Urbanix was removed from the EU Stores

That was fast!

I am getting a growing number of reports that following the announce of Total_Noob’s HEN a few hours ago, the game Urbanix, which has an exploit allowing people to run his PSP Custom Firmware on the Vita, was removed from the EU PSN stores. People are reporting that the game was also removed from their download list. I expect the same will happen to the other locales (US, JP, etc…) within a few hours.

If you have the game installed on your console (US, EU, JP,…), great for you, don’t touch anything and make a backup using Open CMA.

If you have one of the previous VHBL exploits, it is possible the kernel exploit will get backported to your game exploit at some point, so if you are interested in that Kernel exploit the idea for you is to wait and see (and to not update your firmware).

If you are lucky enough to be able to still buy the game on the US or JP store or whatever, and want this exploit, do it now. Not in a few hours, not after your lunch break, but now.

If you are in none of the situations above, you probably missed a good and rare opportunity… put the following note on your fridge: “check wololo.net more regularly in the future”… People who check this site daily knew about this 3 days ago. People who can read between the lines knew about this 3 months ago.

The game was really pulled fast. It is not clear if this is because of the poor planning of the whole release (exploit initially leaked without a proper ninja release, then CFW announced in the middle of Sony’s working hours), or if Sony reacted faster because a Kernel exploit is involved. We will probably never know.

I am quite sure we’ll have lots of news to share about this in the days to come: compatibility with previous usermode exploits, tutorials, probably a few improvements are also to be expected from TN himself…

Stay tuned.

1. Dorothy’s avatar

aaand what am i doing with it?

1. nine1’s avatar

if u have us game then using it

2. Vincent Beasley’s avatar

I load it and its just a black screen and then an error code

1. harrd100’s avatar

is this the game of urbanix or not

1. tiago’s avatar

same thing here

3. Firedragon’s avatar

Thx, works great with US Version.

1. doug’s avatar

Hello, I am keeping up with this post, but I concur with the previous post, when I load, I get a black screen and then an error.. I noticed that the EU version has more files than the US version of CEF, are we supposed to merge some of the files together?? Please let us know, we are eager to also see what psp games we can play..

D.

1. doug’s avatar

Just tried it, for all of you having the same problem I did, all you have to do is copy both files over to the psvita.. Then load the game and it should load fine..

D.

4. chingon’s avatar

dont work,just tried it, how is it suposed to be used

1. Jan’s avatar

US Version removed also

1. Hubi’s avatar

Does the Jewel Keepers + Urbanix Bundle work as well?

2. mouz’s avatar

Looking for JP save file.

3. Spiker61097’s avatar

I Downloaded Urbanix a while ago (from the two free games) and I have it installed on the ps3, but when i try and transfer it, it says “there is no content item” so is there a way i can transfer it like can i use openCMA to tranfer it?

1. nine1’s avatar

i asked bout charles proxy maybe for the ps3 transfer promblem but no answer i cant transfer either

1. Spiker61097’s avatar

have you tried it?

4. Dorothy’s avatar

There are no FAKE.ISO and FLASH0.TN files in this US save file…What is the scheme?
    Everything like in the previous instructions?

1. nine1’s avatar

this is port from yosh yatter and tn team not mine

5. chingon’s avatar

dont work just hangs then errror

1. nine1’s avatar

if doesnt work then u download the ps3 mini not the vita 1

6. chingon’s avatar

yo what gives nine1???

1. nine1’s avatar

that work 4 u chingon?

1. Dorothy’s avatar

On local forum they say i have to put both folders on vita. Right?

7. Jdubs’s avatar

Damn…Guess i’ll have to do some waiting. Hope something can get made out of this using the 1.8 monster hunter exploit! Good luck.

8. drdeathmetal’s avatar

I can confirm that that last link that nine1 posted actually gets me to the cfw menu.

9. chingon’s avatar

yo nine1, just got it working for US version, Thanks Homes, dis 4 everyone else having problems, use the NPEZ00176 NOT
    NPEZ00077 THAT ONE IS ALL f!@#ED UP, with some extra weird sh!@t.
    ANYWAYS…
    WOLOLO your the MAN, COLDBIRD your the MAIN MAN and TN ur da ONE MAIN MAN…MAN! DUCES TO THE COMUNITEE! PS VITA IS THE SHIZNIT…

1. Dorothy’s avatar

0176 is not even american. How you get it working?

