Release: 6.60 TN-A CFE. Custom Firmware (PSP) for the PS Vita by Total_Noob

Total Noob, famous for his TN Hen tool for the PSP a few years ago, is back on the Sony scene with an insane release: a PSP Custom Firmware compatible with the recently leaked Urbanix Exploit!

Total Noob just published a PSP CFW that works on the PS Vita on firmware 1.81 if you own the Urbanix Mini. That Mini can still be purchased on the PSN as I type this, and if you’re lucky enough to have a European account, you can get the mini for free by going to this url.

I haven’t tested this yet, but I can pretty much guarantee this is not a Fake, and the person behind this really is Total_Noob. More explanations will come later about the features of this CFW, but in the meantime hurry up, get yourself a copy of Urbanix, and give this a try.

You will notice that Total_Noob mentions that Coldbird got access to his exploit from a “trusted” person on the scene. That person is me, and I broke the trust TN put in me by doing so. I already apologized to Total_Noob for this, but more explanations and a public apology will come in another post. What I think is important to mention for now is that Coldbird’s CFW (the thing that was leaked) was actually not using TN’s exploit.

Donations

If you enjoy TN’s work, you can donate to him here

Download

Download CFE 6.60 TN-A here

Feel free to report bugs in this thread

Source: Total_Noob via PSPKing and TheZ

1. well’s avatar

well if someone could upload the CMA cxopied version, the ones with the key could still install it right >

1. lawliet’s avatar

what is cma cxopied version?

2. donkeykong’s avatar

guys i need help!!! after the white screen i get stuck with the urbanix icon and the time with nothing else what should i do ??

1. kikershadow’s avatar

Same problem i can see the icon super nes but this said installing and only see the icon urbanix may be a small tuto for noobs

3. Oscar’s avatar

Strange…when I try to load 2 homebrew games it goes to black screen when loading it…
    The “homebrew” games are DJ MAX FEVER EBOOT from the PSN, and DDR for psp, about 3 gb in total

4. bgame2’s avatar

Nothing happened for me. It found the save data, allowed me to load it and then…nothing. It went to the title screen of the game.

Any thoughts?

5. Jvhellraiser’s avatar

Confirm Urbanix still on US store, it will cost u $2.99
    But if u can get it i believe it will be worth it.

6. windgust’s avatar

man i updated my firmware to 1.81 but all we have to do is wait for the us or jap save to be release. so i can wait long as it get the other saves just play some tunes and wait.

7. help’s avatar

i downloaded urbanix from Eu store can i transfer it to my us acct on vita or do i have to make Eu acct on vita too?

please anwers asap thanx

1. lovely’s avatar

eu account on vita

8. lovely’s avatar

Any idea on when this will be ported to USA and JAP regions?

9. cristian’s avatar

because when I give leaves to load a blank screen with the image of the game the game caught

10. razemeitzen’s avatar

guys last problem, how do you transfer the psp backup games save file? or more precisely, where do you transfer the save data for the psp games?

11. cristian’s avatar

sirve para una ps vita europea

12. Vincent Beasley’s avatar

Ok so I have the US game and the save exploit on my system but the game wont recognize that i have the save x0

1. lovely’s avatar

only works with an EU game so far

13. andi23mich’s avatar

I JUST DISCOVERED SOMETHING!

When u start an UMD dump in PSPFiler, you get the PsVitas Touch Keyboard! So there is somehow access to the Vita Firmware!

1. bgame2’s avatar

That sounds interesting.

2. sonofskywalker3’s avatar

That’s not access to the Vita Firmware, that’s just the default keyboard for the vita. It pulls up anytime you need to type in a PSP game, which this is.

14. Oscar’s avatar

I try to install DJ MAX FEVER EBOOT from Playstation Store but no joy. When it try to load the menu , black screen appears :/

15. Vincent Beasley’s avatar

“only works with an EU game so far”
    Are you freaking kidding me?! No one told me that! x0

1. lovely’s avatar

it’s not really clear in the post but it’s true.

16. help’s avatar

i downloaded urbanix from Eu store can i transfer it wit ps3 to my us acct on vita or do i have to make Eu acct on vita too?

1. wololo’s avatar

You’re too late :(

1. help’s avatar

no i download it 3 days ago

1. help’s avatar

just wanted to know how to transfer b4 i update from 1.80 uranix eu is on my ps3

1. help’s avatar

any help?? any1??

2. Rowan’s avatar

email me pstothemax@gmail.com and ill do my best to help you

17. lawliet’s avatar

I have the urbanix.pkg EU version and I have a code, can I use it???

18. andi23mich’s avatar

Urbanix has been removed from the PSN!!

19. Vincent Beasley’s avatar

So my US version is completely useless? =0

20. boom’s avatar

hmmm… installed the psp filer.. but never needed it.. i pressed x with lord of arcana selected on my screen and boom… it started..

