Usermode Vita Loader, devs needed!

freddy_156

Italian, developer for fun, Android & GNU/Linux user, Microsoft hates me.

You may also like...

1. Chris M says:

YES! Oh good god I am excited for this :D Can’t wait to see the kind of things that come out of this. I am not under ANY circumstances updating past 1.80 until I hear more about this. Rock on, guys!

• Jdubs says:

OMFG! You guys are gods! Wish I was smart enough to do something to help, but I will be on the sidelines watching and cheering you guys on! Speaking of….GO COWBOYS!! :D

2. MikeeM says:

Wololo, sorry for asking this stupid question. What is a user mode Vita Loader? Thanks!

• Batman:Beyond says:

Emulators on Vita at max speed

• Elratauru says:

Basically, its a way to run code off the Vita’s User Mode, as in “making the Vita say Hello World” or pretty much any homebrew you can imagine. Imagine as if you were able to program a game and running it for Vita without a Dev Kit.

It’s not kernel mode though, that means that no iso loading, and even less, OS modifications and stuff.

• John says:

It’s the same way that they can run homebrew without signed code and stuff with the PSP (via user mode), but with the Vita.

3. empc says:

Awesome News !! wish i could help , i have some programming skills but idk anything about psp/vita programming , promise ill study hard so one day i can help you guys. for now all i can do is say THank You !! and keep it on!!

4. Elratauru says:

Well, that’s a nice achivement you have there Yifan! Running unsigned code on the Vita would be pretty much badass, actually with a little more knowleadge It would lead to pretty awesome homebrew and emulators using that lovely Vita CPU/GPU we all know.

I’m definitively gonna keep an eye on this one.

5. MikeeM says:

Wow! That would be awesome. Can’t wait for this to be released to the public.

6. Dj Android says:

I would be honored to work with you guys. I have worked with coding and others. Im a active user on androidforums.l, so this should be easy to me.

7. Terry Rigopoulos says:

this user mode hack will be through a ps vita game, right?

• matt says:

definitely a Vita game, or a Vita app. probably a really awful game, if the PSP exploits are representative of easily exploited games as a whole.

• Terry says:

thats great! it would be so much easier for everyone to get the hack, since we can just buy the vita cards at stores, as well as the PSN.

8. ndh777 says:

I appreciate VHBL, but it is time to move on lol good luck to you guys! I hope you can get this project running. I’d love to use my Vita at its fullest potential because Sony is not doing the job they promised us and these devices are capable of some amazing things…I can feel it! Good luck devs!

9. James Way says:

Yifan Lu is the best. He was the first to hack the Kindle touch and lots of thanks go to him. Nothing crazy or illegal of course, I bought the fully paid for 3G version but I wanted to get my own pics on it for the screensaver.

10. Mr. Shizzy says:

This is indeed great news – BUT:
    I don’t like the part that says: “VHBL is a very nice piece of work, but it’s about time we move on”

Hopefully vhbl is still going to see a release? :O

• wololo says:

Yes. Freddy’s personal opinions do not impact the VHBL schedule :) As a matter of fact, even if progress is made on other leads such as Yifanlu’s one, I think there are good reasons to keep working on VHBL as well.

• MakoChild says:

Vhbl will definately see more releases. This UVLoader won’t be out for some time I assume so vhbl will most likely remain alive. Just that the UVLoader makes more sense to be on the vita rather than just VHBL.

11. Stormchaserr says:

Does any one know if we could run games like TES: Arena & Daggerfall…or even possibly morrowind for Ps Vita?

12. Chase says:

Im sticking with vhbl

13. snailcomment says:

Question: Why is this exploit’s code being posted publicly before release? Won’t this allow Sony to patch it before the exploit is ready?

• senas8 says:

While the source is pubic to view.. its really not.. How many can really understand the source code? I believe while the source provides the loader.. it doesn’t provide the actual method from what loads the exploit. This is an exploit, but from what? Not sure yet.

• Yifan Lu says:

It’s not the exploit code, it’s the payload (what we run WITH the exploit). That’s perfectly fine and I’m hoping it can easily be ported to future Vita exploits.

