retroarch is an emulator that supports many old school consoles, and it just got updated. This includes the PS3 port.
Changes since last release
From the changelog:
- (LIBRETRO) Added Mednafen PCE FAST, and Mednafen Wonderswan cores
- (Genesis Plus GX) Updated to v1.7.0
- Improved GUI
- Improved stability / error trapping
- ZIP extract modes expanded – it can extract the contents of a ZIP file to the current directory, and/or extract to current dir and immediately load the first ROM/game file.
RetroArch on the ps3 allows you to run the following
- - Final Burn Alpha (Arcade – various) [version 0.2.97.26]
- - FCEUmm (Nintendo Entertainment System) [recent SVN version]
- - Gambatte (Game Boy | Super Game Boy | Game Boy Color) [version 0.5.0 WIP]
- - Genesis Plus GX (Sega SG-1000 | Master System | Game Gear | Genesis/Mega Drive |
Sega CD) [version 1.7.0]
- - SNES9x Next (Super Nintendo/Super Famicom)
- - VBA Next (Game Boy Advance)
- - Prboom (for playing Doom 1/Doom 2/Ultimate Doom/Final Doom)
- - Mednafen PCE Fast (PC Engine/PC Engine CD/Turbografx 16)
- - Mednafen Wonderswan (WonderSwan/WonderSwan Color/WonderSwan Crystal)
Download the latest Retroarch here
I must admit I haven’t tested this release yet, how good is it? The guys behind Retroarch are planning to support things such as ScummVM and CaveStory in the future, how cool is that?