Release: Wagic 0.18.6 – It’s over 9000!

There are so many things in this release that I don’t even know where to start, but if there’s one thing that will make our long-time followers happy, it’s probably this one: Planeswalkers!

Ok, so, first of all, many thanks go to Zethfox and Mike, who have driven 95% of the improvements to Wagic since the last release. Many thanks also go to the other devs of the Wagic team who contributed to this release. As usual, we bring an insane amount of changes in this version, but let me introduce Wagic to those who don’t know about it yet:

What is Wagic?

Often compared to commercial games for its replay value and quality, Wagic is a heroic fantasy card game, in which you fight as a wizard against the computer. As you win battles, you unlock new game modes and earn credits that allow you to improve your army. Wagic is community driven and entirely customizable: you can create themes, mods, new rules, or even new games (check for example Knights VS Dagons on our forums, a game strongly inspired by strategy games such as warcraft). Wagic is available in several languages (English, French, German, spanish, Italian, Portuguese, Chinese, Japanese, Serbian), and open source. It currently runs on the Sony PSP (as well as on the PS Vita if you have VHBL), Windows, Linux, maemo, meego, Android (phones and tablets), and iOS (iPhone, iPad).

Changelog

Almost 1000 new cards were added to this release thanks to the work of Zethfox and Dr Solomat. This means we now have more than 9400 unique cards in the game. Among these cards are the long awaited Planeswalkers, as well as a few new sets. We also dramatically improved the Android and iOS ports, especially the deck editor. Check the changelog below for more details

• Close to 1000 new cards, Wagic now supports more than 9400 unique cards, including (finally!) Planeswalkers support, and Dark Ascension
  • (iOS/Android) replaced some psp specific shortcuts with buttons for the touch screen. This makes the deck editor, in particular, much more usable
  • (iOS/Android) more intuitive way to scroll cards left and right in the deck editor, which should make it easier to build a deck
  • On Android, it is now possible to choose if you will download the game files on the internal memory or your SD card (experimental)
  • Many bug fixes, and minor gameplay improvements on all platforms (too many to describe them all)

More Info

Remember that in addition to the news in this blog, you can find more Wagic news on twitter and facebook thanks to Leungclj

Download

If you enjoy Wagic, please consider a donation. Thanks in advance!

Alternatively, if you like Wagic, please spread the word! An article in your blog, a post about this release in your favorite gaming forum, a video on youtube… everything helps!

download here

The link above takes you to the download page where you can choose the correct archive depending on your platform
As usual, enjoy this new release of Wagic!

1. Clarkalel’s avatar

Wow Thanks for the update Wololo and all those who contributed to make this happen.Haven’t played MTG before only Yu-gi-oh hopefully i will enjoy it.

1. Clarkalel’s avatar

Do i use the Unsigned version of Wagic for it to work on my vita 1.61 Everbody’s Tennis?, also is it possible to mod it to yu-gi-oh type play.Thanks again Wololo and the Devs and Contributor.

1. toBsucht’s avatar

yes use the unsigned version with vita /: xD

2. Kyle Hassen’s avatar

LOL when you said its over 9000! i was thinking of something from Dragon Ball Z
    Its Over 9000!!! [Original Video and Audio]

1. WarBearFace’s avatar

Well I do believe that was the joke

1. Elite00’s avatar

Wololo is a 9gagger

1. aboutseven’s avatar

“Wololo is a 9gagger”
          Good god why?

2. wololo’s avatar

What’s a 9gagger?
          [Edit: oh, ok, looks like some sort of reddit clone?]

1. WarBearFace’s avatar

Yes Reddit FTW!

2. Kyle Hassen’s avatar

Well anyone who is a DB fan knows what its about lol. but i thought it was funny.

3. Denis’s avatar

Hi, Wololo. Did you have plans porting Wagic to PS Suite?

4. OMightyBuggy’s avatar

I am going to put this on my Vita right away. :)

5. Clarkalel’s avatar

Hopefully someone will make a card set in HD for Vita version, PSP version card set is really blurry.

1. StepS’s avatar

it’s impossible unless Wagic is ran natively (through PS Suite, for example). The resolution inside vhbl is always 480×272

2. Maxglee’s avatar

Playing PSP games on Vita are also blurry….

3. Maxglee’s avatar

Or, setting Bi-linear filtering ‘on’ might help…but my friends feel more blurry.

6. Unknown’s avatar

Dear Wololo,

Since th PSS Open Beta is available.
    It’s possible to port it right?

7. Unknown’s avatar

I havn’t seen the post Dennis made
    But since I saw how you replied to him please do ignore my question.

8. Mud’s avatar

Awesome!! Thanks Wololo, Love the Wagic.

9. ken’s avatar

Wagic Wagic Wagic, I’m goin’ to play some Wagic :)
    Thanks Wagic Devs

10. Iono’s avatar

Hey guys, I’m back:) School is a fucking retarded workout. Finished learning about Parabolas, Matrices and Now starting on sequence thingys. Might stop by and make another fake account :p. Ok that’s all. Lick my ass hole :)

1. OMightyBuggy’s avatar

Knock it off. >.<

11. jlo138’s avatar

What! 9000!? There’s no way that can be right!

1. g00fy’s avatar

but that’s what the scouter .. eeehm, Wololo .. said! xD

12. LOLCAT’s avatar

Awesome!! Now I can play Wagic like crazy tonight!!! Thx Wololo!!

13. Mud’s avatar

Hay I’m having a problem with the new Wagic the old one ran fine but after I install the new Wagic and then try to play it, it wont load up, I get a error.. Any help?
    PS Vita 161 SC3.

Thanks!

1. wololo’s avatar

Be sure to use the unsigned version… I actually haven’t tested it yet on VHBL, it is possible I messed things up with the compilation

1. Mud’s avatar

Thanks wololo, I’ll try it and report back. :)
        Tho, it might be on my end I’m having the same problem with the nes emulator. Everything else I’ve tried has gone fine.

1. Mud’s avatar

I feel stupid now the unsigned version works. sorry I know your time is important to everyone here and didn’t mean to wast it, I should have read the whole download description.

Thanks you Wololo.

1. wololo’s avatar

It’s not wasting my time at all, and glad to see it worked :)

14. Luke’s avatar

Hello,

Can you please get it for mac? It’s the only computer I have, and I really want a magic sim on my computer. Thanks.

1. w7y7a7t7t’s avatar

have you tried cross over? wine? parallels? vm ware fusion? boot camp?

15. leander05’s avatar

i just found out about this site! great work on wagic, now i can play magic on my android,but can anyone pls point me to the right direction? where can i dl the card images? and where to put them tnx in advance.glad to play it in my android

16. Arnaud’s avatar

What can I do to update to 0.19. I have to delete one to put the other on PSP “GAME” file?