Using ZeroVSH Patcher to mod your PSP

From my own experience I think ZeroVSH Patcher is one of the greatest plug-ins ever made for the PSP.

You can change nearly anything you’ve got in your XMB and comparing it to another great plug-in such as CXMB, which loads custom themes instead of the normal XMB, I think it depends on the person to determine the winner. If you like themes people make then you should stick to CXMB but if you like to get the things you most like from each theme and pack it all together, then this is your plug-in. Using it, as I said, you can change nearly anything, but the most visual things anyone would like to change would be:

• Battery and loading icons: system_plugin_fg.rco
  • XMB Waves: system_plugin_bg.rco
  • Volume: impose_plugin.rco
  • Music Player: Music_player_plugin.rco
  • XMB Sounds: system_plugin.rco
  • XMB Fonts: ltn0.pgf
  • Gameboot: Gameboot.pmf

It’s as simple as downloading CTF Tool GUI and then converting the theme to your current PSP version and extracting the content. Then, using ZeroVSH Patcher you can load the .rco/.pmf and you’ve already changed a file inside the XMB, and then it is just simply picking files from different themes and mixing them to see which mixture is the best for you! I myself make gameboots and I will leave a few here, if you want more just PM me in the forum.

Gameboots

Well, this is all for now, comment if you have any doubts and I will upload more videos to my website and wololo’s web soon.

Download

Download ZeroVSH Patcher here

Tags: ,

1. Chasez671’s avatar

You must know the meaning of life

1. garrei’s avatar

that i do…

noun
        the condition that distinguishes organisms from inorganic objects and dead organisms, being manifested by growth through metabolism, reproduction, and the power of adaptation to environment through changes originating internally.

1. PlayerGG’s avatar

The meaning of life is a philosophical question concerning the significance of life or existence in general. It can also be expressed in different forms, such as “Why are we here?”, “What is life all about?”, and “What is the purpose of existence?” It has been the subject of much philosophical, scientific, and theological speculation throughout history. There have been a large number of proposed answers to these questions from many different cultural and ideological backgrounds.

The meaning of life is 42 in the philosophical and religious conceptions of existence, social ties, consciousness, and happiness, and borders on many other issues, such as symbolic meaning, ontology, value, purpose, ethics, good and evil, free will, the existence of a or multiple Gods, conceptions of God, the soul, and the afterlife. Scientific contributions focus primarily on describing related empirical facts about the universe, exploring the context and parameters concerning the ‘how’ of life. Science also studies and can provide recommendations for the pursuit of well-being and a related conception of morality. An alternative, humanistic approach poses the question “What is the meaning of my life?” The value of the question pertaining to the purpose of life may coincide with the achievement of ultimate reality, or a feeling of oneness, or even a feeling of sacredness.

1. Chasez671’s avatar

I declare you the winner

2. trecenters’s avatar

first!! :D .. I need attention… Mom doesn’t love me..

Anyways … Would a Vita port be possible?

1. >_>’s avatar

Cool story bro. >_>

2. mvd’s avatar

I don’t know if you’ve noticed, but the vita doesn’t make use of any of these files. The PSP emulator runs straight up binaries and doesn’t emulate any other function of the PSP. Everything else is looked after by the vita OS (sound overlay, etc) so these files are unnecessary.

1. skies’s avatar

what is this?

2. HIMFan’s avatar

The article title is misleading.

1. xoombie503’s avatar

if you been in the scene long enough you shouldn’t be mislead

3. RzmmDX’s avatar

Wait, why does it say ALL PSP and ALL FIRMWARES while it only works for CFW/HEN.

Unless I missed the boat on some important information about OFWs.

4. m.rr’s avatar

It doesn’t

5. PlayerGG’s avatar

Now someone ganna have to make that for the Vita.

6. Rafael707’s avatar

NS3 ftw, too bad he doesnt have a vita.. .

7. tonyuk73’s avatar

Nice. I like the examples, I wonder if it’s possible to do this to my Htc one x.(in fact I’ve just found something to do this week :Custom boot images.)

