Vita CFW leaked, Coldbird leaves the scene

There’s lots of things to be said about what just happened over the past couple days, and sadly I don’t have much time right now, but answers will be given asap to all of you. What matters for now is that a PSP Kernel exploit, as well as a CFW relying on it, fully working on the PS Vita, was leaked 2 days ago by a “Sam Jordam” guy on Youtube (download links below). One of the main persons behind this work (which wasn’t supposed to be released now), famous PSP developer Coldbird, decided to leave the scene today, after this leak happened.

I will give as much details as I can in the days to come, but for now let me just say that the files that were leaked have been confirmed by Coldbird to contain a Kernel exploit, but these files are encrypted, and potentially useless for anybody who does not have strong reverse engineering skills. Coldbird has confirmed to me (and in his blog) he has no plan anymore to release this CFW, so what we have here is a Kernel exploit that will most likely be wasted since I expect Sony to patch the vulnerability in a firmware update.

In addition to the Kernel exploit leak, the name of a game with a usermode exploit (as well as the user mode exploit) was also leaked. That game is the PSP Mini Urbanix, which, if you can read between the lines, readers of this blog already knew was vulnerable. If you are on 1.81, I recommend you get this game before it gets removed from the PSN, fully knowing that as of now, I personally don’t have anything running on this exploit (in particular no VHBL release is ready for this yet).

People who are running on 1.80 with the Monster Hunter exploits might want to stay on 1.80. If anything useful ever comes out of the kernel exploit, I am sure it will run fine on Monster Hunter as well.

At this point I think a bit more info is required about the leaker and how all of this was leaked. A private group of beta testers existed for this exploit, and in a sad chain of events, this person (who goes by the names of Sam Jordam, Batman:beyond, or ipadboy, among other of his identities) got his hands on these files through some basic social engineering, and decided to publish them.

It needs to be emphasized that all people involved were aware of the legal risk of publicly releasing such a tool, but this person seems to not be afraid of that (good for him, I guess, he probably thinks he can succeed where geohot and graf_chokolo failed). The hackers even went as far as encrypting the files to limit the damage in case those files were stolen, which is why, in their current state, the files are useless.

I also need to insist on the fact that, in unrelated events, this person had threatened the security of my site several times in the past, involving threats of hacking this site, attempts at stealing information,  illegal port and vulnerability scanning, as well as threats to some members of our community and some of our moderators. This person also insists on his video that hackers were trying to hide this hack from the scene in order to enjoy the hack for themselves, which is not true. Simply, most hackers working on that type of thing are realistic about the legal risks of enabling piracy on Sony’s latest device, which doesn’t seem to have crossed that individual’s mind. In other words, a truly great person, who doesn’t seem to worry he is doing illegal stuff.

Some of you might question the decision from Coldbird to leave the scene and not release his work after this. Please understand that it was not an easy decision for him, but there is way too much risk in releasing a Kernel exploit on the PS Vita right now, from a legal point of view. Sam Jordam took the risk of being the first person to release a tool that could easily enable PSP piracy on the PS Vita, while reasonable hackers were all clever enough to avoid these dangerous waters until know, and keep their work for themselves. Will this lead to Sony taking legal action against this guy? I can’t tell for sure, but other hackers didn’t want to be the ones testing the waters for that. Their files were stolen, so legally everything is on this guy’s shoulders, and I understand that nobody else would want to share the legal burden with a leaker, so there is a huge risk nobody will ever even try to touch these files.

There is also the feeling in the community right now that this person should not be helped. He decided to leak some files? Good for him, now let’s let him reverse engineer the files, and figure out a way to get it to work for everybody else. And if some of you disagree with this and think he could use some help, for the good of the community, then knock yourself out, the files are out in the open, I won’t judge (I’m sure most users would be happy with a PSP Kernel exploit on the vita right now).

As far as I’m concerned, I will try to get at least VHBL to run on the Game exploit, in order for this to not go to waste, and some people have already offered some help on that (they will be named in time).

Keep in mind that all that’s happening today is the result of the actions of one single person, and that is the only person to blame.

TL,DR: Some files containing a User mode exploit in Urbanix, as well as a Kernel exploit (that still has to be reverse engineered) were leaked by a youtube user named Sam Jordam. This guy was a known a##hole for some time already, and has proven to be up to his reputation. The files he stole then leaked are encrypted and not usable for anybody in their current state. One of the only persons who could have helped with this, famous hacker Coldbird, decided to leave the scene after this. There is so far one can go for the love of homebrews.

