You can still get Urbanix for Free

Update: Urbanix was now removed from the stores, so don’t try to get the offer. Check our latest blog entries to know what you should do next.

A few days ago a CFW was leaked, involving (among other things) a usermode exploit in the game Urbanix. You might remember that Urbanix was given away for free a few months ago, and people who were paying attention at the time could see there was a good reason we were excited about that free offer from Sony. It turns out the offer is still valid, you can still get Urbanix for Free on the PSN in Europe as long as you have a facebook account and a EU PSN account.

This happens here, and the offer could stop anytime, so hurry.

Once again, it is important to mention a few things regarding this exploit and the kernel exploit that was leaked a few days ago. First of all, I don’t have a VHBL release ready for this yet. Despite what the leaker has been claiming, this is not because I just learned about this exploit (because obviously we’ve been aware of this for a while and that’s why we advertised this offer a few months ago), but because in the meantime I have focused on the Super Collpase 3 and Monster hunter exploits. As a matter of fact, a working VHBL on firmware 1.67 exists for the Urbanix exploit, but it needs to be adapted to 1.81. It seems some of the changes we brought in recent VHBL revisions (somewhere between the SC3 exploit and now) broke a few things for Urbanix. For now this means we don’t have a working VHBL for 1.81 (one thread crashes), but hopefully it is just a matter of time. As an important reminder, since the user exploit is now public, and VHBL’s source code is open source as well, I do not have access to any more information than anybody else to get this VHBL port to work. You want to see VHBL on 1.81 and you think the release is taking to long? Then do it yourself, everything’s explained here.

Additional notes about the Kernel exploit: first of all, the kernel exploit is not tied to a specific game. If you are the lucky owner of a working game exploit (MHFU on 1.80, SC3 on 1.65, etc…), then it is very probable that if the kernel exploit ever gets reversed, it will be relatively easy to port to those exploits. The conclusion being, if you like your current VHBL, I don’t think there is any good reason for you to update now.

It is also my understanding that the kernel exploit is not encrypted in the files that got leaked, only the CFW is. So now’s the time for all the leechers and pirate-wannabe to show they are more than just talk. People keep claiming that the difficult part of a CFW is finding and implementing the exploit. Now that the exploit is public, let’s see how many people have the skills and time to port ProCFW (which is open source) to the PSP emu on the vita, and then let’s see how many of them are ready to actually release it once they’re done. It all seems so easy to some people who’ve never tried  :)

1. Mr McGoo’s avatar

Finally got a first on a wololo post. I got the code but already bought the game yesterday. O well

1. Sharo93’s avatar

well, would you mind giving it to me…i dont have a facebook because i really hate facebook

email: Sharo9@yahoo.com

2. Mr McGoo’s avatar

Ok, free code for 3 reasons:
      I am in the us, I just bought the game yesterday just invade the kxploit was in the near future, and I am happy on my 1.80 with the psx working. Im just waiting for 4.21cfw on ps3 so I can really use remote play properly.

Thank you for all your hard work and dedication to those devs that have come, those that have gone and those who remain and continue to help this community thrive.

yea, yea, needs the code. First come first serve: GC4D-G5NR-DNL2 (case sentisive)

3. Utterly Utter’s avatar

Faith in humanity restored, finally someone who gets the first post and don’t write, First or 1:st. Thank you Mr McGoo!

4. XmeD’s avatar

the code for downloading urbanix only gives “jewl keepers easter island

5. XmeD’s avatar

sorry for double posting but urbanix does not comme with the
      offer on facebook. The only game that is guiven out is jewel keepers. So im wondering is there any other way to get the game??

2. Lawliet156’s avatar

Its not working for US, tried the code it gave me on 2 different facebook accounts of mine and my Vita gave me a error code of NP-8128-9

1. wololo’s avatar

Yeah, I’m pretty sure I said Europe only

1. Lawliet156’s avatar

lol dang, I quess I got too exicted and went straight to the link. thanks though

1. >_>’s avatar

Yeah it definitely helps to read the article first boy genius. XDDDDDDDD

3. jwolf3’s avatar

would the cfw exploit still work on monster hunter vhbl?

4. bubby323’s avatar

Any thoughts on my topic you viewed a while ago?

