Release: CFW Pro C

Some of you might think this is old news, having seen Pro CFW C released a long time ago on other websites. This is not. Yesterday, Pro CFW C “fix 3″ was added to the official list of downloads on their google code page. This is in my opinion the first really stable release of Pro CFW C, and this is why I am updating our download page only today.

The beta versions had a few issues, including a bug in the CIPL flasher which could cause bricks. Thankfully, this issue of course only happened on hackable motherboards which could be fixed with Pandora batteries. This is now fixed with this release, and I personally verified it on my PSP 1000.

The major improvement of Pro C over Pro B is the possibility to access the Prometheus online system, a free gaming service that allows you to play adhoc games online. In other words, your PSP believes you are in the same room as your friends, and allows you to play adhoc games over the internet. We discuss here why this is a great solution compared to alternatives such as adhoc party or xlink kai.

If you are new to the world of Custom Firmwares on the PSP, or interested but worried about the installation process, do give it a try. The times have changed: installing Pro CFW is risk free (the default installation process is designed to be less risky than installing an official firmware, by not touching any critical files), and is a two-steps operation. An up-to-date and noob-friendly tutorial on how to install it can be found on my cfw for dummies guide.

Pro CFW gives you access to hundreds of homebrews and emulators, plugin support, recovery utilities to repair your psp, additional Ram on most models of PSP, integrated iso supports, and today access to a free online gaming service, that supports more games than the official Sony solution. In simpler words, there is no good reason to stay on Official Firmware today on a PSP.

Downloads

Download Pro CFW C here, or check the installation tutorial with all the necessary links

1. Yoti’s avatar

Really? :3

2. Omar’s avatar

Fix 4 was released 19 hours ago.

1. Steven’s avatar

that fix4 you’re talking about is only for 6.39 since it has the wrong CIPL flasher

*) Fixed several memory unlocking problems like the VSH exit crash (broken homescreen).
      *) Added high memory forcing support for SEN NPDRM EBOOTs (most useful in combination with Prometheus Online – http://www.prometheus.uk.to).
      *) Relinked the PSP online manual to the PRO CFW server.
      *) Fixed CIPL Section Brick

6.39 PRO-C fix3 contained the wrong CIPL installer. “fix4 contains the right one.”

3. Lenny’s avatar

If you have a psp-1000, is there any advantages of this update over the pro b-10 cfw, considering that 1000′s cannot use the Prometheus online system anyway?

1. StepS’s avatar

stability of some games loading has been improved

4. JackleJoe’s avatar

Amen, Wololo!

5. Draggy’s avatar

Great news. ;) I’ll check it out tomorrow, I hope the Prometheus system will work for me.

6. Machado’s avatar

I have a psp 1004 and i have installed a cfw pro c but don’t work my favorite homebrew : mame4all ! Have you a solution? Sorry for my english

7. Peleep’s avatar

Is it safe to go straight to this 6.60 Pro-C and CIPL flash from 6.60 Pro-B10 on a PSP phat 1000 with CIPL Flash completed?

thanks!

8. BaDocha’s avatar

does this have a permanent mode like pro-b or you have to boot it everytime you shutdown your psp?

9. Kiyoshi’s avatar

is it now safe to launch 6.60 PRO-C fix 3′s CIPL flasher? cuz mine was bricked when I Installed PRO-C fix 2′s CIPL,,, thanks :]

1. Cy’s avatar

Hey I bricked mine how did you unblock yours I need help. I used the CIPL on 6.60 and it’s bricked how do I unbrick?

1. wololo’s avatar

Get a pandora battery and a jigstick

1. Cy’s avatar

Will it work 100% to unbrick? Please reply

10. Kiyoshi’s avatar

is it now safe to launch 6.60 PRO-C fix 3′s CIPL flasher? cuz mine was bricked when I Installed PRO-C fix 2′s CIPL, thanks :]

1. wololo’s avatar

Yes, did you read the article?

1. Kiyoshi’s avatar

yes I did I’m just scared to try it :D

11. M3rror’s avatar

I got a problem, and this probably should be posted in the PRO C forum so I can get help faster, but I’m trying to go from 6.60 ME 1.6 -> PRO C but the update crashes at the gameboot screen. I know a work-a-round I can do (pop in the ole pandora’s battery, downgrade, then upgrade to 6.60 OFW), but due to it being late and me wanting to take a easier/lazier route, is there any other way?

