Vita CFW leaked, Coldbird leaves the scene

You may also like...

1. Yes says:

I have extra respect for developers who actually takes responsibility for piracy issue. This seems to be the case here. Instead of just releasing it at once, it is nice to see that they concider the outcome of the release.

2. INFINITY says:

Wait! What about UVLOADER is that still going or is this project based on that.

3. Green Ranger says:

Won’t support this guy ever.

It really sad, that a talented Developer like Coldbird are leaving the Scene because of such a Douchbag…

Every Dev outta here should not support this guy or even try to reverse the files.

4. shadowfire90 says:

Wow, Sad that every time Wololo posts something about homebrews, there are only 30 comments, but when Wololo talks about ColdBird leaving, it gets a shitload of comments. Why weren’t all the people here saying thanks to all the homebrews? That’s sad and you know who you are you greedy ignorant fucks.

• alex says:

That because we all come to his site, and every body knows wololo is the man. He is an awesome dev, and he keeps us all up to date with his site. He knows hes the man. Im one of who know how many people on this site. Even if I sat here all day parsing wololo, I dont think he knows im here. Im grateful for his, and all the devs hard work, but most of them do it because they love it; not to get props from the community. Most Devs know that their work is GREATLY appreciated by most of the users.
      I say most because we all know there is always some son of an onion that is selfish, but what can you do.

• Asukafag says:

Why should we comment every single homebrews and news on this site? And we talking not just about coldbird leaved the scene but about leaked CFW as well, you uneducated swine.

5. alex says:

WOW!!! I just read Coldbirds explanation on his page and judging from Sam’s response to Colbird’s fair warning, I have to say this Sam kid seems like a complete sociopath.
    His response almost sounds quoted from some action movie strait from the villains mouth.
    Whatever this Sam kid gets; he totally asked for it, and deserves whatever horrors are coming his way.

Honestly I feel a bit bad for the kid. He’s probably one of these guys that tries way to hard to be liked by people, and only gets on every bodies nerves.

6. Hi guy, the trick for have urbanix and Jewel keepers free run always in FB !

Enjoy !!

P.S : sorry for my bad english but i’m french !

7. 2die4 says:

some one else will come forward theirs way tooo much e-fame to let it go

8. joseph says:

can any one get this working im not hacker but im going to keep messing around with my vita maybe i will fine something

9. raikov2006 says:

Me and my friends have got the necessary skills to get this working. Even a uni teacher said he will help. The only thing is that they don’t no the ps vita functions and how it runs. And they don’t have time to learn. I’m not asking for anything jus how would I go about doing it my self. What files are encrypted and what files are. Needed to complete this?

• 2die4 says:

You will need to look for the exploit you already know 50% its in urbanix its in the savegame so that means something was edited in some it’s as simple as changing the number of letters in the name if the name is 10 digits and you change it to 11 then the memory might not be able to handle it, the first step is a usermode exploit after which u do the escalation to get a kernal exploit to get the code into memory

10. PkmnCenter says:

Would this exploit work for the super collapse 3 vhbl if it gets cracked?

11. n00neimp0rtant says:

In the event that Sony decides to block transfer of the game between devices via their auth server, I cached their encrypted lists. Even if they change the lists, we can use the old ones since we don’t have to modify them. Email me if we end up needed them

12. Gourcuff says:

So what do we do? Do we stick to 1.80 /1.81 waiting for a hypothetical something to be released (and maybe wait for ages)? Or should we upgrade to play future hits such Call of or Assassin’s Creed and access PSN when the exploit is patched with firmware 1.82?

13. joseph says:

i know alot of people are dying for this kernal exploite right now im up day and night researching and trying stuff
    on my vita with vhbl and monster hunter going threw all the files i hope i can come across something if anybody wants to help me email me joeyj1717@gmail.com

14. Charles Velazquez says:

I’m not saying what he did was right, but at least he acknowledges his mistake and gave an apology in the video. Maybe coldbird might come back to the scene one day, me personally from a programmers perspective. If you really love doing something, you don’t let anybody stop you from doing such. Their Encrypted and probably won’t ever be usable. They were even being cautious about the whole privacy thing, which is a huge step. Look at how jailbreaking the iDevices went in history.

• vampirex says:

lol apology videos… more like sarcasm to me.. notice the latest video, he puts a slideshow of dead birds… to me, he is mocking us..

• Casavult says:

You serious? He posted another video of dead birds… Obviously mocking Coldbird. I think Coldbird deserves a huge long break. The guy has worked so hard over the past few years making amazing stuff for many users.

• Crispy says:

Love Coldbird very much but this part of the scene he wont be seeing again me and him agreed that making a family is more important. He will be still working on his pro online though which he enjoys.

