Back

Hey everyone, I’m back from holidays and will try to catch up by the end of the week on the stuff I missed in the past 2 weeks. In particular, I hope to have some time in the next few days to investigate the Snes9xTYL issues in the Super Collpase 3 release of VHBL.

1. garrei’s avatar

Cool story bro… needs more dragons ;)

2. geise’s avatar

Welcome back! Hope it was a relaxing holiday. Thanks for looking into the Snes9xTYL issue. I was also wondering if you could see if there might be a way to fix the Picodrive menu issue? Thanks again for all your work on this.

1. StepS’s avatar

all these issues are similar… the same audio issue concerns Lamecraft and Jelly Car as well

3. Peleep’s avatar

Welcome back! Where did you go?

I think things have thrived in the last 2 weeks. I’ve got a fair few emu’s running with a few hiccups here and there, thanks to the community, in your absence Wololo.

Would love to have VICE/MAME working too if anyone has any clues.

4. JackleJoe’s avatar

I wondered why you hadn’t posted in a while. Welcome back!

5. HIMFan’s avatar

Yeah. I can’t load savestates in gbaSP. Is that just me?

1. StepS’s avatar

all is ok, you should check the forum, there’s a working gpsp ;)

1. HIMFan’s avatar

Yeah, thats what I meant. However, it does indeed actually save my savestate and you can see the thumbnail of it when you want to load it and then it freezes the whole thing. So I have to resort to restarting Super Collapse 3. I am using the one I got from the /talk forums. Maybe you’re referring to a different one. I searched the forums and I can’t find what thread they have a different working gpsp on.

6. sony can kiss my ass’s avatar

you mean gpsp? if yes try to be sure the game really saves any data when you save the game from the game (not using savestates)(on the psp you have to watch the ms led but i dont know about the psvita since i dont have one) if not exit the emulator and restart it. this fixed it in my case when i was using HBL (for the exploid that runs on FW 6.31, i forgot the name of the game)

7. andraik262’s avatar

no version of scummvm is working either… just pointing it out. I looked everywhere on the forums and no one else seems to care about it but its one of my favorites. If you have time, could look into that too? It would e GREATLY appriciated. thx wololo.

8. Shinrow’s avatar

Well, welcome back! Hope your holidays were great :)

9. >3mySNES’s avatar

Welcome back wololo. Can’t wait for tYL fix been using snes9x and Zelda and Mario are st8 but ff6 sucks! Lol. Even at frameskip 5 still slow. Thanks

10. S@S.CC’s avatar

I know how to get GBA works on your PS Vita now.
    OR am I too late?

11. lopzmahface :(’s avatar

Ho about the kernel exploit davees hiding like a filthy coward :-)

1. Chris Highwind’s avatar

I believe someone’s already dumped the flash0 for the psp emulator and released that, though in terms of kernel exploit, I’d say less “filthy coward”, and more “trying to make sure everything runs as best as possible before releasing a HEN”, unless he has no intentions of ever releasing a Vita HEN to the public, but then, if I was in his shoes, I wouldn’t even brag about finding an exploit in the first place if I was going to keep it to myself.

1. Richard_Wayne’s avatar

I believe davee has no legal way to distribute his exploit at the moment.

2. UE’s avatar

He has stated he has no intention of ever releasing the exploit… pitty but what can you do.

1. lopzmahface :(’s avatar

Doesn’t matter, if he doesn’t release it someone else will and even a better exploit possibly vita cfw :-o

12. GaDo’s avatar

If i dont have a Game Super Collapse 3/Motorstorm Artic can i still play Emu in my PS vita kind pls give a link a tutorial how thanks

welcome back wololo

1. Chris Highwind’s avatar

The only way I know of to get an emulator outside of vHBL is to use an emulator made using the Playstation Suite, and the emulators made with that are subpar, even more so than uo_SNES9X. So if you don’t have any of the games required for vHBL and 1.67 (or 1.61 with no way of getting the 1.61 games), then you’re out of luck.

1. GaDo’s avatar

i dont have all of them…i am not lucky …well of i have to do now is to wait… thanks Chris for the info…

13. Coldbird’s avatar

Welcome back Wololo.

1. Richard_Wayne’s avatar

Welcome back!

14. NORATIO’s avatar

Welcome b”hack” man! Really hope you can find us another exploit for people on 1.67.. Thanks !!!

15. Guardian’s avatar

Welcome back wololo! Tell me did you eat the dragon quest meat monster thingy?

16. TelcoLou’s avatar

Welcome back! Hope your holiday was restful, and thanks again for all you’ve done with the VHBL :)

17. Eri’s avatar

Welcome back !!!
    fight on!

18. zzj’s avatar

Welcome back!

19. Luthy’s avatar

Wololo, did you get your name from Age of empires?

1. SMOKE’s avatar

I think I saw a post somewhere that said his first name starts with a “W” and his last name is “Ololo”.. I could be wrong though.

2. wololo’s avatar

Luthy, yes.

20. OMightyBuggy’s avatar

Here is some news while you left. Cool stuff going on lately.
    ————————————–
    A NES emulator working on VITA FW 1.67 thanks to the PS Suite SDK.

Source: http://www.ps3crunch.net/forum/threads/3488-A-NES-emulator-working-on-VITA-FW-1-67-thanks-to-the-PS-Suite-SDK?p=39611#post39611
    ————————————–

1. StepS’s avatar

vhbl runs it a lot better, with full fps and sound :)

1. Richard_Wayne’s avatar

I agree VHBL is heaps better than these ps suite emulators!

1. OMightyBuggy’s avatar

I know but Official Firmware with no exploit is pretty good. Who knows it might go further.

Doubt it, lol.

21. cris’s avatar

welcome back i may be rude but what is your position now that flash0 is released to the public will you help to a cfw ?
    a kernel acess is better than user mode and also as i see it no ps vita games will be harmed to the process as only psp mode is accesible

22. >3mySNES’s avatar

For the 1st time I was playing Zelda and vita started actin slow so I exited Vhbl and everything was super slow and icons kept shakeing had to turn system off and reboot. Hope doesn’t brick

1. wololo’s avatar

Vhbl cannot brick your console.

23. >3mySNES’s avatar

ThanksBand good luck on snestyl

24. >3mySNES’s avatar

Thanks man. iPhone spell check. Lol

25. 3me-semi’s avatar

davee’s vita psp iso is fake?

1. StepS’s avatar

what exactly are you referring to?

26. little-vince’s avatar

wasn’t sure how long your vacation was so i kept on checking waiting for a new post. :P
    welcome back wolz. :)

27. lotusvibe’s avatar

So wololo got back on the 9th? I still haven’t seen a fix for SNES posted here or on the forums. Just wanna make sure I haven’t missed anything.

28. airsky’s avatar