What will happen to your PS Vita the day Sony’s servers go down

You may also like...

1. zagzag says:

thats ok if PSN dies some one jast gona hack ps vita and make CFW and we and well all gona be happy agen make piret server for PS vita we name PSS Piret Server Store

2. zagzag says:

if psn dies sony gona post all ps vita sorce keys

3. alex says:

I buy actual vita games on physical media for this very reason. I download apps and little free games like Treasure of Montezuma blitz from the psn store that I’m not to terrified to lose. PS1 games i run on my psp via popsloader. Just to be on the safe side I don’t use my credit card info on PSN; i buy the PSN cards at the store. One thing I don’t like is the Netflix PSN tie-up if you’re not on psn or the correct FW netflix doesn’t work. I really think Sony should really relax with all the network big brother stuff. Use it for security and bans for hacked or moded consoles that’s fine, but the rest is just way over the top, and personally i feel its unnecessary.

4. omni says:

Good point. You know, I’ve been grappling with the idea of how to go about purchasing the titles for the Vita when I do eventually get one.

One of my major concerns before was the need to purchase an online pass code for some games just to play online, which can usually take you back up to the price of a normal game anyhow. But this just convinced me. I have a big enough hard drive on the ps3 for the occasional downloadable game. And while I have my games installed on the Xbox for the sake of the CD’s longevity, I can always delete those installations any time I run out of room (not likely) so that I never have to delete digital downloads.

Thanks for the article, I think you helped me make up my mind. I’ll stick with a normal storage card for saves and the occasional media file and keep my games completely physical.

I probably will end up getting a nice 32 GB one eventually, though, for the sake of PS1 and mini downloads and other things that I want to download, but will want to keep.

Nice article.

5. codestorm says:

Well, there’s still that small possibility they will “unlock” the PS Vita Content Manager when the servers go down

6. Enclave says:

Well, this is why we have Open CMA isn’t it? Sure it’s not supported by Sony but that doesn’t change the fact that we have it.

7. sony only smart in making technology when it comes to their customers and putting apps they are s2pid

8. wenceslao says:

Great article thank you very much. well, i bought a used psvita with 2 memory cards 32 & 8gb so ill fill them and continue to buy physical games after. PLEASE ANYONE ANSWER ME THIS: from what i understand, if psn ever goes down, i will be able to keep the games i DIGITALLY BOUGHT on my memory cards right?

9. wololo says:

I think Playstation+ is close to what you describe. They are pushing a lot for that service, it could save them if done properly

10. xSpectrum says:

I’ve had PS+ since it was new, and I must say that its improved greatly in 2012. Only thing is, they don’t update the free games anymore like they used to. I guess that’s just the price to pay for better quality.

That’s all PS3 btw, I don’t think they’ve done anything over PS+ for the Vita.