PS Vita firmware 1.80 blocks VHBL

You may also like...

1. eviLucifer says:

It’s all about time remember this, everything gets hacked on the right time. If Vita is already hacked then it’s incomplete because we won’t get all new features like in 1.80, Sony will patch the exploit and we’ll be stuck on an old FW like PS3 for example 3.55 after that it’s almost impossible to hack and now we miss a lot of features.
    Since Vita is a newborn baby, I think we should wait for a stable FW with the right features we need then it’s the time to release the hack in public and we wouldn’t care for future FW updates.

2. GingerIpods says:

Yass, neur0n has got VHBL to work with the latest CMA https://twitter.com/neur0ner/statuses/240580334427729923

3. -X-77 says:

AWESOOOOOME =D
    Way to go Neur0n!

4. CrazyWomen says:

At least this is progress so i can’t complain.

5. 2die4 says:

You can create a installable vita pill like the ps3 does when you download it from psn you can sign it with official keys that are out spoof psn connection and the firmware on the dex and copy it over as dex 4.20 has vita functionality so install it on 3.55 dex move up to 4.20 dex and copy it

6. 007 says:

VHBL for 1.80 with latest CMA :) pic.twitter.com/jMHSywWM

7. James Way says:

I’ve frugal with my $$$ so I only buy stuff I need, want or is too cheap to pass off. I was never going to get the Vita, but I got it as a gift and I have some PSone games that I thought back in March I’d be able to use on it. I don’t intend to get a system in hopes that it can do more than what it is sold to do. Which again was why I was livid when psone games weren’t on it yet when I got it. I like what VHBL will bring to the vita, but I got what I wanted, a pretty high tech piece of portable gaming. Great graphics, ps1, psp, psvita games, PS?, and touch screen capabilities. When VHBL comes to it, which I know it will, hey I’ll take advantage of it’s uses. Sony is not all that bad, even though their minds are occluded and they are not getting the blessing in disguise wololo mentions. They offered us a device, to buy it with your own money expecting it to do much more than what Sony promised and being upset that Sony is trying to keep it as locked down as possible is just idiotic. That’s why people like SKFU are asking for donations, he’s not willing to pay for everything in hopes to succeed, or possibly fail. I recently got Sony’s tablet S. I had wanted it for the longest time ever, that or samsung’s galaxy tab, for the IR to control my entire AV system and even ACs and anything else with IR remotes. Only thing keeping me from buying it was the price. Then Woot had it on sale for like 250 with some extr goodies and I said eff it, good buy. I paid for what Sony said the tab did, not expecting more out of it. When they finally root it, I’ll take it as an added perk, but I in no way bought it for what Root would offer, as it is not sold to be rooted. Keep up the good work though guys. I have a background in networking, not programing so I’ll leave the hacking to the real minds around here.

8. cris says:

it is the time of cfw on ps vita ,sony is just killing the retro lovers with each update,oh well let us see where a vita will go mine is on the shelve as i use my tablet,pretty dissapointed to have a powerfull system with nothing more to do with it cause off locks everywhere….

9. Adrian says:

Wouldn’t it be possible to exploit the Vitas browser? Nearly every browser has a vulnerably in any form. This ancient browser can’t be soooo secure.
    From principle I could imagine:
    1. VHBL files can be download and are put into the browsers cache.
    2. Some exploit starts it.

10. NobleVita says:

Im glad it’s not copying over.

11. Arnookie says:

Has anyone got youtube and direct video download to work again on the vita? Why is the fact that sony stopped the direct video downloads with the javascript not being discussed or at least a warning that updating to 1.80 blocks it? I think that should be front page news also as it effects many users. :o(

• StepS says:

it’s not a javascript i think. it’s media files.
      a user from russian forum reports that some filetypes of video can be downloaded, some not

12. eze says:

please someone help mi i have ps vita 1.80 and i cuold hack ps vita

13. K-PAX says:

The solution can be a C-CMA…which acts like the real one…ask the system to update to a new firmware (CFW ofcourse)….

