Total_Noob announces CEF 6.60 TN-B for “Later this week”

In a very short statement on PSPKing.de, famous PSP/Vita Hacker Total_Noob announced he will be releasing an update to his recently published eCFW  – emulator Custom FirmWare, a new term to design a PSP Custom firmware running within the PSP emulator on the PS Vita – later this week.

Total_Noob said the new release, named CEF 6.60 TN-B, will have bug fixes, improvements, as well as potential new features. The developer is asking the community to provide a comprehensive list of bugs if possible (rather than individual reports) so that he can start working on fixing as much as he can. We do have a thread where you guys can discuss bugs, but if one member of our community could compile this thread into a “clean” list, that would probably be super helpful for him.

Stay tuned, as more stuff keeps coming almost every hour for this exploit.

Source PSPKing via The Z

1. yo’s avatar

Yo wololo. Regarding your statement “It needs to be emphasized that all people involved were aware of the legal risk of publicly releasing such a tool, but this person seems to not be afraid of that (good for him, I guess, he probably thinks he can succeed where geohot and graf_chokolo failed).”

Im telling you that where i live, Sony cant do jackshit to me. Torrent sites are legal here, bribery is skyrocket, you kill people and get away with the right amount of money sent to the judge. Just so i know, not everyone is chickenshit about Sony. There isnt even a law regarding leaking stuff like this.

I could release CFW’s all day and not being bothered by Sony. Haha i could even pay a local hobo to do it for me. This is the fun part of living in a 4th world country ;)

1. wololo’s avatar

Hmm, not sure if I envy you right now :)

2. pploco1996’s avatar

which country is that? I am from Venezuela and here you can do pretty much whatever you want when it comes to internet stuff.

PS: I don`t consider my country as a 3rd or 4th world country. I am pride of being a venezuelan citizen.

1. pploco1996’s avatar

proud… sorry ;)

2. Luis Velez’s avatar

Me too I’m from Venezuela too, Nice ; )

3. Turd Sandwich’s avatar

What country is that? Comoros? Côte d’lvoire? Mali? lol

So please be kindly enough to tell me. I’m curious of your claims.

4. Turd Sandwich’s avatar

What country is that? Comoros? Côte d’lvoire? Mali? lol

So please be kindly enough to tell me. I’m curious of your claims.

1. Turd Sandwich’s avatar

Damn double post. My bad i posted on the wrong part.

5. nichikoro’s avatar

I’m from venezuela too.. and in this country you can sell backups in the street of Ps2, Ps3, Xbox360, BRmovies everything!

The R4 for nds exist in every nintendo store xD.

I though that you can make a 100 of cfw and you’ll never be touched by the police or something xD

1. razor’s avatar

Lol I guess president Hugo chavez gives a shit about piracy in venezuela

6. chingon’s avatar

just wondering…is it possible to transfer my backed up ps vita file of urbanix on 1.81 to vita 1.80 via http://FTP…both on same account…just one is 1.81 and the other 1.80

1. 2die4’s avatar

If your vita on same account you can use opencma on your computer

1. chingon’s avatar

didnt work, i had to update the 1.80 to 1.81, i bit the bullet on that one but now TN_CFE is up and running and so is rachet and clank zize matters & secret agent clank…YEAH!

1. 2die4’s avatar

Yeah but after u updated to 1.81 it worked didnt it

2. chingon’s avatar

yeah that was AFTER I updated….

2. arnookie’s avatar

If you want a retail game thats exploitable
    Ahmm A little clue cough “Ridge Racer”.

Why do you think so few were put in stores? Because sony themselves found it could be exploited lol. : O)
    I suggest you all buy it up before they start selling on ebay for silly money.
    ; O)

1. mang’s avatar

Are you saying you’ve found an exploit in ridge racer, or what?

So many random posts -_-

1. mang’s avatar

Personally hoping the new feature is psx support :)

2. Gourcuff’s avatar

You’re bluffing

3. UE’s avatar

So few were put into stores because the game was a PoS… it was WHY so many were given away with the first rune of vitas

3. PlayStation Vita’s avatar

i cant find urbanix…..

1. Jd8531’s avatar

It has been removed from PSN.

