Vita CFW leaked, Coldbird leaves the scene

You may also like...

1. sonicjam says:

Yay I can’t wait when you release your usermode exploit wololo I wanted homebrew on my vita for a long time.

2. rodman says:

think so?

3. Turd Sandwich says:

Oops i posted wrong my bad. lol

4. NakedFaerie says:

I’m having a problem with this savefile.
    For me its showing up as French on the Vita where in the video its English.
    How do I fix it so its also in English and doesn’t crash and works?

5. 2die4 says:

if no one updates for a year hopefully we might see cfw lolz 9000

6. Andre says:

If anyone that have the files could send them to me, I would be very grateful, thank you, greetings from Brazil, sorry for the bad english

7. Batman says:

Can this be made on games that support cfw? Like monster hunter? I really want to play Crisis Core but I don’t have that game you guys mentioned, I only have 1.80 Monster Hunter. ;(

• Turd Sandwich says:

I know right i would love to play some Crisis Core, and I’m on 1.80 using monster hunter too.

Since you mentioned that i am wondering the same thing too.

8. 2die4 says:

also in the future release it in a country sony cant do nothing about like china, china and japan hate each other currently so releasing it on a chinese forum is pretty safe if you do it anon

9. Josh says:

Damn, sorry for cursing T_T

10. dave says:

is it still on the psn? and has it been patched?

11. miguel says:

it still hasnt been brought down. i just bouugght it.

12. 2die4 says:

it has not been patchd they do not know what to patch as the file is excrypted

13. 2die4 says:

who has heard about the vita browser exploit ????

and the vita browser is the same software

14. espero y se haga un port de esto para poder simplificar el xploit y hacer publicos los archivo tan mencionados y poder dar la ultima esperanza a vita en 1.81 y todos los que estamos aqui apoyemos en todo lo necesario ya sea economico o moral para poder dar este paso y asi seguri con el proyecto vhl y mas ports o esto es caso cerrado y nunca sabremos de hombrew en nuestras vita

15. Anonymous User says:

I found some information about Sam. Don’t ask me where i got it, i rather remain an anonymous source. This info is real not fake.

name: Sam Jordan not Jordam.

born in: 1988-06-27

location: Manhattan, NYC

email: xbatmanbeyondx(at)gmail.com

Xbox live id: XBatmanBeyondX

IP Address: 167.25.98.0

I will keep you guy’s updated once i collect more info.

Viva La Revolucion!

16. john says:

so this game has a kexploite for 1:81? and the files are encrypted for the cfw? i can decrypt them with ease. but what this dude has done is wrong and right at the same time. i thank him for leaking greedy hackers work to everyone. what i dislike is that he did it at the wrong time.

17. trecenters says:

PS Scene = Drama

If it isn’t one thing then its another.

18. Jdubz says:

Well, I can certainly understand why he would leave the scene like he did. Hats off to you Coolbird and good luck!
    …..
    ……..oh I almost forgot. Lick my nutz Sam and F U sony.

• NakedFaerie says:

Really? She’s had the exploit for months and when it finally gets leaked she goes off crying. She needs to grow up and get out of preschool and into the real world where the public are waiting for things like this and to release them so other people and devs can better it NOT keep it hidden forever and not release it. If it was a new hack and its only been around for a few weeks and needs work then ok, but this has been around for at least 6 months and just not released coz they want to keep it from the public.

19. Turd Sandwich says:

name: Sam Jordan not Jordam.

born in: 1988-06-27

location: Manhattan, NYC

email: xbatmanbeyondx(at)gmail.com

Xbox live id: XBatmanBeyondX

IP Address: 167.25.98.0

Number: 347-709-6345

I will keep you guy’s updated once i collect more info.

Viva La Revolucion!

• Johnny Bravo says:

Do you feel like a big man now that you released his details?

WHY would you even do that? Are you a complete ***?

20. trecenters says:

LOL^ This kid will be hunted down and scared to death for the next few months. He will never know who is watching him.

21. gagdet says:

juvenile “hackers” = warez shitcocks as i said before.

22. Johnny Bravo says:

Hang on. If he encrypted it to only work with that 1 Vita then WHY did he leave the scene when it got leaked? If it cant run on anyone elses Vita then whats the problem?
    Is he a total girl and having a cry coz the public know about it now? WHY doesn’t he finish it as nobody can use the leaked files so him leaving the scene is just him having a cry.

• mrSoczi says:

Yup… same here. I don’t get it. If it’s encrypted then nothing got leaked. If it can be decrypted than all this talk about “taking the CFW with me to the grave” is pointless. I don’t get this drama. Really… I don’t. It doesn’t have any sense.

