Release: Unofficial Open CMA R4.5

Open CMA version R 4.5 makes it easier to install and use as well as fixes and optimizes for older operating systems. This Version has also been tested to work on all Vita Firmwares.

This Version is built on Virtuous Flame’s OpenCMA; This is unofficial as it is not by VF. Credit goes to him however for his dedicated hardwork and amazing talent on OCMA. This R4.5 Version & Tutorial is by myself (Jd8531)
Download link: http://wololo.net/downloads/index.php/download/1252

What is Open CMA?
Open CMA is the content manager to copy files to the Vita and back but without any internet connection unlike the official Sony CMA. It will also not sneak a patch or do a forced firmware update on your device if one comes out and it will not send any data to Sony or their servers about whats being copied, edited, and transferred. Open CMA also does not collect data regarding crashes.
In General it:
1. Allows offline transfers on either PC or Vita.
2. Allows lower firmwares to transfer.
3. Disallow the sending of information to Sony.
4. No contact to Sony’s servers.
5. Opencma prevents cma from auto updates.
6. It also allows you to transfer anything black listed, it doesn’t check their servers before you copy to mainly see if it’s on the PSN.

ChangeLog
———————————————-
-Easier to Install and Setup
-Optimization for Windows XP (There still may be some issues, XP is outdated and its recommended to use this on Windows Vista, Windows 7 & 8)
-Freezes and Bugs during install

Instructions
————————————————
1. If you have any type of open CMA already go to where it is installed and delete all of the contents inside
2. If you do not have any CMA or have deleted the contents from step 1 make sure your file structure is correct
Should be something like this (C:\Program Files\Sony\Content Manager Assistant)
3. Inside the Content Manager Assistant folder extract all of the contents of r4.5 into the folder.
4. Run setdll.exe
5. Run run.bat
6. Thats it enjoy! You can create a shortcut of CMA.exe to your desktop for fast launch.

General Troubleshooting
—————————————————
If you still have issues after r4.5
-Try to reboot the PsVita
-Run steps 5 and 6 in Admin mode
-Replace the psp2-update.xml with a specific one for where you live

US: http://www.mediafire.com/?8v8kf91h5kjx2nr
UK: http://www.mediafire.com/?gwyky82s2jwlfy5
EU: http://www.mediafire.com/?x8epwbv6l25amq6
JP: http://www.mediafire.com/?8v8kf91h5kjx2nr
AU: http://www.mediafire.com/?gna6fs6f9f9o41j
SA: http://www.mediafire.com/?8hfohuwhc1wsho6

Special Notes and Comments
——————————–

• Its recommended that you use open CMA with vhbl or eCFW TN.
  • Special Thanks to ind3x-gosu and Cheestheif for the XML region edits :)
  1. geopis’s avatar

nice work!!!

1. awolkiller6554’s avatar

1. JMQMOfficials’s avatar

Reply to get 1st lmfao

1. awolkiller6554’s avatar

no was just replying to make sure everyone knows that geopis got first :D

1. trecenters’s avatar

having conversations about post count again….

2. BuzzSaw’s avatar

“First” comments should be considered spam and deleted.

3. t’s avatar

people who comment on how they got it first should be banned then shot

2. godofdark’s avatar

2. rafael707’s avatar

ill wait and see what people say about the Revision, VF r3 works fine..

1. HIMFan’s avatar

It works just fine. GET OFF YO’ HIGH HORSE

1. Rafael707’s avatar

Haha…

3. Venjo’s avatar

Help i cant even install my ps vita in my pc windows xp service pack 2.It has an error like this “AN ERROR OCCURED DURING THE INSTALLATION OF THE DEVICE A SERVICER INSTALLATION SECTION IN THIS INF IS INVALID”

Ps vita type b.

During MTP INSTALLATION…..

Pls help guys .

4. mgolany’s avatar

I’m on 1.81 can I hack my vita so I can get all of my psp iso’s on with this?

1. Jd8531’s avatar

No this isn’t a tool to hack your vita.

1. mgolany’s avatar

So what can I do with this? I just got a vita last week on ebay it’s on 1.81 I guess I’m too late to hack it now?

