Vita CFW leaked, Coldbird leaves the scene

You may also like...

1. Xian183 says:

Want to read Coldbird’s say in this?? Go to his blog at:

2. Apposed says:

Got the game :) Ima try it on 1.80

3. headwing45 says:

So let me see if I got this right, Wololo had files that could help to hack the Vita for ISO’s, then this Sam guy leaked them and made them useless because Sony’s going to patch them?

Does that sound right?

• juchmis says:

No they’re useless right now because they’re encrypted from the origin.

Not even Sony can access them to patch the exploit because it’s encrypted.

• dramaLove says:

So what would be the main problem to continue the work? No real harm done unless the encryption is easy to break by Sony. Scene should reorganize (again) and think who to trust. Oh, the every-year scene drama.

• Zephyr8965 says:

It’s not just about the exploit getting patched, it’s legal issues. The files technically contain copyrighted material from Sony, so it was illegal to spread those files to begin with and Sony can press charges. Anyone touching those files and redistributing them is risking legal action from Sony.

• Jd8531 says:

afaik Wololo didn’t have the files

4. alex says:

reading TheHollander’s post about “according to him ‘he says he wins if he kills the scene’” It makes me wonder if some people contact Sony and try to ruin the scene in exchange for pay from Sony. I cant really see any other reason to destroy some ones hard work and effort just for the hell of it. It’s really a sad day when things like this happen in the scene. Thanks for your work Coldbird,good luck in all your future endeavors you’ll be missed.
    To all those who honestly keep the scene alive, moving, and in good spirits- good for you keep up the good work.

And for those of you (and you know deep down who you are) trying to destroy the scene, and cause strife among the devs. SHAME ON YOU, GET AL LIFE.

• TheHollander says:

I think you hit it on the nose… I’ve kinda been wonderin’ the same, as to if people are being paid by sony… I just don’t see any other reason…

5. PrimeNexes says:

HE Is Leaving the VITA community not the PSP PRO community.
    He Will be developing for PSP
    Take A look :http://forum.coldbird.uk.to/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=736

6. NinjaKakashi says:

My personal opinion is that coolbird should of kept his faith and if this Sam Jordam didn’t live in the United States I would personally go and put a mask on smash his house up when he is gone including his vita if it was there and leave like I may or may not have done to bad asses in the uk:)

• Zephyr8965 says:

It’s not about faith. Those files are pushing some heavy legal boundaries and everyone involved is risking legal action for their distribution. However, since Sam leaked them, he is solely responsible. Also however, this does mean that now Sony is going to be watching the scene like a hawk, hoping to catch the other hackers in the act. It’s not just a matter of faith, but a matter of the scene just being too hot right now.

7. SSJ-Vita says:

This isn’t going to make sense and that’s fine, but I blame gravity. And sony a little bit, but mostly gravity, I shall defy you yet!

8. windgust says:

well would this mean that sony will have like this way to kill the homebrew on there next firmware?. if it will should coldbird release the unencrypted files or its a lose.not sure whats going to happen now thats why im asking. if the files would be no good might as will remove then from the download sony will just fix or patch it right?

9. Sakuryu says:

Out of respect I wont download the files and won’t do anything more on my vita. Coldbird was an innovator and brought us the amazing PRO firmware. He and the others stated explicitly that it should NOT be released until the scene and the device got legs underneath it. At this point PS/Sony will block this and patch a hole that will now be useless in less then two months. Way to go Batman:beyond, I always had a feeling from your posts that you would be the death of us. I know its bad but I hope full legal action is levied against you.

10. Cloud Strife says:

hmmm strange while browsing some of the cfw files in hex i noticed a reference to a different psp game, a folder called UCJS10041 which i believe is the japanese version of Loco Roco.. curious…

11. SSJ-Vita says:

I just said that to inject a little humor in the atmostphere. If this Sam fellow indeed had financial incentive to do what he did and of course assuming sony is the supplier of said incentive, than in the words of Harvey Dent: “The Joker is a maddog, I want whoever let him off his leash”. Personally I want sony sales to drop to incline them to produce better user end experience but not enough as to ruin the vita. Maybe even this will have a good effect in that people will lose interest in a tablet that is nothing like a tablet enough to where sony finally makes this potential beast a beast. I could be dead wrong and it’s only an opinion. If vita had flash or at least full html5, my opinion would be vastly different. Thanks for all of your combined hard work, good luck and a speedy recovery from these events devs.