• Razorbacktrack says:

Maybe because IT IS HIS WORK AND NOT YOUR so HE CAN DO WHAT HE WANT WITH IT ?? If I made something I will get angry If someone as Sam Idiot Jornan leak my work.

• mrSoczi says:

OMG… I know that basic logic is not the strong side of many people but come on: acting non-sense just because you can doesn’t make your actions less non-sense. All logic aside for a moment – sorry, but for me actions like “now I’m taking my toys and leaving the sandbox and you can’t have them *sticks out tongue*” is so 3rd grade. Really… Coldbird’s blog post is very interesting, I love his (her?) work on the PSP but the part about leaving and taking the toys with him/her is the most childish thing I’ve read since mathieulh on the PS3 scene. Seriously… man up.

• ProgZ says:

..And by the same token, the PS Vita is Sony’s work and they can do what they want with it, so if they want you not to hack it then you should obey their wishes.

I can’t possibly take an argument like yours seriously when it’s based on one-sided logic and hypocrisy.

• wololo says:

The things that were leaked are a relatively old build. In the meantime, the CFW has been improved *a lot*, and that’s what the community will never get. Sure, eventually we’ll have a working CFW, but not the one with all the cool stuff that was supposed to be in it (full PSX support for example will be missing, I assume)

• mrSoczi says:

Ekhm… so the point still stands :D … Nothing serious got leaked (?). Just an encrypted old build with no great features :) . I’m sorry for being so picky and maybe annoying, but I’m just trying to grasp if all these files are worth the drama.

• wololo says:

Well, err, “nothing serious” is a bit far fetched. A usermode exploit on an almost free game, a kernel exploit, and a CFW that had at least full homebrew support and full iso support. I don’t know about plugins and PSX support, but that’s already quite a lot that got leaked here.

• ji5aw says:

afaict, the most sensitive stuff is the kexploit which has been well kept among devs until…
            meantime, dont take for granted that CB is a old baster like i (or u) am. he is literally a kid.

• mrSoczi says:

wololo: true there. The exploit was leaked – that is a valid point, but like you said in the past: Sony doesn’t check all it’s other PSN games for a similar flaw but creates black lists, so still a new game might come up at one point with the same exploits (maybe).

• mrSoczi says:

ji5aw: man… I’m a junior corporate software dev after a good technical university and if kids are able to find exploits like these in software and hardware then I’m starting to think that I somehow wasted by years in college and really know nothing :D :D .

• ji5aw says:

mrSoczi : i guess u r new to the scene. if u knew how old r these teenagers u probably would feel urself wasted (as i do).

• ji5aw says:

im wondering what VF will do …

• StepS says:

it is because exploits are unencrypted in this leak. only cfw…

• wololo says:

Why don’t you man up and stick to one username?

• mrSoczi says:

No need to be aggressive. I have one other nickname (iPhone) besides this one and it was only used for humorous reason in a topic concerning Apple, I think. Not trying to be anonymous. Even the email is real. I’m just honestly speaking my mind in a cultural manner even if others might not like it.

• Johnny Bravo says:

I felt like changing it. People abuse me just coz they read my name. When I use another name I dont get abused.Easy as that.

23. Harnwell says:

Hey I have a question Is there a patch that can bypass update when you connect your vita to ps3 ?

24. After watching more videos from Sam’s channel, it seems like he is trying to blame The Z for giving him the files.
    It’s almost like he’s saying, if The Z didn’t give me the files, I wouldn’t have leaked them. Blame him, not me.
    If Person A gave Person B 100 bucks and Person B spends it all on drugs and alcohol and buys a gun and kills a bunch of people, you can’t just blame it on Person A and be like it’s his fault for giving me the money.
    It does not work that way.

Coldbird, you have rocked my PSP world.
    Thank you for everything that you have contributed to this community and it’s people like you who I strive to be.
    I wish for you the best in all that you put your heart to.
    Sincerest thanks and blessings.

25. ProgZ says:

The real issue I have with this is the immaturity. One person proves untrustworthy and immature and releases completely non-functional work so another person proves immature and promises that no one will have the working version. It’s that act of punishing the innocent for the actions of a guilty party that I have a serious problem with and it shows a distinct lack of maturity and foresight as this seems to happen over and over and over in emulation/software hacking communities.

• wololo says:

Coldbird’s goal was not to punish anybody, he just needed the break after an intense amount of stress. Try to remember everything he’s done for the scene over the past 2 years before you judge. At this point it’s crazy there are still people who question his decisions given how relentless he has been in improving his tools for the scene.

26. trecenters says:

I gave the wrong person keys to my house and someone has taken a bottle of my wine.

I was saving that wine until it was old enough to drink.

