Release: 6.60 TN-A CFE. Custom Firmware (PSP) for the PS Vita by Total_Noob

Total Noob, famous for his TN Hen tool for the PSP a few years ago, is back on the Sony scene with an insane release: a PSP Custom Firmware compatible with the recently leaked Urbanix Exploit!

Total Noob just published a PSP CFW that works on the PS Vita on firmware 1.81 if you own the Urbanix Mini. That Mini can still be purchased on the PSN as I type this, and if you’re lucky enough to have a European account, you can get the mini for free by going to this url.

I haven’t tested this yet, but I can pretty much guarantee this is not a Fake, and the person behind this really is Total_Noob. More explanations will come later about the features of this CFW, but in the meantime hurry up, get yourself a copy of Urbanix, and give this a try.

You will notice that Total_Noob mentions that Coldbird got access to his exploit from a “trusted” person on the scene. That person is me, and I broke the trust TN put in me by doing so. I already apologized to Total_Noob for this, but more explanations and a public apology will come in another post. What I think is important to mention for now is that Coldbird’s CFW (the thing that was leaked) was actually not using TN’s exploit.

Donations

If you enjoy TN’s work, you can donate to him here

Download

Download CFE 6.60 TN-A here

Feel free to report bugs in this thread

Source: Total_Noob via PSPKing and TheZ

1. bkirby3’s avatar

I am having a lot of trouble trying to even get CMA to even work. Everytime I plug in my PS Vita into my computer, it would say “could not connect to the PC” even though it is running on the computer. Can anyone offer any advice please?

1. Jd8531’s avatar

Normal CMA or open CMA? Open up explorer and go to computer and see if your vita is listed and then report back

2. isty11’s avatar

I copied the files into the NPEZ00176 folder.
      I make a PSPFiler ZIP file with HomebrewPreparer.
      OK. I’m in the TNMenu i go to the pspfiler and extract
      and the pspfiler deleted.
      Help me please!

1. chingon’s avatar

you are using the wrong exploit

3. chingon’s avatar

make shure you are using OPEN-CMA…in the download section of this site…

1. isty11’s avatar

I tried with ftp for vita, it installed but the icon of ftp is hiding…i dont know

2. CodeNameViper’s avatar

Dont bother reformatting your memory card or deleting your US or JPN PSN account that you may be currently using from your vita sony the fiends and sterner pricks they are
    have already deleted and also block out the usage of urbanix meaning if you have a EUR account and the game saved on your ps3 it will not transfer the game to your ps vita.

Sony happens to have snitches which are worse than rapist that go to dev fan websites and monitor every single second they get only to find out the next exploit and report to them in exchange for probably sony reward points I say to all devs keep all projects covered until there is a secondary backup of your exploit because you cant
    release exploits like how it was in the past.

I know you all take pride in your work and the last thing we all need is for these snitches to ruin it for all to enjoy.

1. chingon’s avatar

is that including the copy in a bubble on the PS3????

3. Clark’s avatar

Would this work on on Vita 1.80 with Urbanix or do i have to update to 1.81.

1. wololo’s avatar

I have gotten reports that it works fine with Urbanix on 1.80

4. skyhook’s avatar

Viper i totally agree! Hopefully a developer can make a app that will unblock it so that we can still use fw 1.81 as a real source for tweaking hacking and homebrew running.

5. lisalisa’s avatar

Sony you suck!!!ALL YOU WANT US TO DO IS REBUY ALL THE GAMES WE BOUGHT ON ALL YOUR DEVICES PHUCK THAT!!!
    This is a con project sony has against all owners of a ps3 or a vita with re releasing games most of us already have and slapping HD on the title.

Each game we own happens to have a serial number why can’t sony give us discounts or a free pass on the games we happen to own?
    They’re excuse would maybe be that it must be downloaded from the PSN store then you can download it as many times you want like whatever!

1. UKDNA’s avatar

Sony does have a plan that takes advantage of stupid people, no doubt. And didn’t I read somewhere that the PS4 won’t even be backwards compatible with PS3 games? How stupid are people? Sony is headed the way of Sega.

6. Vincent Beasley’s avatar

ISOs wont show up on my filer! What do I do?? Ive tried everything x0

1. chingon’s avatar

rename the .iso and .cso in ALL CAPS. NO LONGER THAN 8 CARACTERS.

