Neur0n gets VHBL to run with a new exploit on the Vita

Developer neur0n, famous for his psp CFW  “6.60 ME“, announced today on twitter that he got VHBL to run on his brand new Vita.

A few days ago, he had announced that he had a working user exploit on the vita, so getting VHBL to run sounded like the “logical” next step.

For those of you who don’t know yet, VHBL is a tool that runs PSP homebrews (emulators, fan made games…) on the Vita.

Neur0n didn’t waste any time, as you can see on his screenshot, the Vita looks like it was barely out of its box (which can be seen in the background) when he hacked it :)

A few years ago, neur0n had already ported HBL to a new exploit and a new firmware (6.35 at the time).

Since then, he has contributed to the scene with his Custom Firmware 6.60 ME, and has also been an active developer for “pro CFW“. In other words, if he says he got VHBL to run on a new exploit, you can trust him :)

No word on a release yet, but if I would guess I would say that nothing will happen before firmware 1.80 is released. This announcement could be the “second exploit” I’ve been waiting for in order to plan a release for VHBL, but of course this is neur0n’s decision. I’ll try to contact him in the days to come to see what his plans are.

Congrats neur0n!

source: neur0n’s twitter

1. dnia’s avatar

Hey wololo, both you, neur0n, tek4, mamosuke, nem and some other developers live in the same small country.

Have you never met?

1. wololo’s avatar

Actually not. Mamosuke lives a bit far from me, and we’ve promised each other that we would definitely meet if ever go to each other’s city.

I never worked directly with Nem, we’re like years apart in the history of Sony hacking :P

As far as tek4 and neur0n are concerned, I never asked them where they live, but I should :)

1. dnia’s avatar

That’s nice to hear! If you ever meet them, take some photos of the meeting, tell what you did, make an interview with them, see what they think of your japanese (I remember you saying you were bad with the ultra-formal japanese :lol: ), talk about their interests, all those things!
        Would be a quite interesting, refreshing, pleasant read. ;)

1. James’s avatar

No pics please, last thing we want is Sony figuring out where you live!! Or your faces!! Keep it A eh!

1. keon’s avatar

Agree was sup wit dat person talking about dey should take pics wtf sumbody trying 2 get them caught

2. cdks’s avatar

You guys can’t be serious!
            They are not doing anything illegal, plus, if they wanted to “get” developers, nothing prevents them! They can simply check who this site is registered to and “get” wololo. They don’t need a photo :lol: You guys are insane. Paranoid.

2. youngoz’s avatar

WOW…This is GREAT NEWS!! Hey Wololo I hope you can connect with Neur0n and you two can share info and take this to a new level! They say two heads are better than one… Thanks for the update!

3. Zonic’s avatar

Wow, I’m just….. speechless (Runs to other side of house) Yes!

4. fate6’s avatar

Neuron ////<

1. fate6’s avatar

WTF ? my comment came out odd

Neuron <3 :blush.gif:

5. Kenny530’s avatar

A new exploit? So we don’t need to buy any games from the PSN?

1. wololo’s avatar

This will most likely be an exploit in a game, as usual.

2. fate6’s avatar

why would you even ask this ?
      did you not read past the title of the post ?

1. sdfsdf’s avatar

not really. Im too lazy
        and i have no money on the game :/

6. GS1Azul’s avatar

God news.

1. Gilgamesh’s avatar

*sounds of angelic voices*

7. octaslash’s avatar

Let’s Dance like F*cking animals!!! Oh yeah!!!

8. jdmi3n’s avatar

I hope the game exploited is in the US PSN.
    I dont want to give up sc3 for just ps1 support, although i have a few of them i want to play.

1. OMightyBuggy’s avatar

I totally agree.

9. zaiii’s avatar

alda das scheiss warten geht mir langsam aufen sack -.-
    gucke jeden tag 4-6 ma -.-

1. PsVITAHackbeginner’s avatar

mir auch und jetzt fahre ich in den urlaub und werd es nicht mitkriegen wenn was released wird.

10. Acid_Snake’s avatar

way to go neur0n :), I’m also looking for exploits in old UMDs I have, no luck so far :(

11. Dadudeondacouch’s avatar

Sweet i can’t wait hopefully this one is a game I have or atleast i get a chance to get it before it gets pulled from psn.

12. SuperiorKnightZ’s avatar

What i want to know is how he has a white vita, they don’t look like skins. Or how did he get the assassins creed vita early. Also this is wonderful news.

