The reason to own a Vita this year

Don’t have a reason to own a PlayStation Vita? Well, now you do because the new Assassins Creed: Liberation trailer is absolutely jaw dropping, you’ll be completely blown away. Check it out below.

The new story line trailer for Assassins Creed: Liberation that was just released is astounding. The trailer shows off fluid animation, beautiful graphics and talented voice acting as well as a special guest appearance. The game looks like something of a huge console blockbuster, and the fact that its portable is something else. The vast open world shown off in the trailer is something to applaud. Assassins creed alone is a sole reason to have a PlayStation Vita. If this is a glimpse of the quality games to come, then I am beyond excited . Furthermore if the PlayStation Vita keeps this up with the next big releases of this year then we will sure have a console that wont collect dust. In addition there are still a ton of unannounced games to come, hopefully Sony can fill the requests of fans and get Grand Theft Auto V and Borderlands 2 on the Vita next year. Check out the trailer for October 30ths Assassins Creed: Liberation in its entirety below:

1. gunblade’s avatar

cant wait fo game relase but getting mines da first i think

1. nobody’s avatar

i heard rumors about sony having retail games released on october 30 to include day 1 patch same for the psn version for the new firmware they will release on october 30….source said every major game release there will now be a firmware update…..

now we get this firmware updates unneccessarily because of this vita exploits

1. sdfsdf’s avatar

Vita have 4core CPU
        it have iPads 3/3s 4core GPU,
        it have 512mb ram

1. Rob’s avatar

what? Wololo, you need to do something about idiots in your comment section.

1. Cheese9k’s avatar

LOL xD

2. gunblade’s avatar

Yea idk sony reslse pointless firmware before n they still didnt fix the vita webbrosers yet. yea da vita youtube app can pla video but i was like i would like to watch outher movie site but even da sype app n da music unlimited app u have to pay for to realy use them n they 3g data plans is not that good at the moment but yea if they were to realse updates they could also work on dea apps but if they was to have an update i would like them to work on things n not just have patched the firmware.

2. lol’s avatar

Dats mah nicca

1. poop’s avatar

Nuggga james!

2. gunblade’s avatar

i like how sony realse like speacial editin to ps3 game well differnt tittle games but running on da same plot to da story line.. like the resistence burning sky.. but still dea cross over games r prety good..

1. dnoshubz’s avatar

My god man, your posts are painful to read. Quit posting from your parents basement and go to school so you can communicate properly.

1. gunblade’s avatar

Wy wea u fom u make like ur english is perfect

2. gunblade’s avatar

Wat do u mean

3. gunblade’s avatar

Wy wats samater or u okay i get hard time undersatnd ur in pain wat mean do i realy have to get out hea do i from wainting fo jew game jus try talkng abou stuff did no hell was doing sumthing bad jus came hea fotalk ps vita

4. gunblade’s avatar

ur right do no reason for me to be hear..(not like da dev care if i was hea or day do idk seems like i talk to much about worthless thing i since da mad blocker havent been welcome hea any way so does sound like its pointless)

1. gunblade’s avatar

but i best stop so have a great day

3. NinjaKakashi’s avatar

As long as the game is long whilst looking and playing good then it is fine but if it is just a short game like many psp games ended out to be then I will be pissed but either way my psvita will never collect dust as I am a metal gear solid fan

1. gunblade’s avatar

yeah resistenace bs was real short da boss was fun beated it in dificult yet n not only yet tryied online.still yet to finish the rest of my vita games…online mutiplayer would be fun on da vita but we would need antn n unlimited data plan…

4. Darkanubis74’s avatar

Looks good, Not a big AC fan though.

5. Keneth’s avatar

Meh Not my kind of game Pass on this one Would love for GTA on PS VITA tho lol…

1. Fabian’s avatar

yes! I hope GTA gets released in PS Vita :/

6. wololo’s avatar

Pretty excited about this one. A colleague of mine bought it, so I might borrow it from him… I never played any of the Previous Assassin’s Creed either, might buy them sometime soon.

1. Jd8531’s avatar

They’re really good and I highly recommend them. The way they blend real history and conspiracies makes for a really unique experience. You actually learn things from the games.

2. gunblade’s avatar

playing brotherhood now try number 2 i think prety werd plot to it.. i like da matrix sense i guess.. but havent played as a gurl yet but got to have lke a lil guild of assassin in brother hood. but brother hood came wit the ps3 i think its a 320 slim 1b its say 250 ib..

7. owanef’s avatar

Thats my girl, she got sent back in time, Nooo

1. gunblade’s avatar

Wea she go do wat.

8. Mr MaGoo’s avatar

I hope that there will be a way yo keep the exploit along with the game. Last thing u need is a silent update

1. Ukdna’s avatar

Buy the hard copy? Surely they won’t be able to include and update on them in the next 10 days. Can they?

9. Ukdna’s avatar

Franchise… So… Boring… Must have… More color. And… Non-repetitive game play!!!