7. NakedFaerie’s avatar

I did find 1 big crash.
    It says it press START to go back to TNMenu. When I press START it locks up. The whole Vita. I have to hold POWER then go through restore menu to get back.

8. LOLZ’s avatar

Is this like Lite CFW ?

9. PS Vita’s avatar

This can’t run in 1.80 Monster Hunter 2G’s Bug ?

10. Lee1500’s avatar

So what happens now with urbanix pulled from psn will we see a port to monster hunter

11. san’s avatar

I run it fine this morning and now when i open the game, i got this error C1-2858-3
    I couldn’t get it working any more

Please help :(

1. tiago’s avatar

i got the same problem i think sony is really doing this trough the content manager

2. StepS’s avatar

you put something bad onto Vita. backup Urbanix and format Vita. if it’s a homebrew, delete some data from CMA.

3. chingon’s avatar

DOWNLOAD A FRESH SAVEDATA

12. 9rockky’s avatar

Thank you for the file,it’s work well! :-D

13. pycotest’s avatar

help this is my first playstation handheld (bought it Saturday ) and i caught the game before it was taken down and downloaded this cfe and i cant figure out how to load even the filler. I have read over the install over and over and dont know what i am doing wrong. So if someone was having the same issue and figured it out (or if someone knows easier explanation). I have jailbroken my Iphone and friends Iphones and gone in and changed some files to customize the phone so im not a complete noob when it comes to things of going into filess and added things. Thank you in advance for your help.

1. Tzo’s avatar

create a folder called “PSP” then inside that folder create on called “GAME”…

your unzipped filer or homebrew folder in inside “GAME”

Back out till you get to “PSP” folder and zip this folder but use STORE as compression method and ensure all writing is in CAPS for ALL FOLDERS + .ZIP

hope this helps

1. Tzo’s avatar

NAMES OF FILES CAN ONLY BE MAX OF 8 CHARACTERS LONG.

1. pycotest’s avatar

Ok thank you for your help now I know what my issue is, how do I make the .zip uppercase and not end up with PSP.ZIP.zip tried that and didnt work.

1. pycotest’s avatar

nevermind i got it thank you for the help you did give

14. Lostnoob’s avatar

Can someone please help.
    I install the filer but i think i have done somthing wrong with the iso.
    I put the .ISO (renamed with 5 letters all caps and extention in caps) file in the npez00176 folder then using filer i created a folder ISO ( all caps aswell) in ms0:
    I then copy and moved the .ISO game into the ISO folder.
    Then i returned to the menu with start and select but it just went black so i returned to the vita menu restarted and loaded urbanix again but after loading the save it goes white then black and doesnt go any further. Have i dont something wrong?

1. chingon’s avatar

HOLD THE POWER BUTTON DOWN FOR 60 SECONDS TILL U CAN REBOOT

2. brennen’s avatar

same problem you got have to format memory card( move game to computer first)

15. ricerrr’s avatar

dose it work on 1.67?

16. Bambini’s avatar

I stil hawe no idea How to put psp games . Menu is opening with 2 games urbanix and another mini. PLZ good instractions how to put PSP filer and iso games on vita(video PLZZZZZZ)

1. zorrodood’s avatar

the NPEZ00176-folder has to go in PS Vita/PSAVEDATA/e0498oenh98rh(or whatever your folder’s name is).
      a few pages back someone packed the pspfiler archive and uploaded it. he FILER.ZIP has to go into the NPEZ00176-folder.
      the ISO/CSO has to be named FILENAME.ISO or .CSO and you have to put it inside the NPEZ00176-folder.
      copy the urbanix savegame to your psvita, start urbanix, load the save and filer and the iso should be in the menu.
      that’s how it worked for me.

17. PsVITAHackbeginner’s avatar

LAMECRAFT RUN SO I CANT SAVE MY WORLD PLEASE FIX IT!

18. Bambini’s avatar

I still cant get games to work. I place games in PSP/GAME/NFS.ISO zip it with winrar and put in ps vita/savdata/32235252/NFS.ZIP why do i need that pspfiler ? I did the same with filler my filler did not work only filer i download from dude who apload it in this forun his filler is working. I try to go into games using filler still its not there. OMG PLZ make wideo i am sick of compresing. PLZZ mage video

1. zorrodood’s avatar

the NFS.ISO has to go in the NPEZ00176-folder, without compressing

19. gtfoo’s avatar

no games i tried work….they just black screen.

yes i put the game in the iso folder with filer.

what gives ?

does the compatibility really suck this bad ?

lame.

