Psvita RemotePlay coming soon

The long, long overdue feature is coming soon says, Shuhei Yoshida, the guy that oversees all of Sony’s software development. Just recently via his twitter he posted the game Ico running on his Vita through remote play with the following “Sorry to tease you, I was play testing ICO HD Remote Play on PS Vita. We are almost ready with a patch. Beautiful on OLED. More info soon.”

The most disappointing part of it all is, we will not get all ps3 games to use on remote play. Its another blow to the Vita but he goes on to say “Remote Play takes system resource from the game, so the games need special programming.” He said that with this programing the resolution will atleast be higher than that of the psp at 852×480 on PS Vita.

1. Cheesethief’s avatar

Special programming? Really? I kind of doubt that.

In order to get a game running on PSP remote play all hackers needed to do was edit an .sfo file in the game and tada, remoteplay PS3 game on PSP.

So what is this special programming? Editing a file?

1. squiggs’s avatar

it is not as easy as you think it is because the ps3 doesn’t even have enough RAM to do party chat. they probably have to work on running the games dumbed down.

1. Cheesethief’s avatar

The games played pretty well on the PSP, minus a few controls that the PSP did not have. So I honestly do not see your point.

2. Asmith906’s avatar

The fact that most of those games play terrible is probably why they weren’t supported in the first place

2. Bret’s avatar

Holy cow…who cares what it takes, lets just hope it comes sooner rather than later. “Almost ready” could mean anything in Sony terminology!

3. aypro’s avatar

It is only a patch for ICO HD, not a firmware update for universal remote play.
    Disappointing …

4. china’s avatar

I want vhbl.
    Server where?
    Japan or Hongkong or United States

5. TelcoLou’s avatar

I’ll be impressed when(IF) I can play Skyrim via remoteplay!

6. Thibor’s avatar

Some time ago that this is possible, I’ve tried it, connecting the PS Vita (OFW 1.80) using remote play to the ps3 (cfw 3.55 Wanin v2), as if it were a cell phone in the connection menu of ps3 and matching. This way I can play some ps3 emulators (snes,gba) on ps vita, anywhere with remote start, and also play some classic remotely like metal gear solid or crash 3, without changes .Sfo files. Changing these files, so I played PS3 games like need for speed and more.

7. NinjaKakashi’s avatar

We don’t need the screen to play all our games so hopefully they havn’t thought of that and will implement just the psvita pad but I’m sure they have ofcourse.

8. busterg’s avatar

i bought the psvita to play bf3

9. Arnookie’s avatar

Omg when if ever will we get full remote play? PS4 Maybe?

1. ViRGE’s avatar

Real time H.264 encoders are cheap/small enough that the PS4 including one is a real possibility. Once you can do video encoding without encroaching on the rest of the system resources, the whole thing becomes a lot easier to do. Though there’s still that pesky little matter of input lag due to the time it takes to encode.

10. Ollie’s avatar

Well thay better actually bring this patch out. You’ve probably all forgotten but last year they showed off killzone 3 using remote play before the vita released at E3 last year but never released the patch or even any information.

11. OsirisFael’s avatar

I too have been able to do this from day one on my OFW Vita just by editing my ps3 games’ .sfo files to allow remoteplay. It works on everything, So the whole “special programming” thing isn’t really the case…

You can even force 1080p on some of the games that only support 720p without any fuss.

Hopefully the higher resolution won’t give the streaming speed a significant hit.

1. Mr McGoo’s avatar

How do you edit your .sfo?

12. Adrian’s avatar

I would be impressed, if I could play any game via Remote Play. Through Playstation+ I’ve got about 50+ (PS3) games and none of them is playable. I’ve tried them all.

This is not a feature, this is scam.

13. shaitan’s avatar

You can edit the param.sfo to enable remoteplay then update to a DEX firmware eg.4.21 to use the PS Vita remoteplay and not the Mobile Phone remoteplay, picture looks excellent with Dead Space 2 and no lag with key presses,

14. Mr McGoo’s avatar

My question is to wololo, how would this affect the upcoming release. Would it postpone until after the patch/update of would we be looking at an entirely different exploit?

1. Jd8531’s avatar

This is not a patch for the vita. VHBL is not affected by this. Its game update on the ps3 for only God of War HD colelction and ICO collection.

1. Jd8531’s avatar

collection*

15. WololoIsGay’s avatar

It’s actually going to be a patch for the game ICO HD so you can play it via remote play, You think Sony will actually give us Remote Play? lol yea right, Just buy a hacked ps3, it’s more awesomeness since all games work via remote play. Wololo, change the title. “Remote Play Patch Is Coming For the Title ICO HD soon, Stay tuned”.

1. Mr McGoo’s avatar

Ive had a 3.55 for some time. I am the one that reached out to deank to ask him right direct boot from the mmos. Honestly I was shocked to find out that he did. I wish I knew new more programming so I could be of more use. I was actually thinking of taking a could in “ethical hacking”. Its offered out here. Lol

16. Zimond’s avatar

The HD in ICO HD is just another Joke since the remoteplay feature only works in psp resolution

17. meanmachine781’s avatar

hope they would make it for all games, playing skyrim on the toilet= priceless