12. mohsin says:

he dint leave it all together the psp is his main priority now

13. l.o says:

how to put it on the vita

14. Mr McGoo says:

If im not mistaking, psn is down in US. It wont let me sign in so I believe that they have already started there work.

15. letsrapetheleaker says:

THIS IS MOAR TRAGIC THAN THE CRUCIFIXION OF JESUS CHRIST!!!! :*+(

16. rophy says:

lemme check the time gap

17. auron says:

wow… is the sony hack scene really this childish to supposedly hide and hack website of being “unfair” the iOS hack scene are more organized with their stuff. get it together.

18. Zonic says:

So what happens now? Does Jordam get away with no punishment? Does the Vita scene disappear for a while? What does the future hold for security on the Vita? Only time will tell I guess.

19. JAUZMAN says:

Just like to say thanks COLDBIRD for everything man!
    Love my PSP.I have a VITA too,just wish the thing would play iso’s. Love you too WOLOLO man!Keep up the good work and Fuck this Sam Jordam asshole for fuckn it up for everyone!

JAUZMAN……….Peace!

20. Sam jordam says:

Ahhh@#$%…just don’t know what all the fuss is about..

21. iPhone says:

Just read this one: http://coldbird.uk.to/?e=9

And I don’t really get it… What is this for? OK, I get the explaining part about Sam Jordam, but why are we being punished by taking the CFW away forever? Since the files are encrypted so that noone will use them than why not release it like you planned later in the future, hmm? The only thing that was leaked was the news that You Guys were working on a CFW. Or maybe You expect that someone will decrypt those files somehow? I really don’t get it.

22. goglu666 says:

File has been removed.

23. mxriozero says:

Un Pregunta yo tengo Urbanix en 1.80 esto funciona???

24. madden 13 says:

yo I find this shit funny dude is on his way out i was just on his youtube video and people are really upset. Smh i wonder when sony is going to step in…

25. PSVitality says:

Sam Deleted the CFW Files

26. Darenvy says:

I take this as bad news. Very unfortunate :(. I don’t think I will be downloading the game because I am on 1.61 with Everybody’s tennis :P

27. solidiego says:

I know maybe he will never read it but I want to express all off my gratitude for everything he did for the scene.
    We will miss you Coldbird

28. Jdubz says:

Crap…must’ve just missed the files. >_<

29. Lelouch says:

Thank you Coldbird for all of your great work. Your post was going to make me cry. I don’t know if I want Sony to have gotten the files and patch the CFW or not. All I know is that Sam Jordam is a scumbag.

30. Lelouch says:

I hope there is legal action taken against Sam Scumbag Jordan.

31. Norml says:

32. 00 says:

man FUCK SAM JORDAN, dont be surprised when everybody is totally silent about possible kxploits or whatever the future brings, this guy really just wants to mess with the scene for no reason…..

33. b2p1mp says:

The price of storing psp and psx on the vita memstick is just so much higher than the price of putting it on a psp. If you want kernel then get a psp. Simple and effective. Eventually we all will want to update beyond 1.81 even if vhbl is released. Also my psp/psx games on the vita loading times are even slower than on a psp with extra RAM.

• clicks says:

Yeah, it’s funny that I sold my PSP just so I can buy a Vita, and then only buy PSP games in order to run PSP homebrew on my Vita. Damn Vita games always being pushed back…

34. Tzo says:

is it urbanix or Jewel Keepers:Easter Island + Urbanix or there is a singular game or combined.

gonna download in hope of a kernel

35. Apposed says:

Won’t work :( Only for 1.69 and under… I just found that out. >.<

36. xoombie503 says:

wont work on nothing noob..learn the f to read…
    btw where is dark_alex when you need him.this is the worst that could happen to the scene after dark_alex was abducted by alliens.

• PlayStation Vita says:

dark alex left the scene because sony was making his life a nightmare.

• Tzo says:

Yeh but even in the blog if someone can reverse engineer it could be possible.

Downloaded files in case anything does eventually pop up… I had SC3 but updated on the very slight chance of this happening.

I like to live in hope of Crisis core and Tomba one day being playable on my vita.

