Updated Open CMA, Fixes Errors

A new version of the Open CMA for Vita 1.80 has been made to easily fix the errors alot of people have been receiving. (This also fixes the music/video bug!)

You can download the newest version here or alternatively if you already have the other one installed you can replace the psp2-update.xml file with the correct one corresponding to your appropriate region at the bottom here

Tutorial for the new version:

- Extract the archive in your CMA folder (program files/Sony/Content Manager Assistant by default)

- Quit the CMA if it is running on your PC

- Execute “run.bat” (you need to run it in “Admin mode” on windows 7

- That’s it, now the CMA should run without requiring to be connected to the internet

Its recommended that you do use open CMA when the vhbl files come out.  Open CMA for those who do not know is the content manager to copy files to the vita and back but without any internet connection unlike the official Sony CMA. It will also not sneak a patch or do a forced firmware update on your device if one comes out and it will not send any data to Sony about whats being copied, edited, transferred or crashes.

1. GODCONVOYPRIME’s avatar

Wait I don’t understand why I shouldn’t use open cma with the new vhbl?

1. Haplo_64’s avatar

DO use, not DO NOT use.

2. ryan’s avatar

You should as it does not require internet connection.

1. GODCONVOYPRIME’s avatar

Ahhhhhhh I get it now, thanks a lot! I truly appreciate it!

2. TelcoLou’s avatar

Cool; one question though; I used the previous r4 version a couple of days ago, and had no bugs/glitches transferring a video file. Should I update mine with this patch?

3. Jd8531’s avatar

You don’t have to, this is more stable but it’s up to you :)

1. TelcoLou’s avatar

Thanks very much :D Stable = better, IMHO, so I started from scratch, also because I know of someone who was still having trouble. This version works for me just fine on WinXP Pro, so I shall pass the word! :D

4. MrRetard’s avatar

can sony detect your cma is hacked and force a secret update to patch your monster hunter game? sounds bad we should all take up wololos generosity and not complain if this should happen. thnx mate

1. Jd8531’s avatar

That’s the point of Open CMA, it doesn’t send anything or talk to Sonys servers, if you turn off the Internet you’ll be offline also.

2. Itherian’s avatar

No Open CMA does not connect to Sony’s servers. Basically it has been patched so it is a offline file transfer and does not transmit any data through the internet about your activity. Hence why we say use that.

5. MikeBeav3r’s avatar

Bah!!!
    I think I will leave mine until I need to use it, have just spent the last hour or two messing about with the r4 release, I have only JUST come back to doing my normal work online and then I spot that it’s had a bug fix, ha ha ha ha, just my luck for timing I guess :p

6. meanmachine781’s avatar

ive been trying to install it with no success the vita still asks for internet, do i need to uninstall it from the vita too? how?

1. Jd8531’s avatar

You need to uninstall CMA on the PC if you are going to switch from the old one to this one. You don’t need to on the vita, just close it out and restart it

1. meanmachine781’s avatar

alright, i kinda got it to work, when i first connect the vita it recognizes it and im able to copy to and from the pc with the content manager but if close it on the vita and try it again it tells me i need the internet it only works if i quit it on the pc and open it again, i can copy other stuff like pics and music without using content manager tho, any help?

1. meanmachine781’s avatar

nop, it just works the first time i install it, it works for a couple of minutes then none, it asks for internet

1. Jd8531’s avatar

You need to replace the psp2-update.xml file then and try that. You must be using the older one.

7. julien’s avatar

this news it totaly not clear …
    is it open cma R4 ?? or R5 fix ??

newest version link goes to http://code.google.com/p/procfw/

please clarify.. your new …..

1. Jd8531’s avatar

It’s an update to the r4 version, there is no r5. On that page in the downloads is the link to it

8. Joe’s avatar

just wanna thanks everyone hard work for making the vita a better device. :) too bad i m too stupid, otherwise i could have help too :(

9. Chase’s avatar

I have windows xp not windows 7

1. Jd8531’s avatar

It works on both if that’s what you are asking

10. shaitan’s avatar

Well Monster Hunter Freedom Unite has left the Australian store, is it just me or did it take longer than usual

1. Jd8531’s avatar

It’s typical Sony plus you have to remember it was the weekend.

2. Hene193’s avatar

So if it is now removed from store will wololo release the amazing vhbl :P?

