Vita CFW leaked, Coldbird leaves the scene

You may also like...

1. groxack says:

Well that’s why we can’t have nice things, anyways my best wishes to Coldbird, I really don´t blame him, I been on the psp scene since day 1 and always has been full of kiddies demanding for hacks just to play pirated games and craying about the hackers and dev’s keeping the hacks and stoping the scene from going “fordward”.

2. ryugi says:

if i test this file, my svita can crash?

3. Big_Boss says:

ahh what a big mess, i for one cant wait to play things like crisis core/gundam games on my vita. But would happily wait for a scheduled public release.

I hope Coldbird will reconsider and continue his work and not let us all be punished for the act of one silly individual.

Remember as Spock once said.. ‘logic clearly dictates that the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few’

4. windgust says:

wow not this *** again leaking files geez no one learns.
    over the years of watching stuff like this happen just wow.any one remember the times with darkalex and the old exploits back in the day ppl shared files and later on down the road some one all was leaks something what a wast.
    coldbird next time man dont share keep it tell you get it working would be the safest way to make sure this wont happen again. ohh and thanks for all the work you did in them days :)

5. zercath says:

comes down to these devs selfish ways,able to run.iso and not releasing coz its not the right time?yeah like it will hurt million dollar sony

• juchmis says:

Considering who made it I believe the intention of the developer was to release it at some point.

There is a “right time” with these things. When exploits are incredibly easy (DS, PSP) and many people take advantage of it you’re going to lose support for the system.

It’s not Sony they were worried about, screw Sony, it was the developers who make the Vita games and the PSN titles. They’re the ones who lose with piracy. Console pirates aren’t like most other pirates. Due to the nature of the console hacks you usually lose the ability to run most of the services legit consoles have access too. Usually once their console is hacked they only buy a handful of games afterwards.

Do developers have a right to keep their work private? Yes, but they have to keep their work private. As soon as they give it to any other person they forfeit the right to keep it contained. In fact as soon as the work leaves their head, a developer no longer truly has control of it.

6. Crimson says:

Temptation is a dangerous thing indeed in the history of mankind…. O_O

7. TheHollander says:

here is what he posted lately… this *** it trying to justify what he did… Unbeleivable, I’ve been around this since HBL was just a baby getting its first leg on the patapon exploit… and its sad to see some *** ruin it for everyone… according to him, HE says he wins if he kills off the scene… (pretty much what I got from the blog on Coldbirds site)… so why the heck would everybody let thjis inbred win?… Keep it goin’ strong…

8. HackThiefcoder93 says:

Coldbird,Thanks for all of your hard work that you did for us (Sony consumers) starting from the pro firmwares (i still use on my psp go)up to this kernel exploit (kexploit) (although leekers f**ked it all up. you contributed a lot to the scene and we will surly miss you.

9. Xian183 says:

Want to read Coldbird’s say in this?? Go to his blog at:

10. Apposed says:

Got the game :) Ima try it on 1.80

11. headwing45 says:

So let me see if I got this right, Wololo had files that could help to hack the Vita for ISO’s, then this Sam guy leaked them and made them useless because Sony’s going to patch them?

Does that sound right?

• juchmis says:

No they’re useless right now because they’re encrypted from the origin.

Not even Sony can access them to patch the exploit because it’s encrypted.

• dramaLove says:

So what would be the main problem to continue the work? No real harm done unless the encryption is easy to break by Sony. Scene should reorganize (again) and think who to trust. Oh, the every-year scene drama.

• Zephyr8965 says:

It’s not just about the exploit getting patched, it’s legal issues. The files technically contain copyrighted material from Sony, so it was illegal to spread those files to begin with and Sony can press charges. Anyone touching those files and redistributing them is risking legal action from Sony.

• Jd8531 says:

afaik Wololo didn’t have the files

12. alex says:

reading TheHollander’s post about “according to him ‘he says he wins if he kills the scene'” It makes me wonder if some people contact Sony and try to ruin the scene in exchange for pay from Sony. I cant really see any other reason to destroy some ones hard work and effort just for the heck of it. It’s really a sad day when things like this happen in the scene. Thanks for your work Coldbird,good luck in all your future endeavors you’ll be missed.
    To all those who honestly keep the scene alive, moving, and in good spirits- good for you keep up the good work.

And for those of you (and you know deep down who you are) trying to destroy the scene, and cause strife among the devs. SHAME ON YOU, GET AL LIFE.

• TheHollander says:

I think you hit it on the nose… I’ve kinda been wonderin’ the same, as to if people are being paid by sony… I just don’t see any other reason…

13. PrimeNexes says:

HE Is Leaving the VITA community not the PSP PRO community.
    He Will be developing for PSP
    Take A look :http://forum.coldbird.uk.to/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=736

14. SSJ-Vita says:

This isn’t going to make sense and that’s fine, but I blame gravity. And sony a little bit, but mostly gravity, I shall defy you yet!

15. windgust says:

well would this mean that sony will have like this way to kill the homebrew on there next firmware?. if it will should coldbird release the unencrypted files or its a lose.not sure whats going to happen now thats why im asking. if the files would be no good might as will remove then from the download sony will just fix or patch it right?

16. Sakuryu says:

Out of respect I wont download the files and won’t do anything more on my vita. Coldbird was an innovator and brought us the amazing PRO firmware. He and the others stated explicitly that it should NOT be released until the scene and the device got legs underneath it. At this point PS/Sony will block this and patch a hole that will now be useless in less then two months. Way to go Batman:beyond, I always had a feeling from your posts that you would be the death of us. I know its bad but I hope full legal action is levied against you.

