PS3: 3.60 keys released

I would generally flag this as a rumor, but this has been implicitly confirmed by eussNL: 3.60 keys for the PS3 have been released.

I am not 100% clear about the source, but it seems to have originated from a post on famous site Elotrolado, from an unknown user (new account) about 4 hours ago. (source link below)

Don’t quote me on this, but these keys are, if my understanding is correct, used to decrypt, among other things, PS3 official eboots (games). It is also possible that 3.60 keys are used on many games, even potentially on games that require a higher firmware, since the firmware requirement is a flag that is not directly related to the encryption. This is a wild guess and I am not sure of that, but if this is anything like the PSP, the firmware requirement is really just a flag, and not even directly related to what APIs are actually needed.

The result of that is that many games requiring 3.60 or more, can actually run on a 3.55 CFW. This is how teams like True blue were able to get new games to run on their dongle. With the keys out, people should now be able to rip their own blu rays, decrypt the games, and run them directly from their hard drive. Lists of games that can be decrypted/run using these keys are already being created on many sites, and no doubt that pirated copies will appear on p2p sites very very soon.

This piece of news comes just a few hours after the E3 team announced they would be releasing the keys within a few months, which probably disturbs some of their plans.

eussNL “cleaned up” the keys file in order to make them usable directly in naehrwert’s sceTool

Update: eussNL confirmed my understanding is correct

Downloads

3.60 keys

sceTool

If my understanding of what this represents is correct, I expect this to get lots of attention from both the Scene and Sony as soon as other scene websites catch up on this piece of news :)

Source elotrolado via eussNL

1. Rafael707’s avatar

owned.. sony its your move

1. Rafael707’s avatar

i bet sony is going to sue, just like with geohot when he released the keys

2. PSDev’s avatar

Decrypt the EBOOT and re-sign elf for 3.55 and walala

3. DeadlyData’s avatar

When did the VITA support start?, And do you think sony made another bad mistake like they did leaving the keys in the PS3 for the PSP?

Would be quite a hilarious thing if it were possible to get the keys to sign VITA binaries from the PS3 firmware just like what happened previously.

1. WolfRamiO’s avatar

keep dreaming…

2. paKO JONES’s avatar

It seem you have a lil’free time out there, so do it yourself

4. Acid_Snake’s avatar

I think they are mostly doing this to get people into buying the E3 flasher, and I don’t blame them, the E3 flasher is a way more handy and permanent tool than those f*cking dongles.

5. FiliaRyu’s avatar

Now waiting for Mathelieu to tell us he knew these keys already…

6. A FabledHero’s avatar

free ps3 games or what?

7. The End’s avatar

Your welcome

1. wololo’s avatar

Oh come on… fake ps vita keys, fake promise of a vita exploit by the end of July, and now you take credit for this? You’ve ran out of credits, dude.

Insert release to continue.

8. Onamaeyu’s avatar

I’m new to all of this and would like to know if any body can put a step by step together on how u do this.

9. CATPowah’s avatar

Mehhh…………………

10. paKO JONES’s avatar

@wololo

Two two or three years ago when Total Noob’s HEN was released I told you I saw some ads on Mercado Libre asking for money to get those files on a cd sent to your house. Could it be possible to warn people about this situation? I mean, may be someone will burn the 3.60 keys on a cd an ask for money for them…