1. wololo’s avatar

You mean the ongoing discussion on reverting the kernel exploit? I actually saw it just after I wrote this article. I can follow up with you by PM or email if you want

1. bubby323’s avatar

If you have a minute to hop on IRC it would be a bit quicker, I just want to pass some information your way before I head off for bed.

5. trollkilla’s avatar

Thanks wololo for the info. I think theres an exploit for the mini game orbit as well.

1. Mr McGoo’s avatar

Nice find but next time, try to pm wololo so that they can look into it prior to $ony. Lol

6. trollkilla’s avatar

Forgot to mention platstation mobile is live on the vita store in the u.s. Maybe you can do
    a review on its games which don’t appeal to me.

7. garrei’s avatar

YOU F**KING SERIOUS!? I NO JOKE JUST BOUGHT THIS FARRRRRRRRRRRRRKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

1. Mr. McGoo’s avatar

On a positive note, if u live in the US, you couldnt use it anyway’s lol.

1. garrei’s avatar

Live in Australia, which is under EU promotions. would have been able to get it.

1. Xander’s avatar

Oh wow I thought it wouldn’t work in Australia, so I bought the game

1. Terry Rigopoulos’s avatar

yeah I’m in Australia and i got it for free too ;)
            remember, when they say Europe, they mean the PAL region, which is Europe AND Australia :)

8. 9Rockky’s avatar

If you want to get it for free,format the system then turn EU…

9. One_Man_Matrix’s avatar

Excuse me Wololo, I am the happy owner of a 1.80 MHU exploit (Thank You!) and am thoroughly enjoying my homebrew. I downloaded the Silent Hill demo and am being told (no matter which avenue I try) that I have to update my system, which I would rather avoid.

The real test is when Assassins Creed comes out at the end of the month… Do we know if using a retail copy of the game instead of PSN will bypass the FW update procedure? I don’t want to have to choose… Lol.

1. jamesssss’s avatar

depends on the firmware version the came is at, for example I have Project Diva F which came out on 30/08 as a physical copy and that was using firmware 1.69 so no need to upgrade but I was on 1.80 so all was good.

Chances are that it will be either 1.69 or 1.80 depends when the “code” went gold and sent to manufacturing as I presume the production run of a game is going to be at least a month of so prior to release at the minimum.

10. Johnny’s avatar

Wololo my psvita version is 1.61 with the Tennis Homebrew do u think i should update? and get this?

1. Johnny’s avatar

and im asking this…. cause it looks like im really outdated o.O

11. etertay’s avatar

well, i went an updated my vita/downloaded urbanix..there BETTER BE a cfw out of this..

1. Tzosin’s avatar

I did the same updated from sc3… But it’s a risk we take if nothing comes of it oh well another Vhbl is bound to come out.

2. richard’s avatar

amigo me puedes pasar el urbanix

12. psvkin’s avatar

link down?

13. Fed with’s avatar

I have liked the playstation fb page, wheres my promotion code at?

1. tar’s avatar

after1/5hour link shows up wait

14. Sakuryu’s avatar

I personally think the kernel and CFW CB made should be left alone, he encrypted it for a reason and a jerk betrayed the trust and destroyed the connection to the main person (no offense) that would have brought us forward. He wants it left alone and I think we should respect his wishes and just destroy this Sam guy and make our own kxploit and CFW

1. jakethesnake’s avatar

Lets face it people are going to to try to decrypt this some will fail it will be a matter of time till someone gets it decrypted and working we just to have a open mind and be cautious with the “Sam Jordams” of the world.

15. crow132’s avatar

Soooooo.. the VHBL working at 1.81 that we saw at your video few days ago was not Urbanix..? Interesting :D

Still more exploitable games :)

1. wololo’s avatar

Correct

16. EFUS09’s avatar

i have one question, open cma works with 1.81???

17. Sined’s avatar

Wololo, if Urbanix VHBL for 1.81 will be released, am I right to assume that it will work on 1.80? There’s not much difference between these two FW, right? I dont want to update for no reason :)

18. Vahab’s avatar

Codes not work in Account US
    Pls Help me how i can use this code in Account US

1. eki’s avatar

You cant.

Or you have to reset a ps3 to EU mode.

19. qwikrazor87’s avatar

Clicking on your link to the offer brings up a facebook page that says “The page you requested was not found.”