2. gunblade’s avatar

well dats becomes the game save is trippy for dis game wen i had the thing on the vita i was playing with the outher save dat day had n was pretty fun notice wy used dis game n wat was da expoit doing finaly got the us save last night played wit dat a lil while but messed it up wen i did not make a copy on the pc n decided to delete the game but playing wit the uvhbl a lil try deleting outher save cuz it didnt show hbl hom.brew

10. Viral_Weaponry’s avatar

that US save state works…

11. Dorothy’s avatar

Still don’t get anything. I’ll just do it!
    Wish me luck)

12. Reaper’s avatar

yo viral_weaponry how did you get it to work? i moved the folder to my ps vita and all i got was a black screen. i tried the NPEZ00176 that was in his folder but it doesnt detect the save.

1. drdeathmetal’s avatar

I used the “NPUZ00077″ folder for the US version and it worked for me.

1. Dorothy’s avatar

i dropped both. Now i put one game in one folder, one in another. Ok one didn’t transfer. In a minute will find out which one.

1. drdeathmetal’s avatar

For it to recognize games do we simply need to compress them to .ZIP and rename them to GAMENAME.ZIP and drop them into the root of the save folder?

13. Dorothy’s avatar

SH*T GUYS IT’S WORKING! I copied both folders.
    PSP games are on the way.

14. Sakuryu’s avatar

Looks like Urbanix was pulled from the US Store, at least on mediaGO

15. Dorothy’s avatar

Ok 0077 didn’t work. Starting assassins by 0176…and it’s working. Yep!

16. Reaper’s avatar

nvm got it to work! woot now does anyone know if i need to make a /iso folder and drop all my isos in there?

1. Dorothy’s avatar

not necessary. As i see it u may do it if using ftp. But i’m i’m stupid ofcourse. Don’t listen

2. Jd8531’s avatar

You actually need to, make said folder using something like psp filer to do it and move the isos or csos into that folder

17. 91’s avatar

U copy both folders

18. Dorothy’s avatar

i can’t quit the game. The PS button stopped working lol

19. Dorothy’s avatar

and assassin’s freezed on the loading screen(

20. Oscar’s avatar

Wow! That was fast!

I feel so lucky about having the game =)

21. Vincent Beasley’s avatar

Ok so Ive done everything right and i got the filer to load. But now my ISO wont appear in the file reader at all. Its in the right folder and everything…

1. drdeathmetal’s avatar

I too am having this problem. Any help would be appreciated.

2. Dorothy’s avatar

Same here. Use CSO. The ISO solvation was somewhere i’ll go look for it)

1. Vincent Beasley’s avatar

CSO doesn’t work either =/

22. Reaper’s avatar

how did you guys install the pspfiler? i made the PSP/GAME/FILER then i zip it and named it 8 characters all caps and moved it into the save folder but i cant see it to install it. or am i doing it wrong?

23. HECZ’s avatar

confirmed working on US urbanix, downloaded on ps3 redownloaded on vita before the deletion.

Havent tested homebrew or .isos yet.

24. Maxilus’s avatar

Oh man.. I miss the chance. Even in Singapore PSN Store also removed.

25. Rob’s avatar

I found a “bundle” in the U.S. today with Urbanix in it, got it, and Urbanix wasn’t there. FFFFFFUUUUUUU
    Well, there went 6 dollars. At least I got Sonic Adventure 2 so I can laugh at how crap it is.

1. Shijugi’s avatar

LOL I did exactly the same as you god F u sony

26. Vincent Beasley’s avatar

ISOs wont show up on my filer! What do I do?? Ive tried everything x0

27. BakedOnSomeSour’s avatar

yay by the time i got home from college it was gone. Will there be a way to do this with other minis? Or can we do this with previously patched vhbl? Is there a chance for those who did not download this game to get a second chance? What can this exploit lead to besides psp cfw? Can this bring along a vita kernel exploit? I know its a lot of questions but i gotta know

1. wololo’s avatar

Will there be a way to do this with other minis?
      –> probably not anytime soon

can we do this with previously patched vhbl?
      –> If you have MH and firmware 1.80, yes, it might be backported. If you’re on 1.81, the only game that would work for you is Urbanix

–> Hmm…. Motorstorm, Everybody’s Tennis, Super collapse 3, Monster Hunter, Urbanix… you mean a 6th chance, right? Same question I ask everybody else: if you missed the previous 5 exploits, what makes you think you will get the 6th one?