Bye Coldbird, and thanks for everything !

Download

The leaked files can be downloaded here

Details and source: Coldbird, Sam Jordam

1. Dj Android’s avatar

I have the files as well, I edited a few so it works in conjunction to my Custom Vita Firmware.

2. rodman’s avatar

pffffffft lol ya rite playa/

3. jazneo’s avatar

you guys need to stop hand out expoit to random people you if you dont want them leak

4. Zyrkl’s avatar

Goodbye, Coldbird. You are appreciated.

5. cscash241’s avatar

Today is a sad, sad, day, we ALLMOST had a freakin kernel exploit in the emu. lets just hope some one is able to maby recreate the exploit now what we know that the exploit lies in wlan.prx. It’s sad to a dev go, but its also sad that one person ruined all the fun. This is going to make a lot of people question who the trust allthouhg honestly there are a few short comings in the aspiring vita community like the one exploited here where there is no tight circle of devs or group that every can trust to not leak each other’s stuff

6. auron’s avatar

does anyone have the files? i would like to take a look

1. Xian183’s avatar

auron, i have the files, ill email them to you if you want. Just reply back with your email or shoot me a pm.

1. auron’s avatar

your Xian Nox the moderator?

1. Disturbed0ne’s avatar

No, he’s not a Moderator for /talk forums.

No Moderator would ever give out files like this through Email…

2. Eddie’s avatar

May I receive the files as well?

1. Xian183’s avatar

Nah, im not a mod, id just like to do whatever i can do to help you guys work on this. Eddie, whats your email? you can pm it to me if you dont want it on here, and ill send ya the files ;)

1. Eddie’s avatar

PM-ed!

3. Nick’s avatar

i want them, thx

4. Aneudi’s avatar

i wish to recieve them too if it is possible

7. jwolf3’s avatar

Thats not fair we’ve been waiting all this time just to wait for a custom firmware or a hack to come out and yet one guy ruins it for us all. like is there a way that we could get him to come back and work on it again?

8. Joseph’s avatar

I say someone should hack Sam and find out where he lives and we should off him like the mafia does. Sam is a coward who hides behind a computer and deserves to die a painful death just like Jimmy Hoffa(Except Hoffa probably didn’t deserve it like Sam does).

9. Joseph’s avatar

When we find Sam the coward who hides behind a computer, lets make him swim with the fishes.

10. 2die4’s avatar

it wasnt me

11. Evilgoober’s avatar

I don’t understand why they were working on getting iso to work and having people test it if they were never going to release it, it does sound like to me that they want to pirate games they just don’t want other people to, no matter when they would have released it it still would hurt sony.
    The files are useless to us so why quit because of one a$$hole.

12. auron’s avatar

could someone send me the files my username is sirauron14 you can pm it to me

13. rodman’s avatar

can some one please email me the exploit my email is snake2243@yahoo.com…thanks

1. Xian183’s avatar

rodman, i tried to send you the files via email, but the message did not go through, was there a mistake when you were typing your email address, or do you have another i may send them to?

14. Dj Android’s avatar

Heres a quick tip. Use Areo Racer (ps mini) replace certain files and BAM vhbl on 1.81

1. Xian183’s avatar

Areo Racer is exploitable? do you have proof? if so i may buy it just in case…

1. Dj Android’s avatar

Im running VHBL Using some of the files that was leaked and the monster hunter save. Combine all those with areo racer and The vita will crash then load VHBL

1. Xian183’s avatar

Oh, nice! Im just an end user (newb) but that sounds great. do you mind if i send you a pm?

1. Xian183’s avatar

Hey, I know you probably dont want to be bothered by a newb, but i was wondering if you could explain how to modify the mh save and leaked files? I would love to have vhbl as i bought my vita with 1.8.1. Also, i was wonering, if you are one of the (few?) people who know of this exploit and wololo is close to making another vhbl for urbanix, why would you lay down a hint like that, that may possibly get this patched? seems like you wouldn’t want anyone to find out so that you could have vhbl AND stay on the latest firmware. Idk, maybe im way off, let me know, Thanks. :D

2. Jd8531’s avatar

I’m looking into his claims. Wololo doesn’t have a VHBL ready at this moment as said in the article. If its real i’ll let you know soon but i have serious doubts that HxD will work.

