Release: PRXDecrypter 2.7a

For the many of us who are still into PSP development (or, possibly, looking for potential exploits for a VHBL port) comes a nice update to PRXDecrypter.

Initially developed by Jas0nuk, PRXDecrypter has been updated by various devs through time. Today, /talk member Rahim-US brings it up to version 2.7a, adding a few nice features, including support for 6.3x Eboots, that can be found in somewhat recent PSP games. Below is the full changelog:

• - Now you can decrypt 6.3X and up EBOOT.BIN
  • - You can extract hidden modules from any DATA.PSP including 6.xx
  • - decrypt/decompress 6.XX modules.
  • - Keys for 6.XX – 6.60 added.
  • - Log file can be enabled or disabled on app startup (with LTRIGGER)
  • - Small fixes and other changes.

I haven’t tested this update yet, and to be honest I have yet to find an EBOOT.BIN that refuses to get decrypted with the previous version, but then again it’s not like I tested every single game on the PSP :)

Download

Download on the PRXDecrypter dedicated page

Source: Rahim-US on /talk

1. fate6’s avatar

always good to see people working on the ol’ PSP ^__^

2. qwikrazor87’s avatar

So far it’s worked on every prx I threw at it. ^_^

1. qwikrazor87’s avatar

I take that back, couldn’t decrypt leda.prx. >_<

2. qwikrazor87’s avatar

leda.prx and PSPconsole.prx both have the same tags (DADADAF0) and leda.prx fails to be decrypted while PSPconsole.prx can be decrypted. wth?!

3. qwikrazor87’s avatar

Nevermind, I just manually decompressed leda.prx, gzip. lol

3. psVitovic’s avatar

this is all great guys, but didn’t anyone notice that the prometheus site is down? try it, it’s offline

1. qwikrazor87’s avatar

Try switching to automatic DNS.

1. asci’s avatar

i was wondering too. Online play still works but no website. Anyone got the ip?

2. LOLZ’s avatar

Seems fine to me. I just went to Prometheus site a while ago. It’s not down.

4. CDeviant’s avatar

What is Prometheus even used for? (Excuse my ignorance)
    I thought that it was only for older FWs? am I correct?

1. CDeviant’s avatar

Never mind, I looked it up.

5. l.o’s avatar

how to put it in the vita?

1. nero’s avatar

thats a good question. i may try this on my vhbl..

6. b2p1mp’s avatar

someone should look into the irshell.prx and figure out how to disable magic gate check like Ahmen used to do. This will help users that have the photofast microsd adapter greatly. There is major lag if connect/disconnect usb and when entering video section of xmb.

7. mohsin’s avatar

its good people still believe the psp hasnt died yet and seriously guys try going on prometheus forum it aint working

8. wl’s avatar

looks like digging up the coprse… but in fact really good work