Tutorial: How to copy ISO/CSO/Homebrew on Urbanix
A lot of you seem to be having problems so here is a fool proof, easy to use and understand tutorial on how to copy any ISOs, CSOs and Homebrew over with the Urbanix Exploit.
I’ve noticed a lot of people complaining about not being able to copy files and its simple mistakes so double check everything. Just follow this tutorial closely and you will be good to go! Its best if you use Open CMA and if you have problems comment; ill try to help everyone as much as possible.
Copying & Installing Homebrew
- Assuming you have the exploit already on the Vita and know how to copy this over it’ll be easy. When you need to add more homebrew using this method you have to copy over the save data every time. The FTP ISO/CSO method explained below works too for homebrew.
- Go to where your Urbanix exploit is from CMA, its location should be something like C:\My Documents\PSvita\PSAVEDATA\d6def6b623fe3e46\NPUZ00077\
- Make a folder called PSP and then another folder inside of that called GAME
- Inside of GAME is where you put the homebrew.
So for example I wanted to copy Half Life 1
- I made a folder inside GAME called HALFLIFE (Remember all caps, 8 characters)
- Then inside of HALFLIFE is all of the files (EBOOT.PBP, DATA.BIN. PARAM.SFO ect)
5. Next go back out to the main folder where the exploit is and the PSP folder is; Use Winrar or something similar to zip it, I used Winrar:
- Right click PSP and add to archive
- Change the compression to store
- Change the compression type to zip
- Rename the files to whatever you want with .ZIP in capitals at the end instead of .zip BEFORE you hit OK
5. Transfer the save of Urbanix over and run the exploit: You should then see your home-brew, scroll over it and hit X and then install. You are all done!
Copying ISO/CSO Method One (Easy way)
1. Install the FTP Homebrew app and launch it. I’m using Kingdom Hearts in this example…
2. Take your ISO/CSO and make sure it is named with 8 characters (Try not to use numbers to avoid issues) and that its all caps. (Do not ask me where to get isos or csos!)
> KINGHRTS.ISO -GOOD
3. On your vita you will be shown the address for the FTP server. Type that into your browser (example: ftp://18.104.22.1686) Its best to use Firefox with the FireFTP addon.
4. Find your ISO/CSO on your computer and drag it over into the ISO folder (Make sure you have a folder named ISO at the root if not make one.)
5. After its finished copying over, exit out of FTP Vita and your ISO or CSO will be there, just hit X to launch it (Note*: Most games will work, some wont)
Copying ISO/CSO Method two (Harder way)
The reason this is harder is that sometimes the ISO/CSO will not show up or wont copy and using PSPFILER every time is a hassle. FTP is the best way to do it.
1. Move the ISO/CSO into the save data folder (Exploit) and move it onto the vita like normal (Use the same rules of naming the ISO/CSO 8 characters, all caps)
2. Using PSPFILER or something similar and move through the file manager and find the ISO/CSO
3. On the root make a folder called ISO if you havent already and move your ISO/CSO inside
4. Your structure should be something like ms0:/ISO/
5. Back out to Tmenu, find the game and launch it and Enjoy!
Note by Wololo: Independently of each blogger’s personal opinion, this site does not condone piracy. Do not request (or point people to) places that distribute pirated content