• matt says:

As Yifan Lu noted, the code being posted doesn’t do anything to identify the exploit that he has. The code is for an exploit-neutral loader to monitor resources & handle requests from whatever homebrew Vita applications are ultimately written, I believe.

14. TrECeNTeRs says:

So I have a question. This is a User Mode Exp for the Vita. Once this is complete will it be possible to use all of the Vita functions? Just wondering what all would be available.

Camera, Touch pad, Right Analog, Card reader, Expansion Port, Wireless Card and ect…?

I am guessing it will only use what the exploited program is able to use? If that is the case this don’t need to be answered.

Also wondering if this could go as far as loading up an OS.

Sorry, I just didn’t see much about what is possible other then that it is VHBL for Vita User Mode.

Thanks Guys, Congrats!

15. Tonyuk73 says:

I was thinking about the “moving on” thing just yesterday we have to, my psp 1000 will not last for ever in fact its on its way out and same goes with the ps3 scene too, them hot phat models are not going to last for ever running 3.55 cfw, even the slim models will start to fail in another few years then what.Same goes here.We have to move on.

And yes i can run psp homebrew on my vita which is so cool.but will be nice when wololo releases his first Vita_brew.

• gunblade says:

yea think ill be using my ps3 as a backup server like my fisrt gen xbox wen the new playstaion comes out oooh day nasne thing would be cool

16. freddy_156 says:

I didn’t mean to insult VHBL, it’s an awesome project , and UVLoader itself will be based on HBL according to yifanlu; I only meant to say that it’s time we start looking into the PSV, that’s all.

• TrECeNTeRs says:

Freddy, It wouldn’t matter what you said people would find a way to twist it. You said “VHBL is Very Nice” so there is no reason for people to say anything.

“but it’s about time we move on, isn’t it?” Great quote!, This got me excited knowing that there are people pushing past the PSP Emu roadblock.

You shouldn’t apologize for anything. Good Post!

• gunblade says:

well dat was bacis plan wen hbl came out it was jus da sense dat it was like the fist vita hack thus da hello world

17. w00tguy123 says:

ZOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG!!11 This news is the best news :O F5 button prepare to be pummeled into molten plastic.

If I had any idea how something like this would be programmed I would love to help. If nothing else, I’ll make sure to contribute some early vita ‘brews!

18. Cercata says:

That would be F***ing awesome !!!!

19. rofl says:

wooohooo it means we already grasp psvita memory structure :3

20. yyy says:

I hope that this wont lead to much piracy. The Vita really doesnt need to get this at this point. Even if the effect of piracy cant be messured, it is a fact that many western developers used piracy as a reason for not making games for the PSP. Who knows if it was more of an empty excuse or if it was an acctual factor that determained the PSP support or not, but at least this is one reason that was given by some developers. The Vita isnt exactly overflowing with games at the moment, so i hope that this hack wont make the situation even worse.

By the way, what advantage does this hack gives compared to Playstation Mobile?

• thevoiceover says:

I get angry when developers blame “piracy” for not creating a game on a product to cover their main cause. $ony itself has made issues that keep the developers away (promising OtherOS and then taking it from us, etc..) Look what $ony said on the bluray front, “choose this way, hd-dvd has been hacked and we won’t anytime soon” then cinavia, etc… That and all the proprietary memory formats and devices (MD, etc, and content manager) they have enough problems that make developers angry.. My point, piracy probably hurts, but if the product is good enough and the games are good enough – people buy them and developers profit well.

• yyy says:

First i must say that MD (Minidisc) is not a proprietary device. Other companies like Sharp, Panasonic and TDK made MD stuff. MD was a solution that was tried before MP3 players took over. And if Bluray wasnt hacked at the time when Sony said that, then it is a fair selling point i think since no one knew when Bluray would be hacked at that time.

About piracy, it is impossible to say how much affect it actually has. I agree that games that are very good have a good chance to sell very well despite piracy.

• yyy says:

I forgot to say one thing, the OtherOS stuff was more of a principle rather than actual usage. OtherOS was afterall available for about 4 years, but hardly any homebrew developer made much stuff for it, at least from what i know. I can understand the principle, but at least it wasnt something that affected tons of people when we talk about actual usage.