I will never drink alcohol and never let anyone in my house again.

I had the cork glued though so good luck opening it.

When would my wine ever be old enough? That is the question.

There will always be one more year that I want it to age.

It is humanity’s fault because that one person couldn’t be trusted.

Goodbye World.

27. vampirex says:

To be honest, PSP drama has been going on ever since i can remember.. Back when M33 CFW bricked PSPs when eboots were edited… my point is… im sad that the psp scene is dead, but also happy that maybe finally people will learn to respect these amazing people, and remember the things they have done. Good luck Coldbird.. tbh, i was actually hoppin he’d keep working on and release the Prometheus Online for PSP-1000… seems like that dream is down the drain as well.

Good bye PSP-Scene, may you RIP.

• StepS says:

he is still working on prometheus online

• shadowfire90 says:

yes scene drama lmao
      leaving the ‘scene’ is pointless.
      about as pointless as hiding your head in the sand with your body sticking out and thinking your hidden from the world and no one can see you or the problems around you.

If sony wanted to go after this person, the proof is already there so leaving the scene is pointless. (which I really don’t think they would do)

Sorry to hear your work was leaked but thats the risk you take when you put files into other peoples hands.
      Hopefully this is just a temp set back as I really don’t want to purchase all these psp games again :/

Even when I had custom fw on my old psp, I still bought all my games. I just liked and enjoyed the ability to do more with it.

28. Quarterback says:

since Sony knows what game has a kernel exploit. goodluck

• Gadorach says:

Kernel exploits usually have no reliance on the game its self, it just requires a way to execute the exploit, so a usermode exploit is just the way in. As long as we have a usermode exploit, we can run this kernel exploit, right up to the point at which it’s decrypted and released, and therefore patched. Never think that a kernel exploit is always reliant on a game, as that’s simply not the case.

• Quarterback says:

my point is the game will be patched next firmware update.

oh well i dont have enough knowledge about this thing.

29. Yes says:

I have extra respect for developers who actually takes responsibility for piracy issue. This seems to be the case here. Instead of just releasing it at once, it is nice to see that they concider the outcome of the release.

30. INFINITY says:

Wait! What about UVLOADER is that still going or is this project based on that.

31. Green Ranger says:

Won’t support this guy ever.

It really sad, that a talented Developer like Coldbird are leaving the Scene because of such a Douchbag…

Every Dev outta here should not support this guy or even try to reverse the files.

32. alex says:

WOW!!! I just read Coldbirds explanation on his page and judging from Sam’s response to Colbird’s fair warning, I have to say this Sam kid seems like a complete sociopath.
    His response almost sounds quoted from some action movie strait from the villains mouth.
    Whatever this Sam kid gets; he totally asked for it, and deserves whatever horrors are coming his way.

Honestly I feel a bit bad for the kid. He’s probably one of these guys that tries way to hard to be liked by people, and only gets on every bodies nerves.

33. Hi guy, the trick for have urbanix and Jewel keepers free run always in FB !

Enjoy !!

P.S : sorry for my bad english but i’m french !

34. 2die4 says:

some one else will come forward theirs way tooo much e-fame to let it go

35. joseph says:

can any one get this working im not hacker but im going to keep messing around with my vita maybe i will fine something

36. raikov2006 says:

Me and my friends have got the necessary skills to get this working. Even a uni teacher said he will help. The only thing is that they don’t no the ps vita functions and how it runs. And they don’t have time to learn. I’m not asking for anything jus how would I go about doing it my self. What files are encrypted and what files are. Needed to complete this?

• 2die4 says:

You will need to look for the exploit you already know 50% its in urbanix its in the savegame so that means something was edited in some it’s as simple as changing the number of letters in the name if the name is 10 digits and you change it to 11 then the memory might not be able to handle it, the first step is a usermode exploit after which u do the escalation to get a kernal exploit to get the code into memory

37. PkmnCenter says:

Would this exploit work for the super collapse 3 vhbl if it gets cracked?

38. n00neimp0rtant says:

In the event that Sony decides to block transfer of the game between devices via their auth server, I cached their encrypted lists. Even if they change the lists, we can use the old ones since we don’t have to modify them. Email me if we end up needed them

39. Gourcuff says:

So what do we do? Do we stick to 1.80 /1.81 waiting for a hypothetical something to be released (and maybe wait for ages)? Or should we upgrade to play future hits such Call of or Assassin’s Creed and access PSN when the exploit is patched with firmware 1.82?

