True Blue discontinued, new “solution” in the works?

Hardware mods shopping site lighttake.com announced on their site (screenshot below) that True Blue is not produced anymore, and that the Team behind True Blue will come with a replacement product in July.

True Blue JB2 was stop producing and a newest replace product will be released in July, please pay close attention to TB official site news update in recently days.

(I’ll let you do the translation from engrish).

As I predicted (yeah, I don’t know much about the inners of the PS3, but it seems I still have a good understanding of how piracy works), it is possible the people behind True Blue felt that hackers are “closing in” too fast (or is it the fear of E3′s incoming own dongle?), and will be dodging the bullet by releasing an entirely new product. Yup, by the time hackers break True Blue, the information will might have become completely obsolete.

Of course, if you bought True Blue, there is no doubt that your current dongle will become perfectly useless for your piracy needs, and you will need to buy whatever new scam the True Blue team comes up with in July. But hey, you already bought the first one, so you’ll happily do it again. That kind of thing only hurts the first time ;)

No information on the subject is available on True Blue’s website yet

the announcement on lighttake.com

source lighttake.com, many thanks to br0br0 for the tip!

1. TrECeNTeRs’s avatar

^look … The reason I burn and try out all my games on the X360 until I decide something is worth buying.

1. TrECeNTeRs’s avatar

C4EVA :)

2. alisson’s avatar

wololo what is the purpose of true blue?

1. wololo’s avatar

Theoretically it allows people to play pirated games that require firmware 3.6 or more, on a 3.55 custom firmware.
      Practically, it is just an encryption scheme to guarantee that people who don’t have the dongle cannot run the Paradox pirated games. It is a deviant way for paradox to get paid for pirated games, without officially being illegal by selling counterfeits.
      They randomly release new games once in a while, to keep new customers coming, but there is not guarantee they will keep delivering games once they are satisfied with the money. Which is what’s happening here.

1. rog’s avatar

More accurately, it allows you to play certain games that normally require 3.6+ firmware on 3.55 cfw. The only thing special about their releases is the eboot. Someone could easily buy the game, dump it themselves, and download the eboot, and play it piracy free. Just because 99% of users use it for piracy does not mean that is its only purpose. Or do we also refer to iso loaders as piracy tools now too?

2. rog’s avatar

Did you really delete my comment because i said you can play store-bought games, that would otherwise not be possible to play using a true blue?

1. rog’s avatar

Well now i feel silly, i swear when i posted that i didn’t see my comment, even after refreshing.

3. ???’s avatar

This is only happening because of the hackers that acting to be the good guy and don’t release ISO loader

4. me’s avatar

Man, these ppl are scum and would deserve a lawsuit… totally unlike the xbox community!

5. UE’s avatar

BWAHAHAHAHA oh this is just the amusing news I like to hear.

The major reason I dislike TB isn’t because of piracy but more because the dongle doesn’t need to be made and these people have been making HUGE amounts of money from OTHER PEOPLES GAMES. Piracy is fine when it is free because 90% of the time it really is victimless however I hate the idea of someone profiting from someone else’s work without good reason.

6. gamerb0y’s avatar

HAHAHA!!!! SAY NO to DRM Dongles!!!! I’m glad I don’t buy this dongle…

7. WTF’s avatar

lol, they’re gonna do same things next.. discontinue “current” product.. so u gonna buy the “next”.. it’s amusing..

8. Buu-San’s avatar