2. b2p1mp’s avatar

Someone with Aero Racers on psp want to try and do what DJ Android has claimed? I am skeptical about this. Why release another title name? Someone can try to make a savedata crash to hbl via psp and not update the vita.

15. zeron824’s avatar

So I can’t use this? So no one can use this? Wow. That guy that leaked it IS A BIG JERK. >.> I hope he knows what the did. -.- Now Sony will be able to patch it faster than lightning. >:(

16. 2die4’s avatar

i updated to 1.81 as i already had this game downloaded from the sony promotion lol if you got this game free you should update its still up on the UK store

17. Rowan’s avatar

Im not 100% sure wololo will allow this but here is the files re uploaded to mediafire http://www.mediafire.com/?yc0p3x1zqvdpppj

1. Rowan’s avatar

For people who want them

1. bsanehi’s avatar

Why would you upload it again when, he took it down?

1. Rowan’s avatar

i thought sam took it down, my bad

2. Turd Sandwich’s avatar

Wow check out this retarded video Sam Jordam made. I’m convinced this kid got mental issues or something. I find nothing funny about dead birds… I’m sure your reading this Sam, you freak get some medical help.

Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQ3SgyRLwn4&feature=plcp

1. Jd8531’s avatar

Flagged for animal abuse.

18. Dj Android’s avatar

All you need is a hex editor, and a save from a game that contains a file that has the same name as a hbl file. Then usin the hex editor rename CERTAIN things in to to make it read Other hbl enablers

1. Xian183’s avatar

ill be honest, even thats over my head, i guess ill just wait for an already compiled exploit. Unless you want to send me yours? :D

19. 2die4’s avatar

i kept my other vita on 1.80 just in case

20. Mojo jojo’s avatar

Goddamnit

21. sonicjam’s avatar

Yay I can’t wait when you release your usermode exploit wololo I wanted homebrew on my vita for a long time.

22. rodman’s avatar

think so?

23. Turd Sandwich’s avatar

Oops i posted wrong my bad. lol

24. jwolf3’s avatar

Can we have anyone else work on this im really sorry about this coldbird that all your hard work has to go to waist but im hoping you would one day come back to the ps vita community i one for myself enjoy cfw for the ps vita if it were released wololo thanks for your hard work and you also coldbird thanks to the ass hole who messed up something we been dreaming about deeply i may not be a hacker but ill soon become one and one day i can also bring something for the community

25. NakedFaerie’s avatar

I’m having a problem with this savefile.
    For me its showing up as French on the Vita where in the video its English.
    How do I fix it so its also in English and doesn’t crash and works?

1. Jd8531’s avatar

It wont work at all no matter whats done unless it reverse engineered.

26. 2die4’s avatar

if no one updates for a year hopefully we might see cfw lolz 9000

27. Andre’s avatar

If anyone that have the files could send them to me, I would be very grateful, thank you, greetings from Brazil, sorry for the bad english

1. NakedFaerie’s avatar

look up…

28. Batman’s avatar

Can this be made on games that support cfw? Like monster hunter? I really want to play Crisis Core but I don’t have that game you guys mentioned, I only have 1.80 Monster Hunter. ;(

1. Turd Sandwich’s avatar

I know right i would love to play some Crisis Core, and I’m on 1.80 using monster hunter too.

Since you mentioned that i am wondering the same thing too.

1. StepS’s avatar

yes, that kernel exploit works pretty much on every publicly announced usermode exploit

29. 2die4’s avatar

also in the future release it in a country sony cant do nothing about like china, china and japan hate each other currently so releasing it on a chinese forum is pretty safe if you do it anon

30. Josh’s avatar

Well, fuck. I downloaded the game just in case, but coldbird shouldn’t have left the scene. I was fucking waiting patiently for him to release xD. Well, gj Sam, you fcked this up for everyone.

31. Josh’s avatar

Damn, sorry for cursing T_T

32. dave’s avatar

is it still on the psn? and has it been patched?

33. miguel’s avatar

it still hasnt been brought down. i just bouugght it.

34. 2die4’s avatar

if the ps3 cfw 4.21 is real then we will have the vita keys so hopefully it is and it will pawn this

35. 2die4’s avatar

it has not been patchd they do not know what to patch as the file is excrypted

1. StepS’s avatar

they do… exploit itself is not encrypted. only firmware.