40. joseph says:

i know alot of people are dying for this kernal exploite right now im up day and night researching and trying stuff
    on my vita with vhbl and monster hunter going threw all the files i hope i can come across something if anybody wants to help me email me joeyj1717@gmail.com

41. Charles Velazquez says:

I’m not saying what he did was right, but at least he acknowledges his mistake and gave an apology in the video. Maybe coldbird might come back to the scene one day, me personally from a programmers perspective. If you really love doing something, you don’t let anybody stop you from doing such. Their Encrypted and probably won’t ever be usable. They were even being cautious about the whole privacy thing, which is a huge step. Look at how jailbreaking the iDevices went in history.

• vampirex says:

lol apology videos… more like sarcasm to me.. notice the latest video, he puts a slideshow of dead birds… to me, he is mocking us..

• Casavult says:

You serious? He posted another video of dead birds… Obviously mocking Coldbird. I think Coldbird deserves a huge long break. The guy has worked so hard over the past few years making amazing stuff for many users.

• Crispy says:

Love Coldbird very much but this part of the scene he wont be seeing again me and him agreed that making a family is more important. He will be still working on his pro online though which he enjoys.

42. Helder says:

This makes me remeber the time of iPad 2 and jailbreakme, when a YouTube noob had hacked comex server with brute force attack and leaked the pdf file that jailbreak only a old os version 4.3.1 that is only installled in first iPad 2 units

This makes comex work many ours to finished the jailbreak and release it before Apple patch it

The differece betweeen coldbird and comex is, comex had released their work and worked hard to finnish it, and couldbird no, do what is more easy, left the scene.

43. 91 says:

Sam bitchass jordam. -Location US Atlanta Ga. Ip- 209.85.216.67

44. Jared says:

I can’t believe this… How can someone be so ignorant? He took this away from so many people…

45. w7y7a7t7t says:

man, sucks coldbird left, i’ve kinda been quietly following the psp scene for the past few years. i remember when pro cfw was first released, and there was the whole total_noob vs pro team thing… damn, to bad he’s leaving he was a really talented guy. well, all i can say is, good luck to him with whatever he purses next. i’m sure his wife is happy though, she probably get’s more time with him haha :)

46. NakedFaerie says:

Anyone get the leak working? I cant get the long filenames to copy to the Vita. I’m on 1.81
    All the small files if you make the uppercase and make sure they are in the 8+3 files system they do copy over but the long files dont.

I’m guessing all the future hacks will need to be changed to fit into this file system.

47. srk3461 says:

F**k U!! sam jordam! I hope sony gets him real hard… and Good luck Coldbird, you’ve done enough. And thanks for your handwork and time to the psp scene! we’ll really miss you allot!

48. Axido says:

Today someone else published a working CFW for the Urbanix Exploit on a German Playstation Forum. Now ISO/CSO and everything else possible on the PSP is also possible on the Vita. PSV is going down like PSP was. And now you can imagine why Coldbird left the scene.

49. ananomus says:

sound like a baby to me. who cares? cry all you want baby! ;(
    Like you who ever did this keep going you have a follower anonymous wont give my name out dont like *** thrown @ me. Postive feedback from me! :0

50. David says:

I am always so impressed with peoples knowledge in the scene, and it is such a privilege to use their tools. I have a beginners knowledge on programming and it really needs to be your passion to reach levels like I see on these sites.

To see Cold Bird need a break is nothing out of the ordinary. My passion is art and there are days I’m so sick of the idea of creating that I can’t lift a pencil or brush much less create.

I just want devs to know out there that there are people who really appreciate your work and don’t feel you owe us a thing. A passion is for you and you alone and I feel privileged to be allowed to use the result of your abilities. Thank you.

1. October 1, 2012

[…] […]

2. October 1, 2012

[…] Vita CFWがリーク、Coldbirdさん引退へ(翻訳記事) ツイート !function(d,s,id){var js,fjs=d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0];if(!d.getElementById(id)){js=d.createElement(s);js.id=id;js.src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js";fjs.parentNode.insertBefore(js,fjs);}}(document,"script","twitter-wjs"); coldbird, exploit, Sam Jordam, Wololo Hack, PS Vita 2012年10月1日 9:22 PM Vita CFW leaked, Coldbird leaves the scene · Wololo.netを翻訳してみました。中略あり。 […]

3. October 1, 2012

[…] […]

4. October 1, 2012

[…] acordo com um post no blog do Wololo, um suposto custom firmware para o emulador de PSP do PS Vita, ainda em desenvolvimento, teria sido […]

5. October 7, 2012

[…] rules slightly changed with the Urbanix exploit, as the exploit for this specific game was leaked. We did try to organize a Ninja release around this leak, but we had to give up when […]

6. October 8, 2012

[…] Wololo FacebookTumblrStumbleUponMoreEmailPrintRedditLinkedInTwitter Tags: 6.60 TN-A CFW, Custom […]