RELEASE: Open CMA 1.80

We knew it was awful when firmware 1.80 rolled out disabling Open CMA. Everyone hard at work has made a new patch to fix all the problem and it works!

This release has some new features as well as some bugs but it’s working. To use this you MUST have the official CMA already uninstalled.

You can download the patch here. All credit goes to Virtuous Flame for his new version and special thanks to chesethief and ind3x-gosu from the forums with helping me on this.

How to install

The following tutorial  by me and is also included in the download with more details and troubleshooting (just follow Jd8531′s tutorial text file).

1. Download the patch and extract the files to your desktop
  2. Run “CMASetup”
  3. After installation open the folder openCMA_vita_180 and copy everything to where the official CMA is installed at —>(C:\Program Files (x86)\Sony\Content Manager Assistant).
  4. Run (<–DOUBLE CLICK)the “set.dll” file (run everything as administrator)
  5. Then Run the batch file named “run”
  6. It should load everything within the window and it’ll install CMAWatcher and CMADownloader in that same folder.
  7. Run “CMAWatcher”, it should open and close quickly (you might not even seen it open)
  8. After that let it rebuild the database if needed
  9. You are all done!

I was able to successfully copy psone, psp game saves ect without internet on either the PC or VITA with no error. Sorry mac users this is so far windows only and something is in the works. You can find the /talkforums thread here, and enjoy a youtube video showing it working below:

Other files related to VHBL, etc… still need to be tested but this is still good news for everyone who uses open CMA regularly. If you are having errors you can try replacing the psp2-updatelist.xml with these specific ones or the second set of steps in the Tutorial:

EDIT: All the errors seem to be related to the psp2-updatelist.xml file, so just replace that with one of these below corresponding to your appropriate region:
US: http://www.mediafire.com/?8v8kf91h5kjx2nr
UK: http://www.mediafire.com/?gwyky82s2jwlfy5
EU: http://www.mediafire.com/?x8epwbv6l25amq6
JP: http://www.mediafire.com/?8v8kf91h5kjx2nr
AU: http://www.mediafire.com/?gna6fs6f9f9o41j
SA: http://www.mediafire.com/?8hfohuwhc1wsho6

Download

Download openCMA r4 here

1. nero’s avatar

am i the only one who doest have this problem?

1. Jd8531’s avatar

what is that?

2. Empirix’s avatar

Thanks a bunch.

3. oxMUDxo’s avatar

Thanks for the fixed psp2-updatelist.file works now! :)

4. CS72’s avatar

Mhh I uninstalled old CMA completly, then I installed Open CMA step by step as the readme shows. But when I run CMA after that, the program “hangs” and nothing happening, no error, just 100% CPU usage and no reaction, so that I have to kill the CMA process with the task manager. I am running XP SP3. The only special thing: After starting run.bat a error in the console appears, that the kill command to kill cma processes doesn’t work. (So I kill cma.exe and other cma processes with task manager, before I start run.bat) But anyway – CMA just freezes after start. Any ideas ?

1. Jd8531’s avatar

try the new update on the blog i posted

1. CS72’s avatar

Thank you. I tried the new update, but same problem. I will try now on my office notebook, then I will see if I am doing something wrong, or if it’s a problem with my system. But anyway, new VHBL is already working on my vita, I had no problems with the official cma. (But anyway, I will continue to try install the open cma)

2. flynn’s avatar

Moi aussi même problême! j’comprends pas.

5. Wrozen’s avatar

yay :) it worked

6. meanmachine781’s avatar

do i have to uninstall the original?

1. meanmachine781’s avatar

ppppfff nevermind, didnt read the whole thing lol

7. meanmachine781’s avatar

do you have to uninstall it from the vita? if so how???

1. Jd8531’s avatar

go the new post on the blog, there’s an update
      you dont

8. Andresmka’s avatar

mmmm. I don’t know , but once again my PSV says error.

1. Jd8531’s avatar

go the new post on the blog, there’s an update

9. jim’s avatar

I just want to say thanks to the devs. awesome work all around. I read all posts and I am seeing people with error problems. I am not getting and error. What I am getting is can not connect to pc problem. I am going in circles because I can not figure out what I am doing wrong. I even updated the xml file and tried different ones and restarted the vita.

1. jim’s avatar

update I noticed that when I run.bat it will shut down my cma. is that normal cause after that I run cmawatchers.exe and thats when vita says can not connect to pc.

1. jim’s avatar

third post please dont hate me. after i install everything and run cmawatcher.exe… I then ran cma.exe and it opened up and I ran rebuild database now it works. so those of you that have the same problem that I was having try what I just wrote and I hope it helps you.

10. psp411’s avatar

I just get something rare, I have two Vitas, 1 for me and 1 for my little one kid, mine go perfectlywith open cma, but the one for my kid dos´n error 81014, (in win XP service pack 3) number error something like it, but install the same open cma in a diferent computer (win 7) and runs without error inclusive my vita runs open cma content in rhe win7 whit no errors but my little one´s do not in xp

strange isn´t?

enyway there´s no problem only have to run the 2 vitas in a diferent computer ich

tanx 4 the update
    cheers

11. Miguel Silva’s avatar

i need internet to install open cma?

12. Miguel Silva’s avatar

and can i play games on vhbl or its just only the homebrew games if yes quake 3 have playable fps(30+)

13. dr.swag’s avatar

i have done everything you have told me to do to install and when i try to copy something to the ps vita it doesnt copy

14. dr.swag’s avatar

i mean i have installed everything and i can get into the cma but when i try to put the homebrews i want in my ps vita it finishes copying but it didnt copy anything

15. Kayrim’s avatar

everything has worked, but out of nothing the content manager assistant asks me to update the system software in order to proceed.. What shall i do?

· 1 · 2