4. henrique brasil!’s avatar

for two days that I get no xecar Wololo, the
    damn sony strip Urbanix air … and here in
    Brazil has not minis in store … have to
    create an account for parents putting
    another location …

5. God’s avatar

A few copies of Ridge Racer was put in stores because the game sucks and only has like 4 tracks in it.

6. henrique brasil!’s avatar

Dark_Alex return?

7. EFUS09’s avatar

wow!!! thats nice, i hope that relase fix psx games :D

8. garrei’s avatar

Look, is it “CEF” or “CFE” because you said “CFE” in your last post.

1. Mr McGoo’s avatar

I believe its Custom Firmware Emulation. Could be a typeo.

1. Riku’s avatar

It’s CEF. At least that’s what I’ve been seeing.

Custom Emulated Firmware (CEF) or Emulated Custom Firmware (eCFW)

1. Darkanubis74’s avatar

its anything you want it to be,

1. gunblade’s avatar

containental empire flag…

9. One_Man_Matrix’s avatar

Quick Question… Everytime I want to add new homebrew to my Vita, I have to overwrite the Urbanix SaveData, correct? This means that I potentially overwrite any savestates etc within those homebrew (PSP games don’t matter so much as the save files are held elsewhere), is there a way around this? What if I copied the Urbanix Savedata back to my PC, added the new Homebrew and copied it back to the Vita, would this work without overwriting the data? Thanks for your time!

1. garrei’s avatar

use a different savedata folder (From any random psp game) copy that across with all your homebrew and ISO’s inside it then use pspfiler to move them all to the right locations.

1. One_Man_Matrix’s avatar

Makes sense, cheers mate!

10. Six’s avatar

Please port to Super Collapse 3 please!!!

11. kokyloko’s avatar

alguien puede hacer un tutorial para que me funcione por favor tengo todo el juego y el programa pero no se como pasar los juegos iso

1. Insane’s avatar

Ejemplo medal hono.iso=MHN.ISO tiene k ser en mayusculas pon el iso dentro del savedate y pasalo a tu ps vita eso estodo

12. shuaiyetu’s avatar

Why does the PSPfiler MOVE files so slow… seems like it first COPY then delete the original ISO, nothing like doing so in Windows…

13. auron’s avatar

awesome!! I hope we see a full cfw soon

14. mike’s avatar

I am new to this but i have the US version of Urbanix. How ever I am having problems installing CEF 6.60 TN-B could someone please break it down for me.

15. Chompira’s avatar

i waiting for port mhfu. Wololo working in this project?

1. wololo’s avatar

I am not personally working on an MHFU port. I do not have the reverse engineering skills, or the free time required.

2. phoenixside’s avatar

I think a better question to ask is, is there anyone working on a port for mh on 1.80, and could it be possible? I have to say I to are hoping for a port for mh.
      I would like to mention, thanks for a great website to all involved.

16. Sigmarius’s avatar

Please 1.80 …….. … Wololo help us =˜˜˜˜˜˜

17. boom’s avatar

Sam Jordam.. Where are you now!? haha

18. jazneo’s avatar

Make a port to Monster hunter dont keep skip to different games all the time not everyone going to keep download the new game for new patch

1. wololo’s avatar

1. Darkanubis74’s avatar

It’s people like this that make end-users look bad….geez a little respect for the developers would be nice

19. Dovahkiin’s avatar

Wow, TN has balls… FYI Coldbird and TN are both German.

20. HAIDER KIARA’s avatar

Can I run games psp.Without the need to download a game Urbanix

1. cuppajoe’s avatar

read the god damn articles

21. deckardbr’s avatar

I can’t believe I missed Urbanix, do you know if the Total_Noob or another team is working on another game also for CFW?

22. Turd Sandwich’s avatar

People like myself are still having problems getting the Urbanix from the PS3 into the PS Vita. Just saying.

1. sailogo’s avatar

Cant stress enough…
      PS3 mini and PS vita is different.
      Even if it was same, because urbanix is removed fro PSN it is no longer transferable.

