[PS3] Retroarch 0.9.7, The multi engine emulator
retroarch is an emulator that supports many old school consoles, and it just got updated. This includes the PS3 port.
Changes since last release
From the changelog:
- (LIBRETRO) Added Mednafen PCE FAST, and Mednafen Wonderswan cores
- (Genesis Plus GX) Updated to v1.7.0
- Improved GUI
- Improved stability / error trapping
- ZIP extract modes expanded – it can extract the contents of a ZIP file to the current directory, and/or extract to current dir and immediately load the first ROM/game file.
RetroArch on the ps3 allows you to run the following
- – Final Burn Alpha (Arcade – various) [version 0.2.97.26]
- – FCEUmm (Nintendo Entertainment System) [recent SVN version]
- – Gambatte (Game Boy | Super Game Boy | Game Boy Color) [version 0.5.0 WIP]
- – Genesis Plus GX (Sega SG-1000 | Master System | Game Gear | Genesis/Mega Drive |
Sega CD) [version 1.7.0]
- – SNES9x Next (Super Nintendo/Super Famicom)
- – VBA Next (Game Boy Advance)
- – Prboom (for playing Doom 1/Doom 2/Ultimate Doom/Final Doom)
- – Mednafen PCE Fast (PC Engine/PC Engine CD/Turbografx 16)
- – Mednafen Wonderswan (WonderSwan/WonderSwan Color/WonderSwan Crystal)
Download the latest Retroarch here
I must admit I haven’t tested this release yet, how good is it? The guys behind Retroarch are planning to support things such as ScummVM and CaveStory in the future, how cool is that?