12. SixtySixHundred’s avatar

Hi Wololo,

Love your work, I’ve been around the PSP scene for a while now, and have been happy with every CFW released to date, but now I’ve gone to Pro-C but a lot of my homebrew crashes, (Emulator SNES9xTYL and does not exit correctly, among others) and some times games fail to boot, so I want to go back to Pro-B10.
    My (fairly no0bish) question is, is it ok to just install Pro-B10 over Pro-C? Or will that cause a brick? I have no Pandora battery y’see, otherwise I’d have just done it.

Thanks for your time.

1. wololo’s avatar

Hi, I believe it is fine to go back from C to B10. I have done it myself when I ran into issues with the CIPL. I will ask Coldbird next time I talk to him though, if there would be side effects. Also, crashes in homebrews is clearly not intentional so I think you should report a bug on their google code page.

1. SixtySixHundred’s avatar

Thanks, I will stay on Pro-C for a while to report the bugs I find with my favourite homebrew.
        Thanks for the very speedy reply.

2. toBsucht’s avatar

For me pro-c works as well as b! Btw i think thiere is a fix4 (CIPL flasher fixed).

13. Br’s avatar

Hello wololo,

Congratulation on your site, I always love coming arroung to see scene news.

I have a question. I have a PSP3000 which is on OFW 5.03, using gen-c. During a long time, 5.03 was considered the place to be for psp3000.

Do you recommend passing to 6.60? Which flavor of 6.60 CFW do you prefer?

Thanks,

Br

1. wololo’s avatar

Yes, 6.60 is where you want to be now. I think except a minority of plugins, 6.60 does everything 5.03 did, and does it better.
      You basically want either Pro CFW B10 or pro CFW C. Some people have been reporting homebrew issues with Pro C, I haven’t used it long enough to confirm. I have been running all my psps (1000, 3000, Go) on Pro CFW B10 for months without a problem.
      Check this page for installation: http://wololo.net/cfw4dummies/

1. Br’s avatar

Thanks a lot wololo

14. dr. swag’s avatar

nice

15. MR.ß’s avatar

HOW TO PLAY ONLINE ON 6.20PRO-C FIX 3 VERSION?

16. damilad’s avatar

mr. wololo pliz help me on how to mood pandora battery coz dis ur syt is interesting

17. Manav’s avatar

Is there any way to install old home brews which required old cfw’s ? Eg: irshell works on 5.50 Gen but do sent work on my 6.60 pro c fix 3 ? And also which is better pro c or pro b10 ? If its pro b10 can u tell me a way to install pro b10 on pro c permanent install without the use of Pandora battery?

18. XIX’s avatar

Hi,

I have a psp 3000, 6.60 Pro B-10. kernel 9g.
    Can i install pro-C without going back to OFW 6.60?

19. steve’s avatar

i just installed 660 pro c on my psp 1001 using the wololo way.

if i go online with a game using 660 pro c will my psp be banned in anyway?

20. fretslapper’s avatar

Is this an lcfw? Or is it a cfw? I’m asking because I have a psp 3000 with 6.39 on it and I’m at pro-b 10. Is it safe as long as I don’t use cipl?

1. wololo’s avatar

It’s both, and yes it is safe as long as you don’t use CIPL

21. fretslapper’s avatar

ok thanks.

22. steve’s avatar

has the cipl flasher for 6.60pro c on a psp 1000 been fixed or will it still brick a psp 1000?

23. craig’s avatar

hi, i am already running psp go on 6.2 pro b10 using fast recovery, will it be safe to update to this and if not is it safe to update to official 6.60 firmware and then do a fresh installation of pro c, many thanks if you can help

24. Jesus’s avatar

I have a psp 1001 and i upgrade to 6.60 pro b10 but its not detecting the iso. i even have the iso file but it don’t want to wark. what do you think i need to do???

1. Jesus’s avatar

i have checked in the settings and it is running the 6.60 pro b10

25. Mealmightyme’s avatar

i am having trouble with getting cheats for some games, like installing cwcheats and the selct button doesn’t do anything (i’ve hopped from websites to other websites to figure out the problem) i get more confused so im starting all over again with cfw.
    -Are those plugins and cheats compatible with psp cfw 6.60 pro c, or do i need 6.60 pro b10 or something?
    -And to make the cheats work do i just need the cfw, cwcheat and cheat codes, nothing more or nothing less?

Really grateful if help is given :|

1. Mealmightyme’s avatar

*i have a psp go if that information is required