23. HAIDER KIARA’s avatar

Is there a way to get the game Urbanix

24. mike7500’s avatar

1.80 release would be really nice i mean you have to concider that MHFU was the game that sony left in the store the longest so im preety sure that they are more people running the 1.80 on their vita, than people using urbanix in 1.81.. all im saying is when you have time a little help would be nice

25. Total_Noob’s avatar

Well untold you guys a while ago I would give it another go I’m wololo could back
    Me up on this

1. chingon’s avatar

ANY NEW UPDATE ON THE MHFU 1.80 PORT?

26. gunblade’s avatar

um probly off topic but cant da vita hold more storage den jus da 32 gig card

1. gunblade’s avatar

um anybody try dat one home brew dat lets u cannect a hard drive to the psp ooh n try see if da psp go cant bluethooth to da vita

27. Nick’s avatar

Hmm. The game will be the paid?

1. gunblade’s avatar

……………({?})

1. gunblade’s avatar

(^_^)

28. Raikiri’s avatar

Just a pair of quick questions:

1) If I buy a new ps vita storage card after 1.82 release, will I be able to use it(activate it) without updating from my current 1.81?

2) I have backed up my Urbanix game via Content Manager->Applications to the PC. Will I be able to copy it to my new storage card?

1. gunblade’s avatar

probly not but think .82 will have sum formataion going on. probly sum passcodelock

1. gunblade’s avatar

but if ur on an later firmw it should be fine wandering about da vita save updates dough probly have mandatory updates unless they wannda load a whole lot of save jus to

1. Raikiri’s avatar

Can anyone try to make a little more sense please?

2. jamesssss’s avatar

1) yes it is fine, just bought a larger card yesterday, turned my Vita in to airplane mode and installed without issue.

2) yes again worked fine on my new card yesterday in airplane mode.

1. Raikiri’s avatar

Thanks a lot.

29. gunblade’s avatar

……(^_^)………({?})

30. sakonshima’s avatar

I downloaded or urbanx format PGK how can I use

1. Roland’s avatar

you can’t

31. woohoo’s avatar

will the update stays with urbanix or a completely new game?

1. Raikiri’s avatar

Kernel exploits are not that common, so most probably the next version will go with the same exploit.

32. Enkeixpress’s avatar

Will it use a new PS Minis game.. or Urbanix? cause that game isn’t available on the PSN store anymore, unfortunately.

33. Middnight Snack’s avatar

So can you downgrade at all? I’m not too familiar with all these terms so bear with me here.

34. yigal33’s avatar

A Way to have exploited URBANIX for those who couldn’t make it at time

on pspiso news.

35. EFUS09’s avatar

this cef 6.00 and gintama 2012 are for me the best news of October :D

36. Ven0m’s avatar

Yeah, finally a good kernel exploit that isn’t expensive! :D
    Just got my ps vita to work with this exploit (already had the game) and I confirm that you can play GBA roms, SNES roms and ISO’s with this exploit (Kingdom hearts BBS tested)

37. Efjay’s avatar

Wololo how about you make a jewel keepers exploit instead of urbanix..it is not removed yet..just try it i didn’t even all your hacks for ps vita even the new exploit now..

1. Adin’s avatar

I hate to quote but:
      “Do the port yourself and share your work with the scene. Or stop demanding stuff.”

38. azleerico’s avatar

I still have motorcross from the vhbl hack. any chance that this exploit can be ported to that game? didnt get the MH and just missed Urbanix….

39. PSVitaEucfw’s avatar

sorry,buffer overflow isn’t working on jap urbanix so we can’t do this,i’m sorry.

40. letsrapetheleaker’s avatar

Serves u japs right for bombing pearl harbor :)

41. Stiffeno’s avatar

Using 6.60 CFE TN-A and trying to play WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2011 ISO/CSO causes a black screen and then it pops up with an error, will TN-B fix these kinda problems? All my other ISO/CSO’s work fine, but just that damn WWE wont work and i been dying to play it for over a year now! -_-!

Oh and could we get a list of exactly what is being changed in TN-B? Like a list of what bugs been fixed, weather ISO/CSO compatibility is improved and so forth! Just so guys like me know weather its worth the time bothering to update to 6.60 CFE TN-B or just stay on TN-A?

1. Michele’s avatar

Stiffeno,I have the same problem with smackdown 2011 eur version,i’m from Italy =)
      If you resolve the problem could tell to me?

· 1 · 2