More PS1 titles coming to the Vita Today!

It’s rare, but once in a while Sony will surprise us by actually keeping their promise (at least partially). People in the US were disappointed at the small amount of PS1 games actually available 2 days ago when firmware 1.80 launched, but it seems Sony is quickly adding new titles to the “Vita compatible” list. They added 26 new titles on the US store today (list below).

As some of you know, it is already possible to copy lots of your existing PS1 titles from your PS3 to your Vita (even if Sony hasn’t officially made them available to the Vita), but it is nice to see that more and more officially supported titles are coming. Here is the list of new titles:

• Alundra
  • Tekken 2
  • Theme Hospital
  • Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six
  • Tomba!
  • Vanguard Bandits
  • Wing Commander IV

One important point is that if you already bought these games for your PSP in the past, they will show up directly in your download list on the vita, and you can get them free of charge (probably the only benefit of going 100% digital?)

Any games you’re happy to see in this list? Any games you would like to see sooner than later?

Source: SCEA Community Manager

1. Raziel’s avatar

Australian store has..idk over 60 PS1 titles already which is surprising since our store usually gets the shaft, nice to see the US getting more titles tho.

2. Jamie’s avatar

This is great lets keep them coming! The more the merrier

Jamie

3. Voodko’s avatar

Se están poniendo al tanto con la gente de este continente (América)

4. Jvhellraiser’s avatar

Castlevania:SOTN they dont understand
    This game works fine i keep skiping it,
    I dont have a PS3 to transfer it to the Psvita
    I ask in the blog they said look buy Castlevania
    Chronicles and unluck Castlevania:SOTN i was like
    NO i want the Psone title. Plus it cost more $19.99
    and the Psone is $5.99.

5. vitahacka’s avatar

Does anyone know which ones of the list above do not copy from the PS3 to the Vita?

6. Jvhellraiser’s avatar

And they already said they’ll have to update e the firmware again
    Not sure when but someone from the Sony blog said it,they will
    add more Psone compatability (fixes) just telling u wololo.

7. ChrisV’s avatar

if they dont release Spyro imma be cheesed :(

1. Squiggs’s avatar

Yeah I agree

2. jacobas92’s avatar

Same here. All I want to see is the crash bandicoot and spyro series

8. Cloud’s avatar

What? Tekken 1 & 2 but not 3?

1. Norml’s avatar

$5.99 for Tekken 3, yeah it’d be cool but I’m sure it’d be $9.99…but I wish Tekken 6 was cheaper, that’s a PSP game worth getting but for someone like myself to pay another $40….Don’t think so, just to have it on Vita…F U, though that game in detail, kinda trumps Mortal Kombats Vita…for now, 3k psp it is.

1. nero’s avatar

its not that they dont want us to play them. they just havent gotten around to uploading them the psn.

1. wololo’s avatar

This is not true, you can already buy most games from a PS3. They just haven’t QA’d them on the vita yet, would be my guess.

9. bahiano’s avatar

only miss resident evil

10. SofaKing™’s avatar

wonders if a 1.81 update will come out to fix NEAR issues on wifi* versions *(because thats all we get in CANADA)

1. Wolfdre’s avatar

Whats your issue with near? i’ve had countless issues with it since picking up the FEB bundle but now i see that we have an option to delete near data which would’ve saved me countless backups/restores.

1. SofaKing™’s avatar

for a few days near stopped working, “an error has occured” after the location data obtained , sending. but that seems to have fixed itsself last night. sorry for the scare!

11. 91’s avatar

Wish could use analog on vita for FF 7. Like u could on psp

1. Mjolnir’s avatar

Yeah me too. I was irked that it wouldn’t work. You think it would. Seeing as how it still says (when playing PSP games…) when you start games.

12. Multiboy2k’s avatar

I wouldve been much happier if
    Front Mission 3
    Final Fantasy 8

were added to the list.

1. Adin’s avatar

Not sure about Front Mission 3 but Final Fantasy VIII is already on (AU store atleast).

2. 91’s avatar

Just transfer from ps3. I have FF 8 running fine

3. James Way’s avatar

Ff8′s all good…i got it

13. Nitsud’s avatar

Chrono cross naopleaz

14. josama_tattoo’s avatar

i want metal gear solid…

15. Mjolnir’s avatar

I’m shocked that they still haven’t put Metal Gear Solid on the download list. That, to me, is more of a classic then Final Fantasy 7.