8. Vincenzo’s avatar

This is awesome! A was waiting for something that allows, in a simple way, flashing the PSP for custom themes.
    Thanks Wololo :D

1. wololo’s avatar

This article is by m.rr :)

1. t’s avatar

how do you install plugins on here, do you just copy it to the psp folder like you do homebrews or do you have to make a new folder on the root of the vita then place it in their?

2. crusher’s avatar

thanks wololo, without you, maybe theres no m.rr’s article :) thanks for all of you :]

9. Davee’s avatar

Aren’t gameboots illegal? or has that changed since the 5.00 era?

1. Nickolas’s avatar

I haven’t posted for a while but this tempted me… Really? That’s the real Davee? Why would gameboots be illegal? Gameboots are just custom loading screens. You know, the thingy
      that appears after you launch a game and before it is actually launched? That’s a gameboot.

1. wololo’s avatar

Some of those are indeed copyrighted content that is ripped from UMDs, that might be what Davee is talking about. I agree it’s far fetched, if copyright owners start fighting on those, where does it end…

1. Davee’s avatar

Actually, the tools to create gameboots are from the leaked SDK, at least, normally are.

1. m.rr’s avatar

true, but no one needs to know that :)

2. wololo’s avatar

I see, I didn’t know that. But I am not sure creating something with an illegally acquired tool makes that thing illegal too?

2. Nickolas’s avatar

WOW… Well then, I am really sorry for having offended one of the greatest devs in the PSP-CFW history. Oh and, gameboots aren’t really illegal, as long as they are created and not ripped from UMDs.

P.S. Again, I am sorry, Davee, for what I said.

10. I was born’s avatar

Wheres the flaping ps vita exploits?????? i dont care about this vsh , i want an exploit!!!

1. >_>’s avatar

Where have you been these past few weeks??? XDDDDDDD

11. Skrillex50’s avatar

Reup Skrillex’s gameboot please :P

12. Roland’s avatar

Man I miss my persona 3 gameboot…
    Main character says per-so-na and there’s that gunshot and the game launches.
    Ah good times. I really should have backed that up to the internet…

13. Skrillex50’s avatar

Skrillex’s gameboot please :p

14. C_4evaspeaks’s avatar

The beauty of being a dev soon we will have our fun on the vita!

15. Sylen7Nato’s avatar

u can still find the program to make ur own boots, as well as other tools for all other module editing…google it or PM me, cuz i have still have all of them…i still make my own themes from time to time, but havent used this plugin yet…i use ctf tool with rco edit when i want to make a quick theme, cuz creating the modules from scratch is something i can only put myself through once in a great while…i want to see if maybe this suits those needs a bit better.

1. Skrillex50’s avatar

“on a side note, is there a video of this skrillex gameboot?…if so, id be willing to recreate the .pmf and upload it for everyone…or i can take requests too, just shoot me a quick message.”
      Yes please =D

1. Sylen7Nato’s avatar

sure bro, np…if u just give me a link to a video clip you want, a music track you want to hear with it, and how many seconds you want it to last, i can make a new one for you…sry, cant seem to find the one that was uploaded here and im afraid i dont know anything about skrillex to know exactly what you are looking for as a gameboot.

16. Sylen7Nato’s avatar

can i get an explanation for that, mods? dont know what was wrong with what i said…was just trying to help and nothing more.

1. Sylen7Nato’s avatar

sorry, nvm…my dumb laptop keeps showing me that my comments were deleted (insert foot into mouth)…my bad.

1. Skrillex50’s avatar

Its not skrillex video but its ma favorite games, sorry i dont have my pc in a week ^^’

0 a here (look ) ^^

Thanks :p

17. Sylen7Nato’s avatar

says files do not exist any more…sry, havent been checking in as much lately.

18. TobeyDemon’s avatar

TobeyDemon from psn, running official firmware 6.60, lcfw pro b10 6.60, & a temporary 6.60 test version of hen on a psp 3001. bunch of plugins. love cxmb, cw cheat, & zero vsh patcher. love zerovsh patcher because it gifts me with the psp go’s clock & calendar on it. so cool.