…gasp…

1. Jd8531’s avatar

The game isn’t out yet and unless you play AC 24/7 it shouldn’t be repetitive. There looks like a ton of color in the trailer.

1. Ukdna’s avatar

I value your opinion

1. poop’s avatar

I agree man assassins creed is over rated. Some ppl love it but dawg its boring shiz

2. gunblade’s avatar

yea da animus is a prety werd trip..

10. Bromanbro’s avatar

A – All the AC2 era games were great. The first AC was the only short game in the series. Therefore, I’m expecting (hoping) for ~20 hours from this
    B – Looking forward to it! Hoping it’s as good as AC3, so that I can justify getting both

C – PERSONA 4 GOLDEN! DO NOT FORGET!

11. Kouri’s avatar

This? No. My reason for a Vita this year is DJ Max Technika Tune.

Though I did pre-order the Assassin’s Creed bundle to get a matching white Vita, so I might as well give it a shot. >->

1. gunblade’s avatar

did u get da 10 daller disount on the replica from gamestop was wanting to get it fo dat..

12. Charls’s avatar

Probably gta v its going to have croosbuy you buy it for ps3 and take it free for psvita that is just a rumor but hope this came true

1. gunblade’s avatar

hope its cheaper den the liberation gold ubt if its a dwnl i was thinkg wont sony loose in a small sense since if i only had i ps3 n my vita already had the game card da dwnl would be jus extra on my vita unless they have were da ps3 n vita game r like under 70 dallers think spending not as much as one would for a ps3 game

1. trey’s avatar

*it’s*then*but*download*thinking*won’t*lose*and*the*download*just*the*are*dollars. Please learn how to communicate with proper english. It doesn’t make you look cooler to spell everything wrong.

2. Rowan’s avatar

a GTA game would help the vita

13. gunblade’s avatar

n wanting on da vita god of war n skyrim

14. deckardbr’s avatar

This looks amazing! But what if there is a firmware update required and we have to give up cfw to play it? Hard choice there.

15. gunblade’s avatar

Idk wat a choice dough if i was getting da white bundle i wouldent worry. N i would ask sony to hurry wit the game library but they was jus hacked. Well sum time ago. So they probly busy but still a bunch of games people have yet to play on da vita from alot of the early sony gaming systems nice thks sony fo da vita been hearing things of wat u put it to her it into orisi.

16. Just Gaming’s avatar

Thats not a good reason to buy a Vita. Persona 4 the Golden is a good reason to buy the Vita.

17. xchu’s avatar

Really hope this is a full version just like the other consoles versions and not a cut down version like Lego batman 2 was, saw friend play LB2 on the ps3 so I ran to buy it for vita and was disappointed :(

18. svenn’s avatar

borderlands 2, is highly doubtfull … GTA i haven’t heard eather, so i fear. This looks like a nice game, but i’m not really a fan… So no Vita for me still :)

1. Jd8531’s avatar

The creators of Borderlands are pushing Sony, they want it come out next year. They said they just need a little help.

19. khosro’s avatar

when we the name relaese?

20. ASH’s avatar

I too hope this game isn’t short, I want to spend some time with it. I played it at comic con, and It’s amazing! Can’t wait!

I’m doing a giveaway for the bundle, feel free to enter http://youtu.be/h604_-XhVOg

21. ace’s avatar

wish this game doesnt do a force update, looking on getting this for sure on launch day but do not want to lose my TN-B, fingers crossed we will be able to play with 1.81 fw and nothing higher till sony decide some new way to make us force update,

22. Darenvy’s avatar

excuse me while I change my pants

23. jolu64’s avatar

wait so if I buy this game and I have eCFW will I be able to play it without updating or will it force me to update first before I could play the game?

1. Jd8531’s avatar

For now the answer is yes you can have both, but there is no way to tell until the game actually comes out. It shouldn’t though.

24. Cercata’s avatar

This is only marketing at the moment.

We will see how log the game really is, and how big the world is on october 31 ;)

If it’s what expected, it would be a trap for me, i’d buy a Vita I guess !!!

25. PSVitality’s avatar

This game is gonna be awesome
    Now watch sony torture the hackers by requiring an update to play the game which would patch the tn cef

26. BuzzSaw’s avatar

IT’S A TRAP!

27. Inferno’s avatar

Gta?,Assasins Creed?,come on,dont tell me you have never played parasite eve,rockman x,mk9,marvel vs capcom 3,splatterhouse sega genesis,mega turrican,contra hard corps,the house of the dead dreamcast,skies of arcadia those are the great games,i hate ASC and of course gta and cs,when the kids were playing those i was playing kof,ki gold,re2,castlevania,they say,wow!!!,those are great games,have you ever played gta?,i said,yes i tested over 5 minutes and then deleted from my pc and bought Guilty gears xx reload.

