(Updated) Pro CFW project page down?

Mamosuke noticed this morning that the procfw googlecode page appears to be currently down.

If you try to access the page of the project, you are greeted with an error message saying: Your client does not have permission to get URL /p/procfw/ from this server. That’s all we know.

It is possible that the owners of the project (Coldbird and Virtuous Flame) are simply doing some maintenance work, but that would be surprising as they have made no such announcement. It could be an internal error on Google’s side, or it could be that the project was simply removed for some external reason. Of course, I am sure I am not the only one thinking it could be due to the gray nature of the project, as it has iso loading support, and indirectly deals with piracy. Did Sony manage to get the project shut down?

Downloads from the googlecode page are also down, but remember that we host a copy of the main files, here. Currently I am only hosting the version for 6.60, but if some of you have links they want to share for the other firmwares, please let me know and I will update the page.

I tried to contact Coldbird and Virtuous Flame for some info, and I’ll keep you posted as soon as they get back to me.

Update: I got in touch with Coldbird who just got aware of the situation at the same time as you and I. He hasn’t been contacted by google at all on the subject, and there doesn’t seem to be any form of massive outage on googlecode’s side. There is still a chance it is a simple technical issue, but it could as well be that the project has been taken down for other reasons. We’ll know more in a few hours/days. Thanks to all people who sent links to mirror downloads, I’ll update our own download page asap.

Source: Mamosuke

1. Ambient_Malice’s avatar

Oh, dear. Hope it’s nothing serious…

2. Mr. Awsome’s avatar

Ive personally loved the pro cfw, as thats what I used on my PSP Go. It was AWESOME! I hope they are fine. I will forever be a fan of them, and will be heartbroken if they shut down after so many years.

3. qwikrazor87’s avatar

Hmm, clicking on their PRO CFW google code link brings me to the Google Projecting Hosting page.

4. F’s avatar

5.00 M33-6 fo’ life, yo. But I applaud these folks for carrying on the CFW spirit.

5. TheSpillmonkey’s avatar

It is probably nothing. Major east coast internet trunks were up and down all day today. Many google services (and huge chunks of the internet in general) were affected.

1. TheSpillmonkey’s avatar

The problems went so far as to take down several Tier 3 DNS servers.

6. popsdeco’s avatar

Hopefully http://coldbird.free.fr/cfw/ is still alive. Mirror it as much as possible…

It is still strange because /p/popsloader is alive.

7. Sylen7Nato’s avatar

here are the latest versions for 6.20 and 6.39, with some older versions as well…i also added 6.20 PRO-B10 cuz some people still like to use it over PRO-C (not sure why)…hope PRO team comes back…love and admire their hard work.

6.20 PRO-B10 fix1
    6.20 PRO-C
    6.20 PRO-C fix2
    6.20 PRO-C fix3
    6.39 PRO-C fix4

1. Yoti’s avatar

May be you have same archive for 6.35/6.39/6.60?

8. PSPcfwDUDE’s avatar

I REALLY hope its not something bad :S I mean , if Sony did it, i swear to god that they are a”sholes. They didnt care for the PSP for about a year , and now they closed the procfw site? Lets hope not …

PROcfw was trully (and still is) an amazing Firmware.I’m not calling it a CFW , since i like to call PRO a 3RD Party aftermarket firmware. Trully the best and only choice for our devices. Hope Pro Team comes back :”)

1. Mr. Awsome’s avatar

Well, itd be no surprise, theyve already closed down Bleem in 2001 for no reason at all other than just being assssssssssssssholes and making them lose money instead of leaving them alone. If they did this to PRO, I wouldn’t be surprised, thats why I question how they still don’t care for the PSP’s piracy problem as its also affecting the PAL Street model if I remember, and I remember that being a new model still being produced. IDK, Sony is SOOOOOOOO confusing.

9. Norml’s avatar

Wow, I just fired up my PSP after X so long and wanted to see the PRO updates…I was wondering if it was my comp…CRAZY!!! Guess not.

10. Ðãnï Φi’s avatar

I guess it’s nothing serious… Why would it be? :/

1. Shinny’s avatar

DanPhii im sure CB would post or told about this on IRC channel =)

11. svenn’s avatar

Either google deleted the project or the owner(s) did. Seems very unlikely that google would fail to return the page.

12. toBsucht’s avatar

all version downloads
    did you know there is a fix4 of pro-c for 6.39 user^^

13. svenn’s avatar

“Please don’t mirror the files, as routing all downloads through our mirrors is essential to produce enough ad money to keep the Prometheus project alive (server costs).”

1. toBsucht’s avatar

that why i linked the new coldbird topic forum.prometheus.uk.to ..
      i cann´t understand why there is no link to his “main site” in this announcement.

14. Dovahkiin’s avatar

Well at least my clone is still up :)

15. toBsucht’s avatar

I note the prometheus.uk.to is blocked at facebook.
    I contact the support and they did a reply.
    “Hi,
    Thanks for taking the time to submit this report. While we don’t currently provide individual support for this issue, this information will help us identify bugs on our site.

To get answers to common questions and help from other people on Facebook, visit:

Thanks,
    The Facebook Team”

wth they “deleted” my whole cfw-picture-floder

16. HeroKing’s avatar

well, cb just got an email back from google, and it was a mishap on their part. the project page is back up as it once was