20. cris’s avatar

well here is a question as i am on 1.61 and i still have vhbl and urbanix when a usermode exploit is released will it be on urbanix too ,i mean does it worth for me to be on 1.61 with urbanix and vhbl untill usermode is released or just push my luck to newer firmware ?

21. Sinner’s avatar

Well it reminds me of sony’s “project” or whatever was posted by wololo to track DNA’s in order to prevent Piracy… I might be paranoid but seems like they put that vulnerable game for free in counterpart for our FB profiles on purpose…or maybe I better go & see a doctor. cheers.

22. Johnny Bravo’s avatar

damn, 1 day too late. I brought it yesterday.
    I thought the leaked worked so I got the game. Then finding out it doesn’t work annoyed me as I didn’t want the game without the hack working.
    Next time I’ll wait for a working leak before buying the next game.

23. ERNEST’s avatar

Im on 1.80 with MHU exploit/game.. What do you think about to update to 1.81 and buy urbanix, Or still on 1.80 ???? On 1.80 isn’t works psn!!!!! Show me the way!!!! Lol

1. Mr McGoo’s avatar

Look into Charles proxy. I just transfered it to my 1.80 last night

24. Jvhellraiser’s avatar

Just woke up to see TN-A 6.60 being
    release for the Psvita for this game anyone
    can please confirm this has Total Noob come
    back to safe the day? source:PspKing website

1. Rafael707’s avatar

Correct, i posted about it over at /talk

2. Sined’s avatar

Works like a charm with Urbanix EU on 1.80

25. reaper666’s avatar

i really want to wait for the release of the cfw from the people who were putting it togeather even if it takes a little longer i know making something like cfw is not an easy task and wololo and the others who were responsible are soo good to us that it would be a would feel a little bad to get it from theafs. i am an extreamly minor programmer so i know when people put there free time to give people something like this and for it to be leaked so soon would piss me off… flip table..lol thanks to all exploters and helpers.

26. kikershadow’s avatar

ok i have the game i create a new acount and what netx iam on 1.81 i hope this work, but only one thing i study laws how supose i make a exploit where can i find info about this i have the time all time i like edit some codes but realy i dont know how starting if one person helpeme with the programs to start with this i hope this work this work only on eu o i need change the region, ¿but if i change the region the memory ps vita dont format again with this i loose the files urbanix? i need reinstall CMA4 i have the region for mexico i need reinstall all again and make one copy on my pc transfer thwe files from pc work or i need a ps3 for this.

27. zaiii’s avatar

geht der exploit auch für 1.81 ??

28. Joskezz’s avatar

I dont get it. How do you redeem the code exactly?

29. dboyz’s avatar

urbanix removed!!! =.=

30. Kizzurp’s avatar

Urbanix has been removed from the EU ps store bleh. I got the code from facebook and it only let me get that treasure game.. whatever it was called. Tried searching for urbanix after and it’s not found.

31. Asmith906’s avatar

people couldn’t be bothered to spend $2.99 on a game really :/

32. nazar’s avatar

I only got Easter Island. No Urbanix. Needz help nao!

33. lawliet’s avatar

I have the urbanix.pkg EU version and I have a code, can I use it???

34. Tracekid’s avatar

Don’t have EU PSN, but have Facebook so here you go:

84TF-B2NC-HH5E

35. Jan’s avatar

removed hehehe

36. ruguer’s avatar

The game are removed

37. God’s avatar

Sony scammed me, I paid 20 bucks for that Monster Hunter game now the face book code showed up when I said thanks on their crappy facebook. But when I enter in psn it says invalid. They just pulled a con and I hope their cruddy Vita gets hacked entirely. Disgusting scam artist company.

38. Tvivallo’s avatar

i cant download the urbanix, i can download the Jewels Keepers but the urbanix no, you can help me?

39. vegetag5’s avatar

They replace the urbanix for some other game i think
    the Jewels Keepers.

40. Sérgio’s avatar

are still giving Urbanix?

41. Павел’s avatar

Не могли бы вы подарить код погашения?а то я нефига не понял с фейс буком

42. Alsyme’s avatar

I managed to get hold of Urbanix from the PSN store in New Zealand just now.

Odd.

1. Alsyme’s avatar

Oh right, forget they add the patched versions back on