1. TheSpillmonkey’s avatar

Soon. Probably once it is pulled from all stores. Checking the US store now…

1. TheSpillmonkey’s avatar

PSN store DOWN atm :)

1. Jd8531’s avatar

It’s not down, it’s maintenance. Game has been removed in AUS already and I assume other regions. Just gota be patient 8-)

11. Turd Sandwich’s avatar

They removed the game from the U.S PSN store. Thank goodness I got the game few days ago. Now I just wait for the VHBL files. Fuck yeah! :)

12. Peleep’s avatar

Thank you thank you! I completely uninstalled OpenCMA180 that was giving me errors, and deleted. Then I reinstalled the current version of CMA. Then used Ctrl Alt Del and stopped all CMA processes running. The I followed the instructions in this post re running run.bat as an administrator. Shazam….OpenCMA now works on my Eu 180 Vita in flight mode! Thank you!!!

13. tromendus671’s avatar

Could I still download and use the open cma 1.80 without the vhbl?

1. OciexGamer’s avatar

Yes you can still use OpenCMA without VHBL :)

14. Armookie’s avatar

Well roumour has it that site maintanance is removing Monster Hunter from all stores, among other things. wonder if all versions of monster hunter get removed or even just updated. Will wololo wait till they test after the update to see if Monster hunter is back and test to see if its been patched? Then we may get VHBL release!

The waiting is frustrating to say the least.

1. OciexGamer’s avatar

Yeah its a killer haha

2. Jd8531’s avatar

Maintenance was scheduled awhile back so it was just convenient for them to pull it during.

3. F’s avatar

They never patch the games themselves; they blacklist them in subsequent firmwares to prevent the exploit from triggering.

15. sasuke1981’s avatar

guys i have got a question…which version of cma i need for vhbl? i just need the last one and then patch with this one so i dont have to be on internet for files transfer?

1. MakoChild’s avatar

You just need CMA 1.80. Open CMA 1.80 would be better so that internet is no longer required and so that sony cannot know what’s being transferred to and from your Vita. But Open CMA is not a requirement. Just suggested.

1. oxMUDxo’s avatar

I dont think you can copy hacked save files with out Open CMA or PSP files to install homebrews.

So Open CMA is very needed.

1. MakoChild’s avatar

Oh yeah I believe your right. If you have a save file that was created from an unsigned game on a hacked psp, you may not be able to transfer it without Open CMA. But I don’t know for sure.

16. Armookie’s avatar

How do we know if open cma connects to servers when wifi is on or not? Even though we may be able to transfer files offline, this does not mean for sure that sony still can’t see what we do when wifi is enabled on the pc. Correct me if thats not the case and that open cma totally removes connections to sony.
    Does any one know if that’s correct?

1. Jd8531’s avatar

It removes all connection, if you feel safer turning both vita WiFi and PC internet off you can.

17. Metalliphyll’s avatar

wouldn’t it be easier once CMA is installed to block internet connection to it with a firewall

1. Jd8531’s avatar

If you mean blocking the official cma with a firewall, you cant as the official cma has to connect to their servers the entire time.

1. Metalliphyll’s avatar

i have open cma installed i just blockefd it with a firewall so i dont have to disable my net, i just turn flight mode on on the vita works perfect

1. Jd8531’s avatar

you could but the whole point of open CMA is so you dont have to do all of that :p

18. PSVITAGODZILLA’s avatar

Haven’t had a problem since installing this update fix. Thanks. and I’m happy running vhbl on my white ps vita from japan :-)

19. JustinWeiber’s avatar

Srry if this is a dumb question but I installed the new 180 with the fix in it, but all it does is make the ability to transfer without being online correct? Is there a way to put snes on it without vhbl?

1. MakoChild’s avatar

Must say that would be awesome but I don’t believe the psvita will play them like that. I think an exploit would be required.

2. Jd8531’s avatar

Thats not all it does, read the last paragraph of my post for a description of it. And no.

20. Goldkill1’s avatar

I seriously don’t understand why my vita is not detecting the open CMA when I clearly followed all the steps to working it -_- Any help?

1. Jd8531’s avatar

Are you getting an error? Or it just wont show up?

1. Goldkill1’s avatar

It just tells me that it doesn’t find content manager, am I soppose to keep CMS up on the pc cuz I thought I had to exit CMS from pc

21. Dr swag’s avatar

What if i use regular CMA to put the file to my ps vita?

1. jdubs’s avatar

Nothing, it should still work. Just safer to do it offline so sony can’t butt in with forced updates and all their other spiteful spitefulness….

22. thekamikazepr’s avatar

im getting an electronic cigarrete one i click the 1.80 to download … weird it work nice once but ISP crashed on the middle of waiting for DL now its messed .