1. Chrono’s avatar

dude there’s a description above

1. McLoven’s avatar

If there was a like button on Chrono’s reply I would hit that…No Homo :)

5. Catherine’s avatar

Wow.. I wasn’t even aware that CMA did all of those things. Thank you for the release!

6. venjo’s avatar

Ps vita type b.

During MTP INSTALLATION…..

Pls help guys .

7. owanef’s avatar

is it now possible to transfer psp demos to this system.

8. riowzl’s avatar

hey wololo, when will you (or someone else) develop the Open CMA for mac. it’s kinda headache to boot my VMware every time transfer/backup something. Also I checked the Charles bypass way, unfortunately that stopped working long before…

Any alternative/tricks/mod CMA would be greatly appreciated!

1. wololo’s avatar

I think Dridri is still working on a full alternative to openCMA, but is looking for much more beta testers and much more feedback to keep making progress.
      As far as I’m concerned, I don’t own any Apple product, so I can’t really help with this :(

1. Jd8531’s avatar

I too would help develop one for OSX but I dont own an Apple product other than an iPhone, sorry :/ Last I heard there was a beta being worked on, if I hear anything Ill let you know. I also might get the new imac when its out so there’s that.

1. HIMFan’s avatar

Just use Bootcamp and install Windows. Or run VMWare, Macs always have the upperhand when there are programs that are exclusively for PC.

1. Ukdna’s avatar

Textbook rationalization statement. Defense mechanism ahoy!

2. marx’s avatar

wololo i use it once but unfortunately i cant use it at a second time… it says please connect to internet to use content manager…

2. Crayotic Games’s avatar

Hi riowzl, I could help you out tremendously with this as I’m typing this from a mac. The easiest thing to do would be to dual boot windows 7 alongside your mac osx. It took me a week to get this sorted out properly, but I can get you up and running in mere minutes by eliminating all the headaches for you. If your interested feel free to send a private message to crayoticgames. Having windows on your mac honestly gives you the best of both worlds, and makes life much easier in these kind of circumstances.

9. ndh777’s avatar

Thanks dude! Been waiting for a new OCMA.

10. SupahLeecha’s avatar

Thanx for another masterpiece. I feel my vita is having a value now. Maybe I’ll donate something to redcross later.

1. Jd8531’s avatar

That would be incredible. Even the smallest amount can make those less fortunate go a long way :)

11. SSJ-Vita’s avatar

Wololo I have a question for ya, I am comfortable with my 1.80 MHFU and am curious since zero online interaction occurs between $ony and the machine I purchased and own, if this is a required download for me. Basically it sums down to, is it something I could find myself having and not needing as opposed to needing and not having, or the other way around? Also best of luck to alternative kernel access “and beyond” productions from all you “devoted” skilled devs. I just wanna add real fast- I’m not into getting free vita games…..I just want my weather.com/ *browser*-youtube to stream live action results. I really hope in the future that the entire $ony lack of effort firmware can be replaced with like, at least windows or something of computer likeness. I freaking hate apps, apps only castrate internet interactions, and by doing so is pointless to own ANYTHING portable. For me it’s like, if a portable can’t do what a desktop can, it’s a wannabe portable, and should be labelled a poser device.

1. wololo’s avatar

As long as you don’t have any problems copying files to and from your vita for now, I would say this update is not required for you.

I feel your pain about the vita being a “poser” device, same story here :)

12. Crimson’s avatar

Things that are blacklisted? Meaning? O_o

1. Jd8531’s avatar

Meaning things told by Sonys servers to not copy, or items you have backed up or want to back up but was removed from PSN. Official CMA checks those things.

1. Crimson’s avatar

I see. Thanks for the reply =D

13. prinsr’s avatar

Its awesome that u include South Africa in everything you do, thank you so much for all yourhardwork keep it up ∞ur the man∞

1. McLoven’s avatar

don’t worry Prinsr, they gotz our backs

14. l.o’s avatar

When I try to transfer files to my second user device seems to me you have to be the owner of the file sorry about my english

1. Jd8531’s avatar

You cant unless that device is activated and tied to the same account as the content was bought with

15. venjo’s avatar

help me!!! my PC windows xp sp2 didnt recognise my VITA what shall i do?! pls helllpp!

