Release: Wagic 0.18.6 – It’s over 9000!
There are so many things in this release that I don’t even know where to start, but if there’s one thing that will make our long-time followers happy, it’s probably this one: Planeswalkers!
Ok, so, first of all, many thanks go to Zethfox and Mike, who have driven 95% of the improvements to Wagic since the last release. Many thanks also go to the other devs of the Wagic team who contributed to this release. As usual, we bring an insane amount of changes in this version, but let me introduce Wagic to those who don’t know about it yet:
What is Wagic?
Often compared to commercial games for its replay value and quality, Wagic is a heroic fantasy card game, in which you fight as a wizard against the computer. As you win battles, you unlock new game modes and earn credits that allow you to improve your army. Wagic is community driven and entirely customizable: you can create themes, mods, new rules, or even new games (check for example Knights VS Dagons on our forums, a game strongly inspired by strategy games such as warcraft). Wagic is available in several languages (English, French, German, spanish, Italian, Portuguese, Chinese, Japanese, Serbian), and open source. It currently runs on the Sony PSP (as well as on the PS Vita if you have VHBL), Windows, Linux, maemo, meego, Android (phones and tablets), and iOS (iPhone, iPad).
Almost 1000 new cards were added to this release thanks to the work of Zethfox and Dr Solomat. This means we now have more than 9400 unique cards in the game. Among these cards are the long awaited Planeswalkers, as well as a few new sets. We also dramatically improved the Android and iOS ports, especially the deck editor. Check the changelog below for more details
- Close to 1000 new cards, Wagic now supports more than 9400 unique cards, including (finally!) Planeswalkers support, and Dark Ascension
- (iOS/Android) replaced some psp specific shortcuts with buttons for the touch screen. This makes the deck editor, in particular, much more usable
- (iOS/Android) more intuitive way to scroll cards left and right in the deck editor, which should make it easier to build a deck
- On Android, it is now possible to choose if you will download the game files on the internal memory or your SD card (experimental)
- Many bug fixes, and minor gameplay improvements on all platforms (too many to describe them all)
If you enjoy Wagic, please consider a donation. Thanks in advance!
Alternatively, if you like Wagic, please spread the word! An article in your blog, a post about this release in your favorite gaming forum, a video on youtube… everything helps!
The link above takes you to the download page where you can choose the correct archive depending on your platform
As usual, enjoy this new release of Wagic!