the trusted circles in the scenes? people need to think logically? just saying.. agree if you think the same

1. To Dara’s avatar

Agreed! Thumbs up for that..

2. jok3r0314’s avatar

very logical thinking

37. Brandondavis071281’s avatar

Shit i was mad as hell

1. To Dara’s avatar

Just chill m8!

38. Brandondavis071281’s avatar

Im good its just i missed all three exploits and i will be mad as hell if the one i get was just corrupted

1. To Dara’s avatar

So u missed two.. Not the end of the world :D Lets be patient..

2. ransidpowerup’s avatar

Im the same as you my friend, im new to the vita scene (Not psp tho) but you need to think logically, even though these devs are doing this for non-profit they still have a reputation. They wouldn’t publicly release the name of a game that has an exploit tell thousands of people to buy it in time, wait till you cant no more and then say.. whoops no it don’t work.. people would start to hate lol! and as always … just saying haha

1. jok3r0314’s avatar

but what if some of those people thought it to be true and lets say they figured to delete the game then where would they be? shit out of luck for what? a laugh and a chuckle? some people should be a bit more considerate before posting things like that, now im just saying

1. ransidpowerup’s avatar

That is true, but then you need think. Should those people be even doing this? If they simply jump at the first sign of a problem then this scene is definitely not for them.
          Its like iPhone jailbreaks, they are luxuries and shouldn’t be taken for granted.
          -Ransidpowerup… just saying

2. Brandondavis071281’s avatar

I guess you right i hacked the shit out my psp, but i soon sold it to get a psvita so its been one of myo dreams to jack the shit out of this too lol (i know, its a nice story bro)

1. E’s avatar

That is why you own 5 PSPs so you can hack multiple and if you have 2 sell one you still have more. ;) lol

39. strayhearted’s avatar

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE RELEASE THE FILES I DONT HAVE MUCH TIME LEFT!!! :’( THANK YOU BY THE WAAY!!

1. jok3r0314’s avatar

just have to wait not much we can do

2. Nick15’s avatar

You’re just gonna have to wait for it like everyone else.

40. TuckDezi’s avatar

Will I Have Any Probs Doing This On A Mac?

1. Addison’s avatar

I think you should be good. From the instructions i see and followe this far i havent had any problems. However if youre looking foward to running psp isos then youll need a pc or at least boot camp running windows.

1. CommitChange’s avatar

Why would he need a PC?

1. Addison’s avatar

I was under the impression that some of the process to get isos you need windows. To be honest thats just what i read so i could be mistaken.

2. TuckDezi’s avatar

thnx not concerned with ISOs just Emulators I Wanna Play Killer Instinct lol

41. Dan J’s avatar

I have been waitin for the White PS Vita and the Exploit since launch. All it’s all coming together today! The Game is down and now I can’t wait for the files! You guys rock!

1. Nick15’s avatar

I like your attitude! … I bought the Vita just to have fun (and because usually the First Gen units are the earliest/easiest/quickest to get hacked… relatively speaking). I don’t care how long it’ll take for it to happen, so long as it happens… because I know how time consuming it is to do something like (de)programming all for fun. The fact that they’re doing it is worth it in-of-itself!

42. Brandondavis071281’s avatar

“Jepardy music”

1. Nick15’s avatar

Y’know how in Jeopardy, the contestants are patient and wait for the song to end BEFORE they share their Questions and Amounts?

43. Brandondavis071281’s avatar

Cough

44. CommitChange’s avatar

Hopefully these come out within six hours because Halo 4 hits at midnight and I would have bought this exploit two weeks ago for nothing haha :p nice work guys, this “scene” isn’t half bad even though it’s just psp stuff.

1. ransidpowerup’s avatar

Yeah well in the UK right not its 23:11 i have to be at my local blockbuster for 24:00 so i gotter run in a few mins for an annoying walk to town but it’ll be worth it to past the time :)
      -Ransidpowerup..just saying

1. CommitChange’s avatar

Is that your gamertag? You’re lucky, I’ve still got a looooong time to wait haha

1. ransidpowerup’s avatar

haha its “poleanator” (no qoutes) >< long story
          -Ransidpowerup…just saying

45. Brandondavis071281’s avatar

Im on my vita on thiis site

1. jok3r0314’s avatar

i was on my pc my phone and my vita throughout the day

46. NTSC’s avatar

yeah just psp stuff but i wanna play at photokano tonight ^_^

1. Nick15’s avatar

You’re just gonna have to do what everyone else is doing and be patient.

1. oreo’s avatar

I hope we only have to wait a little longer….it’s been over a week now

1. Nick15’s avatar

…four days is “over a week”?

You’re just gonna have to wait as long as you need to wait. I mean, what, is being patient going to KILL you?? I don’t get why people here make it sound like their thumbs are being broke…?

1. oreo’s avatar

No it’s been over a week, i got the ninja release…. and i didn’t mean it to sound like i’m desperate….i was just saying i hope i don’t have to wait much longer.

2. Nick15’s avatar

Yeah but, sure other exploits have been around for more than a week… but that’s the thing: is having to wait two weeks, a month, two months, six months, etc THAT difficult for people here? I just don’t seem to understand why people would have such a problem with waiting for anything….

2. wololo’s avatar

The game was announced publicly 3 days ago. Seems your weeks are awefully short.

47. jok3r0314’s avatar

700 comments later lol

48. Brandondavis071281’s avatar

I hope they release the files by tommorow

1. oreo’s avatar

I wonder if the old TN files work i mean they are baised off of them….

2. Nick15’s avatar

And if the files AREN’T released, then what?

I personally don’t care if they’re released until a month’s time. I’d like to think it may teach people how to be patient…. but I doubt it will.

49. plz i wanna be fucked’s avatar

first you guys complain about getting a new exploit and now yall complaining about releasing the files. dammnn be patience and it will come.

1. Nick15’s avatar

EXACTLY.

It’s like people have the attitude of “fulfill the completely unrealistic anticipations that I created without warrant or rationality, OR ELSE”… otherwise, why else would people say “They’d better be released soon!” or “I’ve had to wait over a week for this!”

And that’s the thing: what is all these kid’s “OR ELSE?” should the files not be released when they demand? Will they “quit the scene”? Will they “stop supporting wololo and co.”? What can they threaten that would have any significant weight to it??

50. Dan J’s avatar

I have collected over 75 ISOs over the years and I am so happy that someone found the exploit and that we are hours ( prob days ) away from being able to play them on my New Vita!

Can’t wait to play games like StarWars Force unleashed and Battlefront PSP titles, Dragonball Z PSP games! Yay for this site and it’s community! All hail PSP Gods

1. E’s avatar

Um Star Wars? DBZ? AGREED!!! haha ;D I am also looking forward to playing Naruto and Bleach HTS 7

· 1 · · 6 · 7 · 8 · 9 · 10 ·