Call of Duty: Black Ops Declassified coming to the Vita

The Gamescom is probably the most exciting thing that has happened to the PS Vita so far, and I’m doing my best to report about all the cool announcements that have been done by Sony and their partners during their conference yesterday.

Many of us have been complaining about the lack of AAA titles on the vita… or the lack of any titles, really (ok, there are a few, Uncharted, Mortal Kombat, Gravity Rush,… there are some awesome gams on the vita, just not as much as we’d like). In particular, it felt like action was lacking on the FPS front (except maybe Unit 13, which was a good surprise this year).

The people at Nihilistic Software are here to solve the issue, by bringing the Call of Duty franchise to the PS Vita.

Call of Duty: Black Ops Declassified is the episode that is supposed to bridge the gap between Black Ops and Black Ops2. According to the press release, it will have most of the elements that fans of the franchise enjoy (Create-a-Class, Perks, Prestige Levels, dual analog stick controls…), but will also take advantage of the Vita’s specific controls such as the touch screen for melee attacks. Hopefully that will not just be a gimmick, but actual real good use of the hardware. In addition to that, many multiplayer modes will be present, including a cool-sounding 4v4 team deathmatch over wifi. Some multiplayer maps will be apparently exclusive to the Vita.

Call of Duty: Black Ops Declassified is scheduled for November on the PS Vita

Enjoy the action packed trailer:

How many of you think the Vita lacks FPS? Is Call of Duty the franchise you were expecting to fill that void, or were you expecting something else?

source: Playstation blog

1. qwikrazor87’s avatar

The only CoD game I’ve played was Black Ops for PS3. This one sounds like it’d be cool with the Vita’s controls.

Is the Call of Duty franchise being brought to the PSP or the PS Vita? I didn’t know they were still making games for the PSP.
    (there are some awesome *games on the Vita,)

1. wololo’s avatar

Vita. PSP was a typo, thanks, I corrected.

2. Batman:Beyond’s avatar

I think there are 3 COD games on the PSP. I bet some people are already saying those are better than this.

2. nCadeRegal’s avatar

i agree i figured there would have been more fps for vita but this system is still in its infancy wait till we have full homebrew support and vita has about 2 years under its belt but i thought unit13 was great it got a bad review imo i own 12 games and im not disapointed with any of em. imo i feel people are trying to compare vita to current gen consoles its close but its a handheld and always will be. let me know if ya need help on doin some blogs wololo i pm ya gimme some time i know im new here but would love to pitch in and take some weight off your shoulders just ask

3. Xemnas’s avatar

I’m disappointed with this game. It looks like another half-assed FPS like Resistance. I think Nihilistic is the worst thing that happened to the FPS genre. The graphics are very lacking, and there seems to be no zombies (for now at least). Killzone Mercenary looks more promising.

1. EpicRedPanda’s avatar

I agree.

1. OMightyBuggy’s avatar

x4

1. Mr. Awsome’s avatar

Get da hell outta here scammer!

And to Xenmas, its only the trailer, they still have till christmas to improve it. Wait a few before making assumptions based on an early gameplay teaser.

1. Xemnas’s avatar

Yeah, I know. I hope they’ll improve it. I really don’t want to wait for Killzone.

2. Batman:Beyond’s avatar

Well this is a multiplayer trailer, which is why you see all those subtitles about 4v4 etc. Maybe they just didnt give it alot of detail because its a handheld (multiplayer features)

4. ZeRo’s avatar

Don’t like FPS, not the game, but it’s better with 3th person

5. Zimond’s avatar

i hope some fps will finally use the kind of control uncharted does when you aim your weapon. Its a lot more precise than only the right analog stick.

1. Norml’s avatar

Totally agree, after playing Uncharted and playing the Unit 13 demo, I kept trying to move the device to aim…so I thought, let’s go into the options and change it….NOPE.
      W T F! Mad

6. Sp33’s avatar

Looks great, only thing that is disappointing is only 4v4 multiplayer? Personally I would hope for at least 8v8. Regardless it looks like a good game.

1. OMightyBuggy’s avatar

Ya that is what disappoints me most. Doesn’t feel like a war game when its just 4 people and you know that half your friends just camp (wait) for you. The 4v4 needs to increase if its gonna interest me. Even 4v4 with bots would work.

7. senas’s avatar

I think Unit 13 looks and plays better.

8. dunno’s avatar

why nihilistic?? they created resistance burning skies but low on graphics maybe this game may be low graphics too

9. Crimson’s avatar

Hope there’re some zombies in this one

10. Luis’s avatar

Well, it’s just compare the screens from COD and Assassin’s Creed III and see that nihilistic has near 0 coding experience.
    There is a huge difference in graphics, and I am quite sure the ubisoft game won’t disapoint in frame rate as well as internet connection and so on. Sony was doing very well on Gamescom until this, why nihilistic??? Can’t understand them sometimes…

11. mohsin’s avatar

hey guys the ps vita is bout 160 quid in exactly one years time how much will it be?

1. Thanosserres’s avatar

it is cod

12. trecenters’s avatar

Unit13 was 3rd person.

I would love to see a Battlefield port, but that will never happen.

1. Norml’s avatar

Quite wrong there, they were going to have a bunch of FPS on the PSP but morons complained(not skilled enough without a second analog stick apparently) so they canceled them.

13. trecenters’s avatar

Doesn’t matter the dev on this because it is all already created… the engine, the textures, hitbox’s, ect..

They just need to have quality assurance and some good coders for the netcode.

I am sure there is some skill needed to put the engine on this system also.

What is it though an amped up quake3 engine?

14. CycloneFox’s avatar

It is true, that the Vita lacks First Person Shooters als Uncahrted and Unit 13 are 3rd person Shooters. The sad thing about this is, that Nihilistic ignores the possiblity of using sixachsis for aiming. That would make the game two times as good and would totally compensate the bad graphics for me.
    Well I think, I have to stick with Killzone, which will be alot more beautiful and greater anyway. ;)

15. bsanehi’s avatar

Call of Duty: Black Ops Declassified runs at 30fps *confirmed* , and the trailer looks awful. Nihilistic don’t know how to make good FPS’s.

1. Trecenters’s avatar

No one else will develop this is probably why.

16. Norml’s avatar

Remember guys, it’s “CLASSIC” Call of Duty, see those graphics for detail.