17. Cloud Strife says:

hmmm strange while browsing some of the cfw files in hex i noticed a reference to a different psp game, a folder called UCJS10041 which i believe is the japanese version of Loco Roco.. curious…

18. SSJ-Vita says:

I just said that to inject a little humor in the atmostphere. If this Sam fellow indeed had financial incentive to do what he did and of course assuming sony is the supplier of said incentive, than in the words of Harvey Dent: “The Joker is a maddog, I want whoever let him off his leash”. Personally I want sony sales to drop to incline them to produce better user end experience but not enough as to ruin the vita. Maybe even this will have a good effect in that people will lose interest in a tablet that is nothing like a tablet enough to where sony finally makes this potential beast a beast. I could be dead wrong and it’s only an opinion. If vita had flash or at least full html5, my opinion would be vastly different. Thanks for all of your combined hard work, good luck and a speedy recovery from these events devs.

19. mohsin says:

he dint leave it all together the psp is his main priority now

20. l.o says:

how to put it on the vita

21. Mr McGoo says:

If im not mistaking, psn is down in US. It wont let me sign in so I believe that they have already started there work.

22. letsrapetheleaker says:

THIS IS MOAR TRAGIC THAN THE CRUCIFIXION OF JESUS CHRIST!!!! :*+(

23. rophy says:

lemme check the time gap

24. auron says:

wow… is the sony hack scene really this childish to supposedly hide and hack website of being “unfair” the iOS hack scene are more organized with their stuff. get it together.

25. Zonic says:

So what happens now? Does Jordam get away with no punishment? Does the Vita scene disappear for a while? What does the future hold for security on the Vita? Only time will tell I guess.

26. Sam jordam says:

Ahhh@#$%…just don’t know what all the fuss is about..

27. iPhone says:

Just read this one: http://coldbird.uk.to/?e=9

And I don’t really get it… What is this for? OK, I get the explaining part about Sam Jordam, but why are we being punished by taking the CFW away forever? Since the files are encrypted so that noone will use them than why not release it like you planned later in the future, hmm? The only thing that was leaked was the news that You Guys were working on a CFW. Or maybe You expect that someone will decrypt those files somehow? I really don’t get it.

28. goglu666 says:

File has been removed.

29. mxriozero says:

Un Pregunta yo tengo Urbanix en 1.80 esto funciona???

30. PSVitality says:

Sam Deleted the CFW Files

31. Darenvy says:

I take this as bad news. Very unfortunate :(. I don’t think I will be downloading the game because I am on 1.61 with Everybody’s tennis 😛

32. solidiego says:

I know maybe he will never read it but I want to express all off my gratitude for everything he did for the scene.
    We will miss you Coldbird

33. Jdubz says:

***…must’ve just missed the files. >_<

34. Lelouch says:

Thank you Coldbird for all of your great work. Your post was going to make me cry. I don’t know if I want Sony to have gotten the files and patch the CFW or not. All I know is that Sam Jordam is a scumbag.

35. Lelouch says:

I hope there is legal action taken against Sam Scumbag Jordan.

36. Norml says:

The cycle continues, in the end, Sam does win. The real point is to make the developer quit, that’s more gold than a finished product released to the public. Basically a $ony worker, they love hearing about developers quitting the scene.

One day, I have a feeling Cold will at least finish what he started. Thanks again though, without people like you, the consumer continues to get sc*** by these big companies.

37. b2p1mp says:

The price of storing psp and psx on the vita memstick is just so much higher than the price of putting it on a psp. If you want kernel then get a psp. Simple and effective. Eventually we all will want to update beyond 1.81 even if vhbl is released. Also my psp/psx games on the vita loading times are even slower than on a psp with extra RAM.

• clicks says:

Yeah, it’s funny that I sold my PSP just so I can buy a Vita, and then only buy PSP games in order to run PSP homebrew on my Vita. Damn Vita games always being pushed back…

38. Tzo says:

is it urbanix or Jewel Keepers:Easter Island + Urbanix or there is a singular game or combined.

gonna download in hope of a kernel

39. Apposed says:

Won’t work :( Only for 1.69 and under… I just found that out. >.<

40. xoombie503 says:

wont work on nothing noob..learn the f to read…
    btw where is dark_alex when you need him.this is the worst that could happen to the scene after dark_alex was abducted by alliens.

• PlayStation Vita says:

dark alex left the scene because sony was making his life a nightmare.

• Tzo says:

Yeh but even in the blog if someone can reverse engineer it could be possible.

Downloaded files in case anything does eventually pop up… I had SC3 but updated on the very slight chance of this happening.

I like to live in hope of Crisis core and Tomba one day being playable on my vita.

1. October 1, 2012

[…] […]

2. October 1, 2012

[…] Vita CFWがリーク、Coldbirdさん引退へ(翻訳記事) ツイート !function(d,s,id){var js,fjs=d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0];if(!d.getElementById(id)){js=d.createElement(s);js.id=id;js.src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js";fjs.parentNode.insertBefore(js,fjs);}}(document,"script","twitter-wjs"); coldbird, exploit, Sam Jordam, Wololo Hack, PS Vita 2012年10月1日 9:22 PM Vita CFW leaked, Coldbird leaves the scene · Wololo.netを翻訳してみました。中略あり。 […]

3. October 1, 2012

[…] […]

4. October 1, 2012

[…] acordo com um post no blog do Wololo, um suposto custom firmware para o emulador de PSP do PS Vita, ainda em desenvolvimento, teria sido […]

5. October 7, 2012

[…] rules slightly changed with the Urbanix exploit, as the exploit for this specific game was leaked. We did try to organize a Ninja release around this leak, but we had to give up when […]

6. October 8, 2012

[…] Wololo FacebookTumblrStumbleUponMoreEmailPrintRedditLinkedInTwitter Tags: 6.60 TN-A CFW, Custom […]