• Rowan says:

the reason OtherOS was removed is at the time it was cheaper to buy a ps3 then it was to buy a blu-ray player for your pc and you got the gaming side as well so what people did was buy a ps3, install linux and then rip blu-rays and upload them to the pirate bay

• Yifan Lu says:

I can’t say for future Vita hacks, but this one is basically what you have for PSP with HBL. You can load homebrews but it is physically and technically impossible to load ISOs/backups/pirated content/roms since we don’t have kernel access. In addition those stuff are encrypted and we also need kernel access to even think about decrypting.

Now the advantages. 1) PSM has a limit on how much ram you can use. I think it was like half the ram on the vita. 2) PSM does not have access to back touchpad and camera and other Vita specific features (it can only use features found on psm android phones as well as vita). 3) PSM uses bytecode which is relevantly slower to run. That means no high performance emulators like N64 or PS1. There’s more reasons but I don’t have the time to type them all.

• yyy says:

Thanks for the info :) Since unsigned code can be run, how likely is it that future hacks will be possible? With PSP, HBL first came after that the PSP was hacked if i’m not mistaken. This time with the Vita, it seems to be the other way around, that HBL comes before the Vita is hacked.

I see. Yeah, Playstation Mobile isnt really Vita specific, so i can see that it has more limitations to make sure that the PSM games will work on multiply devices.

• gunblade says:

well wy not guess write da dev app slap it on a modified game cartige n try boot the apps wit full vita game catrige saport probly even extra memeory

• CATPowah says:

I don’t blame dev for their lack of game library. If I were one of the devs, I too will have problem developing a game. You have to think about the character design, BGM, this story line and that. So much things to think about and you want it to be as perfect as possible. That’s probably the reason Vita don’t get that much game. The only thing we can do now is wait and wait until we see what’s out in the store and PSN.

• yyy says:

I think that the game support for Vita isn’t that strong yet is because publishers doesn’t believe that much in the sales potential of the system.

• gunblade says:

well sony way to deal wit piracy now days is there mobile apps since fully marketed games wer getting easy to aquare wit out purchise i guess they decide to make money on a 100 five dallers games den two fifty daller games

21. Lodad says:

All I want is counterstrike on the Vita

22. mirko8054 says:

when can be released? maybe the beta!!

23. HSV says:

Hope one day the Vita can load PSP backup games!

24. warfaren says:

You’ve got a typo in there: that’s actually UserLAND Vita Loader

25. Minimur says:

is it like the vhbl but you can acces it straight from your vita not on a psp game ?

• w00tguy123 says:

Not really. They’re similar in that they both load homebrews, but VHBL games won’t work in UVL.

UVL has the potential to use the full power/controls of the Vita, unlike VHBL, which uses the power/controls of the PSP.

Developers will need to make games/apps from scratch, or adapt their PSP programs to work with the Vita hardware. I’m really excited to see what happens when the Vita is open to this development.

26. what language is the UVloader based off of :P?

27. jasonhdkr says:

I’m not sure, but I think that is C

28. PsVITAHackbeginner says:

YEAA I CANT WAIT FOR THE RELEASE!SO I NEET FOR DEV A VIDEOGRABBER TO RECORD THE VITA SCREEN WITH SOUND!IS THE A REAL IDEA?

29. dimy93 says:

Questions:
    1.How an usermode exploit can be used without specific info for Vita’s hardware
    2. Would it be instantly possible to use the potential of the exploit e.g will there touchscreen support, full use of vita’s ram and processor(as much as the user control enables) etc from the very beginning or it would take time to find the usermode calls for all that
    3.Is there any plans for release

30. shades says:

If this is true, then we may be one step closer to the gloriousness that is an Android and iOS emulator. It’d be as though we just turned the PSVita into the single most universal device in the world :D

31. >_> says:

I’ll be set with a usrrmode exploit, as long as I don’t get banned fron SEN with full speed emulation this will be the ultimate device
    Tbh i expected u devs to hold off this kinf of exploit for a few years to let the game library grow

32. psvita_user says:

cool

33. z-up says:

Hi,

i`ve some basic knowledge of Programming and C/C++, but i cant connect this to the hardware part. For example I wonder, how something like the UVL is compiled?

cheers

34. 7 says:

I have broken into NASAs main security, and have mastered all programming languages and I also would like to help, btw I am not affiliated or do not work for Sony as head security definitely am not :)