1. Mjolnir’s avatar

Since I can’t edit my last post. Does anyone know the reason behind why EU got more games then US?

1. wololo’s avatar

I’m seeing 2 potential reasons: either they have more efficient QA teams in Europe, OR they care less about the European market, and just do a quick test of the games and release them, while the US version is being extensively tested.

16. 950931’s avatar

Metal gear solid can be transfered from the ps3 to the ps vita with content manager

17. Hene193’s avatar

Yeah! Finaly i can copy my SimCity 2000 to my vita <3
    THANK YOU SONY!

18. ray’s avatar

TOOOOMBAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!! :D

19. Rac’s avatar

Hello wololo and everybody. Im new here and i just made an account but when i try to activate it say the user dosent exist could you help me please

20. -X-77’s avatar

we can still use a psx emulator on VHBL right?
    i say this cause i already have some psx on my psp downloaded converted to an eboot. like megaman x3-6 for example. i still have the isos on my pc too. can anyone confirm if it works or not? thanks.

21. Tee’s avatar

First time commenting. Jw when will we get the game for vhbl and what do we do when we get it.!!People pls help me out

22. Azio’s avatar

Wtf we needs next vhbl soon.Hurry up wololo.We still stay tuning.

23. Karma_Darkly’s avatar

Heh, I really need to sleep. :)

24. kods’s avatar

yes some new old games but a lot of them are only on english version , so a lot of players in europe are ..desapointed ? (sry for my bad english ) but loosing , resident evil 2/3 alundra , grandia , and alot of more … thats realy suck

25. joseph’s avatar

Uhm, sorry for the question, in the next days will be annunced a new game for vhbl?

26. Blitz913’s avatar

Klonoa and Tomba. Yay. If only Rockman x4 and Breath of Fire 3&4 were there. 4 is compatible though, so thats a plus. SQUARE&/OR SONY! Y U NO PUT BRAVE FENCER MUSASHI ON PSN!

27. syi’s avatar

no digimon or monster rancher? preposterous!

28. James Way’s avatar

CHRONO CROSS! I have trigger and I want this one on it too!

1. Jvhellraiser’s avatar

Sorry to tell u the bad news but chrono cross
      Is not compatible at this moment they said is
      One of those games that is a pain in the ass
      To run on the Psvita. You’ll have to wait for the
      Firmware to be updated with the fixes.

1. James Way’s avatar

Noooooooooooooooooooooo! I believe I stressed my unhappiness well enough. :-(

29. James Way’s avatar

Like I said previously,every game can be transferred over as it uses the same psp emulator already employed on the vita, some games’ button mapping may be off as I experienced with my ff7 install I had from months ago on my ps3. Downloaded the new one directly from the vita and it worked fine. I’ve been playing parasite eve and vagrant story already and the’re not on the store yet either. I find it weird though that CHRONO CROSS doesn’t want to transfer at all though to the vita.

SO SONY PEOPLE READING THIS CHRONO CROSS PLEASE! I already shelled over mad dough getting the so many games but that’s the only one not transferring.

30. Raziel666’s avatar

Next gen gaming device with ANCIENT games..lol WTF..Played these already in PS1 and in PSP..
    It Seems like Sony is struggling for good games for Vita that uses the full potential of it’s hardware.

31. mad8vad’s avatar

I’ve bought Soul Reaver from RU-store and now waiting for Blood Omen. All other games not interesting

32. Frank’s avatar

Only game I care about right now is Crash Bandicoot, and it’s STILL not compatible. Officially or unofficially. :(

1. mad8vad’s avatar

It present in russian store. Сost $5

33. M’s avatar

Wipeout 3 Special Edition needs porting, pronto.

34. tiago_tommy’s avatar

Mortal kombat please

35. AgentEx’s avatar

I’m having the same problem as well, can’t figure out why Chrono Cross won’t transfer to my vita. Got my xenoblade though, that will suffice for now. US vita too.

36. Nova’s avatar

Gve me crash bandicoot or I gonna burn your HQ sony.

37. Leires’s avatar

Oh man, tomba. I love that game. It plays rather well on a PSP (for controls, i mean)

38. sly1228’s avatar

wow they need to fix rayman 2 the contorls really suck for the vita it works way better on psp. it doesnt even seem like they configured the controls for the vita

39. Vaxl’s avatar

I would love to have gex 3D and castlevanaia sotn.

40. Khyle’s avatar

I want the resident evil games so bad!

41. empc’s avatar

i want FF8 on vita´s STORE !!