20. Enkeixpress’s avatar

Shitttt… Sony has taken the game off of the EU/UK PSN Store.

As a result, using that free PS Minis promotion, it’ll only give you Jewel Keepers: Easter Island.

Man, they are really “on the ball” with preventing Vita hacking.. holy..

21. Enkeixpress’s avatar

Hopefully you’ll be able to find another PS Minis title with the same exploit to use instead.. :)

22. souf’s avatar

Where can I find the backup file?????

1. souf’s avatar

Don’t know what he means by ‘backup file’

2. souf’s avatar

Just don’t know what he means by ‘backup file’

23. Bambini’s avatar

OMG I put my fifa.ISO into NPEZ00176 folder open psfiler create folder ISO and i cant find FIFA.ISO in psfiller menu I wona play MONSter hunter camon help ME:D

24. xdarkmario’s avatar

hey i need some help, I found a way to run this hack on the monster hunter exploit and i can see my purchased games and a test game a.k.a a ISO that has been placed in the ms0:/ISO and i can see it but i press X and it does nothing. it does not freeze but it does not launch ether X just does nothing. the Triangle button does ask me to delete thought…

25. Whirt’s avatar

It would be awesome if someone create DosBox for Vita! Now when is custom firmware available.
    Vita can handle Dos game unlike PSP.

1. Crimson’s avatar

What does this do? O_o

26. HIPHOP78’s avatar

I CAN CONFIRM NBA2K13 RUNS!!! YEEEEEAAAAAYYYYUUUUU IN MY MORDECAI AND RIGBY VOICE

27. HIPHOP78’s avatar

S/O TO Total_Noob, Man!! you are the illest. HERE IS THE LINK FOR NBA2K13, IT IS A SLOW DOWNLOAD BUT HAVE PATIENCE. I TAKE NO CREDIT FOR THIS RELEASE, I AM SIMPLY SHARING. http://rapidgator.net/file/48901247/274NB13EVP.rar.html

28. Abdou007’s avatar

Any know to install the Pro online client to play online ?

29. Ven0m’s avatar

I really appreciate it that he shared this with us. I know i’m a little bit late to say thanks, but ow well ;)

30. Vita101’s avatar

srry for this lame question but how do i install the cfw on my ps vita ? i really need some help

31. Xc@liburn’s avatar

I am able to copy the ISO files to the VITA, using the data01 saved game file.
    then i open the exploit and press X, it asks me if i want to move it to ms0:/ISO, it copies it.
    then when i try to start the game, it just goes black…

tried with 3 ISOs, two just went black, and the last FIFA13, starts to load, asks if I want to save to the memory card and after that goes black…

Is there a compatability list, or should they all work…
    by the way I tried with both ISO drivers, and it is the same.

I confirmed with FTP, that the file is in the ISO dir on the VITA…

dont know what I am doing wrong… help :)

1. Xc@liburn’s avatar

Actually I was just able to load my first ISO, but i did nothing different from what I did for the other ISOs.

So probably not all ISOs work…

32. juan’s avatar

look im having major trouble im try to install snes and other cn i get a setp by step walk through yu reading does help more then show im hand on type of person n thanks happy new year

33. sirus’s avatar

when ever i copy any file,songs and video an error come can anyone help meee pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!

34. TrojLF’s avatar

ok, so i have a vita, & when i had a psp, before it was lost by someone borrowing it i had quite a few iso’s & was annoyed that the vita couldnt use them, im not interested in getting bootleged vita games….(yet) but since psp games arent as new i was wondering if someone would know anything i could do as a very novice game hacker (as in ive never done that yet) to modify my vita in some way where i can off the radar change the vita, i was wondering if i can hack it & make it work like a smart phone or at least have psp iso & regular vita games & etc. but i would like a restart point, ig possible since i got the cheaper vita & dont have cash to buy a new one if it fails or freezes is there a way to put at least back to factory settings?

· 1 · · 3 · 4 · 5