RELEASE: Open CMA 1.80
We knew it was awful when firmware 1.80 rolled out disabling Open CMA. Everyone hard at work has made a new patch to fix all the problem and it works!
This release has some new features as well as some bugs but it’s working. To use this you MUST have the official CMA already uninstalled.
You can download the patch here. All credit goes to Virtuous Flame for his new version and special thanks to chesethief and ind3x-gosu from the forums with helping me on this.
How to install
The following tutorial by me and is also included in the download with more details and troubleshooting (just follow Jd8531’s tutorial text file).
- Download the patch and extract the files to your desktop
- Run “CMASetup”
- After installation open the folder openCMA_vita_180 and copy everything to where the official CMA is installed at —>(C:\Program Files (x86)\Sony\Content Manager Assistant).
- Run (<–DOUBLE CLICK)the “set.dll” file (run everything as administrator)
- Then Run the batch file named “run”
- It should load everything within the window and it’ll install CMAWatcher and CMADownloader in that same folder.
- Run “CMAWatcher”, it should open and close quickly (you might not even seen it open)
- After that let it rebuild the database if needed
- You are all done!
I was able to successfully copy psone, psp game saves ect without internet on either the PC or VITA with no error. Sorry mac users this is so far windows only and something is in the works. You can find the /talkforums thread here, and enjoy a youtube video showing it working below:
Other files related to VHBL, etc… still need to be tested but this is still good news for everyone who uses open CMA regularly. If you are having errors you can try replacing the psp2-updatelist.xml with these specific ones or the second set of steps in the Tutorial:
- Japan: http://www.mediafire.com/?8v8kf91h5kjx2nr.
- US version :http://fus01.psp2.update.playstation.net/update/psp2/list/us/psp2-updatelist.xml
- EU: http://www.mediafire.com/?x8epwbv6l25amq6
EDIT: All the errors seem to be related to the psp2-updatelist.xml file, so just replace that with one of these below corresponding to your appropriate region:
Download openCMA r4 here
Living outside of the US? Check our technique to buy US PSN Codes at face value and get them instantly