36. 2die4’s avatar

who has heard about the vita browser exploit ????

and the vita browser is the same software

1. wololo’s avatar

I blogged about this a few days ago, and mentioned that this could be applied to the vita.

37. kikershadow’s avatar

espero y se haga un port de esto para poder simplificar el xploit y hacer publicos los archivo tan mencionados y poder dar la ultima esperanza a vita en 1.81 y todos los que estamos aqui apoyemos en todo lo necesario ya sea economico o moral para poder dar este paso y asi seguri con el proyecto vhl y mas ports o esto es caso cerrado y nunca sabremos de hombrew en nuestras vita

38. Pirate Cat’s avatar

As I’m very tired, I want to make sure I’m reading this right:
    Some nob knowingly ruined a Vita exploit for everyone?

Or is this a kernal exploit for the PSP emulator on the Vita?

1. matt’s avatar

Kernel exploit for PSP emu on Vita (and a user mode exploit as well) – jerk got leaked exploit files, but then discovered they had been encrypted by the creator… and since he was concerned he’d never have access to the hack (it had no set release date), he released the encrypted files and game name to try to force the creators to release publicly.

So he didn’t completely knowingly ruin the exploit… he was just a selfish idiot all around and then his plan kinda backfired ;p

39. Anonymous User’s avatar

I found some information about Sam. Don’t ask me where i got it, i rather remain an anonymous source. This info is real not fake.

name: Sam Jordan not Jordam.

born in: 1988-06-27

location: Manhattan, NYC

email: xbatmanbeyondx(at)gmail.com

Xbox live id: XBatmanBeyondX

IP Address: 167.25.98.0

I will keep you guy’s updated once i collect more info.

Viva La Revolucion!

1. Anonymous User’s avatar

Sam number: 347-709-6345

40. john’s avatar

so this game has a kexploite for 1:81? and the files are encrypted for the cfw? i can decrypt them with ease. but what this dude has done is wrong and right at the same time. i thank him for leaking greedy hackers work to everyone. what i dislike is that he did it at the wrong time.

1. Pirate Cat’s avatar

It’s not like Coldbird, or anyone else, was releasing tidbits of information to piss everyone off.

1. 2die4’s avatar

No ps3 cfw after 3.55 that’s what its about, that’s why stuff is not released so early in the cycle

41. trecenters’s avatar

PS Scene = Drama

If it isn’t one thing then its another.

1. NakedFaerie’s avatar

exactly.
      Why cant it be like the 360 scene. They always release things without any problems. EVERYTHING works in the 360 scene. NO DRM DONGLES, NO Devs crying, NONE of the crap we get in the PS Scenes.

How about the PS Scenes look for some GOOD devs, some that RELEASE things and DONT CRY when things get leaked. Oh NOTHING will be LEAKED as it will get released so you cant leak something thats already released can you.

To the PS Scene devs, GROW UP and STOP CRYING!
      You’ve had ISO backups playing for months so WHY didn’t you release it? BECAUSE YOU ARE PRICKS! WE DONT NEED YOU IN THE SCENE. We need people that WILL release things and NOT HIDE them from the public.

1. Jd8531’s avatar

I agree. I’ve been in the PS scene and Xbox scene since the start in which the Xbox scene in comparison is way beyond in terms of efficiency and having a supportive community base. Furthermore you are also very wrong, there are devs releasing. They do not keep them to themselves, there way too many issues; it’s not as simple as it seems to just put out such a powerful tool. It’s like the creation of the Nuclear Bomb. If they were hiding stuff, then why were people able to test it?

2. wololo’s avatar

Coldbird has delivered countless times to this scene, but maybe you weren’t around for the past 2 years, when the Pro team was one of the few who still cared enough for the PSP. Maybe you also missed Pro Online, the one big scene announcement on the scene this year, and maybe you missed the detail where it says Coldbird is paying for the server from his own pocket. Talk about being ungrateful, saying a guy like Coldbird is a prick.

I know you’ve been around for a long time, and all I’ve seen you do as long as I’ve been on the psp scene is complaining constantly. Just find exploits on your own, or at least f##ing contribute something other than rants, then you can talk.

