Release: VHBL 154-TC For Super Collapse 3, by TheCobra

This is an “official-unofficial” release for you guys who are still lucky enough to be on 1.67 and run VHBL on the Super Collapse 3 exploit.

TheCobra released today an updated version of VHBL for this exploit. This is an official build because theCobra is the one who initially ported VHBL to this exploit, but “unofficial” in a way because the sources are not available yet, and I haven’t had the opportunity to test it on a Vita (I’m on 1.69 now…). That being said, it worked fine on my PSP, and several users have reported a better experience than the previous release (understand: better stability) overall in some games such as Jelly Car or Lamecraft.

The idea behind the fix is that theCobra hooked a bunch of functions with a generic “ok” response instead of having HBL trying to estimate their syscall. What this means is that these functions will not work, but at least they won’t crash. Depending on the function, and on how well the homebrew handles errors, this can lead to less crashes overall.

Download

Download on the official VHBL page, as usual

Thanks to theCobra! you can report regression issues or success on the thread he started on /talk (and use the opportunity to thank him for his work, by the way).

1. OMightyBuggy’s avatar

Gonna try it now. Thanks TheCobra for the VHBL official-unofficial update and Wololo for the news. :)

1. tylersuper27’s avatar

where do i get super collapse from

1. OMightyBuggy’s avatar

PSN, which you were way to late to get if your seriously asking this?

2. HIMFan’s avatar

Yup, I’m still on it.

3. vhblfans’s avatar

thanks for wololo and thecobra.

ye ye ye

4. tonyuk73’s avatar

Still with 1.68. Going to install if I ever get off this bus….

5. Acid_Snake’s avatar

force_exit_buttons is not working (set as default 0×00000009)

1. fate6’s avatar

works for me but only when in example in the title menu of lamecraft
      same with Daedalus but only after I press it for a while

2. wololo’s avatar

Acid_Snake: rename hbl_config.txt into hblconf.txt. I think thecobra forgot to do a bunch of renames, as I changed some of the filenames in a recent revision.
      also, all .nids files need to be renamed into .nid , but that seems to be less critical.

6. sepi’s avatar

actually vhbl to nothing….so why you just hack ps vita for play pirated psp games…And make 1000 people happy……every day i wanna drop my vitain trash can…but because of u i dont to it yet…plz a lots of people want psp game on their vita….:( :(

1. fate6’s avatar

good luck with your research >__>

2. cain kirisgai’s avatar

please stop asking the devs be glad you get anything at all damn they have answered that so many times not go a read a little

3. rabidchild’s avatar

VHBL isn’t for piracy, scumbag! It’s because of people like you that everyone else misunderstands those who want to use the Vita for homebrew or emulators. Why don’t YOU make “1000 people” happy and go away?

7. The End’s avatar

//PSV private byte[] PSVAesKey = new byte[16] { 0x6B, 0x7B, 0×71, 0xD7, 0xC9, 0xD5, 0xA1, 0x8F, 0xA3, 0×66, 0x3D, 0×18, 0×88, 0×28, 0xC2, 0xA6 };

Your welcome

1. Paulo’s avatar

Is it true? :)

2. wololo’s avatar

I’ve tested that and it doesn’t work with the usual tools. Also, that key looks suspiciously too similar to the PS3 key.

1. StepS’s avatar

yeah, it’s so similar

8. Jd8531’s avatar

i hate to be a pain, but could someone please link me to wololo’s guide on finding an exploit. i cant find it ;/

9. Qwerty’s avatar

Thank you TheCobra good job!

10. Pom’s avatar

Can I still use ymenu with this update?

1. fate6’s avatar

ee’yup ^__^

11. Peter’s avatar

And for the majority of the population we will have to wait for a new exploit to be released…

12. tylersuper27’s avatar

im still on 1.67 but where do i download the game from plz someone answer me if anything email me tyler.bradley65@yahoo.com

1. fate6’s avatar

you dont thats where
      (its not on PSN)

13. Carla’s avatar

so i cant use theme because the gamen is not in ps store ? if anyone can helpm this my email derpy_hooves11@hotmail.com (sorry for my bad english i for mexico)

14. Alasdair’s avatar

Pretty new to the PSvita scene, but I’m pretty savvy with my old PSP. Anyway, I thought I was on the latest Vita firmware, but it turns out I still have a 1.67 Vita… but I take it from everything I’ve read, I’ve missed the bandwagon and will have to wait till a new exploit is released? I gather you also have to be quick off the mark to grab the game needed before it disappears? Probably a no brainer, but is it worth updating it to 1.69 or am I better sticking with 1.67?

1. wololo’s avatar

With my current knowledge, I’d say updating to 1.69 will not shut you out of any useful hack. *BUT* I don’t necessarily know everything, so my advice is: update only if you need to.

15. Asmith906’s avatar

anybody know if this fixes the issue with picodrive where it freezes

1. thecobra’s avatar

Asmith906@ Yeah, i receive report that it did fix the problem with picodrive freezing. Only problem is with some audio but i fix that later with time.

1. geise’s avatar

Does sega cd mp3 playback work on Picrodrive while using it in VHBL? I have a gp2x wiz system and all my sega cd games playback mp3 audio fine, but when used in VHBL it does not. Am I the only one with this issue, or is this a common problem?

16. Kial’s avatar

It didn’t really help with other games like duke nukem most games still give you an error code (c1-2858-3)