15. Helder says:

This makes me remeber the time of iPad 2 and jailbreakme, when a YouTube noob had hacked comex server with brute force attack and leaked the pdf file that jailbreak only a old os version 4.3.1 that is only installled in first iPad 2 units

This makes comex work many ours to finished the jailbreak and release it before Apple patch it

The differece betweeen coldbird and comex is, comex had released their work and worked hard to finnish it, and couldbird no, do what is more easy, left the scene.

16. Zanor says:

Is it just me or are 80% of the people in the PSP hacking community whiny, selfish, 12 year old aspies? Every time a post is made on this site a bunch of little faggots come in and fucking DEMAND these kind people to release tools that they know would ruin the Vita at a very early time in it’s life. Have some fucking class or a little restraint at the least.

17. 91 says:

Sam bitchass jordam. -Location US Atlanta Ga. Ip- 209.85.216.67

18. Jared says:

I can’t believe this… How can someone be so ignorant? He took this away from so many people…

19. w7y7a7t7t says:

man, sucks coldbird left, i’ve kinda been quietly following the psp scene for the past few years. i remember when pro cfw was first released, and there was the whole total_noob vs pro team thing… damn, to bad he’s leaving he was a really talented guy. well, all i can say is, good luck to him with whatever he purses next. i’m sure his wife is happy though, she probably get’s more time with him haha :)

20. letsrapetheleaker says:

ErrrpGod u guys r so stupid, would you really risk your ass going to prison for a damn game console? Nooo ..so stop bitching cold bird did the right thing and took the no lawsuit no prison time route, that prick who jailbroke.the iPad 2 had nothing to worry about because its legal

21. NakedFaerie says:

Anyone get the leak working? I cant get the long filenames to copy to the Vita. I’m on 1.81
    All the small files if you make the uppercase and make sure they are in the 8+3 files system they do copy over but the long files dont.

I’m guessing all the future hacks will need to be changed to fit into this file system.

22. srk3461 says:

F**k U!! sam jordam! I hope sony gets him real hard… and Good luck Coldbird, you’ve done enough. And thanks for your handwork and time to the psp scene! we’ll really miss you allot!

23. Axido says:

Today someone else published a working CFW for the Urbanix Exploit on a German Playstation Forum. Now ISO/CSO and everything else possible on the PSP is also possible on the Vita. PSV is going down like PSP was. And now you can imagine why Coldbird left the scene.

24. ananomus says:

sound like a baby to me. who cares? cry all you want baby! ;(
    Like you who ever did this keep going you have a follower anonymous wont give my name out dont like crap thrown @ me. Postive feedback from me! :0

25. David says:

I am always so impressed with peoples knowledge in the scene, and it is such a privilege to use their tools. I have a beginners knowledge on programming and it really needs to be your passion to reach levels like I see on these sites.

To see Cold Bird need a break is nothing out of the ordinary. My passion is art and there are days I’m so sick of the idea of creating that I can’t lift a pencil or brush much less create.

I just want devs to know out there that there are people who really appreciate your work and don’t feel you owe us a thing. A passion is for you and you alone and I feel privileged to be allowed to use the result of your abilities. Thank you.

26. agonishadow says:

huh…now can’t get the “Urbanix” from PSN,good job sony.

27. gr8n00d1e says:

Sh*t!!I just hate this kind of guys! They never thinking the result of what they are doing. How many hacks are wasted like this. Damn…

28. david says:

It’s too bad,all of this because of an immature man…

Wololo “everything he’s done for the scene over the past 2 years”

i didn’t knew that,

29. Gaoban says:

You know those files that were leaked by that dick sam whatever his name is. I downloaded the leaked files. They contain Vboot files. They did not work when I first tried them, but then I changed the vboot to eboot ad they worked. I am not sure if they can run full speed psx games, but from the comments I heard that it can. Does anyone know where they can get the leaked files. If not I can upload a link to them. But it seems just like a VHBL to me.

1. October 1, 2012

[...] [...]

2. October 1, 2012

[...] Vita CFWがリーク、Coldbirdさん引退へ(翻訳記事) ツイート !function(d,s,id){var js,fjs=d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0];if(!d.getElementById(id)){js=d.createElement(s);js.id=id;js.src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js";fjs.parentNode.insertBefore(js,fjs);}}(document,"script","twitter-wjs"); coldbird, exploit, Sam Jordam, Wololo Hack, PS Vita 2012年10月1日 9:22 PM Vita CFW leaked, Coldbird leaves the scene · Wololo.netを翻訳してみました。中略あり。 [...]

3. October 1, 2012

[...] [...]

4. October 1, 2012

[...] acordo com um post no blog do Wololo, um suposto custom firmware para o emulador de PSP do PS Vita, ainda em desenvolvimento, teria sido [...]

5. October 7, 2012

[...] rules slightly changed with the Urbanix exploit, as the exploit for this specific game was leaked. We did try to organize a Ninja release around this leak, but we had to give up when [...]

6. October 8, 2012

[...] Wololo FacebookTumblrStumbleUponMoreEmailPrintRedditLinkedInTwitter Tags: 6.60 TN-A CFW, Custom [...]