“Playstation Mobile” (formerly Playstation Suite) SDK updated to 0.99

For those of you who want to create your own games and apps for the Playstation Vita, the open beta is still going on, and Sony issued an update to their SDK yesterday.

The main change is not super exciting: the name of the program is now Playstation Mobile, while it was known as Playstation Suite until now (no doubt that people will still be calling it that for a while). But Sony also adding In-App purchase functionality, a feature that fans of Free To Play were probably eagerly waiting for.

The changelog is as follow:

• In-App Purchase library
  • Digital Signature & Encryption library for content protection
  • GamePad support for UI Toolkit library
  • ModelViewer for previewing .mdx files on PC
  • 50+ bug fixes

It’s worth noting that given its new name, this SDK will probably never be officially made available for the PS3, which was one of the things some developers were hoping for.

More info on the official page here

1. garrei’s avatar

look at me, im a first fag!

1. omegarob’s avatar

hey me too !!!!!!! ;-)

2. omegarob’s avatar

maybe now you can think to sign vhbl
    so no more exploit needed

1. taiyaki04’s avatar

imho, i dont think it is possible, since if we use vhbl, we will be using emulators, gba from nintendo dor example, which has copyright.

2. Adam’s avatar

vhbl runs in the psp emulator on the vita while PS mobile doesn’t so that isn’t possible.

3. GodofDark’s avatar

Wololo, I updated my PSM on PSV and PC and it seems when you click on PSM a popup on your computer shows up and says “PSVita as been disconnected” so I guess that’s the end of that. I’ve already sent PM.

1. GodofDark’s avatar

I’m gonna kill SONY! T.T I never comic reader

2. GodofDark’s avatar

Btw can you add this info to your post on 0.99

3. Lion_Amongst_Men’s avatar

Godofdark if you have CMA installed along with the playstation suite studio (dont worry if it says ps vita has been disconnected you will be connected to the pss instead) this happens to me when i turn on pss and when i close out the pop up says your device has been connected

4. Vinnie’s avatar

This is the opportunity for the developers out there :)

5. Lion_Amongst_Men’s avatar

I ran into a problem with this update wololo so if you manage to delete and re-install the former app i would advise so because when i had installed it my installed apps for the pss would not work and i have not updated it since downloading it again.

6. GodofDark’s avatar

Ok so I re installed and it was somehow on 0.98 which still doesn’t work so i guess it was the PSM for PC, the only new thing I installed.

7. GodofDark’s avatar

Uninstalled PSM for PC and still not working now am confuzzled :D

8. GodofDark’s avatar

Sorry for spam, but when I exit CMA then VitaConnect works but when I click on Comic Go it returns to home screen

1. Lion_Amongst_Men’s avatar

unintall the app and re download DO NOT UPDATE i think they might of slipped in some sort of patch i posted this in my first comment.

9. Utterly Utter’s avatar

Nice! Now we got something to play with until some smart person find out how to exploit kernal on Vita! :)

10. auron’s avatar

will these apps be on the store soon?

1. Lion_Amongst_Men’s avatar

you will have to goto this site directly from the ps vita (http://www.playstation.com/psm/developer/openbeta/index_e.html) the first option download is for pc and the second one is for the ps vita once you select that it will take you directly back to the psn store and u can download from there :).

11. OMightyBuggy’s avatar

When you bring up PS Suite Dev on the PS Vita menu it has a yellow update icon. When you click the tab it says that you have to update your system firmware to update the app. Soooo for now I am NOT gonna update my system. :P

12. auron’s avatar

ok i got the SDK where are the apps?

1. Lion_Amongst_Men’s avatar

haha i just posted some them :)

1. Lion_Amongst_Men’s avatar

*most of them – sorry very tired haha

13. Lion_Amongst_Men’s avatar

Okay! sorry @Wololo i figured my last post would not get post so i conviniently put everything here : (https://www.facebook.com/groups/PlaystationOnlineTeam/doc/441877762501473/) this link is for people are getting into the playstation suite.

1. Lion_Amongst_Men’s avatar

*would not get posted = haha as far as i know im not spamming cause i searched all of these links just for this post and they are relevant to this post :) enjoy!

14. auron’s avatar

oh thanks! where did you find them?

1. Lion_Amongst_Men’s avatar

i hunted each and one of them down e.e took me hours!

15. auron’s avatar

oh wow, thanks for the hard work!

16. Monk9899’s avatar

I think i read in sony’s T&C that they won’t allow free apps.
    Can anyone confirm this?

1. Lion_Amongst_Men’s avatar

Have you read the comments in this post?…

1. Monk9899’s avatar

Yes. but they don’t mention anything about free games on PSM…

17. Cameron’s avatar

does anyone know of any place where people are posting their apps and homebrew games for this? as i’m pretty crap at making any apps, though i’m having a play, i would be interested in looking at apps others have made and seeing what they’ve done, play around with theirs and hopefully learn a lot, but also it would be good to see what other people are making and that :)