Neur0n explains how to run VHBL on Monster Hunter 3rd

Update: Given my gigantic fail at translating Neur0n’s explanation, he kindly gave me a better explanation in English. I updated the steps.

Some of you have been using Monster Hunter 3rd in order to run VHBL. It has occurred to me that the instructions on the VHBL download page are specific to the other versions of the Monster Hunter series, and do not apply to Monster hunter 3rd. Neur0n has published an explanation on his twitter account.

This might be useful for those of you who got Monster Hunter 3rd either in Japan, or on the HK store which seems to ship the Japanese version of the game. Here is the process (roughly translated from Japanese, please keep in mind that I do not own the game):

1. select ‘CONTINUE’
  2. go to Guild hall
  3. talk with pink woman
  4. select ‘イベントクエスト’
  5. select ‘下位クエスト’
  6. press left when quest appear

The original:

source: neur0n

1. Nicky’s avatar

If you post it early, I don’t spent 2 days for investigation !!!=__=

2. edomaru7’s avatar

1.Select CONTINUE at the game.
    2.Go to the Gathering Hall.
    3.Talk to the low rank quest girl (pink dress).
    4.Choose downloadable quest(option at the most bottom). you need to download the Downloadable quest if you dont have it.
    5.Press left when the quest appears.

3. manny’s avatar

so what emulators can i use on the PSV?

4. th3pwnsh0p’s avatar

The guy in pink xD

5. Mr. Awsome’s avatar

Wow, even more complicated than the US Freedom Unite release, in that the waiting time was due to ads for dolby 5.0, and just went to Download and pressed yes.

One word: DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN…..

1. ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff’s avatar

It’s fucking fake!

1. BigCockSurprise’s avatar

No and you wont be able with vhbl. vhbl is for homebrew and emulator such as nes,snes,gba,n64,sega genesis, master system, atari, etc.

1. AR’s avatar

i don’t think the link i post is a vhbl bro

6. uzi’s avatar

can i use the USA version of monster hunter? and use that save file? or i have to wait still?

1. uzi’s avatar

Ok never mind. I finally got cma to work. I was following how to get it to glitch over to vhbl by talking to the person in pink. That didn’t work after trying 3 times.

So I restarted the vita. Loaded the game. I DIDN’T hit continue. I went to download instead. Then tadaaaaaaa it went into vhbl.

Now i can load psp home brew right?