Goodbye

Update: Ok guys, that was of course an April Fools joke, I have no plan to leave the scene. congrats to those who saw that the first letters of each paragraph spelled the word “Fools”, which was not an insult to you guys, just a way to hint at the joke. Next year, I’ll try something less obvious I guess :p

For a while now I’ve been thinking about leaving the PSP/Vita scene. I’ve been active on the PSP scene for more than 5 years, first as a homebrew user, then as a homebrew programmer, then as a hacker, and recently focusing on blogging/managing the community as well as exploring the new PS Vita. It’s been a fun ride, but everything has to end one day or the other.

On the one hand, these 5 years have been some of the most exciting in my life. I’ve met plenty of awesome people, some of them who left before me, some of them who will leave after me. I’ve created a homebrew I’m proud of, which hopefully will keep going on, I’ve directly contributed to opening the PSP 3000, the PSP Go, and the PS Vita to homebrews, I’ve organized the biggest PSP homebrew competition ever, and I’m proud to think I’ve helped people gathering knowledge on these systems, through my tutorials and the /talk community.

On the other hand, all of this takes lots of time, and I’ve had my share of pressure recently with the Vita exploits. It seems the community is not ready for more hacks, and I understood the message.

Last but not least, I want to thank everybody who’s helped me in the past 5 years, it’s been a blast.

So long, PSP scene.

1. PSPcfwDUDE’s avatar

hahahhahaha that was nice !

F
    O
    O
    L
    S

very clever!

1. mike shem’s avatar

you can parpare aseond done this ,in this way you not only finfsning it but also youca porite in this .banging in this way you playing this

2. DigiTak’s avatar

Awwww
    JK Happy April 1st wololo

3. R.A.V.S.O’s avatar

And now for a special KH quote….

You play the game quite well XD

4. razor’s avatar

what the hell?….who will help us now?…. (o o) Nooooooo!!!!… My vita aint hack yet.

5. Marc’s avatar

better to fool us with this than some putting out false vita hacks!

good work Wololo and as always THANKS!!

6. jisé ash’s avatar

Tu m’as eu pendant 40 sec, c’est-à-dire jusqu’à ce que je regarde la date de parution. :)

7. OMightyBuggy’s avatar

Apirl 1st

8. th3pwnsh0p’s avatar

I noticed F O O L after the first paragraph ;)

9. CRXSZC’s avatar

Almost got me there hahaha

10. jecko’s avatar

What a bad aprifool :P. I just visited your blog today, because i wanted to know whicht kind of joke you wanna post :D

11. tbag’s avatar

Nice I knew you would come up with something. here’s my contribution.
    Download

12. K’s avatar

I eat that lol

I am watching this blog and forums from the outside and never thought maybe its necessary to post anything I am just a reader you know…

when I first read that I was like dayum cant be, without wololo my ps vita and scene going to suck dayum I just felt it was too early…

I sure do know we will miss you wololo, fortunately I realized it was the aprils fools joke after read the first comment…

thank you for been here wololo like I said I cant think about a ps community without you!

13. Honzis’s avatar

First I was like “Goodbye then,” but then I noticed the date. Well played, wololo. (Well, if you meant it seriously, that would be the biggest April Fool ever. o_0)

14. Ross31192’s avatar

Dude you got me lol it would be over if you left.

15. TheGuardian’s avatar

I hate you wololo, I hate you! I thought it was for real, damm it, you really got me. I was real afraid you truly left and then I started to think in all the work you did for all of us. I was remembering following your blog, reading your posts, the news and the offers, ahh yes the offers I was not able to pay for… he he he.

Then I remembered the day I got HBL for the first time, it felt like losing my virginity to you, oh wololo and now you were saying you are leaving me? with no reason at all? I was thinking about it, that HBL was the reason I felt in love with you, thinking that I should have done more for the scene rather than playing lamecraft or jelly car.

I was getting ready, ready to face life without you for now on, I took two cans of beer and some cigarettes and started to read the comments, you knoe to see the reaction in your followers that like me had their psp hacked and looked for news and exploits.

It was then that I saw it, the reason I hate you now. What the hell? April Fools? I totally forgot… Hate you Wololo, HATE YOU!!!!

:) by the way nice work on the vita.

16. Viral_Weaponry’s avatar

im god…
    LOL

17. Sam’s avatar

@TheGuardian: That’s pretty homo man, just sayin.

@Wololo: You are a genius sir. Truly in-tune with the ways of the Internet.

1. TheGuardian’s avatar

it was supposed to be homo since I had no other way to counter wololo”s joke on us.

18. xcanox’s avatar

I see what you did there.

19. SirPsp’s avatar

lol, I noticed the bold letters before even reading the title. Made it too noticeable.

20. LOLZA’s avatar

and you people actually thought he was really gonna leave. Nice 1 wololo.

21. The Grue’s avatar

Yes, yes april fools and all that but I would’ve understood if this was real. The PSP scene is probably the most vitriolic, aggressive monument to fandumb ever.

22. SINCaliber’s avatar

Fools…

Heard that too many times from Dissidia. >_<

23. Mitoraw’s avatar

Haha nice one wololo

24. a’s avatar

after all, thanks for your work.

25. ???’s avatar

I thought he really is leaving I don’t recognize the FOOLS and then I saw the comments

26. Cercata’s avatar

I believed it. I was going to write some thing like “Best Endeavours for your new hobbies and that I was sad of loosing you”.

I’m very glad it’s an Aprils Fool :)

27. little-vince’s avatar

“Next year, I’ll try something less obvious I guess :p”
    I look forward to you continuing to be active year after year. :D
    Never quit blogging wololo! i love your posts. :)

28. wololo’s avatar