What will happen to your PS Vita the day Sony’s servers go down

You may also like...

1. psp411 says:

thars so true, and that is wy I hate dowuloaded games, an vivid example is killzone psp, I oun the “rigtts” to play psp killzone in vita but chapter 5 is totaly mising, and can´t put it on vita even you have it in your computer, simply you can´t

that is very disapointing on vita, killzone psp chapter 5 do not exist in the server you try to update yout “licenced” game and the server redirecs you to killzone ps3
    that´s tief and no grand auto
    it sucks

after that experience I prefer fisical format, that´s rigth I expected the release of ps1 titles as resident evil, I have a 32 gb new mem format for vita, becouse 4 and 8 Gb cost so much than a 32 Gb but video is no taken in correct order (anime), do not accept carpets for orden reasons, music is the same, sony is full of idiots I am sure of that, wy becouse thats was the first thing the ouners of psp asked to psp sony wy psp have that funtion and vita users do not?
    I can complain all day long on vita but the screen and the touch capabilities but rhe games of vita actualy sucks, resistance was disapointing, gravity rush is lesser disapointing but unit8 is a totally bullsh….t, and do not deserve the mony pay for it, sony mus realice psvita remote play for ps3 titles is the only thing prevent downs of sales I love play ps1 titles via remoteplay in the hotel aut of my city, or even in the oficce when have some litlle time, I whis to play killzone 1, 2, 3, on my vita out or in my house, becose that´s my right, but I have to hack my ps3 to do it why sono do not understand that?

2. psp411 says:

pd: is hard to write ok on vita too, but simpler than on a psp

cheers

3. Gerbil says:

PSN exclusives i have no problems downloading since they’re only around 200 – 500MB, when it comes to games that are available on physical copy, I will ALWAYS get the physical copy.

4. zagzag says:

thats ok if PSN dies some one jast gona hack ps vita and make CFW and we and well all gona be happy agen make piret server for PS vita we name PSS Piret Server Store

5. zagzag says:

if psn dies sony gona post all ps vita sorce keys

6. alex says:

I buy actual vita games on physical media for this very reason. I download apps and little free games like Treasure of Montezuma blitz from the psn store that I’m not to terrified to lose. PS1 games i run on my psp via popsloader. Just to be on the safe side I don’t use my credit card info on PSN; i buy the PSN cards at the store. One thing I don’t like is the Netflix PSN tie-up if you’re not on psn or the correct FW netflix doesn’t work. I really think Sony should really relax with all the network big brother stuff. Use it for security and bans for hacked or moded consoles that’s fine, but the rest is just way over the top, and personally i feel its unnecessary.

7. omni says:

Good point. You know, I’ve been grappling with the idea of how to go about purchasing the titles for the Vita when I do eventually get one.

One of my major concerns before was the need to purchase an online pass code for some games just to play online, which can usually take you back up to the price of a normal game anyhow. But this just convinced me. I have a big enough hard drive on the ps3 for the occasional downloadable game. And while I have my games installed on the Xbox for the sake of the CD’s longevity, I can always delete those installations any time I run out of room (not likely) so that I never have to delete digital downloads.

Thanks for the article, I think you helped me make up my mind. I’ll stick with a normal storage card for saves and the occasional media file and keep my games completely physical.

I probably will end up getting a nice 32 GB one eventually, though, for the sake of PS1 and mini downloads and other things that I want to download, but will want to keep.

Nice article.

8. codestorm says:

Well, there’s still that small possibility they will “unlock” the PS Vita Content Manager when the servers go down

9. Enclave says:

Well, this is why we have Open CMA isn’t it? Sure it’s not supported by Sony but that doesn’t change the fact that we have it.

10. Good day! I could have sworn I’ve been to this web site before but after browsing through many of the articles I realized it’s new to me. Nonetheless, I’m definitely happy I came across it and I’ll be bookmarking it and checking back regularly!

11. sony only smart in making technology when it comes to their customers and putting apps they are s2pid