35. keane says:

This is amazing news!!! Good luck yifanlu, wololo and the devs involved and to be involved, you are one great dev, yifanlu, very impressive, just like Wololo, neuron, Kgsws, Coldbird, Davee, Raing3 and so many more :)

Again best of luck! :)

36. Rusty says:

All I just want is for you guys to NOT release this AT ALL. Seriously, you’ve given us non-hackers and jailbreakers enough problems, especially when your hacks happen to screw over a struggling game company trying to mass-market a struggling game console to the public, all the while being pummeled by the likes of Apple and Nintendo.
    Can you for once please think of the consequences for doing such an action?

• Yifan Lu says:

My goal in life is to destroy everything gamers cherish and love.

• No1 says:

Well, at least you take responsibility for your actions? :)

• dimy93 says:

as we opened the topic:
          I do not want to be a bad oracle of sth but when this gets released there is great chance for Sony to go after Yifan Lu because he is violating some of the long terms and conditions of device use as they did with geheot

• No1 says:

Does he live in the US? Nothing happened to the Fail0verflow guys, and most of them live in Europe. One of the guys live in the US i think, but i dont think anything happened to him either.

• JMJorge19 says:

I support Yifan Lu, even in his sarcasm

• Jonathan Tung says:

Please tell me you’re being sarcastic. Also, I agree with No1: Releasing this exploit will be like using a double edged sword: one side could lead to improvements to the system while the other would only lead to mass piracy, killing off the system entirely.
        Do you really want the latter to happen?

• No1 says:

This exploit shouldn’t allow any piracy to work, so Yifan wouldn’t enable this by himself directly. I’m more curious if this will lead to more exploit being much easier to find though.

• dimy93 says:

Do you really read…………
          It’s only usermode and i really doubt to see native kernel exploit on Vita any time soon so this remains purely on the possitive side.
          Moreover like all exploits a very limited group of people would take advantage of it(this is a wild guess as I don’t know exactly which part of the FW is exploited but Vita has many security measures to prevent massive number of people to hack their console as you can now on PSP).
          Last but not least in the lifecycle of every console there is a moment when piracy becomes available to the mass public. Is not that bad as you think especially taking under consideration the limitations that i introduced thus far.
          Last but not least not the exploit is what we should fear from but its commercial use (the thing that happens with the PS3 scene right now).
          In conclusion, you are far from the truth my dear friend

• No1 says:

Hacking a system could increase the hardware sales and awareness. But if piracy happends, and software sales doesnt increase, then increased hardware sales alone doesnt mean much for the companies, especially with Vita in specific, which is sold with minimal profit, or maybe even sold with a loss.

But i agree with what you say about responsibility. Hacking a system could lead to a lot of stuff, good things and bad things, so there is a responsibility that should be taken here in my opinion.

37. Pirate Cat says:

I know you asked us not to ask dumb questions but, should I keeping chilling on 1.66, or should I update to 1.80?

38. Hello.
    As a game developer currently developing for a certain platform, I’d like to say this–

Please don’t ruin this platform like the one before it. It’s a wonderful piece of hardware that I’m having a lot of fun with my team on right now, and we’d like to continue.

I hope you’ll sort of consider the ramifications of what this means for new content for the system and are willing to somehow stop actual piracy.

I hope you all enjoy the upcoming titles from the Playstation Mobile teams, and I really, really hope you’ll help us enable great games of what is really the last bastion of great handheld hardware and software.

I’ve included my contact email if you wish to speak more.
    Thanks,
    Wolfgang Wozniak
    Creative Director
    Wolfgame
    @Ouren

• Jd8531 says:

In no way did “we ruin” the last console. Piracy doesn’t affect a console or device. You’ve obviously not looked at the iPhone which is jailbroken and you can pirate games with ease yet record setting profits are being posted. The psp isnt dying, there is still a strong community and new versions of the psp are STILL coming out over seas. I am a game developer too and in no way is a problem. If your product is good enough people will buy it. There are so many positive affects of piracy.With that said kernel exploits are way off maybe even never. Homebrew is NOT piracy.

• No1 says:

It is a bit different when games costs $30+. Smartphone games are like 99 cent, maybe a bit more, but not really that much more.