14. Fabian says:

dont mess it upp aggie there is HOPE! well not today for the VHBL, not tomorrow… NEVER!!! there is no hope anymore !!!
    boooooeeeboooe! *snif* *cry* *snif snif*

15. F says:

Congratulations, communist. Your iPeen is without peer.

16. StepS says:

I think i have answered you on this, but my comment has landed on the premoderation list.
    there are tons of ways to do it better, google “savefrom”… basically you just add “ss” before the youtube.com domain

17. Arnookie says:

Maybe I miss-understand or you don’t get quite what I mean. I could use a java script within the psvita browser and download youtube video directly on the device. Now after the update it no longer works and gives error code co-4753-9 and won’t save.

18. Arnookie says:

Also the savefrom gives similar results co-4752-9 error again. Looks like youtube video download totaly blocked now.

19. StepS says:

so it happens when you click to download? weird, does it happen for other video sites?

20. Arnookie says:

Yes can’t download off anyware now. :O(

21. StepS says:

we don’t have access to file system to download and save to the paths we want

22. DeadlyData says:

The PSP Game it’s self would have access to it’s save data would it not?

As well as it’s content unless I’m completely wrong and those are some how mounted packages that it reads it’s data from.

And save data is being accessed via some sort of locked down API?

In which case I’ve seen in game programming with SDKs the developers always have access to store new data within these packages as well as read data from them, it should essentially be possible using standard directories the game has access to that’s being exploited to save data in that said area.

I guess it all depends on the size of the buffer being exploited which would determine the amount of data able to be stored unless they’re using NX flags in which case a payload from a buffer wouldn’t really be exploited and they’re probably using a ret to libc method in order to simply execute something on the file system.

23. Dj Android says:

hmm. I see, ill make a online program for the vita. It will take a day or 2, but i will make one.

24. keane says:

Oh sorry, I thought it worked, but i didn’t actually try to download something, my bad

25. theknox1992 says:

without an administrator account (correction)

26. No1 says:

It will always be like this. It was like this from day one of the Vita launch, and Sony will try to do everything to keep it secure. If it feels bad, why did you buy it? Just wondering. I dont understand why people buy something and then complain later on how it is.

27. No1 says:

I mean, i can understand if they buy something and the item isnt working properly. Then i understand the complaints. But it was known that the Vita was a closed system from day 1.

28. wololo says:

Not entirely true. The PSP was a closed system. The vita, on the other hand, is the mother of all closed systems.
    Sony did not announce how CMA would work, how copying files to the system would require constant internet connection, etc… that was discovered by early buyers after they had made the purchase.

Even today, few websites explain clearly how restrictive CMA really is.

29. No1 says:

I still dont see the big problem with CMA. Having to have internet connection is not really a problem at all in these days, generally speaking. I mean, certainly in some cases people dont always have internet access, maybe if they are traveling with a laptop to take on example. But for the most part, having internet connection is not a problem for most people.

How CMA works is pretty self explanatory from my experience. You install the program on your PC, then connect the Vita. Then you get option on the Vita screen what you can do.

30. No1 says:

In 2 years, definitelly. In 10 years? No idea to be honest. 10 years is a long time, much can happen by then.

But if the servers is being shut down in 10 years from now, i hope that Sony updates the CMA so that it doesnt require internet connection. I’m not sure why it requires internet connection in the first place. I mean, seeing that OpenCMA works fine, it doesnt seem to be any heavy online checks going on. Based on this, i guess that it shouldnt be a problem to do an official CMA that doesnt require a internet connection.

But i guess there will be some solution in the future, official or unofficial :)

B

31. No1 says:

Sorry, no idea why that “B” came at the end of my previous post.

32. No1 says:

I probably hit some button by accident.

33. wololo says:

So, you trust that Sony’s servers will still be here in 2 years… how about in 10 years?

1. August 28, 2012

[…] Per maggiori dettagli vi rimando al post di wololo—>LINK […]