PS Vita 1.65 Firmware Update postponed

You waited for months for a new Vita update? You were expecting more PSP titles, a decent browser, PS1 compatibility, or other cool stuff? Well, how about caps lock support in the keyboard? It’s not enough for you? Come on, caps lock on a keyboard is pretty cool man… Ok then, how about an update that breaks adhoc game on PSP titles?

What, still not happy? Well, how about we cancel the update so that you really feel like you wasted time updating?

From Playstation’s blog:

Update 4/3/2012: We identified a symptom that users can not play adhoc play in PSP titles if they download the system software, so we have taken down the system software temporarily. The system software will be available to download again soon.

source: Playstation blog

1. darkenvy’s avatar

Sony fail. So Im guessing 1.66 is coming out soon :P

1. Noah’s avatar

i just got the 1.66 update.not sure what it improved though…

2. Koji’s avatar

Translation: We rushed out this patch to counter the hackers! It’s not our fault that we couldn’t fully test out the patches fully first!

3. kevin’s avatar

what!!!! i’ve already update my ps vita with the 1.65 firmware

4. Clarkalel’s avatar

Sony Sony Sony the company is run buy monkeys learning to type.CAPLOCK for a firmware update that is the stupidest thing i ever heard, plus they break adhoc not really sure if the should continue calling it updates more like a downdates to me. SONY your are a failure with your half ass promises. EX: six axis controller support for game , playstation move , remote play , playstation eye.

5. ndh777’s avatar

lol that’s quite funny. I sincerely hope they take forever so I don’t have to feel bad about not updating while I await another exploit.

But seriously, all they could add into such a large update was CAPSLOCK? Seriously? That’s all they did since the last update is do that?

Sony, take some advice. Stop going after hackers and start firing some of your workers. Hackers are taking way less from you, if anything at all, than these people that work for you making these updates.

6. StepS’s avatar

CAPSLOCK for the win! :D

7. darthscottydog21’s avatar

forget controller sapport i want the remote play they promissed that we could play all ps3 games trough that and then i find out thats not completly true i envy the people with hacked ps3 im stuck with 4.11 and no usb hack for it i want remot play red dead infamous god or what ever powerful beings from black and white hear our please

8. Iono’s avatar

hehe… at least your jokes are better :)

9. Sony’s avatar

You wait and see what we have changed in the new 1.65
    (Coming Soon)

10. text’s avatar

加油SONY。。

Hope you will make me feel buying the VITA wasnt a complete misinvesment.

From China @@@

11. The Budds’s avatar

I got the new update and managed to get it installed, and sadly all I got was a more buggy Vita for updating. I guess I’m pretty dumb to expect improvements :(

Exactly as to what you posted, that’s me in a nutshell. I’m still shaking my head at this incident.

12. while’s avatar

Their developper was able to enable caps lock but only when ad hoc is fucked up.

That’s the PoC of Sony’s dev :) Hahaha what a dumbass.

13. svenn’s avatar

SONY KNOWS WHAT CONSUMERS WANT!!!!! Couldn’t do that before uh ;)

Don’t blame Sony, you don’t know how hard it is to run updates when you don’t know if your implementing features or removing them.

14. SymphoniC’s avatar

We all know that the real reason why Sony isn’t adding major features… oh I don’t know, such as Flash and HTML5, is simply because they’re afraid that their precious new handheld will get hacked and Custom Firmware installed. Ipod touch is a fine example of a more closed system that has better browser support than the PS Vita.

Sony sure does know how to compete… not.

15. The Budds’s avatar

PS Vita firmware 1.66 released. I tried to start super stardust and got told I had to update.

16. Iono’s avatar

You guys are all talk… Sony this… Sony that… Sony broke my toe nail… Sony keeps fucking with me and I still continue purchasing thier products because I like hurting myself… fucking idiots…

1. Anon122’s avatar

lol complain much then why are you here?

oh i almost forgot you’re the known resident troll here XD

1. Iono’s avatar

I know your a faggot, Okay :(

1. Anon122’s avatar

Said by the person who trolled so much in the forum and got banned then later on created multiple accounts then got banned again & again……. wow just wow

1. Iono’s avatar

So how’s your mum?

17. G7commenter’s avatar

Agree with Iono. Some people are just idiots. Why they don’t buy Apple toys if they feel so fukced up buying Sony products? What’s the problem? Everyone knows that early adopters suffer from such minor problems, if you can’t live with that then wait for a year or so.

1. Iono’s avatar

Wow, someone actually agrees with me :)

1. wololo’s avatar

Yeah that’s rare enough, enjoy it :)

2. OMightyBuggy’s avatar

This is too many.

18. KizumiK’s avatar

Dude….. This is not the 1st april today……

19. :p’s avatar

Cool thanks, :) know were is the register link? LolLol

20. :p’s avatar

Wololos a cold hearted hacker

21. raziel’s avatar

I can see the Vita turning out to be a failure due to lack of games, apps & their expensive proprietary stuffs.
    ..and now Sony is making me laugh with their buggy firmware update. LOL SONY XD

22. :p’s avatar

Give it a year or so then come back n comment lulz