Hmmm i wonder whats the use of the psp filer..

but anyways.. tnx.. im playing lord of arcana atm..

and i enjoy it. haha.. ^^

1. kikershadow’s avatar

Can you send me a tuto please i just inthe screen with the icon urbanix i have this, urbanix +1.81 Eu urbanix+CMA offline, white screen good but nothing more i can install super nes but nothing hapend how intall psp filer you can upload a note to mediafire i follow tbe instruction but dont said how install filer thanks and only said thanks to wololo for this i hope can run the amazing homebrew and every one in this project i want coperaate to pay pal soon.

21. quetz’s avatar

Kingdom Hearts birth by sleep into my PS VITA!!!

NOW I REALLY LOVE THIS TOY :D

22. boom’s avatar

Give titles of games to play.. list it please.

23. boom’s avatar

Awww Yeah! Patapon never failed to amuse me.. XD

24. donkeykong’s avatar

i still dont understand how to install homebrew i press X and nothing happens anyone kind enought to explains thanks

25. kakahoho’s avatar

When the US version release?

1. Vincent Beasley’s avatar

Yeah I’d like to know that too lol

26. reggie’s avatar

Hey wololo, I’ve done what was stated and copied the entire pspfiler homebrew into a compressed file named FILENAME.zip as stated, however when I load the game and the save it only shows game which were already installed on the vita. any suggestions on how to resolve this

1. Psvita lover’s avatar

Lol this is chaos lol

2. wololo’s avatar

UPPERCASE.

1. reggie’s avatar

Thanks, figured it out as soon as I left the message. Appreciate the work that you and TN have done.

27. natsu’s avatar

CAN ANYONE HELP ME WITH A $10 US PSN CARD???

i am kinda desperate right now..:( its night time and i cant buy one now

28. Badsam’s avatar

I don’t understand why the README guide says all the things about going through ms0:/ISO/ with PSPFiler, As I just put a copy of Worms Battle Islands onto the Vita and played it by simply connecting the Vita to my PC then copying and pasting the iso file into PSAVEDATA/fa4e7b53ec155455/NPEZ00176 on my PC then renaming it WORMS.ISO

Then going onto the Vita while still connected with CMA and transfering the Urbanix thing again from my PC to Vita (Pressing yes to overwrite)

The next time I started Urbanix and loaded it, The Worms game was there in the list on TN-A and plays fine.

1. b2p1mp’s avatar

i would switch to OpenCMA if you are using CMA. At this point you are on the highest firmware, but you will get update msg if you keep using CMA.

29. CharlieLafd’s avatar

So When will the US version be released? would all i have to do is change the name of the folder the save file is in to the US versions name?

1. Randqalan’s avatar

may have to change .SFO to don’t have a vita to check myself but did look a files o_o

30. Keneth’s avatar

Yes I also need the US version Did not now it was only EU :(

31. twicefalles’s avatar

How to do that with US Urbanix?

32. MrFreeze’s avatar

Yees & Yeaaah!!! Works … Snes, PSPfiler6.6,Bookr,FTP
    And CSO/ISO :D … But when closed the game cso from Urbanix PSVita is Slow, I think the emu psp not close very well … BUT WORKS LIKEEE xD

33. mohsin’s avatar

aryt we all knew it would happen sometime now they are going to abandon the vita aswell??

34. Dadudeondacouch’s avatar

Ok i missed out on the leak and all the latest news and downloading urbanix coz i was in woop woop aka the middle of aus, i do have the previous exploit for monster hunter any chance the cfw could be ported to the older exploit?

1. Dadudeondacouch’s avatar

Scratch that just read the latest post about the game being pulled and the possibility of the kernel exploit being backported :-) TN is a legend!!!

35. Psvita lover’s avatar

More chaos

36. spicer’s avatar

i donated.

37. Keneth’s avatar

I hope they can Post this to US Version Soon Just got the game in time. :)

38. Psvita lover’s avatar

Make sure to make a copy of urbanix in ur pc just if something happens u have a copy

39. Deadisation’s avatar

Ps Vita: the premium way to play PSP games.
    i have yet to buy a single psv game except uncharted…

40. 2die4’s avatar

heres a link to FILER already setup for the exploit so you can see how the file structure should be

1. kikershadow’s avatar

Thanks may be this is my problem

41. 2die4’s avatar

psp filer is used so u can move the iso cso form the savegame exploit and do not have to go and reupload gigs of data to your ps vita if you want to install something new

42. MrFreeze’s avatar

Install the FTP For PS Vita HBL … is easy copy data to PSvita :) IN WinXP/7 i dont know in Linux/Mac but is FTP … so i cant see any problem :B

43. Darren’s avatar

wait, because this urbanix is a mini and available for the ps3… do you think its possible for this exploit to work on the ps3 as well?

1. Chaosruler’s avatar

No, different structure…
      I doubt that the save structure is even similar due to entirely different CPU arch leading to entirely different OS kernel…

44. floopo’s avatar

i can’t MOVE a game from the game save folder to ISO when i don’t have enough space for another copy of the game , the problem is the MOVE doesn’t REQUIRE space , it’s just MOVING not F’N COPYING !!!!! please fix dat sh*t

45. Azio’s avatar

Hey its work on 1.80 good job guys

46. Cloud Strife’s avatar

Ahhh thank u soo much total noob, the scene is forever in ur debt ^^

· 1 · 2 · 3 · 4 · 5 ·