16. l.o’s avatar

When I try to transfer files from one user to another it seems to me you have to be the owner of the file what to do?
    sorry about my english

17. Gadrastus’s avatar

I’ll update this later. Thanks for another solid release though!

18. Domingo’s avatar

ERROR: The process “CMA.exe” not found.
    ERROR: The process “CMADownloader.exe” not found.
    Adding opencma.dll to binary files.

Are these errors normal when installing OpenCMA?

1. wololo’s avatar

No. You need to have installed CMA before (and copy Open CMA in the same directory), it seems that’s not the case here.

1. Domingo’s avatar

Weird , I did have it installed. It does work without internet connection though. Should I uninstall everything and try again?

1. McLoven’s avatar

I get that exact same errors… followed by many others, and this isn’t my 1st openCMA, what can I do?

2. McLoven’s avatar

These are my errors:

ERROR: The process “CMA.exe” not found.
        ERROR: The process “CMADownloader.exe” not found.
        Adding opencma.dll to binary files.
        CMA.exe:
        SETUPAPI.dll -> SETUPAPI.dll
        VERSION.dll -> VERSION.dll
        gdiplus.dll -> gdiplus.dll
        Warning: Couldn’t delete CMA.exe~: 5
        Error: Couldn’t back up CMA.exe to CMA.exe~: 5
        Error: Couldn’t install CMA.exe# as CMA.exe: 183
        Adding opencma.dll to binary files.
        CMADownloader.exe:
        ole32.dll -> ole32.dll
        WS2_32.dll -> WS2_32.dll
        IPHLPAPI.DLL -> IPHLPAPI.DLL
        Warning: Couldn’t delete CMADownloader.exe~: 5
        Error: Couldn’t back up CMADownloader.exe to CMADownloader.exe~: 5
        Error: Couldn’t install CMADownloader.exe# as CMADownloader.exe: 183
        Adding opencma.dll to binary files.
        CMANPLib.dll:
        opencma.dll
        WININET.dll -> WININET.dll
        KERNEL32.dll -> KERNEL32.dll
        ADVAPI32.dll -> ADVAPI32.dll
        MSVCP90.dll -> MSVCP90.dll
        MSVCR90.dll -> MSVCR90.dll
        IPHLPAPI.DLL -> IPHLPAPI.DLL
        SHLWAPI.dll -> SHLWAPI.dll
        Warning: Couldn’t delete CMANPLib.dll~: 5
        Error: Couldn’t back up CMANPLib.dll to CMANPLib.dll~: 5
        Error: Couldn’t install CMANPLib.dll# as CMANPLib.dll: 183
        Press any key to continue . . .

sorry for my long comment

3. McLoven’s avatar

Okey, mine seems to work fine even with the errors, sorry for all the replies and what what

1. Jd8531’s avatar

If you get errors its fine, just make sure to delete everything of the previous CMA (Open or Official) and freshly ONLY just use whats included with the download. As long as you are able to use it offline everything is fine.

19. bobby’s avatar

hi i am on 1.69 and have open cma on my pc but when i connect my vita to pc, it requires me to update to 1,80, should i do it

1. Jd8531’s avatar

No dont update, try the trouble shooting steps up above.

1. RRson’s avatar

I have a couple of vitas and this new update works for 1.81, but it will not work with 1.69. I have tried all the troubleshooting methods

20. hasu’s avatar

can i transfer my game from pc to another psn account with opencma ? because i’m in japan and i’m waiting for the next exploit to be released in us store. Then i want to transfer it to my jp acc if that’s possible.

21. lichunxiao’s avatar

thanks for the cma soft,it can prevent auto update the psv system,now i transferd files use it anytime

22. wew’s avatar

hey wololo, i love you.

23. xcookiesx’s avatar

help! I’m on firmware 1.8.0 and when i use open cma it tells me to log in to psn. How do I bypass the login screen?