What can this exploit lead to besides psp cfw?
      –> Most likely nothing more

Can this bring along a vita kernel exploit?
      –> Probably not

1. gunblade’s avatar

yea is wy i was stooked wen i had da monster hunter running n more wen i got urbanix working after the us save release but yea psp emulation alright but i herd fulll vita cf would be fun but right now not to much games out yet fo da vita so a lil pointless since most of the game take up a lot of memory n da sony memory card cant hold dat much n u can only have like eight screen on da vita home page dat can only hold ten apps or game well i had an eight gb card n filled the thing up wit demos but yea dont think it cant fit all my game n apps almost loaded wit psp mini psone apps n games from sonys mobile (deas a pretty good beats one)but yea psp emulation great wish i still had da game.think da vita only lets u have a certain about of apps or games install on it at a time thinkg wit the apps u cant delete dat u can probly be around 80 welll guess cheack u can have 10 pages wit 10 games or apps on dem. but yea a vita expoit would be bad aszzz

28. rac’s avatar

hi everybody hello Wololo

I have a little question

i have download Urbanix to my ps3 and i was wondering if i should update my vita and copy the mini in pkg file to it as i didnt install it yet

or if i should stick to my actual 1.80 and the exploit you share with us?? and wait for a backport of the vcfw

id like to say thank you for your work as there is the sun in our lives there is Wololo TN Coldbird And all the others people who make this scene wonderfull

1. MarSprite’s avatar

don’t update, I just tried to do this *poof* goes the monsterhunter exploit, and the vita doesnt see urbanix to install

29. benbeatz’s avatar

Wololo is there hope for those who haven’t downloaded the game Urbanix :( My firmware is 1.81

1. wololo’s avatar

For now, no. But things change everyday recently, so who knows…

30. jay’s avatar

Is there any chance Sony return Urbanix to PSN (after 1.82 release, for example)?

My guess is: if I activate my Vita PSN account now and download Urbanix via PS3 later (if they return it to PSN) from the same account, I’m pretty sure it will be possible to transfer it without connecting Vita to PSN and updating to 1.82.

1. Yes’s avatar

I might be wrong, but i’m pretty sure that you can’t transfer games from your PS3 to Vita without being connected to the interenet. And when you’re connected to the internet, then the Vita will ask you to update the firmware.

Sony did the same thing with the previous games like Motorstorm Arctic Edge and Super Collapse 3. They removed those games and added them back later on. I didn’t hear any stories that it was possible to do a PS3 to Vita transfer for those games when not using the latest Vita firmware.

31. Darenvy’s avatar

I got it before it was too late! :D. I upgraded from 1.61 and lost my Every bodies Tennis exploit but really worth it! :D

32. Synntech’s avatar

Now that i have missed MH(wasnt able to download till 1.81 was out) and urbanix, is their a way to find my own exploits without owning a psp?

1. Jd8531’s avatar

Yes, psp is usually just used for debugging.

1. Synntech’s avatar

is it possible if u can show me a tutorial or something?

33. Boriswinner’s avatar

Is the game also removed from Japan PSN?

34. gunblade’s avatar

yea so i got da game did not make back up on da pc but cant get da game on da vita cuz the ps3 messed n da hard drive need to partion is dea some way to save the hard drive with out having to partion it right now i swap out the hard drive in the ps3 wit anader one

35. Ace’s avatar

Seems like the JAP version is still on psn??

Dont have my Vita with me to check, but I do have a jap psn account since the days when the ps3 was launched.

Is it possible to use a european Credit card to buy things on JAP psn store? It was possible back in the day on my ps3.

Link to jap version:

36. gunblade’s avatar

well trying da safe mode 4 da pst3ree hope dat works

1. Linkedot’s avatar

Did it work ?

37. Junaid’s avatar

How to get Urbanix game ?

38. Stiffeno’s avatar

Those who dont already have Urbanix and are waiting for Sony to put it back on the PSN, DO NOT waste ur money buying it coz it will have the exploit patched!

See when Sony learns the name of the game thats being exploited, they pull it from the online store. They THEN patch the exploit hole over the following few days, and then they add the game back to the online store for sale…so dont buy it thinking the exploit will work, coz it wont. If you dont already own it, its too late im sorry.

Just thought i would post coz a few ppl were under the impression that once the game is back for sale, they can still exploit it, but thats not the case…i just dont want ppl wasting money coz they are mis-informed or dont know any better!

39. Max Meechegan’s avatar

How about the Jewel Keeper: Easter Island?

40. yigal33’s avatar

wololo please find away to transfer the game from ps3 to vita

you are the last cansh for as.

thanks!

41. rac’s avatar

funny im not the only one who put it in my d mn ps3 XD

Stiffeno if you said if we already have it you mean if we have it on our ps3 in pkg format?? best way is buy a second vita and update it then copy urbanix to the cma and put it to the old one for cf uses ? no

and if someone did found how to copy it from ps3 hdd to vita it could help a lots of people i dont ask for help i mean if someone has figured out as i am not impatient and i know that this kind of discovery need time

42. guy’s avatar

I got both folders, question is how do you send them to your vita?

· 1 · 2 · 3