Thanks wololo

1. Noel Abercrombie’s avatar

The white vita has already been released in japan

2. CoolGuyMoe’s avatar

That white Vita does look nice. I want one!

13. SuperiorKnightZ’s avatar

ohh how do i change my avatar

1. CoolGuyMoe’s avatar

I can’t remember where, but I signed up somewhere and I was allowed to change my avatar.

14. Guardian’s avatar

Quick question… This xploit works directly on the vita or you have to use it through the psp emulator? I am just asking. (I can see people eating me alive for being stupid)

1. Dadudeondacouch’s avatar

Its just another userland exploit from within the psp emulator using a game from psn, it would be awesome if we had a kernal exploit within the vita vsh.

15. Meccabolix’s avatar

Off topic here, but recently I bought MGS HD, I wanted to purchase it through psn as it was cheaper and in turn had to update my vita and lose my vhbl to use psn (I thought this was worth it as I love mgs), now I can’t use remote play with cfw 3.55 anymore, one of the main reasons I bought the vita was to remote play games on cfw as the official firmware doesn’t let you play as many games on remote play :( how come whenever I buy a Sony product I end up losing the services I originally paid for?! First Linux on ps3 and now remote play on the vita, I’m thinking of selling all my sony products or even worse for Sony, joining the hacking scene

1. devilmarx’s avatar

yah your right same as you are huhuhuhuhu

16. razor’s avatar

Hey Wololo, where did your homie (neurOn)got a white ps vita from man? I have only seen them in black

1. Dadudeondacouch’s avatar

They are brand new in japan, apparently sales doubled for the week.

17. jd20dog’s avatar

i bet he just breathed on that vita and it booted vhbl lol
    nice job as always from Neur0n

18. andrew’s avatar

hope u guys crack it ;)

19. Norml’s avatar

Yuck, it’s all about black but good job none the less.

20. Danny’s avatar

Heres hoping the game is available in U.S. PSN…

1. youngoz’s avatar

Me too… I really hope it’s a US PSN title…

21. TeamWorkDoesAgain’s avatar

neuron does it again!! I trust him and woohoo!! can deliver this hack together in no time!!!!

22. BattaTrattaKill’s avatar

good for him. Japan ftw but the darn country is expensive to live in. ex: me. $1200 to live in a small apartment near Osaka, but o.o the woman here. you don’t even know whose who. Men here dress like woman….smfh. but smart people live in japan.

23. auron’s avatar

im starting to think we do need that cfw

24. plinker’s avatar

NEUR0N… OF COURSE… HURRAH!!!

I BET TOTAL NOOB ALREADY HAS ONE BUT IS NOT TELLING… HAHA

DOESN’T MATTER… PATIENCE IS A VIRTUE…

DAVEE… STILL WAITING…

GEOHOT… STILL SHACKLED? :(

25. DREX’s avatar

nice job wololo & keep going … As James said keep hiding your self & don’t act like GeoHot’s & how he show sony his ID’s.
    good luke ^^

26. kush2burn’s avatar

word. hope to get the game this time, actually have some cash.

27. voodooman’s avatar

cant wait, getting excited…lol

28. Peter’s avatar

I sick of developers teasing us!!!

please stop already and release the new VHBL

1. wololo’s avatar

Beggers can’t be choosers. Find your own user mode exploit and you’ll be the one to decide how you do the release. It’s not that difficult.

29. devilmarx’s avatar

i think our ps vita much gooder if the download limit on 3g will remove and add on the network settings a network mode so that we can choose wcdma for hspa or gsm for edge network… what do you think wololo?

30. Tranquilis’s avatar

Hey, this might a bit off, but have you tried to crash the vita with vita saves? I know that in Disgaea 3, it saves games via the memory stick, but maybe it’s encoded differently than psp games….I’d try to help out, but I’m a nub when it comes to stuff like this… ._.

31. iSWORD’s avatar

hEY dOES dIS rON isoZz????

:P

32. Softtm17’s avatar

Hope this VHBL work on FW1.80….so ,if it work…i can update my PsVita and finally use always the vhbl and play Final fantasy VIII *____* that i’ve alredy in my ps3…
    So i’ll waiting you Wololo ^^

33. Callysta Madonna’s avatar

VHBL Must work with the PRO, ME, and M33 psp cfw to make a mix

34. ا لعاب’s avatar

I wish the Moderator was this act