1. Inferno’s avatar

My reason to get the vita was,umvc3,mk9,little big planet,sh and rpg games.

28. Mars’s avatar

I’ll take Persona 4 Golden over this game any day.

29. gunblade’s avatar

think if sony upgrades dea data plan online portable gaming should be fun

30. gunblade’s avatar

den can play mw3 online in da bus to downtown.. or da mall.

31. WizardinBlack’s avatar

hell yeah, i preordered the game a while back wih high hopes and i am really excited about it! i will probably post some sort of review and some screen shots for you guys! also, i played the ps all stars game and i think its a lot of fun.

32. xoxid’s avatar

I actually tested this game a couple of month ago. The graphic are really stunning. I just hope they fixed the lag with the right joystick, the version I played had a nearly 0.5s delay on the right stick, making it hard to play.

33. Norml’s avatar

Same game just on a handheld, this series became ruined after the first one.

I’ll get it once it’s $20.

1. Roland’s avatar

Wait what?
      They are 2 completely different games…
      Sure the gameplay and controls may be similar but the story and certain gameplay features will be completely different…

34. SupahLeecha’s avatar

Exclusive for vita is the best release would be.
    If Sony would release some more of this exclusive for vita, surely I would buy a 2 more consoles for my brother and sister.

35. Roland’s avatar

I’m so buying 2 copies of this game! (1 for the g/f who now loves AC thanks to me ;-p)
    Even if I have to update f/w and lose Urbanix it’ll be the only time I’d be happy I can’t play Wagic. (or rather it’d be worth it…)

36. gunblade’s avatar

Hope it has online play

37. Just Gaming’s avatar

Who the hell would pick this over Persona 4 the Golden?

38. CJW’s avatar

I hope this game lives up to expectations….the preview video look great but I take that with a grain of salt.

I would say there are plenty of good reasons/games to own a vita for…..the biggest hurtle for many is either price point, or do they want a stand alone handheld gaming system any longer with the advancements being made in mobile phones and gaming. I for one don’t consider my iphone 4 or ipad 2 to be that great of a gaming device, especially if you like real games with real game controls.

Here are my best reasons to own a vita:

1. Ucharted: I don’t know why this game didn’t rate 90+ on everyones charts. It is as good as the PS3 ones, and is a little shorter, but still it is awesome, plus now you can get it used for under $30…still the best game IMO to date

2. MGS: Two great games remade to perfection on the handheld. I only wish they had included Peace Walker or atleast a code to download the PSP version for free on PSN. Thanks to CFW I am playing the PSP version now so screw you $ony

3. Rayman….I know this version had less content than its big brothers, but still an excellent game, an excellent old skool style platform and perfectly suited to a handheld.

4. Gravity Rush…..A strange game but cool cell shaded grafx and fun play mechanics.

5. Numerous PSP titles that play and look much better on the Vita. If you purchased a lot of PSP content on PSN then it is well worth it to redownload to Vita, play with new 2nd analogue config and enjoy some good stuff again.

6. PSX compatibility, same thing, if you bought them on PSN already they play and look better on Vita.

7.Pretty decent web and youtube clients. Not as good as an Ipad but better than an ipod/iphone. If I could cache/download videos with youtube client that would be balls.

8. Nice Video player. I wish it supported more codecs, but the screen is awesome and for stuff you purchase from PSN it looks great.

9. Vhbl and CFW……It is the old tug of war in that do you want PSN and Sony Store or do you want the ability to do homebrew and play PSP games you already paid for on UMD. I am currently on 1.8 using MHFU and loving the CFW, upgraded my MS to 16gb just so I could have more content on hand. Peacewalker, Ratchet Size, Jean D Arc, Soul Cal all look and play awesome. I wish we could get some type of PSN poxy/spoofer so I could have best of both worlds.

10. The new bundles with AC Liberation and COD are only going to be $250 and you get a 4gb stick and a game. Hopefully this helps the Xmas sales….I sure hope AC doesn’t require me to update my firmware or else I won’t by it until a new exlpoit game is released!

Thanks to Wolo and everyone else on the seen…Vita is getting better and for those that enjoyed the PSP it is well worth the purchase!

39. Scousetomo’s avatar

My writing and spelling is awfull but some of these comments are like trying to read martian i know you think your street and hip but you sound a bit retarded

40. Codestorm’s avatar

I thought you said earlier that there are too many ports and it’s bad for the PS Vita, and now you’re asking for more ports. What’s up with that?

1. Jd8531’s avatar

If you were referring to me, yes I believe there are, mostly franchise ports and not new IPs but it never hurts for more games then what we have. GTA V/ B2 do not have to be ports they could be entirely different spin offs like we’ve seen with Borderlands 2 IOS for example.

1. Jd8531’s avatar

“hopefully Sony can fill the requests of fans” that means something fans want thatll make them happy.

41. gunblade’s avatar

just went on psn seen strret fighter vs tekken might get to or a shooter when i get assassin creed