PsVita 1.81 Update Tonight and Could Block VHBL

Jd8531

Blogger/ Amateur Journalist. Indie Developer. Hacking and console security. Follow me on Twitter.

You may also like...

1. Norml says:

Another worthless update, imagine that. 1.8WON, I think not.

2. jayfelice says:

LOL, if they block PSN with this update they will just lose more money in the long-run from people like me. Sony keeps making dumb decisions. Who ever runs that company is a moron.

3. neverthewiseone says:

Damn you sony!!! obviously they new that vbhl will be released the same time as the 1.80 update, they new that they will profit a lot with the exploit game(MHFU)so they allowed many of us to download it and after that they released their backup 1.81 for us not to use vbhl. they just “ate and run with our money”. when it comes to money they are more cunning than jackals!!!

4. jayfelice says:

Sony not too bright, they will lose more money. I’m not updating, oh no they’re gonna block me from buying games off psn now. Sony=fail

5. Etnies22 says:

Sony politics again sucks and prooves goes only for money! They don’t care to bring any satisfaction to us customers…

I’m still thinking to sell my Vita an buy PSP CFW… :S

6. jayfelice says:

You know what I believe? I believe forcing updates encourages piracy, plus I believe Sony loses more money overall blocking people from PSN.

7. I am on 1.81 cma offline still works fine i can send files ofline with CMA for 1.80 work.

In my country still monster hunter but i dont know if this is patche.

8. CYDeviant says:

As far as a game plan goes, this is obviously the right decision on Sonys part. I would much rather see them keep the game on sale, then remove it from the store all together. It’s also a very popular game, they would have never removed it.

• zoraktorok says:

Capcom employee!!! j/k Best poossible move they could make with this exploit, but still not the “right” decision. The right decision would to be to deal with actual piracy, which as of yet is none… atleast not any that all of us are partaking of.

9. ndh777 says:

I know we’ve been tough on Sony lately and I think Sony is actually starting to come around. They realize that most of us that have VHBL are not using it for piracy, in fact, none of us are because we can’t. We’re just using the devices that they made even better than they thought they could be.

I’m hoping that they don’t block it because this gives me more hope for a much better Sony that we can trust. In the Android scene, we’re starting to see it where manufacturers are listening more and more to the people about unlocked bootloaders. Hopefully Sony is doing the same with us. I’ve got a little bit of optimism here; Sony, don’t fail us.

10. sepi says:

I prefer 1.81 than a useless VHBL……….

11. dert says:

if some one has a 1.81 vita, can they get me they make me a dump of the files sent to psn using charles web debugging proxy; so i can compare them to the 1.80 files

12. madphx says:

Confirmed VHBL will not load once you update to 1.81. I load up the game select download and they you get an error message.

For those of you who don’t want to lose VHBL DO NOT UPDATE!

13. quetz says:

i don’t get why sony wants his followers and fans to hate them

14. svenn says:

“fact Sony hasn’t removed Monster Hunter from the PSN points to VHBL getting blocked” I disagree. there was a time before VHBL, and I cannot believe that sony is that short-sighed.

15. cuppajoe says:

Why does the front page show 81 comments but only 9 here?

16. quetz says:

i noticed that you have to update in order to play online games and some apps, and access playstation store. browser works good, twitter too, skype even. facebook don’t.

17. jamesssss says:

All I can say, f*** you sony!

What new feature have you added to this downgrade? last time I lost the ability to change user accounts with my memory card whats this one do? burn my PSN account permanently to the PS Vita so that I can never change it again or sell the damn thing.

Why do they make such great hardware and then hate there customers so much? makes no sense to me.

• yyy says:

Nothing was added here, expect blocking VHBL and maybe some stability fixes. I’ve had my Vita freezing on me a few times, only time will tell if i will notice it in 1.81 as well.

18. jlo138 says:

I just put my Go on eBay. I just don’t have the time anymore… I seen the receipt and I got it in ’09. I hardly even play it.

• Jd8531 says:

How much? I’ve actually kind of been wanting another go

• jlo138 says:

I’m asking $300 with best offer option. It has 46 PSN games and three 16gb M2 Sticks. I also include all the games backed up on DVDs with licenses (in case of accidental deletion). 6.20 OFW. Plus two aluminum shells, RCA and component out cables, original charger. Adult owned and is in excellent condition. Screen protector since day one. And all manuals etc with original box. I don’t ship outside of the U.S though.

19. jayfelice says:

I’ve never had my Vita freeze on me, and I use VHBL. If you have your Vita freezing, I would get it checked out and get a new one or have it repaired by someone.

20. tatsuya says:

i have update 1.8 but it seem dont block psn ;)
    but they remove the urbanix game :(