But i agree that piracy is definitelly not the only factor for a game sales. It is impossible to messure exactly how much effect piracy has on sales.

• Danniemon says:

This is a Usermode exploit, you cant pirate games from a Usermode exploit and pirating games does not kill a system, Pc gaming is very popular and people pirate games for it ALL the time. Its up to Sony to make buying the game worthwhile by restricting DLC and multiplayer to purchased copies of games somehow and providing great customer support and service to its customers. Just look at Valve’s Steam.

• Jd8531 says:

I was just using it as an example, there are other platforms where it still applies. Ive seen a ton of games on the iphone run $9 and still make huge amounts of money. You can pirate games on the ps2,xbox360 ect and those are still making huge amounts of money. Yes flashing a console is harder but it is just as used as any and PC is a prime example. The only reason people pirate on there is because of DRM like on diablo. You should see the steam profits, its absurd.

• No1 says:

I know, i was just saying that there were a difference between 99 cent games and $30+ games :) It wasnt really related to this Vita exploit, just piracy in general.

• No1 says:

@Jd8531: Yeah, i agree that piracy isnt always as bad as someone say it is. But it can have an effect on systems. For example, some developers said that they wouldnt be making PSP games because of all the piracy. It could just be an empty excuse for all we know, but that is what someone said at least.

• thevoiceover says:

yes but in app purchases is where they kill you.

I like this idea though releasing the kit like apple did – indie developers finally get to make money instead of these “teams” that work in office, expecting to make “millions” (usually by underpaying their developers) and releasing crappy titles each year with minor upgrades.

I still think if you release a good title for a great price you will profit way more than an ok title at a high price.. This in my opinion is why apple is succeeding and many indie developers are finally seeing some money.

• wololo says:

Sent you an email

• new says:

Here is the funny part.. If you ask what people run the most on their hack PSP, they will tell you Nintendo Games NES/GBA/SNES/..second Sega/CPS1 and CPS2/NeoGEO. I have a PSP GO and I use it for GBA/GBC/GB. I wish Wololo would have another post on how they would use the Vita if they had “user mode” vita. I know that I would use it for NES/SNES/N64/Genesis/MAME/CPS1,2/NeoGeo/AMIGA.. If Sony blocks my ability to play those emulators\games with a firmware update then I will never update and Sony and game developers will not make a penny out of me. That is what happened to me on the PSP. What I’m trying to say is that Nintendo seems to be the one more affected by this “user mode vita” and should be like FFFFFF..You know that everyone is waiting for a perfect SNES on the GO:)and yes in my “opinion” Emulator equal piracy but take a look at the Digital old consoles games pricing model from both Sony and Nintendo and tell me if that looks right to you.

39. Danniemon says:

Where are all these people that are hating on wololo and trying to make yifanlu not release the exploit saying it will kill the vita come from?

40. Old wise man says:

Im still on 1.61

41. Bob says:

Keep it up and I may buy a Vita. Sony’s definitely not doing anything to entice me :)

42. Asmith906 says:

won’t this destroy what little interest devs had in making games for the system? I like vhbl because it doesnt lead to piracy on the scale that the psp was.

• wololo says:

• Rowan says:

@wololo well atleast it will hopefully enable a decent nintendo 64 emulator that can play banjo kazooie or some other game that never ran on the psp version of dedalusx64 emulator, maybe other emulators as well like gameboy or sega, maybe even sega dream cast (a guy can hope cant he?

• Clad says:

To do that they would have to rewrite the entire emulator from scratch. Including removing the ME sound module which gets most of the speed that you are referring to.

• Anonymous says:

Whether it’s intended to enable piracy or not, they need to accept that it will. And if they’re going to freak out and pull everything like some people I’ve seen in the past *cough* Nightwolf *cough* then I’d rather they did it now than later and just let someone else take over.

That said, it’s also a fallacy to just assume with so little basis that enabling piracy would somehow destroy the console. Sony has pushed the Vita out and replaced the PSP with it. Did piracy destroy the PSP? If anyone say yes I’m going to have quite the laugh at their expense given that the system STILL exists in some stores and there’s still the rare few releases for it now, seven years after it was first released worldwide.