37. xoombie503 says:

or was he an allien?

38. Gourcuff says:

I am going to sell my Vita and buy a PSP since we will never get a CFW on it.

39. Dj Android says:

Thats a same :( ….But ill stick to my VCFW. At least thats under LOCKS!

40. Chasez671 says:

It’s really cool how everyone is uniting and backing up Coldbird.

41. Dovahkiin says:

FFS!!! There goes another idiot!!! This is the reason why people will never develop on the scene. I just want to punch that guy in the face right now!!!

42. Mw2b4sk8 says:

I was jw wondering where I could get the files and that what will happen about the pro cfw for the 1000. This is a shame and words can’t describe how cold bird prob feels.

43. multiboy2k says:

“The cycle continues, in the end, Sam does win. The real point is to make the developer quit, that’s more gold than a finished product released to the public. Basically a $ony worker, they love hearing about developers quitting the scene.

One day, I have a feeling Cold will at least finish what he started. Thanks again though, without people like you, the consumer continues to get screwed by these big companies.”

PRECISELY THIS.

I dont understand why Coldbird feels a need to “quit” behind this.
    Him quitting is exactly the payload that was to be expected. In war, the best way to destroy an enemy, is to have him destroy himself. Mission Accomplished.

btw…wololo I was trying to tell you last month that something was afoot at the highest levels and possibly in your own camp. It was not my place to spell it out to you. The internet is both big and small.

Coldbyrd: Why are you not defying gravity in this situation? Show us your strength.
    Fly above this. Reconsider your position in this fight.

• fgghjjkll says:

I don’t think you understand the legal consequences that follow if he were to announce he was continuing this project.

This was kept under wraps for the sole reason of not letting Sony know, not us know.

If he continued Vita CFW development, he’d be asking for a lawsuit.

Please, consider Coldbird’s current position. I feel that he really wants to continue developing this CFW, but now that everything is uncovered, to avoid being sued, he has to abandon this scene.

• multiboy2k says:

I agree with this.
        You are 100% correct in this assertion.

I have been a Coldbyrd fan for a very long time. I let emotion temporarily cloud sound judgement.

• 2die4 says:

their is no law suit unless you release they hypothetical work does not warrent or will not allowe a law suit and once you have done the job release it anon so no blowback everyone will know who it is but as long as you do not come and say it was me it was me they cant do anything

44. the files do work. although they arent really encrypted. its more of a decrypted pack file which remains to not work publicly. i will release the files once i can get them publicly working.

45. Mr. Awsome says:

DAMNIT! THE FILES ARE DELETED!

46. BakedOnSomeSour says:

this samuel kid is a fuckin dick. great job asshole!!!

47. Dj Android says:

I have the files as well, I edited a few so it works in conjunction to my Custom Vita Firmware.

48. rodman says:

pffffffft lol ya rite playa/

49. jazneo says:

you guys need to stop hand out expoit to random people you if you dont want them leak

50. Zyrkl says:

Goodbye, Coldbird. You are appreciated.

1. October 1, 2012

[...] [...]

2. October 1, 2012

[...] Vita CFWがリーク、Coldbirdさん引退へ(翻訳記事) ツイート !function(d,s,id){var js,fjs=d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0];if(!d.getElementById(id)){js=d.createElement(s);js.id=id;js.src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js";fjs.parentNode.insertBefore(js,fjs);}}(document,"script","twitter-wjs"); coldbird, exploit, Sam Jordam, Wololo Hack, PS Vita 2012年10月1日 9:22 PM Vita CFW leaked, Coldbird leaves the scene · Wololo.netを翻訳してみました。中略あり。 [...]

3. October 1, 2012

[...] [...]

4. October 1, 2012

[...] acordo com um post no blog do Wololo, um suposto custom firmware para o emulador de PSP do PS Vita, ainda em desenvolvimento, teria sido [...]

5. October 7, 2012

[...] rules slightly changed with the Urbanix exploit, as the exploit for this specific game was leaked. We did try to organize a Ninja release around this leak, but we had to give up when [...]

6. October 8, 2012

[...] Wololo FacebookTumblrStumbleUponMoreEmailPrintRedditLinkedInTwitter Tags: 6.60 TN-A CFW, Custom [...]