Any one else having this issue?

1. thekamikazepr’s avatar

Never mind lol sorry not enoguh sleep tried again: Theres a smal larrow on top that says “skip this add”

Done

23. Armookie’s avatar

Its official monster hunter removed from ps store.
    Wololo VHBL Release iminent.
    Arnookie will be very happy when wololo gives us Files ;O)
    EU Uk store ps1 classics reduced in price also.

1. mang’s avatar

No…UK store ps1 classics same sale price since last week. New sale coming though wednesday.

2. Hene193’s avatar

Finally its removed from the strore
      Now its your turn wololo. =3

24. tromendus671’s avatar

Yeah @ chasez671 from guam!!!

25. tromendus671’s avatar

Did u graduated 2001 from sanchez @ Chasez671

26. Frank’s avatar

Psn back on and monster hunter united hasnt been pulled yet.

27. Frank’s avatar

*US ps store

1. jdubs’s avatar

Yep, I can confirm this as well. I’d still be hesistant to download it at this point though. Sony may have pulled a ninja patch during maintainence.

28. Rivroner’s avatar

Wololo my friend, I will sacrifice a virgin if you want man, but please don´t you make us suffer more time. :D

29. john’s avatar

i keep getting a error “a error has occurred (E-80182014)

why ? and can some one help

30. pinlos’s avatar

hey dude i have got the same error , can some one help me?

31. Tony s’s avatar

k i had em both working offline then something happened and it stopped then update came on now it only works when vita is offline and pc online anyy solutions?

32. yankeebravo’s avatar

i cant get it to work. keeps on giving me the (E-80182014) error. help?

33. addsy’s avatar

i keep getting errors when i click run. first error reads error the procces cma.exe etc snd then other errors like couldnt back up etc. does nay one know what im doing wrong? iv tried over 10 times uninstalling then in stalling again

34. CS72’s avatar

Mhh do anybody have an idea? I install the normal CMA new. (Withhout connecting the Vita at the end or connecting to internet.) Then I try to install the Open CMA step by step as shown in the read me. (Bevor starting the run.bat I kill all CMA processes.) After this, and starting CMA, the CMA freezes, and processor runs with 100% and nothing happens. Killing CMA and restart doesn’t help, only uninstall and reinstall. (But as I said, after installing Open CMA and starting it, then it freezes.) Running XP SP3.

1. Ekfad’s avatar

Me to, having the same issue. Installed everything as admin but open cma freezes and cpu processing on 100%

1. Ekfad’s avatar

Windows Xp SP3 (for the record)!

35. fireproof’s avatar

Can someone help me. Windows wont let me open opencma 1.807z. It keeps telling me it needs to know what program to open it with.

1. CS72’s avatar

Mhh maybe you try 7zip http://www.7-zip.org/ or WinRAR should also work. After extracting the archive follow the tutorial…

36. Miguel Silva’s avatar

PLEASE READ THIS:

FOR EVERYONE WITH THE INFAMOUS ERROR (E-80182014) JUST CLICK ON PSP2-UPDATELIST WITH RIGHT BUTTON AND CHOOSE EDIT AND IN BEGIN CHANGE region id=”jp”> TO YOUR REGION EXAMPLE: european
    (region id =”eu”>) united states (region id =”us”>)

NOW CLOSE AND SAVE IF NOT SAVE AUTOMATICALLY COPY PSP2-UPDATELIST TO YOUR DOCUMENTS NOW YOU CAN CHANGE AND SAVE NOW COPY AGAIN FOR THE CMA AND REPLACE.

37. Tim’s avatar

Hello,
    When I click on the link to the fix for Open CMA to download itself opens a page where a window opens, if you want to enter or leave the page.
    In any case, the page freezes and has probably a Trojan on the computer.
    This is all the scrap Wololo page

38. gjanko2’s avatar

I can not seem to get Open CMA to work, I install CMA fresh then I proceed to copy the files to the directory and run the open CMA .bat file, but It shows a bunch of errors and will not work. Any advice?

1. wololo’s avatar

On windows 7 you need to run as administrator.

39. joey’s avatar

is there any way to know that opencma is running apart from trying it with the wifi off? cause i had no errors whatsoever from my first try so im kinda paranoid that it didnt work lol

40. Disgusted_Vita_User’s avatar

My firewall caught Open CMA 5.0 trying to connect to a UK website, anyone else noticed this?

It wasn’t just localhost either, it was an IP address beginning 178.x.x.x. I thought this was supposed to stay offline.