Additionally, Sony is much much more inclined to sue people, did you miss the news last year too? People are not stupid enough that they want to get sued over a game console. This is not about keeping the exploit for themselves, this is about protecting their ass first.

You don’t like the rules of this scene? Then come up with your own exploits, and change the rules. Beggars can’t be choosers.

1. NakedFaerie’s avatar

I’ve done things in the scene and what I’ve done I’ve released but its all been anonymously. I’m not stupid enough to sign my work like half the “fame hunters” out there. I release things for the scene. I’ve moved from the PSP to the PS3 and when PS3CFW first came out I released a lot and again it all was anonymously as I’m not a fame hunter.
          I’ve also put my hand up for anyone wanting to release anything to do it under my name or give it to me and I’ll release it as I’m not scared of Sony. Let them come and sue me and I’ll laugh at them in court. I’ve already taken them to court 3 times and won each time.

You know why this release doesn’t work for anyone? It’s because he’s signed it to only work on 1 Vita. THATS why the PS scene sucks when A-holes like him do that. HOW is the scene supposed to grow when people lock down things like this. Thats what the scene is supposed to do, REMOVE DRM NOT insert their own drm.
          Even if it is an internal thing WHY lock it down? If it does get leaked there might be someone better that can fix it and get it working better than the original dev can but as its locked up nobody can do a thing with it but look at a useless file and wonder.
          I’ve left the PSP scene years ago as there are too many a-holes in it. Mainly the devs. they have their own little group and dont like to share with anyone. If someone finds a way to play backups thats kept to themselves until they remove all ability to play backups then release it.
          Thats what the scene started as. NOT a way for homebrew a way to play backups. It started years ago with carts then mod chips and when it got to the xbox360 it was just a firmware modification. Same with the PSP and PS3, just a firmware mod and backups can be played but the devs dont like that so they try their hardest to block it and not release it to the public if it can play backups.

I bet there is probably a real Vita CFW but not released coz it can play backups and they haven’t found a way to block backups from being played thats why they haven’t released it. THATS why the PS SCENE SUCKS and full of A-HOLES.

1. Razorbacktrack’s avatar

Are you Sam Jordan ?

2. ass’s avatar

Agree with – NakedFaerie

3. wololo’s avatar

Again, if you don’t like ethical hacking, feel free to release stuff on your own. I personally take pride to know that the work in which I am personally involved is not screwing anybody up, even if I know not everybody thinks like that. You like backups and stuff, good for you, but don’t insist that people who are more on the “homebrew” side work to fulfill your desires :)

4. ji5aw’s avatar

CB did a great job, no doubt. He owes nothing to nobody.

to NakedFaerie: u might be a dev, but u r anything but a hacker. u r satisfied with and obsessed in releasing things, which is the last thing a hacker would do.

5. ProgZ’s avatar

Wait, did you just say ‘ethical hacking’? I’m sorry, Wololo, but what a bunch of horseshit. Hacking is hacking, and it’s always done for the purpose of forcing something to do something it wasn’t meant to. This is already a breach of ethics, so hiding under the white lie of protecting the future of the hardware just doesn’t hold water.

As far as leaking hacks early, it’s a breach of trust and that’s also unethical..But when you’re dealing with an unethical situation, how can you reasonably expect people to take trust seriously?

6. wololo’s avatar

@ProgZ if you can’t make a difference between what we do on this site and piracy, I think you lack perspective. Ethics are of course always subjective, but your definition sounds very extreme to the point of being ridiculous.

By the way, I am into “ethical” hacking not for ethical reasons, just because I happen to have no personal interest in pirating games or playing backups, so this is more circumstantial in my case, I believe I’ve made that pretty clear several times. I’m not pretending anybody’s trying to shield Sony from anything here, do not put words in my mouth.

42. Jdubz’s avatar

Well, I can certainly understand why he would leave the scene like he did. Hats off to you Coolbird and good luck!
    …..
    ……..oh I almost forgot. Lick my nutz Sam and F U sony.

1. NakedFaerie’s avatar

Really? She’s had the exploit for months and when it finally gets leaked she goes off crying. She needs to grow up and get out of preschool and into the real world where the public are waiting for things like this and to release them so other people and devs can better it NOT keep it hidden forever and not release it. If it was a new hack and its only been around for a few weeks and needs work then ok, but this has been around for at least 6 months and just not released coz they want to keep it from the public.