If people are judging its lower popularity to be due to piracy, they’ve fallen into the trap that the likes of the MAFIAA have been trying to trick people into for ages now: they’ve assumed that anything that reduces sales in any way whatsoever must be ultimately due to piracy. This just simply isn’t true! Remember, the PSP was competing with the likes of the DS which has a very different style of games for the most part and, not coincidentally, has appealed to a more generic (and larger) audience. That didn’t make the PSP bad or even as lacking for games as one might assume, just less popular with the general populace (who consist mostly of people who aren’t really gamers — they just want to play something for a few minutes here and there — and kids who don’t play anything serious either.)

No, I suspect enabling piracy really won’t make things any different. The Vita still competes with other things such as the 3DS and sadly these days even smartphones and still has a tendency towards more serious games that might be less popular in total sales (but better to those of us who don’t prefer casual games.) Besides, the 3DS will probably be hacked someday as well (and my personal opinion in the long run we’ll be using software rather than hardware methods there just as with Sony’s hardware as the 3DS is a lot more like a PSP/Vita/etc than a DS in methods and functionality.)

In fact, I’m not convinced most of the real devs really worry nearly so much about it as people assume. Companies like Sony do obsess over DRM and such, but to some extent I think anti-piracy is more just a convenient excuse — what they really want isn’t the supposed sales that evidence does not conclusively prove or even necessarily support claims that they have have actually been lost. They want control. Absolute control over exactly what you can do with the content they have the rights to, where you can load it, how often you can use it without paying more, and so on. Piracy is more the convenient scapegoat than anything truly holding anyone back and even without it they’d just find something else to blame.

43. Jonathan says:

Awesome work guys!
    So far I have used my vita as a Mobile TV and thats about it LOL. I never really was interested in the VHBL scene since I already got old darth vader slim. I literally use it as a SNES-in-your-hand.

Cant wait to play OoT:MQ and Code Veronica X on this baby!

44. gagdet says:

“This is very early work and has no intent at enabling piracy. Let’s see how it unravels before reaching any hasty conlusions”

LOL, poor juvenile denial liar.

45. Walter says:

Here’s to hoping this will lead to emulators and homebrew, without piracy. We’ll get the best of both worlds that way.

46. Game store owner says:

This will lead to piracy, and it will affect the sales of the console and games. Before you release this please think of the struggling games industry, and the thousands of people it employs who are all in fear of their jobs in these harsh times.

• wololo says:

ew, can we stop one minute with the gross cliches here?

1. Nobody’s talking of a release, the thing does not even compile yet, we’re talking of months of development before anything happens.

2. Even if that loader is finalized AND released (that’s 2 “if”), who tells you it will lead to piracy? Do you have a single clue how security is done on the vita?

3. The video games industry has never been so healthy, do you have numbers to confirm your arrogant affirmation that it is “struggling”?

4. Video game developers have a tough job, mostly because every kid who knows how to program wants to become a game developer. This is why they are underpaid for their jobs. If they are afraid of losing their job, they can move to other types of industries where developers are needed, and where they will make more money. I am tired of people in the entertainment industry who believe that doing a job in a field that you love is a right. More people struggle much more than them every day and it is sickening to talk to people who can’t think for a minute that they could be doing another job if they’re not happy with their work conditions working on video games.

5. The end of a platform does not mean the end of the video game industry, otherwise it would have died years ago.

6. Based on your user name, I assume you own a video game store. Are you sure it’s not the shift to digital content that is making you fear for your job? What share of your market/revenue/benefit does the Vita represent? Is it even significant for your business?

Seriously, I’m open to discussion with people who have good arguments, not ones that are trying to make me cry a river.

• gunblade says:

well buy next year we should have the ps3 tree fully hacked den since the ps4 is coming out n it wont be much market to sony nowing people will get in to the new ps4 sytem. n sony should stop working on update fo the psp n ps3 since dea psp has a secound gen for it n da ps4 is coming out soon..

47. nwert says:

omg, if everyone who is whining here would have actually looked at how an operating system works, you would know that usermode is usually restricted, and I don’t think sony is that stupid and is going to export syscalls to mess with any encrypted content/binaries to usermode code.. From what I can tell when I was reversing the ps3’s lv2 kernel, it’s going to be interesting to find a kernel exploit in the vita’s kernel *if* they secured it the same way as they did with lv2, but that remains to be seen.