1. GBOT’s avatar

You definitely are Sam Jordan, FU and gtfo

43. Turd Sandwich’s avatar

name: Sam Jordan not Jordam.

born in: 1988-06-27

location: Manhattan, NYC

email: xbatmanbeyondx(at)gmail.com

Xbox live id: XBatmanBeyondX

IP Address: 167.25.98.0

Number: 347-709-6345

I will keep you guy’s updated once i collect more info.

Viva La Revolucion!

1. Johnny Bravo’s avatar

Do you feel like a big man now that you released his details?

WHY would you even do that? Are you a complete moron?

1. David’s avatar

NakedFaerie,Johnny Bravo,Sam Jordan,leave this place and fuck you

2. Turd Sandwich’s avatar

@Johnny bravo or should I say Sam. You deserved it after all you done, faggot. What goes around comes around. Deal with it! :)

44. trecenters’s avatar

I guess all is lost forever. I am quitting this scene also and throwing away my Vita and my PS3. Xbox is probably next. Some kid pissed in someone’s Cool Aid. It is garbage now.

1. Johnny Bravo’s avatar

NO, the Xbox360 scene is fill of real devs that do actually help the scene. It will always be great.

45. trecenters’s avatar

LOL^ This kid will be hunted down and scared to death for the next few months. He will never know who is watching him.

46. gagdet’s avatar

juvenile “hackers” = warez shitcocks as i said before.

47. Johnny Bravo’s avatar

Hang on. If he encrypted it to only work with that 1 Vita then WHY did he leave the scene when it got leaked? If it cant run on anyone elses Vita then whats the problem?
    Is he a total girl and having a cry coz the public know about it now? WHY doesn’t he finish it as nobody can use the leaked files so him leaving the scene is just him having a cry.

1. mrSoczi’s avatar

Yup… same here. I don’t get it. If it’s encrypted then nothing got leaked. If it can be decrypted than all this talk about “taking the CFW with me to the grave” is pointless. I don’t get this drama. Really… I don’t. It doesn’t have any sense.

1. Razorbacktrack’s avatar

Maybe because IT IS HIS WORK AND NOT YOUR so HE CAN DO WHAT HE WANT WITH IT ?? If I made something I will get angry If someone as Sam Idiot Jornan leak my work.

1. mrSoczi’s avatar

OMG… I know that basic logic is not the strong side of many people but come on: acting non-sense just because you can doesn’t make your actions less non-sense. All logic aside for a moment – sorry, but for me actions like “now I’m taking my toys and leaving the sandbox and you can’t have them *sticks out tongue*” is so 3rd grade. Really… Coldbird’s blog post is very interesting, I love his (her?) work on the PSP but the part about leaving and taking the toys with him/her is the most childish thing I’ve read since mathieulh on the PS3 scene. Seriously… man up.

2. ProgZ’s avatar

..And by the same token, the PS Vita is Sony’s work and they can do what they want with it, so if they want you not to hack it then you should obey their wishes.

I can’t possibly take an argument like yours seriously when it’s based on one-sided logic and hypocrisy.

2. wololo’s avatar

The things that were leaked are a relatively old build. In the meantime, the CFW has been improved *a lot*, and that’s what the community will never get. Sure, eventually we’ll have a working CFW, but not the one with all the cool stuff that was supposed to be in it (full PSX support for example will be missing, I assume)

1. mrSoczi’s avatar

Ekhm… so the point still stands :D … Nothing serious got leaked (?). Just an encrypted old build with no great features :) . I’m sorry for being so picky and maybe annoying, but I’m just trying to grasp if all these files are worth the drama.

1. wololo’s avatar

Well, err, “nothing serious” is a bit far fetched. A usermode exploit on an almost free game, a kernel exploit, and a CFW that had at least full homebrew support and full iso support. I don’t know about plugins and PSX support, but that’s already quite a lot that got leaked here.

2. ji5aw’s avatar

afaict, the most sensitive stuff is the kexploit which has been well kept among devs until…
            meantime, dont take for granted that CB is a old baster like i (or u) am. he is literally a kid.

3. mrSoczi’s avatar

wololo: true there. The exploit was leaked – that is a valid point, but like you said in the past: Sony doesn’t check all it’s other PSN games for a similar flaw but creates black lists, so still a new game might come up at one point with the same exploits (maybe).

4. mrSoczi’s avatar

ji5aw: man… I’m a junior corporate software dev after a good technical university and if kids are able to find exploits like these in software and hardware then I’m starting to think that I somehow wasted by years in college and really know nothing :D :D .

5. ji5aw’s avatar

mrSoczi : i guess u r new to the scene. if u knew how old r these teenagers u probably would feel urself wasted (as i do).

2. ji5aw’s avatar

im wondering what VF will do …

3. Johnny Bravo’s avatar

Stop talking crap. You know it that you will never release a CFW that has ISO support. Thats what all you devs are trying to do, stop the public playing backups. This is why coldbird is having a huge cry.
          This leak is useless as it doesn’t work for anyone so the only thing that is really leaked is the name of the game.
          Bit if a pissy effort in that coldbird is leaving the scene coz the name of the game got released.

The public want an ISO loader. The PSP already has a full CFW and ISO loaders so why such fuss stopping the Vita from playing ISOs? Even if the Vita can only play PSP ISOs thats good enough till the next exploit is found and released.

Look at the Nintendo DS scene. The DSi and 3DS haven’t been hacked but they can still play DS backups and thats good enough to keep the scene happy.
          The 360 can play backups and do you see a loss in sales of consoles or loss in sales of games? NOPE so running backups doesn’t really hurt at all.
          The only scene with problems is the PS scene. Its full of bitches. If you got a working exploit then release it instead of holding on to it with the hope Sony wont block it in their next firmware. The real waste is if you have an exploit and it gets blocked before you release it. If you did release it someone else could’ve used it to find a better exploit.
          What do you think Geohot did. He released his exploit and other better ones were found.

1. wololo’s avatar

I stand to my point. You want the scene to be different? Make it different and stop ranting, because now you sound like a broken record. BTW yelling your rage at me won’t change a thing, I don’t have a kernel exploit. And all the exploits I’ve had, I constantly turned into useful releases of VHBL. VHBL is not enough for you? Well send me a kernel exploit and I’ll see what I can do.

Your “anonymous” work, obviously, doesn’t count. Anybody can pretend they have helped the scene anonymously with no proof whatsoever. The visible things, however, is that for as long as I can remember, you’ve been demanding stuff and constantly complaining on the PSP scene without ever giving anything back. I’m surprised you’re still around if you hate that scene so much, I can’t think of anybody who’s been on the scene for longer than you and I, who still are so emotional about this. Most people of your era have moved on, why don’t you?

3. StepS’s avatar

it is because exploits are unencrypted in this leak. only cfw…

2. wololo’s avatar

Why don’t you man up and stick to one username?

1. mrSoczi’s avatar

No need to be aggressive. I have one other nickname (iPhone) besides this one and it was only used for humorous reason in a topic concerning Apple, I think. Not trying to be anonymous. Even the email is real. I’m just honestly speaking my mind in a cultural manner even if others might not like it.

1. wololo’s avatar

My message was for nakedfaerie aka johnny bravo way above your post, it wasnt for you.

1. mrSoczi’s avatar

Ah… ok. You just used the same phrase like me and that is why I got mistaken. No biggie.

2. wololo’s avatar

Yeah, the blog comments kind of get messy after a few levels of nesting :)

2. Johnny Bravo’s avatar

I felt like changing it. People abuse me just coz they read my name. When I use another name I dont get abused.Easy as that.

48. Harnwell’s avatar

Hey I have a question Is there a patch that can bypass update when you connect your vita to ps3 ?

1. Jd8531’s avatar

You can try Charlie’s proxy, but afaik there isn’t a way

49. little-vince’s avatar

After watching more videos from Sam’s channel, it seems like he is trying to blame The Z for giving him the files.
    It’s almost like he’s saying, if The Z didn’t give me the files, I wouldn’t have leaked them. Blame him, not me.
    If Person A gave Person B 100 bucks and Person B spends it all on drugs and alcohol and buys a gun and kills a bunch of people, you can’t just blame it on Person A and be like it’s his fault for giving me the money.
    It does not work that way.

Coldbird, you have rocked my PSP world.
    Thank you for everything that you have contributed to this community and it’s people like you who I strive to be.
    I wish for you the best in all that you put your heart to.
    Sincerest thanks and blessings.

· 1 · 2 · 3 · 4 · 5 ·