• No1 says:

Just wondering, how do you mean with “it’s going to be interesting to find a kernel exploit in the vita’s kernel *if* they secured it the same way as they did with lv2″?

Do you mean that if the Vita is secured in the same way as the PS3, that it will be easy (or at least very possible) to find a kernel exploit in the Vita?

48. 7 says:

Very good read, I too would like to hear what this “game.store owner” has to say :)

49. Norml says:

I sure hope it does not show up in that error log…

50. jp says:

hope it doesnt lead to piracy

1. September 5, 2012

[…] […]

2. September 6, 2012

[…] it looks like they might be on to something. Today, a call was made on PS Vita hacking website Wololo for developers to step up to the challenge to help open up the […]

3. September 6, 2012

[…] bem, de acordo com o Wololo, um desenvolvedor que atende pelo nome de yifanlu teria descoberto um exploit de user mode para o […]

4. September 6, 2012

[…] informa el portal Wololo, un modder que se hace llamar yifanlu ha conseguido hackear la nueva […]

5. September 6, 2012

[…] “Developer Yifan Lu started a new project called Usermode Vita Loader (UVLoader), it will be a homebrew loader for the PSV, basically,” claims Wololo. […]

6. September 6, 2012

[…] Wololo Gaming News Categories: News, PS […]

7. September 6, 2012

[…] Wolodo, via NeoGAF Did you enjoy this article? If so, we’d love to hear your thoughts in the comments […]

8. September 6, 2012

[…] relatado pelo Wololo, isto é possível graças a uma lacuna que Yifan Lu encontrou na nova portátil da Sony, se bem […]

9. September 6, 2012

[…] Fuente | Wololo […]

10. September 6, 2012

11. September 6, 2012

[…] discovery of a Playstation Vita exploit has led to a fear that it will suffer the same fate as the Playstation Portable and has decided to […]

12. September 7, 2012

[…] unos minutos el portal Wololo se ha hecho eco de que un modder llamado yifanlu ha logrado hackear la nueva consola portátil de […]

13. September 7, 2012

[…] running as well. PlayStation Vita: Firmware Update Required Yifan Lu is working on a new project, Usermode Vita Loader (UVLoader), which is based on an unspecified Vita exploit. It currently works in theory, with "just […]

14. September 7, 2012

[…] that didn’t take long. Homebrew developer Yifan Lu has supposedly cracked PlayStation Vita and is working on a homebrew loading application for the system called “Usermode Vita […]

15. September 7, 2012

[…] hacker known as Yifan Lu, best known for reverse-engineering the Kindle, has deciphered an exploit in the PS Vita hardware and is now seeking developers to run homebrew programs. There is no information about how […]

16. September 7, 2012

[…] Einzelheiten nennt, sei es jedoch damit möglich, dass sich mithilfe des Vita Codes sogenannte Homebrew Spiele für den Handheld entwickeln lassen. Lu selbst habe den Exploit, welcher dafür benötigt wird, bei […]

17. September 7, 2012

[…] t&#959 &#609&#1077t a whole lot better b&#1077&#1089&#1072&#965&#1109&#1077 Yifan Lu h&#1072&#1109 discovered wh&#1072t m&#1072&#1091 b&#1077 &#1072n exploit f&#959r loading native homebrew code &#959n […]

18. September 8, 2012

[…] both the SNES/PSX. Emulation on the PS Vita is going to get a whole lot better because Yifan Lu has discovered what may be an exploit for loading native homebrew code on the […]

19. September 8, 2012

[…] purportedly found an exploit that allows retail systems to run native, homebrewed Vita code. Lu is seeking other developers to help with the project, though neither an expected release date nor information regarding how the exploit functions have […]

20. September 8, 2012

21. September 8, 2012

22. September 8, 2012

23. September 8, 2012

24. September 8, 2012

25. September 9, 2012

26. September 9, 2012

27. September 9, 2012

28. June 2, 2013

[…] Esto muestra cómo de fácil es romper la seguridad del pspemu, quizá es hora de poner nuestros conocimientos en algo mas interesante… […]